• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

ckj846

Smash Rookie
I'm having quite a lot of trouble fighting Wolf and Falco. They are the campy type and they sit there and laser me to death, forcing me to come in on the offensive. What's the best strategy? I try and float but it's easy to shoot her down and when I get in close enough for a hit, they roll away and continue shooting. What is the best approach? I feel like when I'm playing these characters I get very predictable because I can only float in and either Dair Fair or Nair, or FC and jab / grab.

Any mind tricks or useful tips for fighting laser spammers? Thanks :]

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
I'm having quite a lot of trouble fighting Wolf and Falco. They are the campy type and they sit there and laser me to death, forcing me to come in on the offensive. What's the best strategy? I try and float but it's easy to shoot her down and when I get in close enough for a hit, they roll away and continue shooting. What is the best approach? I feel like when I'm playing these characters I get very predictable because I can only float in and either Dair Fair or Nair, or FC and jab / grab.

Any mind tricks or useful tips for fighting laser spammers? Thanks :]
advance by sheilding and then walking, floating is still a pretty good choice but don't make it as obvious/float higher, use your own turnip spam to out spam them (this might make them advance), or spot dodge and advance/just spot dodge (also might bait them into coming towards you)

that's really the only advice I can give you without seeing an actual match, also, how much do they keep at the spam? do they just keep going, like FOREVER? or is it a spam, but not as long as that?

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Actually floating isnt the best way to go. They can shoot you down every time you even jump in the air. Your best option is to approach with your sheild.
well yeah, that's if they jump and shoot, in which case you're right.

but that's why I want to know what kind of spammery he's dealing with.

(i actually know someone who's stupid enough to let me approach by float during a projectile spam, the just sit in one place, on the ground, and press b...every time...)

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Ok i've actually got a useful question :

What are peach's option when returning to the stage from being knocked back? I'm not talking specifically about recovery, but more trying to land back onto the stage unharmed. Since Peach falls really slowly she's really vunerable. Are there any strategies to use to make sure people dont aerially bully you into getting knocked out of the stage? (Usually i die vertically), my airdodging really sucks so i was wondering if there was any other defenses or tricks to use.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I used to FF Dair, but thats not a good idea depending on what character your facing (Zelda for example can Uair you and kill you pretty earlier). I think you're best options is to just FF down as quick as you can and airdodge anytime you find yourself in a position were you're going to get hurt.

Sonic-Fan

Smash Journeyman
Ok i've actually got a useful question :

What are peach's option when returning to the stage from being knocked back? I'm not talking specifically about recovery, but more trying to land back onto the stage unharmed. Since Peach falls really slowly she's really vunerable. Are there any strategies to use to make sure people dont aerially bully you into getting knocked out of the stage? (Usually i die vertically), my airdodging really sucks so i was wondering if there was any other defenses or tricks to use.
yeah, if you are above the stage. let yourself fall a bit and go for the ledge, using your float if you need some time to time it out. you have a much better chance of playing the ledge game against your opponent than trying to up-b or float over their head and land on the stage.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Which way should you DI when caught in dancing blade? I'd DI up and towards for the green variation and usually manage to place myself behind the Marth before he'd be done, but since then, said marth player switched it up to the red/blue variations against me and DIing away or up doesn't seem to work at all.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Snake- The good You can pressure him well and bait his tilts then punish. He does not have much mobility outside the upsmash cancel. The only thing I see him give Peach a hard time with is his grenade camping. But can be dealt with, one thing is you need patients, you dont have it when snake camps, he wins. Also you can grab his grenades and lanuch them at him. Or you can go and camp him too. This helps but the grenades around his area and away from you. And he can only get 2 out. While you can just keep tossing turnips. Just don't toss them at the wrong time. You could eat a grenade to your face. if they are in your area, Float in the air for a while till they explode and move into snake, but not too close. or retreat till you get a turnip.

Up in snakes face you can get at him good with short up Dairs and follow up with w/e you want. Peach is good at putting the pressure on snake. He will be rolling alot. He is a sitting duck in the air. Bait an air dodge and you got it he will be back out of the stage. and she can edgeguard well.

You can space well against snake. And a good air game can shut down his ground game. His easy to combo too. You also have more combat speed. (this does not inlude his upsmash slide For you can stop that easy with just a jab or turnip. Turnips are the best way to go and can shut that upsmash slide down easy)

Snake-The bad: Snake can kill you pretty well and floating too much is not good. you won't catch a good evasive snake since your floating speed is not great. Thats why I short hop my dairs alot. this also prevents the 4th kick from coming out, he stays in place and you follow up with w/e he can.

Snake is about field control. He can set up the field for your death while he has to fight you. so you have to worry about the stage and him at once. One reason you should not float too much is cause he can just uptilt out of the sheild and thats it for you. Also upsmash can take care of that too. Snake can force you to go to him. And take control of the match. He can also force you to go to the air of the ground and set you uo.Snake does not have a hard time killing your air game when floating. Remember you are slow like this.

He can K.O you with ALL his moves well. So he has options to kill you. He is also very hard to kill, but comes a prices with this. He is not really hard to edgeguard and keep out.

Stages with low ceilings are not for you. avoid at all cost.

G&W- the good: To ME, Only thing he has on Peach for wins is K.O's. This character is way too strong on his smash attacks, and the only thing I really see him killing you off early. Now if your moves are fresh and really to kill, you have more options to kill him then he does to you:

Fair
Bair
Upair
Upsmash
Fsmash
Uptilt
Nair
Ftilt
Turnips( ha ha ha)

If you get caught with a bair/nair/ you can DI out of it. with bair if they move in, DI behind him and counter attack with your bair. if he DI's away to space it, DI out and away from him and you won't get launched by the attack.

But if played right, you can outspace G&W. I was playing a few and I made it so hard for them to touch me. My spacing was on point. Even when they try to space thier moves I did not rush them. I played defensive, patient, and just spaced like there was no 2morrow. And the dude was like "Wow, how the hell I can't touch you, that spacing is crazy" Ha ha ha!

G&W Dsmash. You know how it launches you Up or to the sides? I figured out why. If you are close to him, like in his face, His Dsmash will send you to the sides. If you get hit with the hammer part or the tip of the attack, it will launch you in the air. But you can live longer then you expected from his Dsmash. As soon as you get Dsmash or sense one comming when you are close to him, Hold down. You will hit the floor and slide on it. This will reduce the speed you get launched and you will live longer. And if you have good timing, you can tech his Dsmash when you hit the floor. and you won't die from it or ever slide off the stage.

Also if G&Ws pulls back while I SDI out of it, better off for me, you can't follow up with anything and I don't get sent out of the stage and we start all over again on approaching. And those 2 moves are usually his main setups for ****. Now with DI out of this, his set up won't be much affective.

He can be tricky to edgeuard but does not have many options when coming back.. they might try to go over you and Dair you. This is typical though. so wait for it or clap them with an uptilt. Also good sniping of turnips can get him well.time edgehogs or do it and force him on stage. then get off and attack/grab him as soon as you can.

Turnips can do him in if used right. he is not all that fast. So retreating Glide tosses help. Abuse turnips alot when you can but NOT at the wrong time.

G&W- the Bad: This is on FD in the center of the stage.

Upsmash= kills at 80% (the attack does 18% damage)

Dsmash= kills at 80% (The attack does 15% Damage) *Upward*

Dsmash= Kills at 130% (The attack does 13%) *Left/right*

Fsmash= kills at 85% (the attack does 18%)

So really all he has is his smash attacks. His Fair is not killing Peach till like 130 ( and this is without DI) center stage on FD.

Another thing he has is spacing. And he somewhat has more range than you on that??? *don't qoute me on this, I am not sure on this yet*

spacing with what you ask?:

Fair
Bair
Nair
Dtilt

Only thing the spacing lacks is a lil speed. which you beat him in. These are usually used to pressure you out of your shield and eat it too.

With all that said, he is still a pain and a character you have to be really careful against. Thats why, I don't care how fancy or a showoff you wanna be, going aggressive on him is a BAD idea, one mistake will hurt you hard. And he can also punish you hard for being aggressive. And His spacing>your aggressiveness. Good G&W don't abuse thier smash attacks, but usually get at you with nair and bair combos and (other typical G&W stuff, yadda yadda) Then once you are like at 80%+, you are already in the danger zone, for you make one mistake and you get punished with a smash attack, kiss your azz goodbye.

He can pressure really well for kills or hits. And kinda hard to get away from him. really with platforms. So get ready to SDI out of his Nair or Bair if you can't break free. And don't roll alot, you will fell it hard when you get punished for it. also his upair can be annoying, you fall so slow, and with that you can airdodge at the wrong time and he has you since her air dodge is crap. Her falling speed sucks too. don't sleep on this move, it can lead to nasty things.

He has that bucket cancel which makes it even harder to kill him. Though before this was found out, he was not too hard to kill. But this adds on to more of the fustration.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think that is all I got. from this I can't tell who is worst. G&W has better pressure that Snake and can kill you easy. And Snake has field control and can limit how you play. You have to be aware of the field and him at the same time. And can KO you well with all his moves.

From this, to me, I say snake is harder to deal with than G&W

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Only DP would make a great post then immediately after make some silly mistake.

He's so silly.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
I noticed you guys have a xat chat (http://xat.com/PeachBoards). I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Who is the main owner by the way?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Is it just me or is a rly good lucario a ****ing ******** match-up? Everything goes well for me until lucario magically gets more range as soon as he's in his hundreds. ;x

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I noticed you guys have a xat chat (http://xat.com/PeachBoards). I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Who is the main owner by the way?
I'm the owner of that chat - though it's slightly dead.

Most of the Peaches moved here: http://peach.forumotion.net/portal.htm

The chatbox was removed though. :ohwell:

I'll follow the steps for the PeaChat, good idea.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I have a new question that's been troubling me for a bit.

What's the best way to set up for an ftilt? :confused:

Top Bottom