• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
I just spent the last 2 hours reading pages 1 through 38, and it amazes me how many people post without previously reading any of the replies. So many questions have been answered that people keep asking - it blows my mind.

One question I have which is not among any I read on this thread :

How would other peach users handle an extremely campy Kirby user ? The pr1ck floats around stalling and only comes at me when I go aggressive, I could almost sit and kill 8 minutes of a match against this kirby user because of how he fights my peach. It rather irritates me, and I have a difficult time approaching him because he keeps higher ground than me most of the time. Usually up and away, where I can't throw turnips diagonally. Few times I can surprise him with a quick glide toss, but then he'll often just ground pound, deflect it, then continue running away.

MY first idea was to punch the guy in his junk so he can't play thus I win, but somehow that's not a great option.

Also wanted to know about free turnip pulls a bit. I have a really hard time not peach bombing when I try, usually leaves me pretty vulnerable. Is turnip free pulls worth risking an accidental peach bomber? I use my c-stick for most of my aerials so it would be tough for me to switch to being a b-stick using peach.

Thanks guys - great threads, great videos, great responses, great peaches. You're all part of my peach family now :p

I'm Skrem btw, I've mained peach for a year and a few months on melee and brawl now :)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I have some questions regarding Brawl+.

1) How much does more hitstun benefit her?

2) What buffs/nerfs has she received? I heard that DSmash has been improved. Is that true? Have they given her air dodge more invincibility frames? Are there any other move changes to be aware of?
You'll get more attention in Smash Workshop, there's a Peach thread too

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
glide toss upwards + utilt/uair

oh, and count that douchebag's jumps so u can punish the landing w/ a glide toss

and...
http://allisbrawl.com/video/album.aspx?id=10791 <--- loool

edit: u actually spent 2 hours reading all this...? XD

Certainly did. I'm not the type of person to ever disregard another persons experiences, beit using peach or against peach. It's important to play a very solid game, and make as few mistakes against your enemies as possible. Smashbrothers is not forgiving, and I'll be dammed if I think I know it all then get ruined by the falcon pawnch.
Thanks for the advice btw, those videos might help me a little bit - but it doesn't appear that kirby is an easy matchup.... how many puffs does he get? I've never counted before :)

Edit: Also curious to know what the public opinion is about peachs d-tilt ?? I sort of found the hitbox that makes it spike if someone is holding a ledge, ive tested it a little bit and im not too successful but i'd say 1/5 the time I can successfully spike a gimp on a middle weight cpu. Had I a friend that played smash that could help me further test it, I'd love to see how human response can affect the success rate of the spike, it really kicks a$$ when it hits. I found it actually a good tactic for edgeguarding, glide-toss up and d-tilt the edge, its range helps keep them off the edge a bit too if you time it before the invincibility frames.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
if you sweetspot it correctly..... i think so. Except that robs best killing move is his upa and neutral air, which sort of messes peach up if she lets him get under her.
of course, theres lots of possibilities, and I don't know robs moveset as well as others, so your best bet would be read about peach/rob matchups.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
Uggh... Ok, I'm having problem with momentum cancelling.

As soon as I'm knocked way into the air (when I'm in a reasonably high percent) I automatically fair or dair, even though I know I'm supposed to uair, but I just can't help even when I'm thinking to myself to uair. Any tips on getting rid of this habit?...

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Moocowalex: Everytime you get knocked away, take your thumb and flick up on the C-Stick. During the match, keep that thought on your mind. Your reaction might start out slow with it, but you're breaking a bad habit. Keep at it and it should start working.

Can peach use toad to break similar to how G&W uses the bucket?

hiROI

Smash Lord
Moocowalex: Do what East said.

East: Toad comes out too slow I believe. I do uair >> second jump/float,. Deletes a lot of momentum

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Float? Floating adds a ton of pushback, similar to using a b move like Bomber or Parasol. Not a great idea.

Toad has no braking properties unfortunately.

Moocowalex, proper momentum canceling only comes with experience. I had the same problem, but just focus on it (even after you fail and die, make a note to do it properly next time). Remind yourself all the time.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Really?

I survived a lot of things with uair to float.
I thought it cut down a little since she is stationary in the air

East

Crappy Imitation
Float? Floating adds a ton of pushback, similar to using a b move like Bomber or Parasol. Not a great idea.
Is this because all of the momentum is concentrated directly toward the blast zone [aka shortest route to doom]?

Toad has no braking properties unfortunately.
Can someone please fire Sakurai, or tell him to go a fiddle with his Kirby games, and get Capcom to make the next Smash?

East

Crappy Imitation
Is there some sort of analysis on Peach's turnips that explains the things like the damages of each of the turnips and the things that affect the amount of damage on a turnip that is thrown?

Oh, Xyless. Your avatar is quite legit.

Skrem

Smash Apprentice
spot dodge or air dodge? because you can't air dodge on the ground, it has a function that lifts you off the ground to air dodge.
spot dodging is much faster than rolling to avoid a hit, if thats what you're referring to.

if thats the case, and you find they spot dodge lots, it helps to use lots and lots of turnips :p

White-Peach

Smash Ace
normally i try to hit them with UAir when I'm beneath them, but they can airdodge.

Fastfall NAir always does the trick because UAir ends quickly and NAir comes out fast and stays out forever :D

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Like lets say someone is in the air and then they airdodge on the ground and then use some quick attack?
Nair Nair NAIR

Seriously, do a ground Floting Nair, chase them and use the Nair just as they're about the hit the ground. You should hit them with a strongish part and it'll get them every single time if they airdodge. I do this all the time and it works wonders against people who like to do it to try and punish a potential whiffed attack

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
How can you be unpredictable with Fair?
Make sure to only use it when necessary. For instance, auto-cancelled Fairs are oftn used to space or approach, right? As Dark Pch once said, mixing up Nair and Bair in those situations can help out a lot. Though Fair is predictable by nature tbh.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
On Brinstar, do we have any tricks for the barrel things in the middle?

And when would it/wouldn't it be profitable to split the stage? (Against aerial characters, when at kill percents, etc. situations like that)

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I thought about posting this in the matchup thread and decided against it.

Which low tier has the best chance of beating peach?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I thought about posting this in the matchup thread and decided against it.

Which low tier has the best chance of beating peach?
Bowser, Ness, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Samus all have slight disadvantage to even matchups. No low tiers have an advantage.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Ok, so, I ALWAYS auto-cancel fair and bair by mimicing the melee float cancel. For example, I never shorthop>fair>autocancel, instead, i instant float>fair>release float> autocancel.

I am in the habit only canceling those moves like a float cancel. Did any peaches that changed from melee used to have the same problem? Its just bair and fair for some reason. I really dont play but twice a month, and that is at tournaments, so I cant really practice on people, but I still want to overcome this before my next tourny.

A video of me playing - - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4LfRSs9qHo

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Has anyone ever tried Dthrow > Peach Bomber?
I've been using it lately, and it seems to work a lot around 60% lower depending on the character.
Hmm... that sounds very risky. If the opponent spotdodges or double jumps, you get punished massively. And it only does 1% more damage than Dthrow > Bair. Then again, at low percents, Peach Bomber can lead to Fair. It might make a good surprise tactic.

Top Bottom