• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Xyless

Smash Master
It's a lot harder to auto-cancel, and her lack of kill moves makes punishing a lot less painful on WiFi. Also, at least a somewhat big deal to me, it's ridiculously hard to time the CGs with WiFi :(

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
WiFi nerfs just about any character's potential, since the timing can be so strict, and buffering attacks and grabs doesn't work nearly as well. Peach doesn't suffer as badly as some characters, but WiFi does hurt her, nonetheless.

But it's WiFi, it's something you just need to practice to get the timing of.
Offline is much, much better, but we've gotta deal with Nintendo's terribad WiFi server.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
If you're experiencing enough lag to adversely affect how you play, then either you or your opponent has a crappy connection.

Just saying...

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that a ton of the other boards have Peach's matchups listed as lower than what we list them as?

e.g. They see Falco as 45:55; this board says 50:50. They see Lucario as 40:60; this board says 45:55 mostly...

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, it's like that on a LOT of boards for different characters. Usually just because they haven't rewritten their match-ups or discussed the character recently.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
If you're experiencing enough lag to adversely affect how you play, then either you or your opponent has a crappy connection.

Just saying...

P.S. Has anyone else noticed that a ton of the other boards have Peach's matchups listed as lower than what we list them as?

e.g. They see Falco as 45:55; this board says 50:50. They see Lucario as 40:60; this board says 45:55 mostly...
the falco thing is mostly dark pch.

the lucario thing...idk i think it's 55:$5 but just really frustrating to play because u haaaaaave to let lucario live really long but it's all good if we kill him b4 he kills us.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
mountain, if its based off the match up thread ratios then some of them are wrong or out of date. I haven't updated it for quite a while since a) I have other things I need to do with my time and b) we never really reach a proper conclusion in the rediscussion threads so its very difficult for me to tell what the correct ratio is since I don't want to put any bias into writing the match ups

Peach is a funny character anyway :p

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
It's a lot harder to auto-cancel, and her lack of kill moves makes punishing a lot less painful on WiFi. Also, at least a somewhat big deal to me, it's ridiculously hard to time the CGs with WiFi :(
Just need to adjust to the lag.

WiFi nerfs just about any character's potential, since the timing can be so strict, and buffering attacks and grabs doesn't work nearly as well. Peach doesn't suffer as badly as some characters, but WiFi does hurt her, nonetheless.

But it's WiFi, it's something you just need to practice to get the timing of.
Offline is much, much better, but we've gotta deal with Nintendo's terribad WiFi server.
I am aware that WiFi is bad for all the characters. :p

True that and offline is much better. :v Thanks for answering my question though.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
So I'm not a big fan of B-Sticking because I love my C-Stick so much... but I have a few questions.

How do you B-Stick without the C-Stick?

What exactly is Bone-Walking? And how do you do it? Can you use the C-Stick to Bone-Walk?

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not a big fan of B-Sticking because I love my C-Stick so much... but I have a few questions.

How do you B-Stick without the C-Stick?

What exactly is Bone-Walking? And how do you do it? Can you use the C-Stick to Bone-Walk?

Bone-Walking= Free Turnip Pulling
People just like to use the term Bone-Walking instead of Free Turnip Pulling since you can do it without the B-stick. :v You use your control stick and Bdown instead of B-sticking thus the C-stick isn't needed.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250686 <- How to do the fox trot Free Turnip Pull.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcY4nag57cQ <- Fox trot Free Turnip Pull

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1r8EGVLwbI <- Alternate turn around method but not very useful IMO.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Bone-Walking= Free Turnip Pulling
NO YOU HAVE THE TERMS WRONG :mad:

There's three types of movement while pulling a turnip (regardless of control scheme):

- a small turn-around pull
- a longer dash pull involving a fox trot
- canceling the pull animation by falling off a ledge

The small pull is Free Pulling.

The longer pull is called a Dash Pull. Dash Pulling without a b-stick is Bone Walking.

Ledge canceling is ledge canceling.

:mad::mad::mad:

Metatitan

Smash Master
If you want the slide from pulling a turnip then learn bonewalking, b sticking isn't worth it because it makes glidetosses and ledgegame far more difficult than it needs to be COUGH

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
NO YOU HAVE THE TERMS WRONG :mad:

There's three types of movement while pulling a turnip (regardless of control scheme):

- a small turn-around pull
- a longer dash pull involving a fox trot
- canceling the pull animation by falling off a ledge

The small pull is Free Pulling.

The longer pull is called a Dash Pull. Dash Pulling without a b-stick is Bone Walking.

Ledge canceling is ledge canceling.

:mad::mad::mad:
Thanks for the corrections then. ^.^ I always though pulling a turnip off a ledge was called Turnip Canceling. :v

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Is there actually any benefit of B Sticking with Peach anymore?

All three things mentioned above can be done without needing to B Stick. Ok so Bone Walking can be a pain to pull off consistantly sometimes and the free pull is an absolute ***** to do without the B Stick but...in an ideal world, doesn't it mean that B Sticking is...well...

I'm sorry Meno :( Please don't hate me :crying:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I am trying to do the buffered float/fastfall but I am having trouble doing it. Can someone explain how to do it?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
First time I seen that.

You have to Flat and as soon as you do it, let go of it and fast fall as quick as you can.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Is there actually any benefit of B Sticking with Peach anymore?

All three things mentioned above can be done without needing to B Stick. Ok so Bone Walking can be a pain to pull off consistantly sometimes and the free pull is an absolute ***** to do without the B Stick but...in an ideal world, doesn't it mean that B Sticking is...well...

I'm sorry Meno :( Please don't hate me :crying:
Overall, the main thing is that it's easier. It's a tradeoff; you guys pull off glidetosses with a flick, I pull off free pulls. I see it as equally as useful, if not more so.

As soon as I learn my glidetosses (which aren't hard), I'll be on the exact same level as you guys. How is it an outdated method when we have all the same tricks? It's just... different.

Plus, I have super camping. :D :D :D

00:55: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOOJGny3qRs
(Ignore the fact I fail and fall under the stage)

Moozle

Smash Champion
I tried out B-sticking Peach for 5 matches and it was so different. I think I might like it with a bit of practice :p Also, it took me like 3 minutes to figure out what was so weird about that video you posted. No music. It was like being a vacuum.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's mainly the hindered spacing that worries be about B Sticking. Without the C Stick, there's a higher chance of error when performing aerials (e.g. perform the wrong one or perform something else by accident) and there's also a larger chance you'll mis space/something won't be as good spaced as it could have been

Don't get me wrong it make the techs so much easier but...I still question whether its worth it when they can ultimately be performed without the B Stick and whether sacrifcing C Stick spacing is also better. You also can't SDI when B Sticking (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong). No instant smashes either, again slight chance of error...and tripping if you accidently move forward on the F Smash slightly lol. Can you stutter step your F Smashes backward if you B Stick btw?

Metatitan

Smash Master
The thing is people will always make mistakes; I'd rather mess up a bone walk than mess up a glide toss. Glidetossing is pretty important as an OoS option, I don't see why you wouldn't use c stick.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It's mainly the hindered spacing that worries be about B Sticking. Without the C Stick, there's a higher chance of error when performing aerials (e.g. perform the wrong one or perform something else by accident) and there's also a larger chance you'll mis space/something won't be as good spaced as it could have been

Don't get me wrong it make the techs so much easier but...I still question whether its worth it when they can ultimately be performed without the B Stick and whether sacrifcing C Stick spacing is also better. You also can't SDI when B Sticking (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong). No instant smashes either, again slight chance of error...and tripping if you accidently move forward on the F Smash slightly lol. Can you stutter step your F Smashes backward if you B Stick btw?
I was experimenting with bsticking as Jigglypuff awhile ago, and Veril told me that instead of a bstick, setting a button you don't use (Like R or X) to special can turn your cstick into a bstick. If you hold down R, you can use the cstick and it will act like a bstick.

I don't know if this helps your situation with c-stick vs. b-stick but it helped a lot with my Jigglypuff playing.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I was experimenting with bsticking as Jigglypuff awhile ago, and Veril told me that instead of a bstick, setting a button you don't use (Like R or X) to special can turn your cstick into a bstick. If you hold down R, you can use the cstick and it will act like a bstick.

This... works? If it does, well, pfft, screw b-stick.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord

This... works? If it does, well, pfft, screw b-stick.
Yeah it works :D. It's a little rough at first at least on Jigglypuff because you need to pull out a random pound, but it would be easy for a Peach to just pluck a turnip.

Of course when you go to tournaments it's a pain to change controls but it's probably worth it for all those delicious b-stick techs.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wait, lawl, it's probably just the same thing Niko and Edreeses came up with.

Aww, I thought it was a c-stick that changed to bstick completly, but no, it's just the cstick accepting special commands. :p

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Wait, lawl, it's probably just the same thing Niko and Edreeses came up with.

Aww, I thought it was a c-stick that changed to bstick completly, but no, it's just the cstick accepting special commands. :p
But you can do both b-stick and c-stick. You can hold down b during an fair or a dair, and keep holding it and use your stick like a bstick. You can do a sliding turnip pull then glide toss the turnip up (Sorry if I got the tech name wrong).

I think having R or something as special is something you should try out. Unless you already have, since Nike and Edreeses already came up with.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have you know, that spacing with Peach is seriously important. Anb B-sticking and the likes are gonna kill that for you.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
It doesn't work like that. You still have to have the timing down with the Special and the C-Stick pressed about the same time. You can't just hold Special and make the C-Stick into a B-Stick

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

I have you know, that spacing with Peach is seriously important. Anb B-sticking and the likes are gonna kill that for you.
You make it sound like it's impossible to space without a cstick. Seriously, I've never had problems with my simple A button.

I can kinda flip this over.

It's mainly the hindered spacing that worries be about C Sticking. Without the B Stick, there's a higher chance of error when performing free pulls (e.g. perform the wrong one or perform something else by accident) and there's also a larger chance you'll mis space/something won't be as good spaced as it could have been

Don't get me wrong it make the aerials so much easier but...I still question whether its worth it when they can ultimately be performed without the C Stick and whether sacrifcing B Stick spacing is also better. You also can't SDI when B Sticking (I think? Correct me if I'm wrong). No instant smashes either, again slight chance of error...and tripping if you accidently move forward on the F Smash slightly lol. Can you stutter step your F Smashes backward if you B Stick btw?
The last couple points are legitimate though. SDI is kindava loss, but is it really that important? I dunno about the stutter stepping though - I haven't gotten around to doing it. Seems very possible though.

The thing is people will always make mistakes; I'd rather mess up a bone walk than mess up a glide toss. Glidetossing is pretty important as an OoS option, I don't see why you wouldn't use c stick.
I can do glidetossing - pretty easily too. I just haven't committed it to muscle memory yet. It's not really an issue.

And I'd totally choose to mess up a glidetoss over a bonewalk. Not sliding when throwing a turnip versus an inadvertent Peach Bomber?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Well, I mean the extra cstick SDI boost, I think one can get by with normal SDI pretty okay.

Top Bottom