• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peach Q & A Thread

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Hey fellow smexy Peach mainers, I recently got back into Brawl (after 4-5 months of a break and casual play). I'm going to my next tourney in 2 weeks? Since I ASSUME I've gotten rustier, is there anything I should try to practice specifically (something maybe that you find yourself getting worse at if you haven't played Peach in a few weeks or so) to improve for the tourney?

I already looked into some friendlies at my university that I'm gonna attend to get some fresh experience :D.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hey fellow smexy Peach mainers, I recently got back into Brawl (after 4-5 months of a break and casual play). I'm going to my next tourney in 2 weeks? Since I ASSUME I've gotten rustier, is there anything I should try to practice specifically (something maybe that you find yourself getting worse at if you haven't played Peach in a few weeks or so) to improve for the tourney?

I already looked into some friendlies at my university that I'm gonna attend to get some fresh experience :D.
My Peach guide should help with this.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Kirby can't grab it backwards during his Up + B as well

It was probably some stupid thing to nerf her or something because Sakurai is sexist she was top tier in Melee
I thought kirby was able to grab backwards with his Up-B. I got to go over it again.

Anyways though, just figured out my question was flawed since characters such as Snake also cannot grab ledge backward while using Up-B without canceling it. Was fairly obvious too, especially about Dedede too. Thanks for input though.

Edit: Just tested and Kirby can't grab backwards with Up-B. Thanks for correction.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I think Peach functions best in teams as a support character. Thus, she works well with the heavies that get in trouble; Dedede, Snake, etc.

She additionally works well with characters that kill low, i.e. G&W.

Xyless

Smash Master
I think Peach functions best in teams as a support character. Thus, she works well with the heavies that get in trouble; Dedede, Snake, etc.

Everyone works well with G&W.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight

Praxis is right about this one. Wolf is one of our best buddies also. We rack up damage and they sweep the floors and serve pizza(downsmash and forwardsmash respectively) We can keep each other alive off stage as well by recovering into each other.
That was our (Asaph and myself) saving grace in teams, and for some reason always wowed the crowd.

Question: Does anyone know what our Japanese Peaches are up to?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
So guys, whats the best way to record Brawl matches? Or rather, how do you record matches and then upload them onto Youtube?

I don't want to hack my Wii and my matches always last longer than 3 minutes (especially when fighting Wario and Sonic rofl) so I'm curious as to what is the best way for my to capture playing against people

My videos would be vs online opponents but I may get lucky and get some offline matches as well, although the online matches would have significantly better opponents in them. I really want to get some more videos up so my Peach can be harshly critiqued :)

Any digital recording device. Once it has been recording, connect the video to your computer and save the file. After that you should be able to upload it to youtube if it is in the correct format. If not, you will have to convert the video file into one compatiable with youtube.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Question: Does anyone know what our Japanese Peaches are up to?
This is a really fantastic question. I love watching vids of Leon and Excel. Secluded and distant Peaches can show you some super wacky stuff you wouldn't always see here in the states.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTZqsBQPVNw

The way this dude plays is so good. The mindgames and all that. And he uses my Color. My long lost brother?

Only thing was when TL was at one stock and was camping, he started to get a lil aggressive, And was getting beat up for it.

WHITE(peach) Vs. Kuroan(snake) 1?SSBB

WHITE(peach) Vs. Kuroan(snake) 2?SSBB

Cross(Sheik) Vs. Kohaku(Peach)?SSBB

Uhh......Did that Snake understand that he was.....I dunno,SNAKE? Where were the moves?

either way thx Drk. I'm gonna move to japan to place higher in tournies xD America is too difficult LOL

Metatitan

Smash Master
*Sigh*... Japanese peaches. They're way too gimmicky and while they have a lot of cool mindgames, that's all they are... mindgames. They'd rather do something that might not be the best option for their situation only for the sake of using a move they haven't used yet. Id rather see them spacing and playing smart than simply being a floating hitbox of random attacks =/

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Thats probably only Marths and Ikes because they do a fixed amount of knockback/damage depending on what move they're countering

With Toad, no matter what move hits it (unless its a grab), it releases spores. I imagine it does get stale but if you're using it to the point of it getting stale your opponent must be tragically bad lol

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'm pretty sure Toad stales. On a similar note, all three weapons of FSmash stale together, which is a shame.

Metatitan

Smash Master
It looks cool but the only reason I would see any use for the flap would be for crouch canceling, unless you actually move faster than running and get grab releases as a result.

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
I was thinking to myself why does Kohaku enjoy getting grabbed? Came to the conclusion japan doesn't enjoy slapping

White-Peach

Smash Ace
It looks cool but the only reason I would see any use for the flap would be for crouch canceling, unless you actually move faster than running and get grab releases as a result.
its the fastest way to turn around and do a grounded attack out of a run (not using dash pivots, it is mid-run)

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Question on bonewalking (or whatever the name may be).
From what I understand, you dash, buffer a turnip, then just hit forward after you begin to turnip pull, somehow resulting in a slide. From the post(s) I read it sounded like the "easiest" way to do it was forward, down-b, forward, with returning the joystick to the center.

I don't really have time to test it more now so I'm asking here buuut... I think it's easier if I press forward, roll the joystick down and hit b (not too quick, otherwise it doesn't buffer I think), then return it to neutral and hit forward again.

I could get it a few times in a row with this method, but never heard/read it anywhere. I was kinda under the impression it wouldn't work like that. If you roll it too quick it results in a duck rather than a turnip though (I think).

Not sure wtf my question is but what does anyone think?

Feel free to shoot me down or slap me in the face. I won't be offended, and aware I'm terrible :D

Also... Hi peach boards

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
At low percentages are there any combos you can start after landing a dtilt/ftilt/jab?

Why dont I see drk.pch doing dair -> whatever float combos instead he just lands, are they not true combos (sdi aside).

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
At low percentages are there any combos you can start after landing a dtilt/ftilt/jab?

Why dont I see drk.pch doing dair -> whatever float combos instead he just lands, are they not true combos (sdi aside).
D-tilt->D-tilt->fair works pretty well. and D-tilt->fowardsmash is a nice one as well

EDIT: As far as DP not doing float combos it's probably because you can get a free rising dair-> to float combo or even SHFF Uair ->Upsmash.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Cause they are too generic. People see it all the time and if they see me floating, they will expect this or Fair. So I just land or short hop my Dairs to other stuff. Makes my pressure game alot harder to deal with.

Xyless

Smash Master
Also, floating dair combos don't work against people who SDI. It's why a lot of Peaches nowadays don't float dairs as much anymore.

Top Bottom