• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Right, and I wasn't the person who said that.

Go look at the Diddy thread, I think the one Vyse made; they are currently discussing how to develop Diddy so he does as well against MK on stages with platforms as he does on FD. Due to Z-grabbing, they are excited and think it's possible, but it's still theory and under community investigation.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Diddy players are gonna **** a brick when MK players learn he can z-grab the nana and do

1. Z drop to dair that picks up the nana, wrecking Diddy's shield and hitting him with both if he doesn't

and

2. Glide toss across FD to d-smash combo

Regardless, if Diddy has a nana in his hand, just dash attack him. If he shields, jump and dair.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Diddy players are gonna **** a brick when MK players learn he can z-grab the nana and do

1. Z drop to dair that picks up the nana, wrecking Diddy's shield and hitting him with both if he doesn't

and

Regardless, if Diddy has a nana in his hand, just dash attack him. If he shields, jump and dair.
number one is really mean too...

@pastaboy, he IS one of them...

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

and

i fought those. Doesnt help much. I actually like when they take my bananas.

Anther

Smash Champion
wtf why would you call a banana a "nana" as opposed to a Naner or Banana when we're smash bros players >_<.

Kinda like people calling toon link Tink. *sigh* t.t

If you support Banning MK, you support the butchering of the language we smashers use.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
wtf why would you call a banana a "nana" as opposed to a Naner or Banana when we're smash bros players >_<.

Kinda like people calling toon link Tink. *sigh* t.t

If you support Banning MK, you support the butchering of the language we smashers use.
says the guy who comes up with a pet name for just about everyone...

and i love tink, dont bash on him
and yes, suckosaurus does roll off the tongue quite well...
...yes, quite well indeed

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Its beginning to happen. I saw a tourney on AIB today that was banning MK....

Still waiting for a large tourney to do this....

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aren't you the one saying that using MK in grand finals doesn't count though? Ignorance ftl.
If you talking about Azen, Azen used, what, 6 characters and in the grand finals he did better as Lucario than as Meta Knight.

Has anyone thought of giving any MK in a non-ditto match a set % handicap?
Yes, we ridiculed it then and we'll ridicule it now.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
No Yuna I'm talking about jesiah. Iuni said that he switched to MK during the grand finals when he was stage counter picked. Then he said this doesn't count because the stage sucks.

edit: Then he said awesome logic right there this really calls for a ban when I was really just asking for MK getting credit for the win not a ban.

edit2: From my experience azen switched to MK in losers not grand just to clear things up. Of course that was in hobo Idk what he did after that.
Has anyone thought of giving any MK in a non-ditto match a set % handicap?
We need a version 3 of this at least to list common arguments. I'm sure everyone can agree on that right? because right now I doubt either side will give up so a lock isn't really an option.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
You mean like HOBO 12?

Yea baby November 8th....The big tourney I was waitin on.

Too bad it hasn't happened. (Wishing I could see results)

I will be very interested in the results. The first ever HUGE MK banned tourney.

Will a few mid or even *gasp* low tiers become viable counter picks in an unexplored meta game?

We will just have to see.....

Falconv1.0

Smash Master

I will be very interested in the results. The first ever HUGE MK banned tourney.

Will a few mid or even *gasp* low tiers become viable counter picks in an unexplored meta game?

Thinking that removing MK will make garbage characters viable is absolutely ****ing ********.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If you talking about Azen, Azen used, what, 6 characters and in the grand finals he did better as Lucario than as Meta Knight.

Yes, we ridiculed it then and we'll ridicule it now.
God****it Yuna, I have to be notified when it's time to point and laugh at people.

EDIT: About HOBO 11 since I was there and all. The finals don't count for anything since it was entirely just Azen and M2K ******* around. M2K even IDCed across the stage once. If those matches were serious, M2K would have to be DQed. He also went out of his way to pop the balloon on Smashville with Meta's downb. I don't think we can really use "Azen used Meta in the finals, cause he's broken" thing here since obviously they were just goofing off.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Thinking that removing MK will make garbage characters viable is absolutely ****ing ********.
if a certain somebody (not me) shows up to this, i will call for a sonic in the top 8 for this one

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
God****it Yuna, I have to be notified when it's time to point and laugh at people.

EDIT: About HOBO 11 since I was there and all. The finals don't count for anything since it was entirely just Azen and M2K ******* around. M2K even IDCed across the stage once. If those matches were serious, M2K would have to be DQed. He also went out of his way to pop the balloon on Smashville with Meta's downb. I don't think we can really use "Azen used Meta in the finals, cause he's broken" thing here since obviously they were just goofing off.
No, besides the first goofing off match, the rest were played for real. Azen also said that he tries, and I was trying too. The first match IDC was the only exception.

I --- ALWAYS --- go out of my way to pop the balloon, since the very early days of brawl in tourney matches.

I told Azen to use MK to see how he would do comparatively. Azen doesn't sandbag, you can ask him yourself. The reason he used MK is because first match I told him to, 2nd match I picked a gay stage where he would stay MK. The rest of the matches he went Lucario, since his Lucario does much better. His Lucario does better on almost every MK except Lee than his MK does, despite the fact that he arguably has the 2nd best MK in the world.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

In case anyone forgot, I used Lucario/Ike/Peach/Marth/Diddy/DDD/Metaknight at that one tourney. And usually 3+ chars in every tourney I go. I would've did much worse if I didn't use any of them. So useful and fun to have multiple chars! I didn't sandbag against M2K, I always want to beat him but he's too good as usual lolz; my only chance is neutrals with Lucario.

Is MK still being argued? lolllz infinite ****z. Just let TOs do whatever they want!

Ace55

Smash Lord
one time I had a tourney match against atomsk, MK vs DDD on smashville, and I beat him in balloon pops ELEVEN TO THREE

that's right, 11 to ****ING 3.

See this is what I mean. Other characters just don't stand a chance against MK when it comes to balloon popping.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Pah, everyone needs to learn that you can point your shield in smash, learn how and why it counters the tornado, not approach when metaknight is charging forward smash unless you already have an attack on the way, shield when metaknight is recovering, learn his arc and that most chars can airdodge past it if you want to edgeguard him and make a spacing mistake... Mmm, shield downsmash, don't jump to escape, either walk forward and shield grab the next one or wait for the spot dodge and tilt... and then metaknight becomes even for a lot of characters.
Basic Anti-Scrubby Meta strats right here. Good ****.

And yes Inui, Norfair is GAY. I have nightmares about fighting Pikachu on Norfair. *Shudders*

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Norfair definitely needs to be banned. It is way too based on running away, knowing the stage, and abuse of some stupid B-type-of-move. Corneria should be banned too, and Port Town. There are plenty of ******** stages I don't know why they are legal. Counterpicking shouldn't be that extreme, it should just set a stage preference for the most part with SMALL advantages given, not changing the entire strategy you need to fight people with luck or how-gay-you-feel-like-being also being a much larger factor than it should be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom