• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Pink ddd= Unbeatable....no one can **** with that pink ball of happiness....he's got a hammer XD

Master Raven

Smash Master
I hate that the awesome Golden Sun Medley has to be put on a ****ing gay stage like Norfair. It should've been on FD.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Picking MK once in grand finals because someone picks a stupid needs-to-be-banned stage like Nofair = meaningless.
Things don't work like that. He used him and in the grand finals that makes it count end of story. If he didn't want MK getting credit for it then he should have sticked with snake.

This isn't a stage legality discussion. If a stage was allowed in a tournament match it counts.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
bad argument. Many stages should already be banned, they just aren't because people are stupid with agreeing to rules. I think many Melee counterpicks should be banned too. They make Fox and Puff too dominant with such counterpicks existing.
Its not an argument its fact. You use MK in a tournament it counts.

Plus if you don't agree with the stages that are on there you should just not join the tournament. If you want to get the stages banned get off this thread and go argue in the stage legality discussion.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Counterpicking shouldn't be that extreme, it should just set a stage preference for the most part with SMALL advantages given, not changing the entire strategy you need to fight people with luck or how-gay-you-feel-like-being also being a much larger factor than it should be
Yeah I'm surprised tourneys in the USA use so many stages. What we use in the Netherlands is:

Neutral (Random Select)
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island

Counter stages
• Brinstar
• Castle Siege
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Halberd
• Lylat Cruise
• Pokemon Stadium 1

And I've seen less liberal.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Its not an argument its fact. You use MK in a tournament it counts.

Plus if you don't agree with the stages that are on there you should just not join the tournament. If you want to get the stages banned get off this thread and go argue in the stage legality discussion.
M2K, use C. Falcon once a tourney, that way his ranking will go up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
But switching to MK in order to win a tourney, even if just for a counterpick in a couple of matches, can be used as another point to prove that he's needed to be successful. =(
No. It just shows that he's the easiest way to be successful

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
But switching to MK in order to win a tourney, even if just for a counterpick in a couple of matches, can be used as another point to prove that he's needed to be successful. =(
It just proves he's easier to win with. He is not needed to win, people just pick MK because they want to win. If they would have been better with their own character, this wasn't even "needed". And even if this person picks MK, you should be able to beat this MK if MK is not his/her main.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
It just proves he's easier to win with. He is not needed to win, people just pick MK because they want to win. If they would have been better with their own character, this wasn't even "needed". And even if this person picks MK, you should be able to beat this MK if MK is not his/her main.
MK doesn't have to be your main for you to be good with him. =P And it shows that when they have their backs against the wall people will always start to switch to the one that gives them by far the best chance, in this camp's opinion an unfair advantage, to win. If it worked in that one match, what's to stop that person from using MK in every match in the next tourney. Soon everyone is using MK b/c it's SO easy and you don't need any other character.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yeah I'm surprised tourneys in the USA use so many stages. What we use in the Netherlands is:

Neutral (Random Select)
• Battlefield
• Final Destination
• Smashville
• Yoshi's Island

Counter stages
• Brinstar
• Castle Siege
• Delfino Plaza
• Frigate Orpheon
• Halberd
• Lylat Cruise
• Pokemon Stadium 1

And I've seen less liberal.
No Green Greens? Next time I'm in the Netherlands I'm going to personally slap you all.

Unless you feed me more patat oorlog. <3 Dank u wel!

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Metakarp should be banned, he splashes all over the competition and does not allow the metagame to evolve.
Karp Karp Karp.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'll ban it.

NO STAGE PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN GREEN GREENS. I'm willing to risk playing on another real ****ing gay stage just to avoid playing there :mad:

Master Raven

Smash Master
I hate the stupid bomb hazards and the few times I've played there I got gayed beyond anything I could ever possibly imagine in any Brawl fight ever. >_>

salaboB

Smash Champion
That can be said for any characer.
Cping DDD against DK is the ame as CPing MK against Sonic.

Just because its done once doesn't mean much.
Yeah, but people are also CPing MK against MK, not just against someone he is a hard counter for.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
M2K, use C. Falcon once a tourney, that way his ranking will go up.
quoted from ankokus tourney thread

On that note, PLEASE ONLY PROVIDE MAINS. I don't care if you randomly picked Captain Falcon for a random game in your first round if you spent the rest of the tournament as Meta Knight.
It's not November 1 yet. Sorry.
this shows that if M2K went CF for a round, he still wouldnt get any points because most likely it would be a joke round and he would only do it against some body that he knew he would 3 stock the next 2 rounds with anyway.

jesiah for the most part goes through tourneys as snake but in just about every tourney, he goes MK for 1-2 matches in winner's finals and 1-2 times in grand finals. heck, the tourney before last, he got the winning match by playing MK and timing out against a pikachu. not to mention that he ran off stage and tornado stalled for the last 5 secs of the game.

in this situation, MK deserves some of the points because theres a good chance that he wouldnt have won the match otherwise and he picked Mk because he wanted to win.

do you all see the difference?

TOURNEY RANKINGS COME BACK TOMARROW, WHOOOOO!!!

Yeah, but people are also CPing MK against MK, not just against someone he is a hard counter for.
this kid is too good, i swear...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Things don't work like that. He used him and in the grand finals that makes it count end of story. If he didn't want MK getting credit for it then he should have sticked with snake.

This isn't a stage legality discussion. If a stage was allowed in a tournament match it counts.
LOL you're an idiot.

PICKING MK ONE OR TWO MATCHES IN THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT ON A STUPID MEANINGLESS STAGE DOESN'T MEAN THAT MK DESERVES THE SAME EXACT AMOUNT OF CREDIT AS JESIAH'S SNAKE THAT WON EVERYTHING ELSE.

You're just saying it should to further your own terrible argument to ban MK.

What Jesiah did/does is no different than when 99% of all Melee players had a pocket Fox to bust out when people went to Poke Floats.

salaboB

Smash Champion
LOL you're an idiot.

PICKING MK ONE OR TWO MATCHES IN THE ENTIRE TOURNAMENT ON A STUPID MEANINGLESS STAGE DOESN'T MEAN THAT MK DESERVES THE SAME EXACT AMOUNT OF CREDIT AS JESIAH'S SNAKE THAT WON EVERYTHING ELSE.

You're just saying it should to further your own terrible argument to ban MK.

What Jesiah did/does is no different than when 99% of all Melee players had a pocket Fox to bust out when people went to Poke Floats.
If it's during the final rounds against the best opponent and he would have lost the set...MK deserves a fair bit of credit.

Or is MK the only one who performs well on those stages? Why did Jesiah turn straight to him rather than a different character that could have done fine?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Jesse probably prefers MK over other characters good at Nofair. Marth is decent there, but he probably doesn't use Marth as much and/or he feels safer with MK because MK's ledgecamping is better. Olimar is good there, but I know I find Olimar really boring due to the camping he has to do, so I understand why Jesse didn't pick Olimar.

Why did people use Fox on Poke Floats? He was the best character there, just like MK is the best on Nofair. Other characters were good there...but not to the same level.

ProBrawler

Smash Lord
Westchester, NY ; Cornell University in the school
how does marth and zelda and poke trainer do on that stage anyway?
those are the other characters he plays btw
I can only comment on Marth and Zelda. From my experiences with Marth as a secondary, he fares quite well on Norfair because of his aerials and maneuverability. Zelda not so much because of her predictable and fragile recovery and sub-par maneuverability. Also approaching from the top w/ Zelda is heck. Impossible, no, but it does put her at a disadvantage. I could get into her situation more, but these quick thoughts will suffice.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jesse probably prefers MK over other characters good at Nofair. Marth is decent there, but he probably doesn't use Marth as much and/or he feels safer with MK because MK's ledgecamping is better. Olimar is good there, but I know I find Olimar really boring due to the camping he has to do, so I understand why Jesse didn't pick Olimar.

Why did people use Fox on Poke Floats? He was the best character there, just like MK is the best on Nofair. Other characters were good there...but not to the same level.
is Mk really the best on norfair? cus if he isnt your last paragraph is moot. and if he is, hes the best on everystage anyway, so jesse might as well play Mk on every stage, which is what those of us for the ban are afraid of... not to mention the fact that Mks ledgecamping is better than everyone's on every stage...
I can only comment on Marth and Zelda. From my experiences with Marth as a secondary, he fares quite well on Norfair because of his aerials and maneuverability. Zelda not so much because of her predictable and fragile recovery and sub-par maneuverability. Also approaching from the top w/ Zelda is heck. Impossible, no, but it does put her at a disadvantage. I could get into her situation more, but these quick thoughts will suffice.
thats more than enough, thank you, and with this i say that with this info he would have done just as well playing marth, but instead he picked Mk because he didnt think he would win with marth or snake, not to mention the fact that he understood that he was playing aginst a skilled opponent, if it was some scrub, he would have stayed snake, but with all things considered, if he played Mk for this match in finals among other games mind you, its not just the 1. than MK deserves credit for the tourney win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom