• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Mang

Smash Rookie
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91
I am SOOOOO HAPPY.

In other news, being as Brawl has 37 characters compared to Melee's 26, more tiers makes the list much more useful and readable. Saying a character is mid tier when the mid tier encompasses like ten or so characters doesn't mean much.

I do wonder though: does Sheik's and Zelda's current placements reflect their potential as completely separate individual characters, or does it take into account their potential when used together (ex. switching to Zelda for kills, etc.)? I personally feel Sheik could do much better than her current placement if played in such a manner, but maybe that's just me.

M@v

Subarashii!
Sorry i didnt post earlier, was on a roadtrip to harrisburg PA.

Thoughts:
Negative feedback:

-LOL. Diddy in A tier? Better than R.O.B? he has a good MK matchup and everyone jumps on the diddy bandwagon...please dont tell me the tier list is turning into "The best MK matchups list"

-Fox got screwed too. Hes better than that. But no one plays him. Thats what happens when no one plays a character. But, I find funny the fact his number is 666 O_o.

Ok./end rant.

Now for the positives.

+Falco 3rd? GOOD stuff.

+Marth in A tier, he deserves it. Such a good character.

+Peach moved up big. Sweet =P

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Fox got *****.

I'm laughing at Sonic mains thinking he was going to make a huge jump.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Why the hell is everyone saying Marth is lower when he beats everyone but MK, Snake, and D3? And I dunno about the switch between Falco and DeDeDe yet.

The tier list was all good until yet again, the top tiers, or in this case A Tier, is screwed up. Eh maybe revision 3.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I just say you should bump Wario up to A tier at least, hes the hardest character in the game to grab, has the KO power of Bowser or D3, and the areal ability of Jigglypuff, with I think Snake's Weight? not to mention he destroys people with his bike tech glitch thingy. (Basically, to do it, move up doing a wheele on a slope, and if the opponent hits the bike, they get oneshotted from the speed.)

Uair and Fsmash KO like Bowser(Although Bowser's Fsmash is better.), Waft KO's like D3's Fsmash or Jethammer.

Don't forget, Wario has one heck of a broken air dodge.
Just describing moves doesn't make a character better. Here's a good example...

I just say you should bump Sonic up to D tier at least, hes the fastest character in the game making him difficult to grab, has the damage wracking capabilities of Pikachu or Kirby, and the aerial ability of Falco, with I think Toon Link's weight? Not to mention he destroys people with his short hopped down b's. (Basically short hop to a down b and when you land you have the option of shielding or continuing an attack)

B-air and Fsmash KO like Falco, and his spring is the only projectile in the game that starts with downward momentum.

Don't forget, Sonic's air dodge is the longest and best in the game.

Sorry for sounding like a jerk there, but as I said earlier just talking about your character doesn't make him any better.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Diddy. ^_^
Marth rose. Awesome.
Peach :/ (expected higher honestly)
Falco beat DDD ^_^
So Lucas and Ness are interchangable? Or was Lucas like... .045 better or something?
Sonic SHOULD have made a huge jump. Guess we gotta take Sonic to A rank in tourneys. lol
I like that people are starting to see that GaW was overrated.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
He had his glory in Melee. He's old now. XD
Ha. I guess so. Like all manly men, Falcon blazed through life like a shooting man-star and reached his inevitable but manly death:(.... But there's always Rick Wheeler!

M@v

Subarashii!
Whoa wait I just realized BOWSER is above Fox. REALLY? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

The bottom half of the list needs some seeerrriioouuussss work. The top half(besides diddy) is looking good.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Pikachu is STILL #12. Imagine that. I'm just happy he didn't lower.

But I am ticked that Lucario is #10 despite his less than impressive tournament rankings (Ankoku's thread), that Peach is #19 (wtf- SP and other SBR'ers said she is high tier material), and Zero Suit Samus didn't do well (wtf again- my buddy Snakeee places top 10 with her in every regional tourney he attends)...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I agree with the list for the most part. There are so many inconsistencies though. For example: Sonic's placement has been great from the start, better than all of lowtier, but he remains near the bottom. He's moved up two spots, but he's clearly better than that. I'm honestly not seeing what's keeping him so low

I saw Pit, Bowser, and Fox coming...

in other news...

27. Mario +2
28. Lucas -1
29. Ness -1
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mario > Ness. Get *****! XD

<3 Ness boards, lol

Gindler

Smash Champion
Awesome. Yoshi isn't in G class =D

On a side note...wow 20 pages of posts in under 12 hours? impressive

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
:(

Wouldn't that explain the placings better instead of everyone questioning the SBR?

Or at least release the V.1 discussion?
Releasing it won't magically stop the questioning, because you won't agree with everything you'd see in the discussion. This list is a group effort in the end and we want it to be treated as such. No point in having individual SBR members harrassed because people don't agree with them. There also isn't a reasoning for every character we all support, but we did try our best to convince each other. You're going to have to trust that everyone involved did the best they could with their input.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Shouldn't ties be labeled as such? Shouldn't Lucas and Ness both be 28th? And Lucario and Olimar tied for 10th? If not, what decided in putting Lucario and Lucas higher?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Lol there's kinda a lot of teirs there but I like it, pretty good and I'm happy since Mario raised up a bit. :) Soooo with this we're gonna start saying A teir and C teir and stuff? xD

sniperworm

Smash Ace
The characters that would need further discussion the most are the ones whose scores had the highest standard deviation. Here are the scores and SDs, for your edification:

Meta Knight, 15.00, 0.00
Snake , 13.91, 0.69
Falco , 13.03, 0.90
King Dedede , 12.94, 0.88
Mr. Game & Watch, 12.50, 0.88
Marth , 12.09, 1.00
Diddy Kong , 11.94, 1.41
Wario , 11.47, 0.67
R.O.B. , 11.38, 1.29
Lucario , 10.94, 0.80
Olimar , 10.94, 1.61
Pikachu , 10.34, 1.18
Kirby , 10.16, 1.25
Donkey Kong , 10.06, 1.52
Ice Climbers , 9.59, 1.21
Zero Suit Samus , 8.88, 1.83
Toon Link , 8.47, 1.32
Pit , 8.44, 1.50
Peach , 8.16, 1.67
Wolf , 7.91, 1.06
Luigi , 7.41, 1.46
Zelda , 7.03, 1.06
Bowser , 6.91, 1.67
Fox , 6.66, 1.89
Sheik , 6.44, 1.27
Ike , 5.91, 1.17
Mario , 4.56, 1.39
Lucas , 4.50, 1.30
Ness , 4.50, 1.34
Samus , 4.41, 1.21
Sonic , 4.16, 1.48
Pokémon Trainer , 3.94, 1.44
Yoshi , 3.66, 1.12
Link , 2.28, 0.96
Jigglypuff , 2.03, 1.26
Ganondorf , 1.88 , 1.18
Captain Falcon , 1.63, 0.79
Thanks a bunch for answering my question, standard deviation is fantastic.

Perhaps the standard deviation deserves a link in the OP too, since some people (like me) are interested in seeing the results in more detail.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!

Honestly, why not say something like this instead of UHHHH SONIC IS ACSHULY HI TIRE!!111
1. The Sonic mainers never say anything like that. They always state he's either (based on the original format) bottom of mid or top of low. The idea that they want him to be up there with the likes of Marth and Falco is ridiculous

2. The Sonic mainers HAVE been going to tourneys and consquently, the results have been ignored. They do 'go and win some tourneys' - just no one pays attention to it

...sorry I'm in a bad mood today :/

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
Nice. My only problem is Captain Falcon (but I'm just a Falcon fan so that doesn't matter).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike's still in what would have been Mid-tier in the old system. I'm happy there.

However, Sonic should of been up higher, and Captain Falcon > Ganondorf. Besides maybe Wario being lower, I have no complaints.

Veril

Frame Savant
As I said in the Jigglypuff forums. The burden of proof for the viablity of low tier characters falls on their mains.

Good luck low tiers!

We'll need it :p

Seriously though... Jiggs players are starting to get serious.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Ganondorf having 1.88. Lol i know he's one of the worst characters, but the gap is not THAT important XD A score like 3 would have been more accurate since he has a solid defense ang good combos. The rest is awful though (Match-ups, tournament results). On the other hand, he has a good number of 40:60 match-ups, so that's not that horrible.
Ganon only has around three or four 40:60 match-up's, honestly.

Even though more are put here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473, it isn't very accurate.

M.K

Level 55
People need to realize that this OPINIONATED list does NOT change how you play a character at all.
It's like someone coming up to you and telling you that your favorite video game sucks. You think to yourself "Ok, think what you want.".
It's a list that some more-skilled players put together. It is NOT definite.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
The alphabet.
Oh really? I thought that it was because the standard deviation was lower since there was a post listing the standard deviation for all the character's scores after I asked the question...

I guess it was just a coincidence and it was actually done alphabetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom