• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
TIER LIST PLACE MOVEMENT

SS Tier
:metaknight:
Meta Knight
=

1. to 1.

S Tier
:snake:
Snake
=

2. to 2.

A Tier
:falco:
Falco
+ 2

5. to 3.

:dedede:
King Dedede

3. to 4.

:gw:
Mr. Game & Watch

4. to 5.

:marth:
Marth
+ 1

7. to 6.

:diddy:
Diddy Kong
+ 4

11. to 7.

B Tier
:wario:
Wario
=

8. to 8.

:rob:
R.O.B.

6. to 9.

:lucario:
Lucario
- 1 / - 2 (ties with Olimar for 10/11th)

9. to 10./11.

:olimar:
Olimar
+ 7 / + 8 (ties with Lucario for 10/11th)

18. to 10./11.

C Tier
:pikachu2:
Pikachu
=

12. to 12.

:kirby2:
Kirby
+ 1

14. to 13.

:dk2:
Donkey Kong

10. to 14.

:popo:
Ice Climbers

13. to 15.

D Tier
:zerosuitsamus:
Zero Suit Samus
+ 5

21. to 16.

:toonlink:
Toon Link
=

17. to 17.

:pit:
Pit

15. to 18.

:peach:
Peach
+ 5

24. to 19.

:wolf:
Wolf

16. to 20.

E Tier
:luigi2:
Luigi
+ 2

23. to 21.

:zelda:
Zelda

20. to 22.

:bowser2:
Bowser

22. to 23.

:fox:
Fox

19. to 24.

:shiek:
Sheik
+ 1

26 to 25

:ike:
Ike

25 to 26

F Tier
:mario2:
Mario
+ 2

29. to 27.

:lucas:
Lucas
- 1 / - 2 (ties with Ness for 28/29th)

27. to 28./29.

:ness2:
Ness
= / -1 (ties with Lucas for 28/29th)

28. to 28./29.

:samus2:
Samus
+ 1

31. to 30.

:sonic:
Sonic
+ 2

33. to 31.

:pt:
Pokémon Trainer

30. to 32.

:yoshi2:
Yoshi

32. to 33.

G Tier
:link2:
Link
+ 2

36. to 34.

:jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff

34. to 35.

:ganondorf:
Ganondorf

35. to 36.

:falcon:
Captain Falcon
=

37. to 37.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
****, ****, and more ****.

First of all, Sonic is currently in B RANK. There is NO WAY he can be the seventh worst.
Second, everyone who knows the first thing about high level play knows that Ness is by farr better than Lucas. Also, HOW THE **** IS SAMUS ABOVE YOSHI?!?!?!?!?!?

Simple. The SBR consists of tier whores who don't care about metagame advances in low tier characters. For all I care, they carefully place everyone on the top half (very nicely, I must admit), then slap the low tiers together. Seriously, everyone noticed the blatant errors of Lucas being above Ness, and Yoshi being below Spamus. I bet that if a few decent players who didn't fake it with a Meta Knight or Falco shield got in, the tier list would be AT LEAST 50 times more accurate. Also, the letter system sucks.

We need people who care like PKNintendo and Sir 0rion, not people who care more for money than the metagame like M2K.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
On wii.

What exactly merits Ness and Lucas being tied? I just dont see it.
It's voting based, this means that the average of the votes Ness and Lucas got were the same.

Anyways a voting system seems like a popularity contest, personally. I'd rather there be thought out discussion that pertains to tourney placings, match-ups and the metagame enhancements instead of just voting.

And, on a final note,

YOSHI IS BOTTOM FIVE!

Ahahahahha.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I actually thought Kirby would go down a few spots..not up one.

I mean, everyone knows what to expect from him now, and his "inescapable" throw combos are no longer "inescapable" for most characters. I guess he's still getting pretty good tourney results, though.

I WANT him to be lower though. It's so much more satisfying to beat people with a low-tier character, why do you guys want your characters to rise up, wtf is wrong with you @_@

I'm glad Falcon's still bottom though, that way when I own people with him they can't complain too much.

I can't believe nobody commented on Diglett being in SS Tier.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

First of all, Sonic is currently in B RANK. There is NO WAY he can be the seventh worst.
Second, everyone who knows the first thing about high level play knows that Ness is by farr better than Lucas. Also, HOW THE **** IS SAMUS ABOVE YOSHI?!?!?!?!?!?

Simple. The SBR consists of tier whores who don't care about metagame advances in low tier characters. For all I care, they carefully place everyone on the top half (very nicely, I must admit), then slap the low tiers together. Seriously, everyone noticed the blatant errors of Lucas being above Ness, and Yoshi being below Spamus. I bet that if a few decent players who didn't fake it with a Meta Knight or Falco shield got in, the tier list would be AT LEAST 50 times more accurate. Also, the letter system sucks.

We need people who care like PKNintendo and Sir 0rion, not people who care more for money than the metagame like M2K.
Lucas is actually considered equal with Ness.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
LOL!

Translation: "We need people who play for honor like PKNintendo and Sir 0rion, not people who actually win consistently like M2K."

M15t3R E

Smash Master
TIER LIST PLACE MOVEMENT

:metaknight:
Meta Knight
=

1. to 1.

:snake:
Snake
=

2. to 2.

:falco:
Falco
+ 2

5. to 3.

:dedede:
King Dedede

3. to 4.

:gw:
Mr. Game & Watch

4. to 5.

:marth:
Marth
+ 1

7. to 6.

:diddy:
Diddy Kong
+ 4

11. to 7.

:wario:
Wario
=

8. to 8.

:rob:
R.O.B.

6. to 9.

:lucario:
Lucario
- 1 / - 2 (ties with Olimar for 10/11th)

9. to 10./11.

:olimar:
Olimar
+ 7 / + 8 (ties with Lucario for 10/11th)

18. to 10./11.

:pikachu2:
Pikachu
=

12. to 12.

:kirby2:
Kirby
+ 1

14. to 13.

:dk2:
Donkey Kong

10. to 14.

:popo:
Ice Climbers

13. to 15.

:zerosuitsamus:
Zero Suit Samus
+ 5

21. to 16.

:toonlink:
Toon Link
=

17. to 17.

:pit:
Pit

15. to 18.

:peach:
Peach
+ 5

24. to 19.

:wolf:
Wolf

16. to 20.

:luigi2:
Luigi
+ 2

23. to 21.

:zelda:
Zelda

20. to 22.

:bowser2:
Bowser

22. to 23.

:fox:
Fox

19. to 24.

:shiek:
Sheik
+ 1

26 to 25

:ike:
Ike

25 to 26

:mario2:
Mario
+ 2

29. to 27.

:lucas:
Lucas
- 1 / - 2 (ties with Ness for 28/29th)

27. to 28./29.

:ness2:
Ness
= / -1 (ties with Lucas for 28/29th)

28. to 28./29.

:samus2:
Samus
+ 1

31. to 30.

:sonic:
Sonic
+ 2

33. to 31.

:pt:
Pokémon Trainer

30. to 32.

:yoshi2:
Yoshi

32. to 33.

:link2:
Link
+ 2

36. to 34.

:jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff

34. to 35.

:ganondorf:
Ganondorf

35. to 36.

:falcon:
Captain Falcon
=

37. to 37.

Wow, good **** Spadefox!

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
The tiers look pretty good up to D, which is where I stopped caring :bee: After that, it's okay.

But really, someone needs to explain this Ness = Lucas thing.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
wario needs to have his own tier spot since nobody else wants to share B tier with him.Too smelly.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I am officially no longer recognizing SBR as an authority on anything Smash-related, and from this point on will acknowledge this tier list as simply another casual fan-made one.

Nice try, guys.

Psychoace

Smash Champion

lol someones bitter. You really think m2k only plays for money? Look at all the research the man has done for this game.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
By far. SBR still hasn't learned jack **** from the plethora of inconsistencies and mistakes they made last time around.

Captain Falcon should be above Ganon and Jigglypuff, period. Wario below R.O.B. (with so many characters having grab-release crap on him) is absolutely ridiculous, too. This tier list is laughable.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
This list is completely stupid... It is based on a bunch of pros giving a rating to each character and placing them on a list. What the hell? This doesn't seem to be based AT ALL on tourney results. There must have been so many better ways to deal with this. Of course, since there was a previous tier list, you are very much influenced by it and give ratings to character according to his rank (and probably because you are too lazy to study each and EVERY case more closely). Take Captain Falcon, for example. He may suck as a character, and probably most of you SBR-B members have voted 1 on him just because of that. But look at his tourney results in the character rankings thread. They look pretty good (C Rank). I'm not saying he should go up a tier or anything, although he could still gain a few places. And gaining a few places only could have been possible if you somehow fused character quality AND tourney results. Well, after all, that's exactly what you are going to say to me: "We took tourney results into account! What, are you stupid?" O.K, but you only seem to have done that with only the top, high, and part of the middle tier (Falco, Marth, Diddy, Olimar, Peach, ZSS and many others have gone up thanks to great results). The bottom tier seems to be abandoned to their fate (except Link). I don't want any ******** comments like "oh Falcon, Jiggs and Ganon suck". Yes, they do, but at least reward them if they're making such a great effort. Maybe not Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, but Captain Falcon, guys, come on! Sonic could have gone up a lot higher than just 2 places. I could make a list of all the wrong cases in this list.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
in the melee tier list falcon and puff are tied. They're point values are equal.

what makes this different?

kr3wman

Smash Master
'OMG, like Captain Falcon got a win because Ally won against Anther's sonic in one match in the grand finals, so he should be over Jigglypuff and Ganondorf'

Don't make me laugh.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
So if Lucario is tied with Olimar, and Lucas is tied with Ness, than they are both in the same spot in the tier list.
So, Pikachu, for example, is #11 since Lucario/Olimar are tied for 10th? Or is Pikachu still considered #12?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
xD

i really hope you're not serious

it would suck that olimar moves down a spot solely because of his name lol
It was Ankoku that compiled the list from our votes, but I was under the impression it was based on the alphabet in the case of a tie. The scores are exactly the same, the SD basically means how much we agreed on a character. I'll address it again if I'm somehow mistaken.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
'OMG, like Captain Falcon got a win because Ally won against Anther's sonic in one match in the grand finals, so he should be over Jigglypuff and Ganondorf'

Don't make me laugh.
Thanks for the strawman, but no. He's use with FAR more consistency overall than either of those two, and has been for some time. Now get off of this kick already.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Don't make me laugh.
He should. Cry over it if you want.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
And Andy, I thank you for that, but I know when ignorance comes into play and when it doesn't. I knew a long time ago that people would attempt to place Yoshi in bottom tier. It's just not right to attempt to place voting on every character when not all characters have been nearly placed like other (which is natural), or evaluated enough to justify a correct position. High tiers were fine in the voting as they have more than enough people playing them, and expressing their meta-game, but as soon as you get lower down the list, how easily are you going to be able to decipher how well those characters meta-games are?
Actually, he was going to be bottom tier because the preferred tier list (before I made mine) used point intervals instead of gaps. It wasn't a conscious decision.
Lower-tier characters are tough, sure. But I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting--there's no practical way to rank the lower characters other than by voting.

By all means, having more SBR members who play low-tier characters would be great. I encourage all of you who have a brain and care about the game to apply. That is, as long as your posts don't look like this:

Yikarur

Smash Master
I am officially no longer recognizing SBR as an authority on anything Smash-related, and from this point on will acknowledge this tier list as simply another casual fan-made one.

Nice try, guys.
Word :D

I'm very shocked.

The last thing I've expected is that Yoshi is lower ranked that before LOL

Everyone who I know has expected that Yoshi is at least in the mid area.

Yoshi is so low because no body really want to play him because he is very different as every other character. The most of no-Yoshi Competitive Mains would never even touch him because of his unique kind of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom