• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Famous

Smash Champion
LOL! Yea he was... "He's Famous for being a Fraud" "I don't know if I can trust a fraud" LOL...good times

Veggi

Smash Champion
FGCU Besties

FGCU Viper: Watching you irritate your pool was hilarious. Thanks for setting up this hype trip for us. You got some epic wins over the weekend and I congratulate you for that. Your Falco is so funny, haha.

FGCU Abscent: It sucks that you didn't do well in pools, but it was a blast having you on the trip. Thanks for waiting for me when I was dragging behind at some times.

FGCU SSGuy: Dude, we didn't get to go to Nintendo World. I can't believe you were trying to fall asleep on us when there was so much hyyyyyyype. Good job on money matching Chibo you obv were going to do very well. ;)

FGCU Megalodon: Man, your Fox clay figure ended up doing the most hype down smash. His head looked like Solid Snake got a hold on him. It was really fun hanging out with you and Ike is toooooo good.

FGCU Shinibu: You had the most hype set of APEX 2012 against Ghost. It was so funny because Snake is such a dumb character, haha. Ftilts all day and night.

FGCU MAO!: I didn't get to see any of your matches, but it was great having you in the hotel room with us. Also, the trip to Dunkin Doughnuts was too much hype. Our One Piece conversation was great but you seemed to like spoiling everything for me.

FGCU BD Joe: Our conversations were the best and that entire Rutgers area was owned by Team Rocket, it was disgusting. I can't believe you survived that long on no sleep.

FGCU BG.: You actually did pretty well in pools, even though one of your opponents was a little kid. It was great having you on the trip with us and I hope you stick with playing Brawl for a long time.

Kind of like FGCU?

Mink: It was cool seeing you again and I hope to play some matches with you some time in the near future. Also, that 6th floor hallway will never be the same.

Tampa

Admiral Funk of the S.S. Pimpin: You are too cool. You turned that Dunkin Doughnuts into Funkin Doughnuts. Also, I picked up some jeans that were left in our hotel room and they might be yours, so just tell me if you're missing a pair.

Ed: It was nice seeing you again. Keep up the good work with that Zelda/Shiek, you're one of the only people who can.

Trump: Hopefully I can play you again sometime in the near future. It was nice seeing you.

Halberd: It was nice talking with you about my pool and stuff.

Mampam: I haven't played you in forevvvvvvvvver. Next time I see you we definitely have to get some matches in.

Neoseeker people I met for the first time irl and was super hype about

Slarsh: You're awesome. Definitely one of the people I spent the most time with and for good reason. You're a really chill nice guy and definitely a good friend. It was too bad the time we were with each other most there wasn't much to do.

Tiger: You're a really cool person. I think I'm going to have to work on the Kirby matchup, lol. How embarrassing! Too bad we didn't get to play more games, but the ones we did were a lot of fun.

Hippie: I was kind of disappointed when we first met because you didn't seem happy to see me at all, but I'm glad I got to see you more after the first day. You're a really cool guy and hopefully I'll get to see you again. Fun matches too.

Tech_Chase: It was great to see you even though we didn't get to talk much or play any matches, but hopefully one of these days we will.

Marioooooooooooooooooooooos

Steep: Man, I was looking for a black guy and you turned up not being black at all. It was cool I got to meet you. You're a really nice guy and your friend is cool too, but I can't remember her name. Now you'll both have a signed Peach to remember me bye. Our matches were fun too. I hope to see you again at some time in my life.

Dr. Yogi: Fun matches. You're a nice guy. You were very determined with that cape and I was really scared to let anything happen.

KirinBlaze: wtf Link is crazy. Your Mario is mad good too. Also, copying my pivot fireball strategy and pulling the match back was pretty hype. Good job on that.

Boss: Man, I wanted some matches. Oh well.

Konkey Dongs

Crifer: It was fun playing with you, although I was disappointed I wasn't doing very well at all. : ( Also, Viper can be a handful sometimes, sorry. Haha.

Will: Excellent DK. I learned a couple things from watching you.

Good Players that were surprisingly very nice people

Il(l?)matic: You have a great Peach and it was fun to play against you. I definitely have some things to learn with my Peach. I was taking like 50% in two seconds from auto-cancelled aerials. I was like....what's going on? It was a great experience.

Vinnie: I'm not sure if I ever talked to you personally but I know you were really nice to my friends and I appreciate that.

Vermanubis: You're so tall! You're a really cool guy and were very fun to play against. I feel like I would have gotten pretty messed up if Ganondorf didn't have a gajillion frames of lag on his moves.

MVD: You're a really nice guy even though you were out to get my moolah. Our set was a lot of fun, but I can't believe I wanted to go swimming so much. I probably should have thought more before I payed 5 dollars for DK and Snake to play in the water and DK get his dumb monkey head axe kicked all day by Snake. Oh well. If I knew I wasn't going to win I should have at least tried to get the most experience out of my money.

Zeton: Fox vs. Mario was fun. Your Fox is crazy.

XQ or something like that?: Your Fox and Yoshi were really good and you're a really nice guy. It was a lot of fun playing matches with you. That was a terrifying Yoshi and your Fox was like...impossible, haha.

P(C)ool People

Rich Brown: Oh my.

Zorai: Good games. MK is a silly goose. I totally had that fair though. I was so bummed when dair swiped me out of it. : ( Your Marth was really good. I get bummed out when I lose to a Marth because I feel like I know that matchup well. Eh. I got outplayed. Good job.

XLR8: Your Sonic was pretty scary. I got really freaked out when I saw that big 5 on the screen and knew I only had 5 seconds to catch Sonic the Hedgehog in 5 seconds. I seriously didn't know the time was running out at all, lol. I can't believe a normal match just ended up lasting 8 minutes, haha.

TempesT: I like you a lot. You're a really cool person to talk to and really chill. You and your sister were really nice and it was a pleasure playing a set with you. Sorry that your last tourney had to be ended in such a dumb way. DK is a dumb character though. : ( I hope you had fun in our set at least.

Money Matches

Fuujin: Zelda's dumb. You made me feel sad. Our set was fun though.

Prawn: Thank God I'm not that terrible at the IC matchup. I was really happy when you picked Snake third game though. I know that matchup pretty well....unless I lose.

Sin: So you do have a name! Man, I never win Mario vs. MK. -_- Good games though.

ESAM Hype Climbers

There was so much hype when you went with IC dittos. If you heard the NANA! POPO! chant, that was my thanks to you for such a hype match.

I was the guy who wore the half-***** Mario costume I threw together on the third day/the guy who was yelling a lot during the finals.

I don't want to just forget about you amazing people so if anyone wants to loosely keep in touch, add me on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000305138010

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Still disappointed in this community for cheering against M2K during his set. Cheering against someone can really throw off their play, and no player deserves such a thing.
Thats what soundproof headphones are for :/

It also boosts the one being cheered too.. Which is why i do it.

MacD

Banned via Administration
MacD seems to get to Winners' Quarters a lot and then get bodied, lol. Here, Genesis 2, RoM3. He's like a reverse Hax. :awesome:
bodied sounds harsh :/

It gets even weirder than that, though. MacD usually beats Hax in Winners' (a.k.a. MacD land), such as at RoM 3 and No Johns 01/15/11. But whenever they fight in Hax land a.k.a. the Losers' bracket (Pound 5 and Apex 2012), Hax wins.
that's so funny, i didn't even realize that

i keep thinking what would happen if i get to semi's though. how funny would it be to hear "macd vs mango winners semi finals." it'd be like those old so cal tournies. at least so cal would get a kick out of it

Veggi

Smash Champion
Really quick, somebody mind filling me in on what All Brawl is?
-4 Players per set
-Single Elimination
-All Stages On Set On Random
-All Characters Random
-Top 2 players Advance
-All Items on set to Medium
-First Player to win 2 matches moves ahead
-2nd person to advance is decided in the order of: Match wins, lives left in last match, most kills in last match

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I know that, if you didn't know Alex Strife was the TO, you probably couldn't tell that he was hosting because he spent most of Friday and Saturday doing not much of anything.

That said, enlighten me: What did Alex do that the rest of us can't step up to do without constantly *****ing, threatening to cancel the tourney, etc?
You should run the next apex so youcan find out for yourself.

thank you alex strife for hosting apex 2012.
this should be at the end of every post in this thread.
so guys

salem is the best ZSS
excuse me? You must not be familiar with my bay Dat Random Ni gga.
here, ill introduce you...
Why? Because he won the ditto and tied for highest placing zss?

Nick is still the best zss imo. Answering even though i know ur not serious
look at that, hes so humble too. He beat a top MK to get the placing he got and the bum he tied with only beat a scrubby ZSS to get that placing.

DRN for bess ZSS.

tekkie

Smash Master
i cheered for OCEAN, **** you all, i have no qualms cheering for an underdog no matter where they're from

also

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Shoutout time :D

Internet's Explore's Place

Internet Explorer- Thank you so much for verything you did this weekend. If I could I would bake you a cake.

Alex- Shoutouts for being asian.

Melty Blood guy(forgot your name)- See Alex's shoutout and thanks for letting me press the buttons on your stick.

Shounenkel- You might possibly be my new favorite person even if you do play an old-*** game, hit me up any time.

Kuro- Your hair is poofy.

Ryo- You are mad funny man.

Armada- Congratulations on taking America's money and I'm not that much of a spazz at reasonable hours.

Rest of Sweden(forgot all of your names D: )- You guys are mad chill, hope you have a safe trip home.

Tekkie- It was great to finally meet you even if we never got our money match in.

Lucarios

Trela- It was so good seeing you again and even better getting you to say more than three words. That jacket you were wearing was pretty cool btw.

Tony T- Nice meeting you, it was a shame the crew battle never happened.

Zant- Dat hair. I had good time chilling with you near the end there, definitely have to do it again some time.

Zucco- I was so happy to see you again :D Stay free in Mario Kart <3

John12346- I lied, you don't suck at Mario Kart. I want a rematch next time we meet.

Red Ryu- Finally got to meet the man behind the red name! It's a shame we didn't get to talk more but things were kind of hectic at the time.

Shippooooo- Good to see you again man.

iRJi- I couldn't find you man D:

Pool

OCEAN- Good job bodying the entire pool with ROB and congratulations on beating Mew2King. Stay cute man.

DRN- You are hands downthe best ZSS I have ever played, I really hope we can get a rematch in some time.

Player-4- GGS man, normally I don't like playing against the bat but I had fun during our match.

sephirothdotcom- Sooooooo close. I really enjoyed playing you G&W, I think I'm finally getting that matchup down.

Errybody else

Ripple- Had fun during our friendlies set.

Will- Good to see you again, I'll be making an attempt to travel to more stuff so hopefully we'll get to play more.

vVv Rapture- Nice meeting you, I was hoping to play you at some point but never really had a chance to ask.

Croi and the other Nova Scotia guys- You guys are pretty cool and I can't wait to body you in luc dittos again.

Fats- INFERNOOOOOOOO!

Razer- We didn't actually meet but your mii defeated the Armored Fiend in find mii and I thought that deserved a shoutout.

Streetpass Princeton guy- Shoutouts to your kuriboh's shoe necklace.

Sync- Thanks for being a fan, you seem like a really cool guy. Teach me the Olimar matchup next time we meet.

Vermanubis- Great to see you again man. Stay Ganly.

Ganon Gauntlet- That **** was terrifying.

Mew2King- Stop losing controllers.

iKon- I wish we would have been able to play. I was digging the uniform.

Espy- Hi.

HaileyM- Thanks for tying the bracelet, couldn't have done it myself.

Hippiedude- When did you become a ninja? Anyway I was so happy to see you again and finally play you.

Boss and Lie- Had fun in our doubles set, glad you didn't end up getting DQ'd :x

Fuujin and Jarvitz- Had a lot of fun playing you guys too.

TwicH- Nice to meet you.

Bionic- Glad I got to meet you before you disappeared from smash.

Coney- Good seeing you again.

Salem- Congratulations on beating NickRiddle.

Stealth Raptor- Nice to finally meet you, too bad we never got to play.

Whoever got me sick- **** you

Guy selling the trophies- I need your name so I can send you my information :x

DMBrandon/Doom/Chibo/Crismas/Other staff members- Shoutouts to you guys for making things run as smoothly as possible given the circumstances.

Alex Strife-You are the ****ing man for organizing all of this, I wish I could give you a big hug.

I had an awesome time and I already miss everybody.

Player-3

Smash Hero
so im reading alot of people got sick at this

we should find out who did it and write htem a nasty email coated with anthrax or something

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
yeah i definitely got a cold. but really its just a cold so idgaf

and really every tourney has a lot of bugs floating around, considering this is the biggest smash tourney of all time it would be quite surprising if a lot of people didnt get sick

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the Japanese are way beyond us even in the irl metagame, thats why Kou and everybody else wearing medical masks the entire time lol

Cassio

Smash Master
Ok I guess I should write this out.

I just want to explain why we made the stream on Sunday the way we did.

The original purpose of this event was to bridge the gap of standard fighting game player and smash players. We wanted to get their people to watch our game. That is why we really put it on the stream. From the crowd and the stream reaction it was good. People liked it, and, whats better...people stayed on the stream for smash. We also made sure to record as many matches as possible.

The whole event...in itself...had a lot of things that did not happen due to circumstances out of our control. We ran a bit behind because we did not have the equipment to run the event as we wanted to. Again it was totally on me for asking the community rather than doing it myself. If I were to do another Apex I would easily rectify this by purchasing all the TVs and Wiis to equal up to 64 each. That way no one would have to worry about it and just bring setups for friendlies and maybe have some extras.

People stated a bit about offering venue fee money as a reward. While that is a good idea I wanted the giveaways due to the fact that it was so successful last year. Maybe It was the fact that this was a nintendo 3ds and not a tv that people were hesitant.

Our stream, from what I saw, was well done by our good friend Jaxel...so please guys donate to him..

I guess I should give my thoughts on this huh?

I feel that our community can change for the better. I think that we could of made a small step this year in bringing other communities and companies to view our event. MLG reps were there and were very impressed and other fgc loved the work we put in to smash. I wanted to start a new trend because I do feel that we can be better. At this point...I just now feel saddened that people will never see the bigger picture of the stream. A stream is not just a place to watch matches but it has a use in getting sponsors. Those sponsors, like sabergaming, gave us a big amount of money to just be put on a stream so thousands can know them. We would, in theory, use that to get more sponsors next year and have more of everything...more equipment...more prize bonuses, more players from around the world. I know and understand many of you will never care about that...and to me thats ok cause u should not need to...but it is sad to see people not seeing this vision i see...but that is my fault for thinking so.

All in all...everyone did a great job and I thank all of the sponsors and people that came to this event and helped. I get to walk away knowing that I had an amazing staff and would not trade them for anything in the world. I am leaving only because I feel I have failed this community by not giving you the best. I relied on others to help and when they left I had to scramble to figure things out...thats on me completely...I should of foreseen all these issues but I did not.

From the bottom of my heart I am sorry about all of this and I hope somehow you can see why I did the things on stream that way and maybe forgive the setup issues...I hope people can learn from this...Once I pay all the players via paypal and bio puts up the results for all teh games...I'll go...I am sorry I shamed myself.
As a stream monster, while it was annoying to not see brawl it was understandable why it didnt happen. The fact that we even had a stream with such good quality in the first place is a luxury we rarely ever have. People complain at the time but get over it quick, and the update thread was still pretty hype. You set an unusually high standard for yourself. Compare your performance with other nationals, even as you criticize yourself you still hit above par.

I also completely support your effort to draw more support to smash. I hope you and your crew dont stop now, pioneering new roads is always rough. Apex 2012 could be looked back on as the first event of something great.

ally at apex1 (canada)
brood at apex2 (japan)
ocean at apex3 (japan)

at a new jersey (where i live) national

that's pretty bad and discouraging
Stop playing gay and people will cheer for you. Dont act like a victim.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Bad players:

Mister Eric
RJ
Swordgard
Hunger

False
Kai
Cable
Twich
Nordal
Tearbear
YoshQ
Y.b.m.
Karamity
Vivff

Gio
Jash
Joe ST
Ryo
Inui

Kid
Kel
Lain
Domo

Apostle
Jnig
vVv Cheese

Wedge
Sago
Zekey
Xaltis
Stingers
Tin Man

Scatz
KingToon
Darc
JaimeHR
Hylian
Espy
(I love you though, - you aren't really bad)
Nicole
Anti
Pink Fresh
(I love you though, - you aren't really bad)
Hinkage
Chudat
Izumi
Nysarc
Poyo
Chimpakt
Zeton
NEO
Arty

Royal
Xzax
Almo
Bill
K Prime
M@V
Ripple
Yukhoe
Player-1

Dapuffster
MJG
Dil
Kunai Kazekun
MVD
Zorai
DLA
Kain
DA1OS

Nagasell
Vex
Neath
Ravenlord
iKon
John12346

Ori_Bro
DeltaCod
ScaryL
Pitzer
Wes
Redhalberd
Malcolm
Bizkit
Shadow1pj

Glen Cocoa
Lada
iPresea
vVv Chibosempai
MeekSpeedy
Snakeee
4GOD
Zori
Mampam

Micaelis
Penta
Hall
Bleachigo

TL;DR

Don't feel bad about not making it out of pools at Apex.
This was only round two's upsets.
EXTREMELY STACKED

ANTi_

Smash Hero
LOL I overslept for pools d00d, you said it as if i actually played & lost.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I know, I'm just joking :]

I wish you would have played :/

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Shoutout to DM Brandon because he will forever be the "second best in new joisey"

Shoutout to DM Brandon because he will forever be the "quarter second lag" guy

Shoutout to DM Brandon just cuz

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
aisight: Hope the Death Note turned out well. Good stuff making it out of our pool even though i beat you lol
Thanks, and good games! I'm sorry I let you down in R2 pools, but I feel like both of the 1seeds in that pool were a full step above me. :c

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
He's how my shoutouts go

Shoutouts to everyone with a 3ds so I could get puzzle pieces and travel up my tower

Shoutouts to TKBro for having the only room where I was invited to have fun

Shoutouts to Coontail DOMO and everyone else Friday night (honestly can't remember anyone elses name)

Shoutouts to Nicole for hustling people to doing MMs against her
Anti shoutouts to the guy so salty he was recording MMs
Anti shoutouts to Nicole for forgetting who I was then saying she never met me before

Anti shoutouts to everyone who DIDN'T invite me to party when I was asking everyone "where the party at"

Antii shoutouts to everyone with that green that didn't find me(you can't miss a 6'7" half black man with a red and Blue Fro)

Shoutouts to everyone who complimented my hair

Shoutouts to R U Hungry

Anti Shoutouts to all who went to party then slept in my room for free

Anti shoutouts to the Fighters spealer only reaching as loud as the fighters area and I got DQd R1 for being in brawl dubs

Shoutouts to Lee Martin I didn't mean to seem like I was raging but by the time I got to play I was so hungry it can't be hidden none of the anger was at you or your team or anything I just wanted food

Anti shououts to Melee GF taking forever so all the Hype brawl matches were on small TVs

Shoutouts to Tech Chase for finding the perfect spot to see those hype matches

Shoutouts to Tech for always being someone I can drink with and watching drama in the streets

Anti shoutouts to the people doing friendlies on TVs that were needed for bracket then cokmplain about everything running long

Anti shoutouts for threats of DQ but no DQs happening

Anti shoutouts for not enough matches being called at once to fill the tvs at once next time turn off all tvs call the matches and only the people called can turn them on

Anti shoutouts for me not being at a single party Sat this makes me not want to go to tourneys anymore I don't even like this game that much any more

Shoutouts to APEX for making such HYPE Matches in Brawl Melee and MvC that I can forget all the Anti shoutouts seriously if you think you did a bad job your focusing on the wrong parts of the tourney

Oh and a BIG SHOUTOUT to DMBrandon for making this tourney work AND making sure I got My MM against anyone of my choice I was glad to retire Kirby against Kakara even if it was just **** :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
This will be my second to last post here.

No one should be thanking one person. This was a community effort. We all worked hard and everyone deserves credit for what they did this weekend. Just because I am leaving does not mean things will not get even better. People worked hard for the idea of Apex not me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Alex, I heard Leon plans to get back into Brawl again because of Apex. He wasn't really motivated anymore but Apex gave him back that motivation. That's awesome on so many levels, most TOs couldn't even dream of such an achievement.

:059:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I feel that our community can change for the better. I think that we could of made a small step this year in bringing other communities and companies to view our event. MLG reps were there and were very impressed and other fgc loved the work we put in to smash..
Did everyone catch this? Good. I remember Strife and Gimpyfish talking on Peefs podcast once that Smash needs sponsors and recognition (MLG), I'm starting to agree with this. I honestly feel that Alex did much more than just ran a successful tournament.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
No it was MLG JV and a person from their staff ( either content team or actual staff exec do not recall )

crap I said i would not post-.-

Kel

Smash Master
Oh Yeah I forgot about JV. I was wondering what he was doing there.

It would be awesome if Smash got some MLG love again, but I also understand it's a long shot.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
There is a reason why smash will never return to either MLG or Evo for that matter. First is an old game and second, considering tge game was new, the ruleset is hurting pretty bad the scene.

Apex GF melee was sad. It showed how old the ruleset for time and stocks it were. Any other fighting game the most a match will take is 3 minutes. And that is a rare case. Melee matches are 7 minutes. That is too long for a match and to keep entertained a croud. Could u imagine that in Evo. It would be embarrasing. And if for some reason players decide to play like in apex GF at least we dont have to watch for so long.

Same happened to third strike in Evo 2k8.

Now why are the ruleset for melee so old.

First of all why 7 minutes? Is it necessary 7 minutes to defeat an opponent. Second which characters benefit for this kind of rule set? It comes to mind that campers like jiggs and other benefit from that rule.

I dont really know how this should be adressed but something must be done.

One ruleset i've tried with my friends is 3 stocks and 4 minutes. It makes the match more agressive. Something that would have helped a lot in the past GF.

:phone:

Top Bottom