• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
The resurrection of old legends.
The clash of continents.
The new world champion.

Brought to you by Alex Strife. I'd say we owe him a great deal.

Nike.

Smash Hero
ally at apex1 (canada)
brood at apex2 (japan)
ocean at apex3 (japan)

at a new jersey (where i live) national

that's pretty bad and discouraging
You hadn't lost anything before apex1, ppl wanted an upset.
You tried to time out Brood twice.
Same as Ocean.

Honestly, it wouldnt happen to you NEARLY as much if it wasn't for all the attemped timeouts.
You still have fans. and not everyone cheers against you.
For what it's worth, I personally wanted you to win Brawl since I'm a fanboy from your melee marth days.

D

Deleted member

yeah melee community is much nicer to me, and i feel like i play better when they motivate me
thats cause you **** at melee. no one really ***** at brawl, it's more like a series of convenient events that you don't care about that leads to a victory. you being good at brawl usually means you tornado'd out of a bad position.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I cheered against you this time, m2k, cuz I wanted to see a ROB win such a bad MU. I've cheered for you like every other time you've played against an international player.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
ally at apex1 (canada)
brood at apex2 (japan)
ocean at apex3 (japan)

at a new jersey (where i live) national

that's pretty bad and discouraging
Rooting for upsets and generating hype can sometimes trump everything else. I don't think its anything personal. It's the same reason many Americans cheered for Javi over PP.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
my controller was stolen, so i didn't wanna play because i was using my backup and not doing well with it (tried to laser wobbles and ended up Forward Bing off, just got really sad at myself and didn't want to play anymore), so I went to play brawl. I'm surprised I did so well in teams with the backup controller.

btw does anyone know who the person behind me and armada was that recorded my WF set vs hbox/pulp? I had 8 kills 630 dmg last game and i wanna watch it XD

well the japanese are all super against the mk ban, so i don't think it'll last that long tbh, but I already gave my 2nd best brawl controller to Nietono after apex singles ended, and idk what I am doing now, except college and figuring out what I wanna do with my life.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Brawl doubles payouts HAS to be wrong. I think that means per person?
I think (not 100% sure) that it was top 8 paid out in both singles and doubles

and also I never changed the settings in tio so if they look wrong they probably are

Nike - checking on it and i'll reupload

Radium88

Smash Lord
I also wanted to do a shoutout for all the people who donated money to Reflex and his car. <3 this community even more!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
@alex strife: yeah stuff could have been better, but you still pulled in SO MANY GOOD PLAYERS and got smash on a livestream to be viewed at RIDICULOUS numbers by our standards. that's a brilliant start to expanding our community and you are to thank for that. I don't think you should go because you are catching flack, but if you do end up deciding to leave, then know that you have done a good deed overall for our community. you know what to do to improve the event in the future, so just DO THAT and then everything is fine lol.

thank you alex strife for hosting apex 2012.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Seriously, thanks to everyone who helped our car out! We've just gotten picked up in ATL, and i don't even know what we would've done without the community's help!

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Shoutouts!!

Round 1 Pool:
Leon - ggs, i'm amazed i even took stocks off you XD, your marth is ridiculous!
Deltacod - ****ING GRABS!! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABS!!!! DX, ggs that yoshi mad good.
Kid Goggles - found your little livestream intro to be ****ing hilarious, ggs you're damn good, how long did it take you to realize I would just start rushing at you when I lost the lead XD
Bing - ggs

All Brawl:
Firefly - ****ING STICKIES!!! XD, man, you got screwed over sooooo hard!
Tearbear - 2-0ing us two straight rounds ftw

Global Enterprises:
Umbra - that first stock vs. lain will be the best thing you ever do ever.
Berserker - THE BERSERKER SAWORDSMAN!! You should've made it outta pools, you deserved it :(, you were going in at this thing!
M@v - well, somebody had to make it outta pools for us XD, good ****!
Triadprodigy - coming outta the retirement home to get shafted by a controller in the fighters and having a pool just as bad as me :(, still nice to see you, and you're still ****ing fantastic at these games.
Javier - teach me Marth plz :D, thanks for letting us crash at ur place, enjoyed the great gas adventure!
JMOAN - thanks for the ride dude! had a great time

All this being said, really depressed that I got so little friendlies in at this. :(, then again, that's gonna happen at a tourney this size. Overall, you guys did a FANTASTIC job running this. Having to do so much over the course of 3 days is no easy task, and you guys ran it very smoothly!

Now I just gotta work on talking to people at these things XD.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Still disappointed in this community for cheering against M2K during his set. Cheering against someone can really throw off their play, and no player deserves such a thing.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Event da bess. Credit must go to where it's due. Diem and Doom pulled off some kind of ****, real talk.

Shoutouts soon prob, prob not though, errbody knows I love them.

Back to practice. Clearly I'm the only one here that can take out Japan. >_>

Famous

Smash Champion
Yo.

I remember that happening.

And some kid was like, whats your tag bro?
And you were like, i'ma fraud.
LOL, yea...Im'a fraud. I decided to wear that tag until I get back into shape in Brawl. Haven't been playing like I'm Famous.

@Melon. Np man, it was good practice for me too. We should play more next time

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Shoutouts time:
-Sonics:
Speed - Stop getting so down on yourself man. You just had the closest thing to a deathpool R1 and there's nothing you can do about that. Good to see you again, and good **** beating __X__ in that MM.
D1AOS - A pleasure to see you as always, and I need a runback in those $1 ditto MMs lol.
Meekspeedy- MY MANS! You were even cooler in person than I'd imagined. The most hilarious person at the tourney imo, and I can't wait to see you again. You were playing really well and the only place you have to go is up.
Goggles - I owe credit to you for me 2-0ing my whole pool. Your trash talk kept me from dropping a game. I don't think I'll ever troll you again, because your commentary on various matches was the most hilarious thing I have ever heard and I loved it, idk how I ever disliked you.
Espy - The plushified Sonic vs. Yoshi matchup killed me. You had way too much fun with those plushies. I have you vs. Kel uploading right now with the godlike commentary from Goggles and BAM. I was shocked that you didn't make it to bracket, and you have to stop just airdodging into wolf every time you recover, you ate so many dsmashes.
BAM - So cool to finally meet you. Didn't get to talk to you much but I was glad you could make it.
XLR8 - You used to have $5, then you took my knee to your arrow.

General:
Logic - Good set in pools. You almost made the comeback on the third stock of game 2 because you really capitalized on me fishing for kills. Good stuff beating D1aos and making it to bracket.
Luminoth - You were probably one of the most chill dudes I talked to all tourney, and also my hardest match in pools R1. Your wolf is good, but you need to be a bit more patient. That and Pika happened :/
Telu - FALCON. I wish I got to play you more after our set in pools. Your falcon was pretty smart and I hope you do well with him at your next French tourney; I love watching your sets.
Orion - You are possibly the most frustrating player I've ever played against in any game in my entire life. Your metaknight made approaching virtually impossible unless I wanted to eat at least 20%, and I barely kept myself from getting 2 stocked. And I want to thank you for this, because it's motivated me to improve and find ways around defensive wall characters. Despite how annoying your playstyle is, I respect your metaknight for how smart it is. I never even thought about that uair thing before I played you. Your encouraging attitude towards other players is something I wish that more players had and I hope to play you again whenever you're in the United States next. I want that runback. SWAG!
JNig - I was looking to rematch you after our set but I couldn't find you. I'm coming for your blood next time I'm in NJ; I played terribly during our set and need to prove to myself that I can do better even if I can't win.
Cheese - Even if it didn't wind up counting because Orion was already guaranteed to get to bracket, how you lose to Sonic though? :troll: On the real, I'm happy that I got my rematch from KOTC.
Seagull - The eternal sonic slayer, and one of my favorite people to talk to at tourneys. Good to see you as always.
Pitzer - Still trying to figure out how you beat Delta, but you were playing really well this weekend and I hope to see you placing better. And you know, not losing to D1aos.
Kai - YOU ARE THE ONLY WORTHY ONE. Mad props for going (almost, if not all) Sonic for the entire tournament.
Jband - I swear you have more swag every time I see you. Way to coach Nakat against __X__. Can't having LOF losing to any Sonics :cool:
Nakat - Basically same thing as I said for Jband. Good **** beating __X__, I have to teach you something next time I see you that'll make your time against Sonic waaay easier.
Vex - Random shoutout, CHIBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
_KiD_ - Yo pick up Sonic as that ICs counter though :awesome:
Riz - Nice to meet you, good talk downstairs in the food court.

Alex/Diem/Doom/Chibo/Fats/everyone else who helped even remotely with running the tournament- This was a great event. Maybe a few problems here and there concerning pools and the amount of time we had, but that's not particularly something that can be blamed on any one party. I had an amazing time and it was definitely the highlight of my smash career so far. Thank you guys so much.

Sorry if I forgot anybody, I'm tired as hell still from the weekend lol.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
This tournament was amazing. Although it could definitely have been run much much better the people i got to meet and play made up for it easily. Didn't make r2 pools by 1 match, but it was a good learning opportunity since the pressure in america is unlike anything i've ever been in for.

Terribly sick atm and haven't eaten in more than 24 hours so not feeling the best. Oh well, gotta get better before going back home, get at them 17 hour trips lol.

Shoutouts to my horrible accent and even worse hearing. Sorry if i annoyed people by not hearing what they were saying.

Alex Strife: Too bad it had to turn out like it did. I kind of knew it would happen and tried to be as cheerful as possible towards you. Don't let the haters bring you down man. <3

Vectorman: Yo man, your Yoshi/Roy are awesome, just like your personality :) Definitely someone I want to see again!
Tai: Why didn't we play? LOL
Shiz: Your style reminds me of playing Calle W, just getting into my head with sick reads and ****. Good stuff.
PB&J: Dude, we didn't play at all haha. Nice to meet you :)
pr0ject: Thank you so much for housing us. Really appreciated.
aisight: Hope the Death Note turned out well. Good stuff making it out of our pool even though i beat you lol
slox: We didn't play :(
Axe: Your pikachu is awesome! I love how the entire AZ community seemed like amazing guys, I'd definitely want to go there someday.
Pi: Good stuff beating me and thanks for the praise lol. Florida 2 good.
Colbol: You got off on me in our money match. Also telling stories with you, Hack and florida was awesome!
Gahtzu: Good ****. You're really good and cool to hang out with.
Mahone: GGs. You are awesome!
Niko: After being ***** by you at PC's i was expecting you to put in work. You did in pools, but it's a real shame that you got ****ed up by the pools being so small :(
OTG: Dude I love your personality and your Doc. Hope to see you again :)
T. Webb: Good fox dude!
Stricnyne: Your falco was surprisingly good, really impressed.
PP: Lol, next time I'll play you when you're not feeling down/having super cold hands.
Hbox: I got ***** man. Your puff is awesome.
Wobbles: You seemed like my soul mate for some reason, never met another guy with so many similar ideas before lol.
Admiral: Easily the best girl smasher i've ever played. Wobbles has taught you well :p
Abate: Your luigi is super good. Nice playing you.
Crush: :) <3
Kage: Lol at doing better with kirby than falcon. GGs.
Tarheelijks: Shame we didn't hang out much, i kinda just lost you after our teams set. Next time perhaps?
Violence: GGs in teams and it was cool going to the norcal room!
Darrell: GGs. Nice talking to you.
I.B: Yo i definitely wanted to play you again after getting 3 stocked at the hotel before apex. Next timeeeeeeeeeeeee
Idea: Good **** beating me, GGs.
prog: Dude, i love you lol. Easily one of the best personalities in the US community.
D1: We didn't talk or play but whenever i saw you i thought of Adam for some reason, lol.
Wake: We did pretty well in teams yo. Team again next time?
Shroomed: Nice to meet you :)
L: Nice to meet you as well!
Westballz: Stop ****** me so frekiang hard lol, awesome falco.
Tope: Ugh, i do want a rematch though rofl.
J666: Yo me and wake got really lucky vs you and stab in teams lol. Cool spending the monday with you :)
MLE: Hope i helped you learn some more swedish :)
Tafokintz: I thought i had your sheik downloaded after the first game in our mm, then you still beat me. GGs.
InternetExplorer: Mad thanks for housing us and helping me out when i was sick after the tournament. Definitely made the post-apex better even if i missed the sightseeing.
Jpeg: Nice hanging out even though you totally cursed me during my set vs aisight rofl
you're very good though, expecting good things from you in the future :)
Sensei: You surprised me in pools, after seeing you lose to everyone else i didn't expect you to be so good in dittos. GGs.
MattDotZeb: Lol teams money match. You seemed like a cool guy, shame we didn't hang out more.
Reno: GGs. Will not choke next time.
pewpewu: Nice meeting you in the norcal room on saturday night.
Weon-x: I got ***** lol. GGs.
Juggleguy: I did sincerely NOT expect you to be asian LOL.

Top Bottom