• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Shoutouts!!!

Keitaro - Thank you so much for being such a great host during my adventure to the East Coast. :bee: I look forward to flying out to your region's tourneys in the future. :cool: I wish we had a chance to play each other though....Fox vs Falco is one of my favorite MUs.

Nakat - I swear you are like MJG but with Fox. I learned a lot with patience watching some of your matches. I'm salty we never got go 1 v 1 with each other though...

JBandrew - You are amazing with any character you play. I hope my advice for playing Fox expands your arsenal of ownage. :cool:

Y.B.M. - It was my first time teaming up with a Kirby/ZSS so I didn't know what to expect. I liked what I experienced though :bee:. I'm sorry we didn't get as far in team bracket like we had hoped for. Maybe we can avenge ourselves and team up again in the future.

Dojo - Again we never got our money match...salt...

Ultimate Razer - Gah... Aggro Fox vs Aggro Snake money match will have to be another time...(again)....ugh.

Lee Martin - Good stuff to see you still play smash occasionally. I'm sorry we never got our money match in....I had to catch my flight back home...Maybe in the future if you or I come around?

Tyrant - Why so mean...? lol Just kidding. It was great seeing you again. We need to get our money match in next time though. Train up! ;)

Esam - Man, after watching you beast in that ICs ditto, I'm more hyped than ever to play either your Pikachu and/or ICs. Good stuff man!

ADHD - Glad to see the ZETON tag gave you some Z-Factor in some of your matches. Also our money match was....********. lol I had a blast. :cool: Maybe we can team sometime in the future.

Atmsk - I'm sorry that you so much bad luck at this tournament...I wish and hope that you will stick around the smash scene even with all the bs that happened here...:( If you figure out who the bad guys are that caused all this, let me know, and I'll upsmash them in real life for you. ;)

Old Man Grey - It was great fighting you in pools, and chatting with you for a bit. You're a pretty cool chill guy. :cool:

Zero - Great friendlies. I wish I could of had the chance to money match you as well. Your MK is FAST! :)

Kain - Time Rivals going in. I had a blast teaming up with you for the short time we had in friendlies. Our combos were hilarious and fun. We need to team in bracket sometime.

Ally - Ugh...We never got our money match...Oh the flip side though, it was awesome as hell to see you Snake in action again! It's my inspiration for my Fox. No joke. :cool:

Poyo - Your Kirby caught me off guard. I didn't know Kirby was capable of all the stuff you performed on me. I loved our set we had and hope to get friendlies with you in the future. :bee:

Smiley - You are pretty legit. It just seems you lack experience in most of the match ups you play, but that will come in time. I look forward to fighting you again. :cool:

Vermanubis - I'm sorry we never got a chance to play each other. I watched someone of your matches however and want to play you more than ever. We need to get our set in sometime in the future. :)

Morks - I'm happy to see that my advice helped you out some. Just keep practicing and you'll be top names in no time. Also your Yoshi is legit. :cool: See you in the future.

KassandraNova - I wouldn't worry about what or who you look like. People should like you for being you, so I wouldn't fret over that factor. :) See you next time.

Inui - It was great to see you and play some friendlies with you again. Your Wario has a good start, just need to be more patient with your attacks. Looking forward seeing your improved Wario later. :)

Hall - I never had to think twice where I stepped or ran to during a match with someone. There was a trap where ever I went. It was epic. I wanna play you more in the future. :)

Trevonte - I watched your set with Dojo in bracket. I think my Fox vs MK meta game knowledge leveled up like 10+ times. If you sit down with me with your vs MK meta game I'll tell you all you need to know about the CG or bs match ups? :cool:

Trump - Why are you always trump facing man? Lol. For real though it was great seeing you again. We should get some Fox ditto friendlies next time! :cool:

ED - Your Sheik is amazing
and hilarious
. I would love to play you more in the future (even though Fox vs Sheik is ...yeah.) I had a great time playing you. :)

Mr. R - You know...I think the fact I didn't know who you were when I money matched you better my chances since I had no pressure/fears fighting you lol. I see you have a Snake as well. I'd like to fight that too sometime.

K Prime - Glad to see you are starting to overcome your fears when playing in matches. Remember that you have nothing to lose in a match on a video game. If people drop you as fan/friend because you lose a match, they aren't really loyal people to be around. Your real fans/friends will be supporting you for who you are not what you are capable of. See you next time! :cool:

Cheer - I'm sorry you never had a chance to play me in friendlies. I actually need the ICs experience so I'm a bit salty as well (as crazy as that sounds). Oh well maybe another time.

M@v - I'm sorry we never had a chance to get some friendlies. I plan on traveling outside my region more so maybe we'll get a chance another time :)

Toronto Joe - Good work in pools. You shut down my Fox pretty good. We need to get some more matches in sometime. I think fighting a MK that used to play and/or knows how to play Fox would be good for me. :)

Dark Peach - You spelled my name wrong. Lol. But really props to you for not only keeping up with my Fox, but actually tiring ME out as well. Your a very fast, techincal Peach. Don't get so down on yourself over your loses though. You will learn and figure out a way to overcome them in time. :)

Ocean - I love your R.O.B. I discovered and pulled off some new tricks and gimmicks during our money match. Good stuff fighting M2k as well. I can't wait to fight you again. :cool:

Otori - I'm sad we never got a set in. To fight a Japanese Meta Knight is intriguing to me. :)

Karamity - Great to finally meet a Japanese Fox main. I'm sad we never got a set in though....next apex?

To all Japan players: Arigatou!

Ravenlord

Smash Apprentice
It's actually 100% false lol

I picked DDD game one, ***** him, game 2 wanted to warm up luigi for kakera's IC's but lost barely, then game 3 won with DDD on frigate, somebody told me it got cleared up though, but he took it offensive when it happened, I wasn't counterpicking him at all lol. He was only mad because he thought I was sandbagging vs him, which I actually wasn't and he almost beat me because I tried luigi.
Your character button was on Marth at game 1. Plus you were discussing for like 10 minutes with your partner which character you should pick. I felt like being counterpicked, I also told you that if you wanna counterpick me, I want a double blind pick. You answered that you don't want a double blind pick because you did not want to counterpick me, that's true. But it's also true that you tried to misfire me several times. :) "Spam misfire" is not true though.
It's okay though. I told you that I don't like you, it's just because you were a bit different from the others and I felt like you wanted to troll me with Luigi because of trying to misfire me several times. =) It was just a feeling of disrespect for me.
I was just pissed because of the things I've mentioned above and talked about them with Tekkie. I'm pretty sure that he misunderstood, because I never said that you were playing Marth (to anybody, and I've talked about those things with plenty of people). Just to clear things up. I don't want anybody to think that I'm a liar, neither you, nor Tekkie.

@Tekkie: I'm pretty sure that you misunderstood me. I wanted to tell you that his character button was on Marth, but he was still discussing with his partner.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
Shoutouts <33

I know im going to forget a **** load of awesome people and im sorry.. just know that yall **** and I cant wait to see all of yall again soon :D =^-^= FRIENDLIES?????????? Ill def be at least 20% better at both games :3

=^_^=

first shoutout goes to Alex Cristmas Prog D1 DM Doom and everyone else that made this amazingly dope tourney!!!!!!!! I love you guys<3

BRONEYS; Leafy Nite Strongbad Zant PL Golden Psycho Espy Kprime Mink Slush… I LOVE YOU GUYS SOO MUCH… the ultimate homies for sure… im so glad to have met all of you… GP, thank you so much for the Tea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kprime and Espy, Axe and I will def beat you next time.!!!!!!!!!!! SHOUTOUTS TO JOHN FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO MAKE IT  TOTALLY USED “JOHN!” AS MY TAG :3

Family; J666, Sung, Weston, Alex, Ivan, Quinny, Stabby.. yall already know! Thanks Quinny for picking me up<3 yall ****!!!!<333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

My AZ family; Timmy, thank you so much for housing Jesson Weston and I we really appreciate it, I know you didn’t have to.. <3 Axe Tai; Bestie thank you for all the gifts and for getting me to enter!! you rock! and Twinny<33333333333333

Lucas aka Zoler; You rock! Im glad we got to hang out again you are def one of my best friends in the community! AIM ASAP PLZ

Hack; Story Time was AMAZING!!! You are so easy to get along with! Plz come back asap! Also thanks for the Swedish lessons!

Armada; good job in being THE BEST IN THE WORLD NO JOHNS!! Conversations with you are always so awesome I always feel like I have 100% of your attention when we speak. Thank you so much!

Rocky; thanks for teaching me Swedish! I got this!!!

LEFFEN; :D

Hungrybox; good**** in 2nd :D

Javi; jajaja estoy muy feliz que usted gano 4 lugar en su primer vesita en USA! Felizidades eres una persona bien amavle

DrPeePee; YOU ARE AMAZING!

Kirby Kaze; really nice meeting you, you are a really nice guy ^_^ good job in getting 5th

DaJuan; you ****

Lovage; sorry I cheered against you vs javi

MacD; <33

Wobbles and Admiral; nice seeing you again Wobbles and Admiral it was really nice meeting you! Your IC are amazing! I was very impressed!! :3

Unknown522; nice meeting you

Sfat, Zhu, PewPewU, Isai, Alan, Vanessa; WEST COAST F***IN *****

Old Man Grey; it always nice too see you again!!! Sweet hair as always

KoreanDJ; nice meeting you, you are really nice!

Mew2King; you got this next tourney ^_^

Darc; good job in beating Axe you are really good, it was nice to finally meet you

IB; I love your marth ! its so good!

Ice; nice meeting you, wish you went more marth tho :/

Kage; Baldie<3

Linguini; Nice meeting you, your ganon is really good!!!!!!!!!! :o

Crush; you are the cutest!

Insanecrazyguy; you are sooooo funny!!!! LOL and so awesome !

ChainAce; Thank you for the ride you are soo dope!

Smelly Cat; your house is perfect for smashfest and stuff!!! Thursday was FUN!

Alukard; good **** In MVC and carring DJN!

Djn! Good job in getting carried

G$; HOMIE

Doll; <333333 you are the sweetest im so glad I met you ! =^_^=

Darrell; you already know

Washington; yall are so ****, hopefully I can go to your tourney !!!!!

Andy&JPG; good **** in rep’ing Vegas

Bing; FRIENDLIES FOSHO :3

Hyuga;<3

Rich Brown; nice meeting you hope we get to play brawl back in socal

Larry Lurr&Unknown;<3

Mike Tyrant and Laurel; <33

ESAM; PIKA PII ^_^ thank you for the gifts... means alot :3

Special shoutout to HaileyM for the awesome bracelets <3333333333333

SPECIAL SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO THE HOMIE ATLUS; im so sad you didn’t come with us to apex it would have been at least 20%cooler. Thank you for paying so much $$$ to bring Javi to apex!!!!! You rock miguelito <3

Palpi

Smash Hero
Shoutouts!!

Palpi - my coats zipper got stuck on your coats zipper? lol
Bing - Gg's man. Friendlies were fun, congrats on stepping it up in pools. Maybe we'll play again sometime.
TastyGoldfish - Nice meeting you, you really rep'd it up for Canada ;)
Armada - Congratulations man! I'm sorry we never got to play, but I could only be there for the first day :(
Dr. PP - Next time man, I swear we're gonna get that MM in. ****'s gonna be on the stream.
Kage - So long? Haha, nah. You'll be back someday :p
Some dude who was on the friendly tv w/ me and bing who had a crazy long name (played falco) -- Fun friendlies, sorry I countered you so much :p
StrongBad - Nice meeting you and gg's in pools. That cargo suicide stuff is mad dirty. haha. Do you know who recorded our pools?
HBK -- nobody gives you props for playing with the "claw" :(
Zoso - Best video montage face ever :p
Alex Strife - Awesome sized tournament man, dig the venue (wish the regulated the temperature better) sorry I couldn't stay past the first day.
my coat is WAY cooler

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
this right here.

everyone complains about japan being better then us, but then u root them on when they are fighting one of our best?

yea, let's bash players for rooting for whomever they want for whatever reason they want.

that'll be fun.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Before I get to shouts, I would like to apologize to Hylian and America for shaming myself in All-Brawl sudden death against Mr-R. I must commit sodoku to redeem myself for my shameful failure. :glare:

Shoutouts:
Biddy: You were really sincere and I'm glad to know you had a blast at Apex. I'm glad I help and it was great to meet you. Hope you make it to the next major tourney.

Doll666: You're always so cheery. It was a pleasure just to meet you again!

Fyre: Wohman, though you may have escaped my anger and fury this time, I'll be keeping a close eye to capture your next failure. It was great to meet my determined apprentice though. Also...West Coast!

Hall: Even though I only met for about the short span we spent at the hotel, you were a really nice and hilarious guy. It was great rooming with you but I hope the 5 time formerly defeated rock, paper, scissors champion gets his revenge back.

Havok: It was nice to see you again but I'm sadden that we didn't get to play that set I've always wanted.

MikeHAZE: It was great to met you and have you signed me shirt.

Morks: It was fun playing you in pools, That Yoshi/G&W match was hype.

Oats: As you greatly helped me get to Genesis 2, I'm glad I helped with at least room. It's a blast talking with you. Just hope you didn't catch anything when you went clubbing. :laugh:

Tearbear and Zekey: It was a godsend that we had the same flight as I didn't how to get to the venue and all that. It was great hanging out with you guys and it was great rooming with you guys. Also, I'm glad you found your wallet.

tekkie: It was great to meet you again though shame the rest of NM didn't make it. I had fun playing you and that was a nice Wolf.

Tyrant: Why do you keep forgetting my name? :(

Ussi: It was fun teaming up even though we didn't make it. Thanks again for teaming with me.

Walker: As with tekkie, it was great to see a familiar face. Too bad we didn't play any friendlies.

Zeton: Boy, did you whoop me bad. It was still great to play you and give me critique and advice for my characters. You were a really cool guy and I hope we can play each other again.

I would also like to give special thanks to all those who signed my shirt:

Ussi
Biddy
Doll666
Golden Psycho
Tearbear
Vermanubis
DLA
Jamntoast
Vinnie
Zeton
Dien
Will
Goyt
Fyre
mikeHAZE
Laurel
Havok
Bionic
Zekey
Hall
Tekkie
Ally
Dark.Pch
Tyrant
Alex Strife
Oats
Rain
Karamity
Nysyarc

If I forgot anyone, my apologies but my memory's bad. To all those who I played friendlies with, GGs, I had fun. See you all soon...hopefully!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
yea, let's bash players for rooting for whomever they want for whatever reason they want.

that'll be fun.
sorry, i was looking at the situation from a competitive stand point.

i was just so shocked that so many people knew/liked OCEAN enough to root him on against our own players.....

i was also shocked that those same people got salty that japan won Apex.

it just seems a lil contradicting

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Salty in what way? I'm hearing a lot of "we have to get better than Japan" but no "Japan didn't deserve to win".

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
^ are u serious right now?

have u not seen almost EVERYONE saying they want salty runbacks?

or that EVERYONE wants to go to Japan in August for that big national?

im sure Japan has had ALOT more nationals that not many americans have made a big deal about going to... but its funny how everyone wants to go now.

hmmmmm.... sounds like sodium to me.

salty doesnt mean someone saying " Japan didnt deserve to win"

u can be upset they won, even if u know they played well. Thats just how people are.

Im sure people were Salty that LSU lost to Alabama, but everyone knows Alabama played good as hell.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see the issue, here. Would it have been better if Japan lost, therefore we don't want revenge and have less motivation to make it out to Sun Rise Tournament? Like, yeah, people cheered for Japan, and Japan won, and people want their rematch, but I don't see how any of that contradicts itself.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
^ are u serious right now?

have u not seen almost EVERYONE saying they want salty runbacks?

or that EVERYONE wants to go to Japan in August for that big national?

im sure Japan has had ALOT more nationals that not many americans have made a big deal about going to... but its funny how everyone wants to go now.

hmmmmm.... sounds like sodium to me.

salty doesnt mean someone saying " Japan didnt deserve to win"

u can be upset they won, even if u know they played well. Thats just how people are.

Im sure people were Salty that LSU lost to Alabama, but everyone knows Alabama played good as hell.
Were you at the tournament? Most people were happy/impressed/awed with the japanese winning.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Were you at the tournament? Most people were happy/impressed/awed with the japanese winning.
Smashboards and Facebook tell a different story.

maybe the lost just needed to settle i guess.

@ sight- All im saying is its weird that people were so in love with OCEAN enough to root on them against one of our best players, but then have different opinions when the japanese won Apex. if ur not seeing the same post on smashboards as I about the matter, then you wont understand and we can drop it.

It's like me playing peach in melee, and rooting Armada on vs Dr.peepee ( whom lives in my state) but then get mad that Europe took home the gold.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Smashboards and Facebook tell a different story.

maybe the lost just needed to settle i guess.

@ sight- All im saying is its weird that people were so in love with OCEAN enough to root on them against one of our best players, but then have different opinions when the japanese won Apex. if ur not seeing the same post on smashboards as I about the matter, then you wont understand and we can drop it.

It's like me playing peach in melee, and rooting Armada on vs Dr.peepee ( whom lives in my state) but then get mad that Europe took home the gold.
People aren't getting mad, you are just misinterpreting posts. The vast majority of the people at apex were excited that the japanese won from what I could tell.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It was also a ROB player and no ROB in the history of the North American scene has come close to beating M2K in a match, let alone a set. It was hype, + a lot of people don't like Jason because whenever he gets put in a pressure situation he plays like a ****** and has invented/exploited a lot of things about the game that ended up making people want to ban MK. I guarantee you that if every MK played more like Nairo/kakera/Otori nobody would be *****ing about the ban. They were ****ing amazing and hell yeah I want another shot to beat them (Although Japan is mad pricey, so **** that). Am I salty I lost to them? Hell no! I got outplayed by both of them because they are the 2 best players I have ever played ever and they deserved to win. You have to remember that, as I mentioned earlier, people just don't like M2K. I was rooting for him, but I definitely wasn't sad that he lost because it was still a good match/interesting outcome.

The reason no American's EVER held interest in going to Japan is because their tournaments don't have money prizes: It is more for rankings/honor. American's don't care enough about honor to go there, spend a crap-ton of money with 0 potential monetary gain, knowing that EVERYTHING you spend puts you negative for the trip. We don't have as much honor when we play as the japanese, hence our "Play to win" attitude. Any time I saw a japanese MK (Otori/kakera/Rain) on the ledge is because it wasn't safe to go on, not because they were trying to time them out. M2K tried to time out Ocean, he DID time out Z (twice), and he has timed out numerous people over the course of Brawl's career.

So please, actually know what you are talking about before you start spouting ****. THere are obviously SOME people that are salty, but they are probably mid-level players who don't have a chance at beating them anyway. I know most of the top players are more "Damn I wanna play them again" not "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY BEAT ME I'MA **** EM UP"

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What Esam said 100%. I myself wasn't rooting for Ocean, but there should be no surprise that most were rooting against M2K. If it was Ally I'm sure it would be a different story.

JTsm

Smash Master
Which would you rather deal with? M2K or Otori?

I'd choose Otori a million and one times.
That's basically saying," You want to die quick and painless or die very slow and painfully?" :awesome:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes it does. If you lose to Otori, it meant that you were sitting next to Otori while losing.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Next APEX I'm taking "balancing **** on your nose" $MMs. Practice up scrubs.

Tony T

Smash Ace
I'm neutral when it came to that match but when I heard ocean took game one from M2K I already predicted who was winning the set hence why I was not over there rooting for either of them. I'm not getting beat up for taking sides lol.

:phone:

Top Bottom