• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
People are just like that. Can't be helped. Some will step up, most won't think of it. That's the world.

Bing

Smash Master
Its fine if people dont want to step up, but its another thing for people to be so crucial and cynical of someone who put their heart into something for others, over 1400 people attended, thousand more watched the livestream. Where you at nay-sayers?

steep

Smash Lord
I'll do shoutouts soon. Been really busy with trumpet these last few days. Apex was really fun though! Shoutouts later, as I said.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
I cant believe how critical people are being. I didnt see many people stepping up to help, you can all point fingers and *****. But dont throw stones from a glass house, to anyone who was at event, and are currently complaining about scheduling, its partly there(the to's) and our fault.

****ing Ridiculous
Many people stepped up and helped the T.O.'s when prompted, however, there was only so much help we were allowed to. Which made us standby and watch as we were not allowed to assist in the helping of fixing everything (and if you're going to say we could have all helped by listening and not playing friendlies shut the **** up. That's stupid.) JS. A lot of things could have been done but weren't and I give full credit to those who managed to keep the event together like DM Brandon, Doom, Pierce7d (a.k.a 7 ****s. lol jk you mah *****). Alex Strife has my support for the work he did which was great but he basically built a sandcastle that the other three (plus anyone else who helped) were working hard to hold together to not let fall.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Alex Strife - Thanks for putting on such a cool event. Props for handling the mayhem as well as you did.
DMBrandon - Thanks for the cookie
Dazwa - Feel better dude, fun hanging out with you again.
FullMetal - Good seeing you again. Nice work keeping up with this one.
Hyuga - Didn't talk to you but like once. Good **** running the bracket. Come back to P:M sometime!
Random other staff peeps - All of you I talked to were super cool.
Armada - Congratz on the wins. Very impressive to watch in person.
Hbox - Nice meeting you finally. Well done.
Mango - You seem like a cool guy. Should have introduced myself, but whatevs.
Javi - Congratz on the cinderella story. Very impressive.
PP - Next time, bro. Ya done good.
KirbyKaze - Fun times at Qdoba.
L0Zr/Trevor/DOP/Cam/Smith/Ph00t/Tac - Good **** this weekend. Next time we make the rest of NC come with regardless.
Stingers/Jim - Fun weekend, bros.
JV/Bobby - Nostalgia! Thanks for being there and catching up. Fun times Saturday night and Sunday watching teams.
samox - Your movie is looking very impressive and I wish you continued success. Glad I could help you out with old timey Smash stories. Can't wait to see the finished product!
Colbol/Linguini - Nice meeting you and hanging out in our hotel room. You both are mad cool.
Tope/Azen/Chillin/Cyrain/Redd - Nice seeing you all again, good times in the hotel room.
Sage/mers/Doll/somebody else up there I forgot your name - Pleasure meeting you all. Always fun hanging out with MDVA.
Chudat - Great to see you again, as always.
Isai - Ditto
Captain Jack - I'm honored to have finally met you and gotten a chance to talk to you. Thanks again.
Strong_Bad - Nice to meet you in person. Sorry we didn't get to play anything at all.
KevinM - BROOMERS4EVER!!!! Good seeing you and hanging out.
Voodoo - Yo, we should hang out more. Raleigh isn't that far away.
Max - Good **** gaming the system. Hope to see you at a Legionfest soon.
Cactuar - y u so good? Fun times on Sunday. Ditto on the Legionfest thing.
Dogy - Glad to finally talk to you in person. You're mad chill.
Prog - Good **** in spades, and on that Qdoba run.
DOH - Ditto on spades. Good to see you again so quickly. See you again at something in DC I hope.
My spades partner - Way to rock that ****.
Everybody else - I really enjoyed meeting each and every one of you, and had an absolute blast being at this tournament. As one of the earlier members of the tournament scene, I'm still so amazed to see what has become of competitive Smash, and I hope you all enjoy it as much as I still do. We all play our parts to make this community what it is, and everybody should be thankful for that.

Bing

Smash Master

Many people stepped up and helped the T.O.'s when prompted, however, there was only so much help we were allowed to. Which made us standby and watch as we were not allowed to assist in the helping of fixing everything (and if you're going to say we could have all helped by listening and not playing friendlies shut the **** up. That's stupid.) JS. A lot of things could have been done but weren't and I give full credit to those who managed to keep the event together like DM Brandon, Doom, Pierce7d (a.k.a 7 ****s. lol jk you mah *****). Alex Strife has my support for the work he did which was great but he basically built a sandcastle that the other three (plus anyone else who helped) were working hard to hold together to not let fall.

And Im simply saying that yes thats great you are giving Alex credit and the rest of the staff. Thats great that you wanted to help. Im not disputing anything of that sort. Its just that I cant stand how people can be so critical towards him and the staff, the ones who are being negative. And yes, people can play friendlies, but so many times he was begging people to get off the setups so the event could proceed, which isnt right. I agree things could have been different, but thats life. Basically, Im trying to get the point across that saying the event was run terribly is just being an *******, tips and suggestions are one things, but its a different thing entirely to just be a **** about it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
shoutouts to shouenkel for making dthrow reverse fair a legit combo for ganon on peach. those games were hella fun. maybe one day i'll visit you and we'll team.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so Imma do shoutouts now :D

Axe: You're hella legit, and funny, it was awesome meeting you, friendlies next time we meet okay?
Vman: Same as Axe, I loved your giant yoshi, did you ever get it back? Also, I challenge you to Yoshi dittos!
Tai: Dear Gohan, you're a cool guy, even when you drag TG and Axe out of our room because you want to pull and all nighter just to crash in the lobby. <- Win.
PewPewU: You still owe me friendlies, and just sayin, you're like, my favourite Marth, keep it up and congratz on making bracket.
Shroomed: Glad my directions got you to your bracket match on time, thanks for being gentle in the **** that is our pools match.
Tarheel: I really enjoyed our friendlies, keep up the ITT tourneys!
Plup: Samus is really legit, I enjoyed our friendlies :)
HungryBox: Rawr, congratz on 2nd place, your light shows and stories were hilarious, especially at 4am. It was great meeting you, truly changed what I thought about you.
UltimaScout: Amazing friendlies, your Link is awesome :) TEACH ME. I probably played the most friendlies with you XD
Hack: You never taught me how to play Kirby.. you just ***** me in dittos...
Armada: Never spoke with you, but congratz on another win.
Amsah: Hung out for like 20 minutes XD You seem like such a friendly, happy-go-lucky guy :) When I go back to Amsterdam, friendlies for sure :D
Ice: Why did we walk into that random persons room? LMFAO
DrPP: FORWARD SMASH. Hilarious friendlies, I didnt picture you to be that type of person XD
Kage: Pleasure to see you as always, good luck with the fighting thing, show that true warrior spirit!
KirbyKaze: David, congratz on 5th, I knew you could do it, and even better. Also, this tournament was the first time you ever gave me a hug :) Also, Teach me how to combo with Sheik :D
Unknown: So. Legit. I watched a few of your sets, my god you ****. Congratz on 9th, you also did better then I thought :D
I.B: I had you pegged for 13th, but still, you made it far, congratz buddy. Your Marth is ****, amazing friendlies :)
Idea: I know you would have liked to make Bracket, but you got death pooled in round 2 XD
Riddlebox: Dang, I thought you could have made it further, oh well, we all have bad days. Better luck next time, glad you found your passport and jacket :)
TastyGoldfish: Love youuuu <3 Way to take them stocks off Armada, best Samus in Canada :D
Weon-X: Camilio! Good **** :D Way to knock out Kage >:)
YRSF Tinman: My homie, love you. You better make Bracket next time! Also, loved the horse mask and underwear ;)
Doll666: It was lovely meeting you, just saying, I dont play brawl... Melee for life! So dont change my like... 0-4 record in pools XD Friendlies next time?
Lupe: Haha fun time, you're a nice guy, keep improving and having Captain Jack in your room!

To Anyone I missed Im sorry and to everyone else I played, I hope you had as much fun as I did :D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
shoutouts to America cheering for japan against me a 2nd time
I would have originally sympathised with you, But I'm english and therefore i had no country bias, I'm 50% r.o.b main so i wanted OCEAN to win for that, It's also boring as **** to watch mk time out a character who doesnt really need to be timed out.
You're famous for being the best, no-one except legit fans want the best to win, everyone oln the fence wants the underdog, and there were people cheering 'USA' so you cant complain that hard

Mink for new favorite smasher of the year award.

I'mokaywiththis.jpg
Yopu are a cool guy, I imagined you to be really tall though, i god proper caught out when i saw i towered over you XD

so im reading alot of people got sick at this

we should find out who did it and write htem a nasty email coated with anthrax or something
I second this, I also got ill here, Although it honestly doesnt bother me much, its annoying to keep sniffling

I will honestly do shoutouts when i get home, so on sunday/monday!

tekkie

Smash Master
Many people stepped up and helped the T.O.'s when prompted, however, there was only so much help we were allowed to.

i played the last match in my R1 pool, after that the other guy left and i realized i was left there with a mostly unfilled R1 sheet since everyone else in my pool had taken off and we didn't have a ref :awesome: filled that **** out and handed it in and they got someone else on that tv. then i went to go play friendlies with mr. r on an unused tv :awesome:

it's not hard to be useful when you need to, and i'll totally admit i played plenty of friendlies on abandoned/forgotten back-corner-facing-the-wrong-way setups, and whenever they decided to use those for tournament my opponents and i abandoned ship immediately while they organized the players. no **** about "this is a best of 41 money match" or anything.

bottom line, i helped make sure the part of the tournament i was in ran smoothly and i still managed to get in plenty of friendlies that weren't intrusive. those combined made the overall tournament experience awesome.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Those people saying "but this is a money match" were killing me. Money matches should never take precidence over tournament matches. Even for side events.

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Rep ever showed up for this?

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
There was only one real problem with this Apex........

NO BOWSER REPS!

I know there are few of us, but it's still sad that not even a single Bowser main made it to Apex. We need to launch a full-scale invasion of the next national or something, lol.
I went all Bowser in round one pools and just barely missed getting first seed. SFAT beat me last game, last stock. It was fun playing Bowser in tournament after not doing it for so long.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
Those people saying "but this is a money match" were killing me. Money matches should never take precidence over tournament matches. Even for side events.

Does anyone know if the Nintendo Rep ever showed up for this?
wow at the mm thing and nope no nintendo rep.

M@v

Subarashii!
Mink next time I see you, you owe me a quarter.

Low ballin' me with 1.75 instead of 2 dollars on that mm ;D

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
wtf bing i house you and dont even get a shoutout? ;)

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
And Im simply saying that yes thats great you are giving Alex credit and the rest of the staff. Thats great that you wanted to help. Im not disputing anything of that sort. Its just that I cant stand how people can be so critical towards him and the staff, the ones who are being negative. And yes, people can play friendlies, but so many times he was begging people to get off the setups so the event could proceed, which isnt right. I agree things could have been different, but thats life. Basically, Im trying to get the point across that saying the event was run terribly is just being an *******, tips and suggestions are one things, but its a different thing entirely to just be a **** about it.
agreed. Those thirsty *** *****s playing money matches all day just ruined it. The t.o.s did what they could and i applaud most of them. Friendlies shouldnt be so frowned upon just moved. Only if the players refuse to move should they be DQ'd

Coney

Smash Master
Fun Fact: Ootori's name means 'Big Chicken'

I assume it's Ootori due to the long O over his tag
lmfao, i was wondering. when i looked it up, i think otori meant "decoy" and kakera meant "fragment" or "shard"

not sure if brood is blood or actually brood but w/e w/e, my guess is brood tho since it's apparently a long O rather than a U sound

before my bracket match with otori, i found out "coney" in japanese is "koni", so that was my tag

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
@ Alex: Stop being ridiculous. People complain all the time. You did well. You have done so much for our community and none of this would have been possible without you and your staff. Stop this apologetic thing. You did great and anyone who isnt proud to have you in our community needs to be slapped in the face. Theres changes that couldve been made, but the intention was pure and this event definitely took us somewhere.

Im sure there are tons of smashers who have a renewed vigor in this game all thanks to this event. I know I do. I know ADHD is thinking about going to Sunrise. So is DEHF, Kevin Magic Johnson, and myself. If you truly cant see what you've accomplished then that sucks. really really bad. But you definitely achieved something, and now its time to do yourself one better.

keep up the work Mr. Strife and thank you for my greatest Brawl experience thus far.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
a improvement to the Apex series is food. seriously can't handle 3 days of subway oh my god lol, after apex (again) i never ever wanna eat Subway sandwiches for a long *** time. lul

but seriously though, fun event.

Shoutouts to Diem and Max for seriously GOING IN on the TOing, esp Max, during Saturday, that man was doing the UTMOST i swear. <3

Player-3

Smash Hero
a improvement to the Apex series is food. seriously can't handle 3 days of subway oh my god lol, after apex (again) i never ever wanna eat Subway sandwiches for a long *** time. lul

Shoutouts to Diem and Max for seriously GOING IN on the TOing, esp Max, during Saturday, that man was doing the UTMOST i swear. <3
walk 2 minutes down the street to the grease trucks derp

Luigisama

Smash Champion

que te pasa hombre? idk I liked 3 days of subway and gatorade.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Also a biiiiiiiiiig shoutout to Codi for being awesome and coming with me/hack to the Hyatt on Thursday night. <3 ya mate.

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!!

Palpi - my coats zipper got stuck on your coats zipper? lol
Bing - Gg's man. Friendlies were fun, congrats on stepping it up in pools. Maybe we'll play again sometime.
TastyGoldfish - Nice meeting you, you really rep'd it up for Canada ;)
Armada - Congratulations man! I'm sorry we never got to play, but I could only be there for the first day :(
Dr. PP - Next time man, I swear we're gonna get that MM in. ****'s gonna be on the stream.
Kage - So long? Haha, nah. You'll be back someday :p
Some dude who was on the friendly tv w/ me and bing who had a crazy long name (played falco) -- Fun friendlies, sorry I countered you so much :p
StrongBad - Nice meeting you and gg's in pools. That cargo suicide stuff is mad dirty. haha. Do you know who recorded our pools?
HBK -- nobody gives you props for playing with the "claw" :(
Zoso - Best video montage face ever :p
Alex Strife - Awesome sized tournament man, dig the venue (wish the regulated the temperature better) sorry I couldn't stay past the first day.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Pool Shoutouts:

HolyNightmare - Wish I was able to give you a better fight :/

Mampam - Was kind of disappointed you went Snake but hey, my fault for not being prepared. Imma get better for next time.

Jarvitz - It was nice meeting you, hopefully I see you again sometime before the next Apex since we're both in PA :p

Mustache Cash Stash - I knew nothing about you before Apex and was worried abut playing you. ggs though, you can definitely get somewhere with more practice :]

Shoutouts:

Alex Strife - Not sure if you'll see this but thank you for doing this for the community. I remember back when Apex 2010 was the first tournament I attended and I had such an amazing time and same goes for this one. I really don't think you should leave the community after this. You can do so much for it and it's a shame to see you leaving. Please reconsider this, and thanks again. :]

Everyone involved with Apex - Thanks for hosting an anazing tourney. You guys put so much work into this. The lack of setups was something I noticed and some scheduling problems were troublesome but other than that I had a great time. Can't wait for next year! :D

Luigi Sama - Thanks for letting me stay over Wednesday night and Monday morning. Playing mario party and stuff was fun. The miscommunication about when you guys needed to be home was a bit annoying but I guess it worked out in the end. Those shoryukens in pools lol

Deltacod - Thanks for letting me stay over for the weekend. I wish we had more time to play some more matches and that Dokapon game but I guess getting back every night at like 3am couldn't be helped. Can't wait to stay over again :awesome:

SnackAttack - WEOW UR SUCH A BAD KID THO. Also way to be with your Wario because people are too free for your Pit :awesome:

Viva - lmao ggs in yugioh. Good seeing you again, have fun with your six sam mat signed by the Japanese players xD

Dark.Pch - Good **** making bracket. I told you you could do it :D

shoutouts to all of the people I had to drive

shoutouts to NJ/NY roads for keeping me company this whole weekend

shoutouts to me playing more yugioh than smash at an international smash tournament

shoutouts to me still being free

Top Bottom