• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
There was only one real problem with this Apex........

NO BOWSER REPS!

I know there are few of us, but it's still sad that not even a single Bowser main made it to Apex. We need to launch a full-scale invasion of the next national or something, lol.
Pleeeeeeeeease. Even if a bowser main went, they wouldn't make it past R1 pools.

cool hat you look soooooooooooooooooooooo cool

Shoutouts to iPresea~ for taking this swag as **** picture.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
It's actually 100% false lol

I picked DDD game one, ***** him, game 2 wanted to warm up luigi for kakera's IC's but lost barely, then game 3 won with DDD on frigate, somebody told me it got cleared up though, but he took it offensive when it happened, I wasn't counterpicking him at all lol. He was only mad because he thought I was sandbagging vs him, which I actually wasn't and he almost beat me because I tried luigi.
It doesn't even matter, I just thought it was funny.
Do whatever you gotta do, it's Apex.

Play to win.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Pleeeeeeeeease. Even if a bowser main went, they wouldn't make it past R1 pools.
So? A lot of good players didn't make it out of pools. The important thing would be us being there, reppin' our character, and getting valuable experience against an international field of players.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
So? A lot of good players didn't make it out of pools. The important thing would be us being there, reppin' our character, and getting valuable experience against an international field of players.
nima idk if you realize but your on that top 5 boswer thing official now. also no.. you still in the greek village bro?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Wobbles: You seemed like my soul mate for some reason, never met another guy with so many similar ideas before lol.
Meep: Easily the best girl smasher i've ever played. Wobbles has taught you well :p
GGs sir.

And her SWF name is Admiral actually, Meep is a different IC player IIRC (and also a dude)

z00ted

please dont post that picture on every other page

z00ted

I thought so for a while, but OK Computer or Skinny Fists are too good.

Hmm shoutouts in a second, gotta find the list of everyone who attended.

NOPE sorry loveless is the best by far :pimp:

lift yr skinny fists is really great but i dont think it's even godspeed's best album..

do you have a last.fm or something?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
And yet you leave out that 7-16 did only have 2 Mks...

That results completely show that MK isnt banworthy LOOOOL.

You dont know the definition of, and probably never saw a banworthy character ;)

Dont be silly Xyro, get better scrub.
the ****? why does 7-16 matter? lmao

NNID
MasterHavik
Brawl and Meele getting a better turnout than UMvC3 and Sf? Now we know this is a smash event, but damn....that's kind of sad that two old games pulled better numbers than newer and cooler games. Any videos of the pokemon matches?

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
This tourney was a blast! (outside of having no chance to play friendlies and MMs...) lol. Really wanted to play more players outside the Midwest...ah well, just means I need to fly out to more east / west w/e there's a tourney. :) It was quite the adventure going out of my own region (somewhat dangerous at times too...).

Also, who was responsible for recording all the mms near the back of the venue? I'd like to have my set vs Mr. R uploaded please :)

Shoutouts later

spanktastik

Smash Rookie
Gotta love the power of democracy authorizing some random scrubs who think they can play to butcher the whole competitive playfield, thus removing any chance to improve the game in the future. How are you gonna face top MK's if you never fight them in tourneys??

What will you do next america if Olimar or name any character takes over the emptiness left by MK, ban??? Ban olimar?

Most funny is that you got rocked by japan who basically are telling you get better and cry less, a superior metagame highlighted the ignorance of the MK ban, it is a carebear action to make baddies like Xyro feel better. In Japan they don't consider MK broken at all....

Yeah I'm just an amateur who enjoys watching good matches, I fear I wont see any of those anymore after this horrible course of action.

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Mixed feelings about the tournament as a whole

Melee
Javi *****, inspired me to be more technically consistent. I enjoyed watching GFs it must have been incredibly taxing mentally to the players especially since it went to the second set, I think that this tournament was the best Hungrybox has EVER played it was SO amazing (beautiful edgeguards, reads, tomahawks). Same could also be said for Armada and even as a spectator I felt despair whenever he knocked someone off stage because they were basically not going to make it back.

Other Fighting Games
Holy...those games were run badly. I feel sorry for whoever had to experience that as their first tournament since this was an evo qualifier. Very disorganized and there were just not nearly enough setups for the amount of entrants. I know my friend had played his first winners game and then the next game came six hours later. J666 and I played a 32 man double elimination for Mortal Kombat on 3 setups (which were laggy).

Community
I can't believe the melee community. I can't believe the some of yall that demands respect from other fighters when you can't respect theirs. "Was Street Fighter always this campy?" "MK takes no skill" and a whole slew of "You can't get hyped for Brawl that's impossible." How can half the room walk out before Hbox and Armada plays GFs, when they worked so hard to get there.

Organization, How it was run
Nothing was on schedule. They were way too lenient with the DQs, if someone is sleeping when they are supposed to play a match, DQ them straight up. I had to leave before the end of brawl grand finals but apparently the brawl USA vs the world did not happen either due to time constraints. It was annoying to hear Strife on the mic after almost every set in melee to get us "hyped" just let the people play their sets.
The other fighting games had it so bad...where they were literally YELLING/SCREAMING into the mic for people to play their matches. No numbered TVs, people not knowing who they're playing next, where was absolutely not enough setups for tournament and friendly play. Players were told just to "find a free TV and play there."

Other stuff
So the actual matches played were amazing and top level of course. The tournament itself could have done a lot better, anyway I had more to say but I forgot so bye.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Shoutouts to Leap of Faith my crew =]!

Shoutouts to all my black people in the venue generating the HYPE!

Shoutouts to WC and International players.

Shoutouts to the BEAST COAST!

I made it to bracket with Fox at the hardest tournament ever ran. Can't say I am not proud of myself :D! I've come a long way since the release of brawl. Went from a random who could hardly play the game to a very high level player ^_^. Next up is becoming a top player!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'd like to give a shoutout to all the peoples I played. I'm mostly doing character board shoutouts since it's alot easier.

To Alex Strife: You're ****ing amazing. Yes, the tournament was behind but it's to be expected when you have almost 1000 people in one venue for mad events like that and the important things that you needed to run it smoothly fell through. You still got all the important stuff finished and gave everyone the time of their life. I, for one am grateful for your hard work, along with Brandon (dmbrandon) and Max's (juice.Doom). Don't leave the community because of some ungrateful *******s that want to whine and complain even though they are completely unable to run a local in their basement. So in closing, thank you for hosting and giving me the opportunity to attend the BEST tournament of my life and having one the most memorable weekends ever. Thank you.

Tron Cat

Smash Rookie
Stop crying urrbody

Apex was a fun event in total. Even though I didn't make it out of round 1 pools (**** you Mr. R [j.k. you're pretty chill]) I still had a lot of fun playing all kinds of people. I didn't like how playing friendlies felt like smoking weed, whereas, if you could get away with it, it's fun and it's all good and you're doing no harm as opposed to if you get caught where the consequences are fatal and could result in you wasting your time just trying to practice the game you came here to play. HOWEVER, I'm sure that the T.O's felt at least somewhat bad about constantly kicking those players who didn't really get a chance to play, off of the TV's. We were promised set ups that would be friendlies only. Obviously somebody (not pointing fingers but I know who it was) messed up pretty big on that one considering that everyone else was just sitting there until whatever in the morning because they were too scared to play a game that some people paid 400+ dollars to come play. *shrugs* Idk, just felt like a lot of things could have been done better, but in total I give credit to all of the T.O.'s who worked hella hard to try to shape **** up in the face of trouble and not break down and give up and let it all go to hell cause in reality, if it weren't for those friendlies being called off, we prolly would have been there all night working like slaves rather than playing smash. YA FEEL ME

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Apex 2012. It'll be known for something, but not much outside of the results rofl. Good job, Japan. You guys *****. Europe...eh, good job I guess. No johns. A win is a win, right?

On a more important irrelevant note, Hyatt hotel sucked. Crappy TVs and $13 for breakfast, lool. Eff dat. The car rides and balcony parties were hype as hell.

If I can recall, the best group we had out there was like: Smith, Shiz, Linguini, Jman, Cam(Zaatar), Dop, myself and two other people I can't "remember". While Adam(LoZR), Yeroc, Hbox, and TS3D(Trevor) chilled in the room/hit the bar. > Apex

Also, this:

Apex was a fun event in total. Even though I didn't make it out of round 1 pools (**** you Mr. R [j.k. you're pretty chill]) I still had a lot of fun playing all kinds of people. I didn't like how playing friendlies felt like smoking weed, whereas, if you could get away with it, it's fun and it's all good and you're doing no harm as opposed to if you get caught where the consequences are fatal and could result in you wasting your time just trying to practice the game you came here to play. HOWEVER, I'm sure that the T.O's felt at least somewhat bad about constantly kicking those players who didn't really get a chance to play, off of the TV's. We were promised set ups that would be friendlies only. Obviously somebody (not pointing fingers but I know who it was) messed up pretty big on that one considering that everyone else was just sitting there until whatever in the morning because they were too scared to play a game that some people paid 400+ dollars to come play. *shrugs* Idk, just felt like a lot of things could have been done better, but in total I give credit to all of the T.O.'s who worked hella hard to try to shape **** up in the face of trouble and not break down and give up and let it all go to hell cause in reality, if it weren't for those friendlies being called off, we prolly would have been there all night working like slaves rather than playing smash. YA FEEL ME

Bing

Smash Master
I cant believe how critical people are being. I didnt see many people stepping up to help, you can all point fingers and *****. But dont throw stones from a glass house, to anyone who was at event, and are currently complaining about scheduling, its partly there(the to's) and our fault.

****ing Ridiculous

Top Bottom