• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Sharp looking gent wearing the suit that ran brawl the 2nd day - You can eff off about telling me not to laugh. However, you did a good job running a very stressful tournament while looking nice. lol
LMAO Shoutouts to doom for being the "sharp looking gent"

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Had so much fun here. Shoulda did better but its ok. You guys did screw me out of the Smash 64 tourney though. Too much fun stuff to post shout outs for. Good job Alex strife, Doom and the rest of you guys for doing the best you could to run this tourney and making it hype.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Brawl and Pokemon result information will be up when I get home from work. Didn't get home until 3pm Monday from the Doctors and such, and went to sleep until this morning for work.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Analysis

1. Otori ($3,600) :metaknightbrawl: (Japan)
2. Nietono ($1,760) :olimarbrawl: (Japan)
3. Nairo ($960) :metaknightbrawl: (USA/NJ)
4. ESAM ($640) :pikachubrawl: (USA/FL)
5. Kakera ($320) :metaknightbrawl::icsbrawl: (Japan)
5. Ally ($320) :snakebrawl: (Canada)
7. Razer ($200) :snakebrawl: (USA/TX)
7. ADHD ($200) :diddybrawl: (USA/NJ)
9. Gnes :diddybrawl: (USA/TX)
9. Rich Brown :olimarbrawl: (USA/CA)
9. OCEAN :robbrawl: (Japan)
9. DEHF :falcobrawl: (USA/CA)
13. Dabuz :olimarbrawl: (USA/NY)
13. Mew2King :metaknightbrawl: (USA/NJ)
13. Brood :olimarbrawl: (Japan)
13. Rain :falcobrawl::metaknightbrawl: (Japan)
17. Havok :metaknightbrawl::marthbrawl: (USA/CA)
17. Fatal :snakebrawl: (USA/MA)
17. Z :pikachubrawl: (USA/NV)
17. vVv Zero :metaknightbrawl: (Chile)
17. mikeHAZE :marthbrawl: (USA/CA)
17. Mr. R :marthbrawl: (Netherlands)
17. Orion :metaknightbrawl: (USA/NJ although he could rep Netherlands)
17. Shugo :falcobrawl::metaknightbrawl: (USA/OH)
25. Coney :dededebrawl: (USA/MD)
25. Jtails :metaknightbrawl: (USA/NY)
25. Zex :marthbrawl::metaknightbrawl: (USA/CA)
25. Tyrant :metaknightbrawl: (USA/CA)
25. Reflex :ptbrawl::wariobrawl: (USA/GA)
25. Seibrik :metaknightbrawl: (USA/FL)
25. Will :dkbrawl: (USA/NY)
25. Atomsk :metaknightbrawl::dededebrawl: (USA/NJ)
33. Leon :marthbrawl: (France)
33. Poltergust :yoshibrawl: (USA/TX/FL)
33. Logic :olimarbrawl: (USA/MD)
33. Mikeray :snakebrawl: (USA/CT)
33. Trela :lucariobrawl: (USA/TX)
33. Bloodcross :metaknightbrawl::falcobrawl: (USA/MA)
33. HolyNightmare :metaknightbrawl::robbrawl: (Canada)
33. Denti :olimarbrawl: (USA/TX)
33. Illmatic :peachbrawl: (USA/TX)
33. Trevonte :foxbrawl:(USA/CA)
33. Toronto Joe :metaknightbrawl: (Canada)
33. Salem :zssbrawl: (USA/NJ)
33. Nakat :foxbrawl: (USA/NJ)
33. DRN ???? (I know nothing about this player sadly)
33. FOW :nessbrawl: (USA/NV)
33. DeLux :icsbrawl: (USA/KS)
49. Fino :olimarbrawl: (USA/MO)
49. GDX :diddybrawl: (USA/FL)
49. Shadow :metaknightbrawl: (USA/NY)
49. Dark.Pch :peachbrawl: (USA/NY)
49. Pwii :metaknightbrawl: (USA/NY/TX)
49. 4GOD (I know nothing about this player sadly)
49. False :snakebrawl: (USA/NY)
49. Sky`. :wariobrawl: (USA/CA)
49. _X_ :sonicbrawl: (USA/UT)
49. Kismet :falcobrawl: (USA/GA)
49. san :ikebrawl: (USA/NY)
49. NickRiddle :zssbrawl: (USA/FL)
49. Vinnie :gwbrawl: (USA/NY)
49. Dojo :metaknightbrawl: (USA/TX)
49. Bassem :wariobrawl: (USA/OK)
49. Seagull :wolfbrawl: (USA/MD)

More to come later, and if someone could help me fill in the holes that would be great.

M@v

Subarashii!
Ally went mk more. Also Im 99% sure rain didnt go falco which makes me sad.

Also I dont know what bloodcross did in losers or pools, but he went all falco vs otori in winners.

Lastly, Z may of used fox as well.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Also mad shoutouts to the guys I met in the hyatt elevator on the friday who gave me a ride to the venue. You guys are fantastic, thank you again :)

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Greatest tourney experience of my life, I'm still on that APEX high and I wanna go back badly. I will do shoutouts to who I played in Pools Round 1 and 2 and those I did friendlies with later, I have to go back to the real world of college.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
One of the top 10 life rules
*Never talk to strangers*
"Ok, lemme just get in a car full of strangers that way im not disregarding my life rule"
#Loophole
If this was anything but a smash tournament I wouldn't have done it lol

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Also mad shoutouts to the guys I met in the hyatt elevator on the friday who gave me a ride to the venue. You guys are fantastic, thank you again :)

That was me (the one in the hat), Mafia, Zoso, and Arc!

Nice meeting you. I think I only spotted you at the venue a few times after that. Hope to see you at the next national :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
People haven't noticed, but hbox definitely step up his game for armada even if he still didn't win. He definitely stuck to his guns, had faith in his character, and took a set off of armada. In my book he is the manliest of men for that. And I hope he continues to improve as he is now

Kel

Smash Master
Man, I got spoiled by using MK again over the past week. I'm sad he's going to be banned now.

This tournament gives me mixed feelings on the ban. On one hand, 4/top 8 used primarily MK. On the other hand, I feel that Diddy and Olimar both beat MK and that the ban will slow down our meta game. It feels like everyone is catching up with other characters, especially the Japanese. I don't think people understand the gravity of a ROB beating the best metaknight in the world. I understand it's only one set and that M2K could be off that day, but this is still groundbreaking news.

With only Flat+ Plat stages all the other characters really even out. There is so much to be discovered still in the MK match up and a ban will halt this. Japan will completely surpass the US's MKs in a matter of months due to the ban I feel. At Apex 2010 the Japanese players mentioned that they felt they had better other characters, but the US's MKs far surpassed Japan's MKs. This time around the Japanese were much more prepared, and even defeated our own MKs! The Japanese learned and Adapted; enough that even a ROB beat our best MK. That's outstanding.

I'm not saying a ban is the wrong move, I just feel that it's a shame if it is the wrong move. I also agree with Mikehaze's video where he mentioned that if we ban him we are just catering to people that don't care about the community enough to play the game still. As a personal example, I asked Overswarm if he was going to begin entering tournaments again now that MK is banned. He said no. This doesn't make sense to me that we are changing our game that we know and love for people that don't care enough to support the community. Overswarm commented that he feels it's too late for the ban- well there are 409 Brawl singles entrants that think the game is good enough as it is.

I'm sure this post is super tl;dr material for this thread, but I just wanted to put this out there. We'll just have to see how it all goes. I just hope we are making the right decision for our community.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
shout outs to:

Old man grey - for teaming with me for doubles. we did well vs trela and sync game 1, taking out Trela completely xD but god damn Olimar.

Mampam - fellow touhou lover. While i'm more in tune with the fighting game and you with the bullet hell... I'm for Youmu, and you're for Sanae.. we still love touhou :D there should be a whole touhou gathering of the smashers that like touhou next time

Telu - playing some hisoutensoku with me. Sucks we both had to use and share the keyboard but it was still fun

the yoshis: fun crew battle and doubles pride match.

espy/speed - double sonic vs double ike fun friendlies. Also espy good job in doubles with kprime

pikas: sorry i was just hanging out with the ikes mainly ._.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I'm really disappointed in everyone that cheered for Ocean to beat M2K. Where is your pride for American players?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
America is just tainted by M2K dominating for so long. The only case you could possibly make for banning mk is in doubles due to over centralization. People always complain that mk is a crutch, but he really isn't. What players have switched to mk and dominated? Absolutely none. The best players will always be the ones who win, mk isn't a good enough character to overcome even a small skill gap.

I won't be going to any mk banned tournaments, and will encourage all of my friends to do the same. The metagame hasn't peaked or stagnated in the slightest, banning mk will be extremely harmful to the community.

Aposl

Smash Ace
guys lets just start a fundraiser to send m2K, Anti, and Nairo to Japan. They will ban him within the year.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
guys lets just start a fundraiser to send m2K, Anti, and Nairo to Japan. They will ban him within the year.
..I'm not sure if you were watching the japanese beat m2k consistently lol.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Except they all got destroyed by the top 2 japanese players... Did you look at the results thread? XD
I wouldn't say Nairo got destroyed, he's the one who put Neitono (sp?) in losers and went to last game last stock against Otori

As for Anti, can't really say anything about him since he didn't enter bracket due to sleeping in lmao

Xaltis

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say Nairo got destroyed, he's the one who put Neitono (sp?) in losers and went to last game last stock against Otori

As for Anti, can't really say anything about him since he didn't enter bracket due to sleeping in lmao
Fair enough. Just basically trying to prove that Metaknight isn't that good to be banned which was proven at Apex.

idea

Smash Master
1: Armada ($3,046.50) - very impressive showing, even for you. i still want to play your young link at some point.
2: Hungrybox ($1489.40) - good **** dude. i watched all of grand finals. it was boring but i watched it lol. and nice shadow puppets.
3: Mango ($804.00) - i'm waiting for that salty blog post.
4: Javi ($536.00) - you pretty much blew everyone away...those kind of upsets don't often happen in melee. looking forward to your next tournament, the real test, when everyone is gonna be gunning for you :p also can you read english? lol
5: Dr Peepee ($270.80) - see mango's shoutout, replace blog with smashboards ;) also i really should have played you sometime on the third day when i probably had the chance. oh well.
5: KirbyKaze ($270.80) - dude wtf.
7: Hax ($169.25) - why didn't you and s2j moneymatch?!
7: Shroomed ($169.25) - i would have liked to see more of your matches.
9: Lovage - same ^ good **** beating javi though, apparently no other fastfallers could lol
9: MacD - well done sir.
9: Wobbles - okay i definitely should have found and played you again. bleh
9: Unknown522 - ...second best doc?
13: VaNz - macd outplaced you, gotta do something about that ;) still wanna team with you at something, hopefully when we're both warmed up lol
13: SFAT - yeah i would have liked to MM again too. you're fun to play.
13: Zhu - finally got to play you a bit :) i'd like to try your falco sometime too. if you don't absolutely hate that matchup.
13: Tope - i was surprised too :laugh: yeah, gonna have to rematch you sometime. good job though, i don't usually even lose to sheiks, let alone get *****.
17: PewpewU - would have liked more matches, your marth is interesting. also apparently you're the highest placing marth main (though m2k forfeited, to be fair :p) so uh, impressive.
17: KoreanDJ - you were one of 2 or 3 people i just barely missed getting to play/mm :( oh well, fun watching you play kage anyway
17: DaShizWiz - didn't play you, wanna watch your pools set with zhu
17: Mew2King - honestly i don't understand why you don't keep your possessions on you at all times at tournaments, from the sounds of it you're especially vulnerable to theft.
17: Darc - wow i really didn't run into you the whole weekend. i don't even know who you lost to :(
17: chillindude829 - agh i hate missing rests. but man, your fox is as weird as it is good. i definitely couldn't adapt fast enough.
17: Smoke2Jointz - probably the most fun friendlies i had the entire tournament :)
25: Weon-x -
25: Teczero - wanted to play you too. oh well.
25: I.B - i honestly though you'd get like 7th :p maybe if you hadn't had to play ryan. you coming to the tourmament this weekend?
25: WestBallz - no offense but i thought you'd be black :laugh: i mean i don't see how that could be offensive, but yeah lol. i have a vague mental image of smashers before i meet them and yours was way off. too bad we didn't get to play.
33: Ice - those sunglasses with those eurobeats...that was way too fitting :laugh:
33: Kage the Warrior - good luck with IRL kicking people in the face.
33: Tai - i'm still a bit sad our room never did get a tv.
33: Amsah - lol you're too funny. too bad about your placing...come to more US tourneys, redeem yourself like we all know you will.
33: LEFFEN - the only time i talked to you was when you mistook me for someone else :p
33: Axe - i could watch your pikachu for hours. also...good luck ;)
33: Plup - see tai. needed a tv.
33: darrell - why were there so many samuses at apex anyway?
33: StriCNYN3 - wanted to rematch you at some point :p
33: th0rn - uhh nice falco? yeah. why are there so many people in bracket, these shoutouts are taking forever :c
49: MattDotZeb - those un-sober, randomized, stamina mode, teams matches, on corneria, were great. in hindsight we should have turned on mushroom kingdom II or something.
49: Colbol - all in all you might be the fox i least want to run into at a tournament. except maybe mango.
49: Vudujin - was expecting you to place higher honestly, but oh well.
49: Cactuar - i'm curious now, what exactly did you tell KK about dashing mechanics?
49: Linguini - fun playing you, too bad we were both kind of tired of our mains at that point.
49: Stabbedbyanipple - rematch at some point? i want more practice vs. falco.
49: ZoSo - we were even waiting at the same tv at one point and i didn't play you. i'm so bad at this =/

anth0ny - fun hanging out/talking/finding that one pizza place that was open till midnight. i wish i still had that wrap...i saved half of it for later but lost track of it at some point. i think i must have left it in mafia's room or it got lost in the mess of our own.
captain jack - you're so entertaining :) and amazingly solid after all this time, too.
kou - nice falco
strong bad - nice shirt
mafia - too bad we didn't play more. that's the main downside of big tournaments.
isai - go mario in grand finals next time. or falcon. if you play everyone then why not change it up more...
peach player who from the same general area as kels - i forget your tag/name :(
everyone i talked to from the jiggs boards - hi.
anyone i missed - hi.

vectorman - thanks for organizing and tolerating our hotel room :p yes, we did all leave before 12:00.
fullmetal, sheridan, and any other less visible TOs - thanks for doing tons of work. you guys were behind that desk at all times and it must have taken a lot out of you both <3

alex strife - thanks for organizing eeeeverything. i know for you it probably seems like people only have negative things to say, but that's just human nature, we focus on bad things. it doesn't mean there aren't as many or even more good things that aren't being talked about. anyway, thanks so much for putting this tournament together. hopefully you still want to run apex 2013 in a year.

also, apologies on behalf of the whole community for still not knowing how to throw out our own garbage.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
<3 everyone i met and played.

<<<333 east Canada!! I home someone some black ****s ;). Get at me next time unknown. kage is ok. Love big *** I.B.

DoH is the new super homie along with 99% of east coast. All the peach players are mad legit as well.
Duck and Plup hold a special place in my heart, kinda.

Shout outs to fat sandwiches down the street, there ****ing amazing.

WTF was with the scheduling for this national, so ****ing stupid.

GG's everyone and see you all soon =]

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
idea, where is mango's shoutout??

anyway, props to alex for hosting and really getting smash out there

GGs all

I might do shoutouts

see you all next time =)

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Totally forgot about the sick couple kevinM and haileyM. Love the **** out of you two =]

PP and mango are still my heroes at heart

Top Bottom