• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official APEX 2012 Results Thread! ALL RESULTS UP. International takes it all!

ERayz

Smash Journeyman

What happened here?
I wanna know too, I find it weird that S2J placed 3rd in his R1 pool, but still managed to get into bracket... Especially considering it was Top 2 Advances. Can anybody explain this?

And...
Melee Round 2 Pools from Pool 14-29 all have broken image links.

JMOAN

Smash Apprentice
Please change Ambix + ihavespaceballs in the bracket to Ambix + JMOAN.

IHSB didn't show (I missed you IHSB), and since I didn't sign up with a teammate, I switched with IHSB so Ambix still had a teammate.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
I wanna know too, I find it weird that S2J placed 3rd in his R1 pool, but still managed to get into bracket... Especially considering it was Top 2 Advances. Can anybody explain this?

And...
Melee Round 2 Pools from Pool 14-29 all have broken image links.
I'm pretty sure it was just recorded wrong. I believe s2j 2-0d smash Mac.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone and watching incredible matches.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Delerium was mad cool.

Specific shoutouts to:

TKBro for being the first person to know who i was because of my glasses.
Verm for Utilting me and beating me in pools and beating me in Pokemon Stadium 2.
Dapuffster for being an awesome person and giving me great hospitality and an awesome teammate.
Florida for bringing the hype.
Kaptain for always being happy to see me.
Fyre, Kiwi, Nicole and various other women for being so attractive.
KID for bringing hype.
Kaylo for lettin' me crash on her bed night 1.
Vinnie for 3 stocking Ally.
Seagull Man for being cool as hell.
Patches/MPrime for being the coolest WHITE canadians here.
Tin Man for being the coolest BLACK canadian here.
GA for bein' cool and keepin' it real.
Roller for going hard with us.
Cable for getting Ledge Cancel Sing'd and then rested.
Hungrybox and Lain for apparating into Friday night's party and drinking with us.
FGCU for being awesome friends.
John (Melee Player), for accidentally going to the wrong room (our room) and continuing to chill with us from 10pm to 5am, while drinking heavily and bar hopping. You were hype as hell. I'll never forget you.
Admiral Funk of the S.S. Pimpin for singing kareoke with me and being an awesome man of hype.

To everyone else, it was alot of fun. I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Godspeed.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
The most fun I have had in a while. GG's to everyone I played with, and it was Awesome meeting new smashers around the world. This was a great weekend and I probably learned more at Apex then at college. Also, thank you Doc players who stick with the best character in the game and constantly kick *** with him! One day I'll graduate Med School too!

GO Javi!!!

Radium88

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to everyone who ran this tournament. It was unfortunate that the amount of set-ups was not as expected but at least that was the only major problem. It was good seeing a lot of people again! Shoutouts to Logic, GimR and both of Logic's friend for going on another adventure. And it was awesome watching all those epic matches! Japan is too godlike.

Kind of sad I didn't get my purple kirby tho...

Spife

Smash Master
I can't leave specific shout outs for everyone, but here it goes

Palpi: money match? <3 maybe some day we'll play, maybe

Snips: yo I think we played once, and I was like "Why is falcon's spot dodge so bad?" and you were like "Idk and idk how to punish it cause NO ONE uses it" and then we laughed and laughed

Tirno: I think I played friendlies with you the most haha, nice to meet you and play with you, next time i wont waste our time with my falcon

Zodiac: aww man I saw you day 3 but finding a set up woulda been impossible, hopefully next time, link dittos are always too fun

Toph: >: at no playing, you woulda thrashed my **** though, next time for sure!

Sypher Phoenix: i would have beat you in that mm cause shieks jab has a hit box on frame 2 <3

MinQ: great to see you again, seriously, even if we didn't hang out much

Hyuga: lack of flatzone games with you makes me sad, let's make it happen next time

Kage: Gonna miss seeing your forever positive face around at tournies man, you should do that thing where you show up to major tournies at least :bee:

Kirby Kaze: nice seeing you, you should like, coach me during friendlies some time so I get better

Nick: YOU'RE WELCOME! Kinda funny how I buy in to that bye that you would have gotten otherwise :bee: I robbed you of a chance to play thorn, also don't jump in the **** zone!

Prog: <3/</3, at least you still have to talk to me because of music :p

Axel Slam: hey buddy, sorry I can never get you tracks when ever we go to tournies, or that we never play, but it's always a pleasure seeing you

ProSkater: so now we don't play AND I don't get to hear any awesome stories about how you and a few other guys beasted some peeps in THUG while you show us all the cool stuff in that game. Idk how I feel about our relationship.

OTG: good seeing you buddy, we should actually play some time

Silent Swag: yo your round 2 pool = wtffffffff

MacD: we talked a little but we hardly hung out and we never played >:
MacDaddy: oh god

Boxman: yo it was great hanging out with you for a change, I feel like we hardly talk at tournies.

Banks: gg winning that ds

Thorn: omg **** your falco!

Unknown522: always a pleasure seeing you man, I want to never hear about your pichu again though haha

Sleepyk: <3 for seeing you, </3 for not seeing you again on sunday

Zoso: good **** making bracket

Mattdotzeb: also good **** making bracket, mad hyped for the 20th

Larx: yo it was good seeing you dood, we should mm for lego men again sometime though

PP: your comentary during gf's were too good

Sol: Hey! It's a murt! Great to see you again! I always ask phi**** about you guys when I see him

Phish It: Hey! It's another murt! you guys should have done double dragon mm's haha

Mafia: we should play friendlies some time soon cause I always feel like you have soemthing new for me that would be really useful

Arc: I feel like I never see you anymore which sucks, be more active

KevinM: thanks for the votes of confidence before pools started <3

Diesel: yo it was great hearing that story like 3 times no joke. Also I'm pretty sure you were being mad encouraging during my pools matches so <3

Crush: too good trolling about palpi and I being "really good at brawl"

Alucard: good **** at umvc3 man

Jpeg: I remember us talking, but I forget about what haha

Ace: yoooo long time no see, great to hear from and see you again. Now if only we cna get tournies up and running hmmmm

Prawn: psssst play melee :33

pool:
Chillin: ow
Zaatar: also ow, thanks for telling me what you noticed I was doing/what changed for games 2/3.
Sinji: I was soooo nervous, I literally felt like I was going to throw up either after one of the games, or after the set.
White mike: ditto, haven't felt that nervous in a while.

My car:
Annnnnnnnnnndy: yeah, keep throwing out bairs against jpeg, i'm sure one of them will hit-SHUT THE **** UP! Good job getting robbed of bracket man, next time, next time.
Qtip: thanks for driving everywhere and keeping me company when I go dinner, I went to RU Hungry on my lonesome once last apex and it suckkkked
Darc: I got a shoutout once. Good job mollywhomping your brawl pool, who ever you are.
Nicole: nice to meet you, I liked your attitudes towards brawl as well as your ability to sand bag durring mm's to get "double or nothing?" called.

I met a lotta people this weekend and they were all awesome, sorry if I forgot your shout out, but it's okay. Sometimes I forget where my car keys are, and I have forgotten my pin number more then once.
tl;dr LOVE YOU ALL! Mad homo <333

Xyless

Smash Master
Great Job detective, hope you use your amazing detective skills for good and not evil because your powers are unmatched.

I used the korean gif because the japanese gifs had some weird **** that would get me banned from smash boards. I didn't think the korean gif would go under investigation. Sorry if it upsets you Mr. perfect Xyless over lord. It won't happen again, I will post the tentacle, sharking, panty sniffing vending machine, upside down sex robot eating a subway sandwich gif next time to satisfy your "That gif is Korean I am mad but K:" comments.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
So I'll post shoutouts later.

I'm still salty over the ****ty pools format.

Getting 3-1 (beating cyrain too) in sets in round 1 pools and still not making it out. Good ****!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I wish we had more time to balance round 2 pools but whatever Tope is the KevinM slayer currently :( :(

<3 everyone shoutouts later :) :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why do people think I'm taking a break...I'm not my brother @_@

Shoutouts tomorrow when I'm not super tired/going to miss a bergillion people

Japan 2gud though

M@v

Subarashii!
So I'll post shoutouts later.

I'm still salty over the ****ty pools format.

Getting 3-1 (beating cyrain too) in sets in round 1 pools and still not making it out. Good ****!

I REMEMBER SOMEONE PREDICTING THIS WOULD HAPPEN BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT...WAIT. I DID!

The only problem I have with these 4 person pools besides the whole time debate(Im staying out of that one its kind of ugly right now), is that if you lose just one set, you may very well have already eliminated yourself from the tournament. With a 4 person pool, there is a very high possibility you could wind up with a three way 2-1 set tie. Call me crazy, but it would be ****ing BULL**** if someone doesn't make it out of a pool because they only lose ONE set.

Example: Player 1 is the predicted top seed. Player 2 is the predicted 2nd seed. Player 3 is from an obscure region and not much is known, so he's assumed 3rd seed. Player 4 is a middle/not good player. Player 4 gets 0-3d. Player 3 turns out to be a really good player, and actually beats the number one player. The number two player manages to beat him though, but loses to the top player. They are all now 2-1 set count, and someone is being eliminated from the tournament even though only 1 set was lost. EVEN IN BRACKET YOU CAN LOSE 1 SET AND STILL BE IN THE TOURNAMENT! But this pool setup could be potentially even harder than a bracket on players. There are a couple other instances where a 3 way tie could develop, but this is the most likely one.

There are so many pools, I guarantee you there will be at least one instance of this if 4 person pools are done. I really don't want to see good players get ****ed over just because they dropped ONE set in their first pool.

I completely feel you man :(

Player-1

Smash Legend
shoutouts to my carpool for being awesome there and back and picking up the other GA car that crashed

shoutouts to this community for being awesome and raising money to help the other GA car out

shoutouts to 4god, drn, kismet, and reflex for being the only GA/AL to make it to bracket

shoutouts to esam for being highest placing atlantic south player

shoutouts to seibrik for a good mm and giving me some great advice and being chill overall

shoutouts to gdx for making it to bracket over me and awesome to hang out with

shoutouts to the international players for coming out here.

shoutouts to yukhoe (i hope that's how you spell it) for being clutch and despite being down a game and then a whole stock game 2 bringing it back and beating me in the set

shoutouts to illmatic for a great set, one of my favorites of the tournament (****ing tripping game 2 though :( )

shoutouts to deluxe for giving 4god some more ICs practice and the 1 minute conversation we had

shoutouts to BBQ for being awesome as usual, good job getting to R2 pools in melee.

shoutouts to ADHD for being free on RC

shoutouts to gnes for being cool to meet.

shoutouts to zekey for being free but being a really cool guy

shoutouts to ikon for being ikon

shoutouts to tin man and 10+ other people for thinking i'm black :troll:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
This tourney was stupid fun. Johnathan got that **** Rollin son. So many peeps, so many up sets, so much hype. I could go all day.

Shout out to everybody I played.

Vman - your my inspiration, glad I got some friendlies/advice. I guess I should do JC upair is stead of putting them in an egg of swag.. Lol
Leffen- we didn't play be we talked a little. The strategy guide got it right. Yoshi is top tier and noggin floggin is toooo good. Lol
M2K-sorry I took forever to get to the venue with your holy controller. Glad you didn't drop a set to anyone because of it.
Shiz-we played and talk quite a bit, super awesome bro to play. Come back and be more active. Lol@ lost player fund:dashizwiz
Reno-we had some funny matches, you can tell we both wanted to style on each other.
Mooseeatsbear-glad we got to record some matches! Your pretty good man! Just like our Sony extra bass headphones!
Insanecarzyguy-your pichu isn't half bad! Keep at it and you'll be at unknowns level. Thanks for recording my MMs even though I don't think I got paid. Lol upload them quick I wanna see:p
Nintendude-your ICs are crazy good. Shame you had two peaches in R2
C!Z-seems like you were unprepaired for the campfire at silent swags
SilentSWAG- WHAT HAPPENED SWAG!? Lol you suck ;)
Michigan-good to see you guys. Robin James will Gio roller Derrick and others!
New York- u mad that luigi is so good.
PC-it was fun talking smack during vudu niko. Still never got to play you... We got that bus boy swag tho.
Pbnj- your the man. Good stuff beating hugs and javi. Knew you would. Team with me sometime! We'll ****.
My pool-pulp your really good, down air bomb dair is stupid. Lol mafia I'm salty... Dash attack trading with knee... Lol good games. D bloc just lean that fox MU and you'll ****! Ggs toasty you gonna **** one day. Calling it

BIG SHOUT OUT TO PITTSBURGH FOR COMING OUT IN BIG NUMBERS!
Taki swag d20 Naka vudu shuffla Matt cabc stro Roh tite cave dweller Ambix
You guys ****. Best scene on the planet.

Shout outs to everyone else. And the staff. Full metal, hyuga, Alex and all my fellow refs.

See you all next year:)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I posted full brawl singles results (no bracket though)

I still am waiting on chibo to get online to ask for the tio file

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll do massive amount of shoutouts once i get home. My god this flight back is going to be the death of me

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Thankyou to everyone I talked to/played The hospitality the Americans show,you guys show mad love to the foreigners. Im legit always happy at these things haha. You guys are all really cool people and I wish I had enough time to hang out more with everyone old/new. Cant wait to be back in the home away from home sometime

Canada <3

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Unlucky brackets: SW, S2J, Wobbles, StriCNYN3, Unknown522, Zhu, Chillindude829, PC Chris, Jman, Javi, Bladewise

Lucky brackets: Tope, DaShizWiz, Ice (cept for Mango), KirbyKaze (cept for HBox), Hax (cept for Jman)
I take it you think I was fortunate to get DaShizWiz R2 and HBox R3?

Top Bottom