• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I don't know what time I'll be picking you up, Suyon. It all depends on when Jiffy wants to leave.

Also, NEOH team doesn't have enough Lucario. :p
Argent, if I was picking the NEOH team (which I can, but consider me "coach" not a "captain" as I would be on the bench but......bleh), you would be in it.

Can you be at my house at 9 AM at the latest?

also......
neoh vs cinci sometime. let's make it happen. i'd bet on cincy b team beating you guys :bee:
clow, if you are going to talk smack, at least make it believeable. When you make outrageous claims, people will think you are just trying to hear yourself talk; and I've heard enough of Vaan talking since I started a new game in FFXII.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I don't even know if I'd put myself on a NEOH 5v5 team if I could make the choice.

But anyway, I can be there at 9. I will have Suyon with me. Suyon, I'll pick you up around 8.

Also, talk is cheap. The supply vastly outweighs the demand. :p

Edit: I only need to pick up Suyon, right?

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
I don't even know if I'd put myself on a NEOH 5v5 team if I could make the choice.

But anyway, I can be there at 9. I will have Suyon with me. Suyon, I'll pick you up around 8.

Also, talk is cheap. The supply vastly outweighs the demand. :p

Edit: I only need to pick up Suyon, right?
Can you pick up links as well, he's in Akron??

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I wasn't sure if Links was coming with us or not. Suyon, can you be ready at quarter 'til 8 and Links can you be ready at 8:30?

links24

Smash Ace
well argent you can forget bout me new job is makin me work saturday (dont feel like goin into details) so i guess ya aint gotta worry bout gettin me lol (sadface for real though)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I love how you're trying to be sneaky about this 'new main' even though I'm pretty sure we all know who 'they' are.

clowsui

Smash Legend
clow, if you are going to talk smack, at least make it believeable. When you make outrageous claims, people will think you are just trying to hear yourself talk; and I've heard enough of Vaan talking since I started a new game in FFXII.
lmao you got me

when did you guys decide that i sounded like vaan from ffxii anyways :x

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
No I'm Vaan :3

Oh Argent did you say you were going to hope? Want to team for that?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Sorry I couldn't stay at the smashfest for too long. I need my sleep before the tourney, or I'll be dragging myself around like I did around the time Tekken Bowl started. :p

Suyon, I'll be around at 7:45-8 since Links isn't coming now.

Blue, I thought you were tired of getting hit by my Aura Spheres. Also, Vaan?

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
well fine I'll team with a random melee player going with us. You should have teamed with me.

so king(links?), Sky was looking for other people to go with us, if you could get Canton...

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
ya, is there a chance to get a fifth really quick? ....links throwing us under the bus last minute when he probably knew he wasnt going to be able to make it yesterday. :@

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...I'm 50/50 on whether I still want to go to the tournament or not. No one who I feel I could win with wants to team and the money match opportunities are so-so. I do want to see Y.b.M. before he moves away but it depends on if I feel like driving tomorrow or not since this work week kicked my *** on sleep deprivation. Didn't even make it to the smashfest today because I collapsed on the couch and didn't wake up until 15 minutes ago lol.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hmm...I'm 50/50 on whether I still want to go to the tournament or not. No one who I feel I could win with wants to team and the money match opportunities are so-so. I do want to see Y.b.M. before he moves away but it depends on if I feel like driving tomorrow or not since this work week kicked my *** on sleep deprivation. Didn't even make it to the smashfest today because I collapsed on the couch and didn't wake up until 15 minutes ago lol.
that explains that , was curious lol

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hello, NEOH! :p Are there any tournaments or smashfests within an hour of the Youngstown area? Fromundaman says there's one in Ravenna?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Hello, Hari. I used to host smashfests in Ravenna while I was going to Kent State, but they don't go on anymore. It's kind of hard to get any smashfests going nowadays. :/

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
That image sorta reminds me of the pic Zack Finfrock did, but I know it's not...I recognize it though, but not where from or what the full image is...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I know his Ganondorf is incredible, but there's no way in hell I'd allow myself to lose to it in bracket over his Lucario. Or Yoshi for that matter. I may have had a hiccup against MX that one time, but since then I've gone on to beat hadesblade, MX, Polt, Yosh, etc. No one should be losing to these characters.

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hello, Hari. I used to host smashfests in Ravenna while I was going to Kent State, but they don't go on anymore. It's kind of hard to get any smashfests going nowadays. :/
Awh, really? D: Well, that complicates things.

I'll keep looking then. If anybody knows anything, then please send me a PM! (And sorry for going kind of off subject, guys! :))

TheKiest

Smash Champion
In Blue's defense, 2 things went wrong in his way...

1) My SD ruling

2) Everyone was cheering for Fonz since when upon hearing that the winner would get a $25 gift card to Zeno's Fonz yells "Free drinks on me when I win".

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Maybe you can look at that SD rule? ... :)
But, Blue should've seen it coming. :( It was honestly his only out.

Also, I think the large break between hurt. He got ***** first stock.

D

Deleted member

Kiester's ruling on it is the way I've always viewed suicide moves. It's pretty fair.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I know his Ganondorf is incredible, but there's no way in hell I'd allow myself to lose to it in bracket over his Lucario. Or Yoshi for that matter. I may have had a hiccup against MX that one time, but since then I've gone on to beat hadesblade, MX, Polt, Yosh, etc. No one should be losing to these characters.
There are a number of characters you need to keep up in MUs you cant just the same old thing for every match up and knowing what is what makes you a better player. for example, Zss. No one has MU exp vs her and thats my advantage sometimes vs another player that might be better then me, its not there fault no one in their region plays zss (this is where wifi comes in but it still doesnt give you 100% of the MU info but it sure as hell helps.)

D

Deleted member

I really want to play Fonz. I took a game off DLA, and I'm curious if I'd at least be able to do the same to him.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
There are a number of characters you need to keep up in MUs you cant just the same old thing for every match up and knowing what is what makes you a better player. for example, Zss. No one has MU exp vs her and thats my advantage sometimes vs another player that might be better then me, its not there fault no one in their region plays zss (this is where wifi comes in but it still doesnt give you 100% of the MU info but it sure as hell helps.)
I agree with that, people really do need to keep up on their matchups. It's a similar case with Peach in that we used to thrive off of the fact that not a lot of people knew how to play against the matchup. Now we have to outplay our opponent with no such advantage, which is fine but it's certainly a lot tougher. That was the case when I went down to Texas; nearly everyone I played already had a lot of aggro Peach experience from playing against Ill so much, and Ill is a lot faster than I am so I had to take a different approach to things.

Speaking of Zero Suit Samus, there were two down there by the names of Bio and Paw, and they were easily around Y.b.M.'s level of play with her (as in, not quite Nick Riddle yet but definitely skilled). I beat Bio in some friendlies, but Paw was the one who ultimately took me out of the losers bracket. He actually forced me off of Peach because I actually felt uncomfortable with her against him despite how well I was playing, and I used MK on him. That match was hype and we both played it really well, but he pulled it out in the end. Everyone down there is playing their characters on a completely different level than what I'm used to encountering here (no offense guys, just calling it like it is), it definitely gave me a lot of perspective on some things that I/we need to work on as players. Getting rid of some of my hesitation was the first step in breaking past previous limitations.

solecalibur

Smash Master
jeeze, if I wana get back on my game I'd have to go back wifi wouldnt I?
Its been awhile since ive vs'd paw on wifi im glad he's gotten much better, I know darkpo is pretty legit also

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
If I was in Kiest's position last night, I probably would have made the same ruling. Seriously, how many tournies go with the 1v1 tiebreaker rule anymore? Sorry, Blue, but you shouldn't have let yourself fall into that situation in the first place. Of course that's not to say I wouldn't have been surprised by it if it happened to me. :/

Suyon

Smash Lord
Haha, makes me wonder if I can beat his Ganon. I was able to beat his Lucario then he starts using MK on me or last time he did. I dunno that tournament was just messed up in many ways.

Top Bottom