• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what to say about G&W. Patience is key? LOL

Marth is a fun one. I'm too lazy to write about the match-up... Ask Glick for his input. He has some cool tricksies on the little she-devil.

Metatitan

Smash Master
No, they are comparable, because GaW's Bair is the single best move in the game (that doesn't produce items).
I am sorry but that is just about the stupidest thing I have ever seen anyone say. GW's Bair is NOT the best move in the game, I can think of 3 immediately that are much better.

First off I feel ddd should be put as 40:60 ddd's advantage.

Second, Falco wins in both range, killing, and priority. Realize that you are not kirby, you do not have a consistent approach with disgusting disjoint (pound is not an approach people it is a punishing attack).

Falco's Dacus ***** us, don't even pretend it doesn't. So if he isn't using that to kill us at early %'s he is using it to do a ludicrous amount of damage on you compared to what you will be doing to him.

Second you are acting that just because you can duck his normal lazer that you will win this matchup; I am pretty sure a silent lazer will hit you (not 100% on this so don't hold me accountable for it). It's not even entirely about the lazers, while they shut down your approach, say you get into falco's close range, then what? He has great aerials and a great ground game so unlike say samus, you aren't going to completely decimate when you get close. So you are basically fighting a character that forces you into a stand-still at medium-long ranges and can hold his own just fine close range. Not to mention he kills you much easier.

The thing that made jiggs so good in melee was that she could kill so early that her light weight made her not broken. In brawl she cannot kill that early unless the falco is stupid enough to let you gimp him. 35:65 Falco

Glick

Smash Lord
Turtle is not the best move in the game. I was just talking about that match up approach. sorry didn't mean to sound rude. Kinda having a bad day.

I'll go into that match up a little later. I have my SAT tomorrow so I must rest.

(insert jigglypuff joke)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Turtle is not the best move in the game. I was just talking about that match up approach. sorry didn't mean to sound rude. Kinda having a bad day.

I'll go into that match up a little later. I have my SAT tomorrow so I must rest.

(insert jigglypuff joke)
Make sure you don't kill your SAT teacher when you rest.

Oh wait nvm, I was thinking about Melee rest.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I am sorry but that is just about the stupidest thing I have ever seen anyone say. GW's Bair is NOT the best move in the game, I can think of 3 immediately that are much better.

First off I feel ddd should be put as 40:60 ddd's advantage.

Second, Falco wins in both range, killing, and priority. Realize that you are not kirby, you do not have a consistent approach with disgusting disjoint (pound is not an approach people it is a punishing attack).

Falco's Dacus ***** us, don't even pretend it doesn't. So if he isn't using that to kill us at early %'s he is using it to do a ludicrous amount of damage on you compared to what you will be doing to him.

Second you are acting that just because you can duck his normal lazer that you will win this matchup; I am pretty sure a silent lazer will hit you (not 100% on this so don't hold me accountable for it). It's not even entirely about the lazers, while they shut down your approach, say you get into falco's close range, then what? He has great aerials and a great ground game so unlike say samus, you aren't going to completely decimate when you get close. So you are basically fighting a character that forces you into a stand-still at medium-long ranges and can hold his own just fine close range. Not to mention he kills you much easier.

The thing that made jiggs so good in melee was that she could kill so early that her light weight made her not broken. In brawl she cannot kill that early unless the falco is stupid enough to let you gimp him. 35:65 Falco
Ok, what are the three others? Whatever, I did say besides ones that produce items. In that area, it is at least top 5 or something.

What other moves can completely shut down so many characters? All he has to do is camp with it, and he beats alot of people. If his opponent has no projectiles and are particulaly big, all he has to do is use it, retreat, and repeat. I've been in matches where I couldn't do anything about getting hit by bair. I was Bowser on BF, and he used it and then got far enough away that bowser's flames couldn't reach him. I sat there tring to get past this thing.

You must admit that without this move, GaW wouldn't be nearly as good. Without it Jiggs would stand a chance aerially (This is different than doing well).

Well, then what were you thinking off?

I'm not going to bother repeating myself yet again. The Falco matchup is 50:50. If you want my reasoning, look at the 3 or 4 posts I made. If you want, you can ask me directly, though.

Metatitan

Smash Master
GW's Bair really does not give my jigglypuff trouble, it's more of the priority of his attacks. Sure Bair gives a little trouble but I usually find a way around it. It's mainly GW's AMAZING ability to **** jigglypuff at low %'s so that she dies at 60% from any of his smash attacks (mabey not d smash). IMO it is his killing ability that ***** us.

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
I would love to play any of you guys over Wifi, if only to give you a general idea of how bad the Falco matchup can be, even against a Falco that's completely unknown.

50:50 it is not. I like Jiggs, but there's a reason she's low tier.

Metatitan

Smash Master
If I get the chance I'll try to play DEHF or SK92 at genesis and show you how badly jiggs gets ***** by falco :)

I think a lot of people who have faced me can say I'm no pushover

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I would love to play any of you guys over Wifi, if only to give you a general idea of how bad the Falco matchup can be, even against a Falco that's completely unknown.

50:50 it is not. I like Jiggs, but there's a reason she's low tier.
I'd love to, actually. It's going to have to be a little later, though.

Glick

Smash Lord
Make sure you don't kill your SAT teacher when you rest.

Oh wait nvm, I was thinking about Melee rest.
I play brawl+ only now. (Seriously I quit vbrawl)

LOL.

(Also: Jiggz does very well against Falco. I wouldn't be surprised to see that it's like 55-45 falco. I can write about marth, falco, and anybody else you guys are having giant problems with. I have experience against good falcos.)

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Have the Marth and Mr. Game & Watch boards been notified?

PND

Smash Champion
No they haven't. I just got back from a tourney and didn't have a chance to notify them.

That, and I'm scared of Marfs >_> lol.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The key to Luigi is staying away from him. Once you play it a bit differently it isn't a bad matchup, just annoying. Advantage Luigi for sure though.

Marth should be approached with empty SHs and rolls. If he starts playing more defensively and trying to punish your rolls, go on a bair rampage. Play really intelligently off stage with nairs to punish, but don't expect too much. Most Marths will ALWAYS try to dair if you are below them as they leave the edge; I find this easy to dodge and easy to punish. If you play it carefully, Marth will have some trouble killing you. Your deaths should be caused by nairs and up-Bs.

G&W is just a terrible matchup. I can't even bring myself to discuss it, maybe later.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I am sick as hell atm but you should be careful commiting against a Marth too much. IE, rolling too much, or the like because here is some of his frame data:

Jab- Frame 4
Dolphin Slash= Frame 5

He can punish you pretty well with these moves, be careful.

In short, I am so sick I feel like helping. May be because I had to clear my throat of mucous 5 times today or else I would suffocate, but I feel like helping.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Ok, since no one wants to talk about Marth or G&W... >_>

Marth is a beast. He (or she? lol) pretty much has superior range, damage-racking ability, and killing potential. Dtilt pokes are detrimental to his spacing game, but I do not believe it does anything to Jiggs; we'll be in the air anyways. He (well, I'm not going to say it completely shuts down our aerial approach, but it's close) has jabs and retreating fairs to make our air approach difficult. His OoS game is amazing. A Dolphin Slash or DB OoS is kind of annoying to fight against. He can kill us pretty early if his upsmash or uptilt is kept fresh. Actually, a tippered, fresh ANYTHING pretty much screws us over at high-percents. His off-stage presence is also above-average, utilizing his amazing edge-guarding with his many aerials. Often, if you're below the stage he'll ledge hop below and attempt to spike you. He can also spike even if you're not below the stage but when you're trying to recover linearly from the ground off-stage. A spike, even at a low-percent, is VERY bad as it could mean death if Jigglypuff runs out of her jumps.

But I think I over-estimate Marth. Sure, he outranges us... But to tell you the truth, Marth cannot kill us easily if you are aware of his spacing game. You basically need to outspace HIM, which is pretty hard considering Marth's tools compared to our own. Empty SHs and retreating aerials are your friend. I suggest not staying too close on the groundto Marth all the time, as he could just Dolphin Slash you away. Utilize Jigglypuff's superior grab game, imo. Puff's throws lead into a lot of aerial abuse. If anything, try to be below Marth when in the air. What's Marth going to do, dair you and risk whiffing it AND being subject to HUGE ending lag? Uair is a good juggle tactic here.

It's a battle of wits and spacing here. Marth will probably win the spacing game though. 40-60 Marth.

Idk what to say about G&W, sorry -_-

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok, since no one wants to talk about Marth or G&W... >_>

Marth is a beast. He (or she? lol) pretty much has superior range, damage-racking ability, and killing potential. Dtilt pokes are detrimental to his spacing game, but I do not believe it does anything to Jiggs; we'll be in the air anyways. He (well, I'm not going to say it completely shuts down our aerial approach, but it's close) has jabs and retreating fairs to make our air approach difficult. His OoS game is amazing. A Dolphin Slash or DB OoS is kind of annoying to fight against. He can kill us pretty early if his upsmash or uptilt is kept fresh. Actually, a tippered, fresh ANYTHING pretty much screws us over at high-percents. His off-stage presence is also above-average, utilizing his amazing edge-guarding with his many aerials. Often, if you're below the stage he'll ledge hop below and attempt to spike you. He can also spike even if you're not below the stage but when you're trying to recover linearly from the ground off-stage. A spike, even at a low-percent, is VERY bad as it could mean death if Jigglypuff runs out of her jumps.

But I think I over-estimate Marth. Sure, he outranges us... But to tell you the truth, Marth cannot kill us easily if you are aware of his spacing game. You basically need to outspace HIM, which is pretty hard considering Marth's tools compared to our own. Empty SHs and retreating aerials are your friend. I suggest not staying too close on the groundto Marth all the time, as he could just Dolphin Slash you away. Utilize Jigglypuff's superior grab game, imo. Puff's throws lead into a lot of aerial abuse. If anything, try to be below Marth when in the air. What's Marth going to do, dair you and risk whiffing it AND being subject to HUGE ending lag? Uair is a good juggle tactic here.

It's a battle of wits and spacing here. Marth will probably win the spacing game though. 40-60 Marth.

Idk what to say about G&W, sorry -_-
You don't, probably the best summary of Marth I've seen.

Cold Fusion

We are not getting much discussion this time around.

Cold Fusion

We should notify the MK boards '-'
They don't seem to like our numbers.

(why are we doing all my least favorite matchups first?)
We did the last time, but they did not care. Now that they see our numbers, they care.

Rawnie

Smash Champion
Sheildbreaker owns Jiggs. Lololol.

Naw, but the chances of breaking her sheild are pretty small because she'll be in the air the majority of the time.

Anyway, what needs to be said has been said. Marth's range > Jiggz

I guess one of Jiggs' advantages is that she could gimp Marth. I don't see what she really can do.

Once she gets inside she can do a lot of damage, but I don't see her as a big threat.

65:35 Marth, if not worse.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Basically, from what ive played, jigg's only option is to airdodge in and abuse her aerial mobility(similar to how wario plays).

If she tries to approach with any attacks, marth can jab to keep her out. Basically, all of his moves keep her out, that's why you have to airdodge in and hope to god we don't predict it and grab. Im not 100% sure how fast she moves in the air compared to wario, but using cross-ups will help tremendously(landing on the other side from your airdodge, instead of just in front of him).

Gimping is difficult but if you manage an offstage fair after his second jump you can get your easiest kill in this matchup(other than a whiffed upB to rest or something)

This matchup is all about patience on jigg's part on when to airdodge in, if you want to have any chance of winning...

70:30 marth

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Im not 100% sure how fast she moves in the air compared to wario, but using cross-ups will help tremendously(landing on the other side from your airdodge, instead of just in front of him).
She has the second fastest air speed in the game behind Yoshi. "Cross-ups" are great as long as we don't get predictable and get pivot grabbed/fsmashed/something else gay.

Gimping is difficult but if you manage an offstage fair after his second jump you can get your easiest kill in this matchup(other than a whiffed upB to rest or something)
One of the few positive aspects in this match up (for us).

This matchup is all about patience on jigg's part on when to airdodge in, if you want to have any chance of winning...
Yeah, Jiggs HAS to take her time in this match up. Going overly aggressive will result in being walled by Fairs or Dancing Blade.

70:30 marth
I like the numbers.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Lol, this matchup isn't 65:35. It's honestly a 60:40 match that sucks on paper. Marth is not a character that gives me trouble. He's easy to juggle, easy to grab, easy to gimp, and pound works surprisingly well. Whether or not our fair is stale, we can gimp you with it from 1 far to more if it's stale. Jigglypuff has 5 jumps, and her uair's come out quicker than Marth's dair's, and usually we can predict airdodges. A really high level puff could rest you out of these airdodges (Mike is probably the only one with enough balls to attempt that, maybe Spoon. Lawl)

Marth can out space us though, with his fair being fast and somewhat comboable. For me atleast, it's easy to get by his fair's. I switch to bstick for this matchup, and b-reverse pounds work wonders for getting around Marth's sword range, letting you switch up the timing of your pounds to keep him guessing. Like I said, juggling is good on marth, and pound gets them in the air. Oh and bair chains really well on Marth. He's like the perfect weight.

Theres no doubt in my head Marth will win the majority of the matches, but Marth doesn't shut down Jiggly. The best Jiggz don't consider the matchup that bad, and they don't lose that often to Marths.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Lol, this matchup isn't 65:35. It's honestly a 60:40 match that sucks on paper. Marth is not a character that gives me trouble. He's easy to juggle, easy to grab, easy to gimp, and pound works surprisingly well. Whether or not our fair is stale, we can gimp you with it from 1 far to more if it's stale. Jigglypuff has 5 jumps, and her uair's come out quicker than Marth's dair's, and usually we can predict airdodges. A really high level puff could rest you out of these airdodges (Mike is probably the only one with enough balls to attempt that, maybe Spoon. Lawl)

Marth can out space us though, with his fair being fast and somewhat comboable. For me atleast, it's easy to get by his fair's. I switch to bstick for this matchup, and b-reverse pounds work wonders for getting around Marth's sword range, letting you switch up the timing of your pounds to keep him guessing. Like I said, juggling is good on marth, and pound gets them in the air. Oh and bair chains really well on Marth. He's like the perfect weight.

Theres no doubt in my head Marth will win the majority of the matches, but Marth doesn't shut down Jiggly. The best Jiggz don't consider the matchup that bad, and they don't lose that often to Marths.
Amen, brother.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm surprised, I'm seeing better summaries than I expected with this.....

Just remember he does have a decent air dodge and he can avoid our juggling if he's careful, but he can't easily punish us. Dair..... blows.

Framerate

Smash Lord
and her uair's come out quicker than Marth's dair's,
I honestly don't think this is true. I'll go check it out, but it just sounds wrong.

And I also noticed how easy it is to chain bair on marth. I thought it might be inexperience of my opponent, but it's getting more common. I need to play Xisin more to see what I can get away with.

Also also, Dolphin Slash OoS is devastating.

If the marth abuses Dolphin Slash OoS then it's gonna be like 65:35 Marth. If not it's more 60:40.

So I vote 62:38.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
and her uair's come out quicker than Marth's dair's
I honestly don't think this is true. I'll go check it out, but it just sounds wrong.

And I also noticed how easy it is to chain bair on marth. I thought it might be inexperience of my opponent, but it's getting more common. I need to play Xisin more to see what I can get away with.

Also also, Dolphin Slash OoS is devastating.

If the marth abuses Dolphin Slash OoS then it's gonna be like 65:35 Marth. If not it's more 60:40.

So I vote 62:38.
I think you're right. Marth's dair comes out faster than Jigg's uair (as well as with a weird hitbox), it's just the ending lag on his dair that destroys Marth.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Sorry, my bad. Uair feels like it comes out quicker. Never mind on the juggle though. The frame data is close so it's an honest mistake. ._.;;

I still stand by the rest of my points.

Top Bottom