• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Count

Smash Champion
There is NO WAY that it is 70-30 jigglypuff in the diddy kong matchup. It's slightly in jiggs favor imo, some diddy kongs think it is in our favor. I can back this up if need be but for now I'm going to bed.

Hi thinkaman!!

PND

Smash Champion
I've heard second hand that NinjaLink has admitted to that ratio. And Jigglymaster has played ADHD a bunch, and I've had a ton of matches against Pastaboy. There is so much we can do in this match up it's ridiculous.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Alex, wario has the best airgame in the game. Hands down. Off stage we are better but warios tend to be smart and jump about on stage. His aerials are simple much much better than ours (namely nair uair and dair but those 3 moves are better than our entire multitude of attacks =/)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Alex, wario has the best airgame in the game. Hands down. Off stage we are better but warios tend to be smart and jump about on stage. His aerials are simple much much better than ours (namely nair uair and dair but those 3 moves are better than our entire multitude of attacks =/)
Not really, put a Wario in the air against a Jigglypuff in the air, not touching ground and Jigglypuff has good options through pound and the like. However, he has much better approaches because of his use through his ground game.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That option would be if wario went offstage, which he wouldn't. Meaning he still has a better air game than us =/
No, I am saying plain and simple we have a better air game then he does. Because when we are both in the air, we win. He has 10 times better setups from the ground for his air game so his main weaknesses vanish. IE, he wins but we still have a better pure air game then he does.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Who? Anyways wario is better in the air thanks to massive priority, disjoint, air speed (vertical), and frankly the fact that he can outcamp us doesn't hurt either :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Who? Anyways wario is better in the air thanks to massive priority, disjoint, air speed (vertical), and frankly the fact that he can outcamp us doesn't hurt either :)
Here's the first match I got of him searching YT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZO8077Z14&fmt=6

Anyway, he's among the top 3 in Chicago (Quik, not sure if MachineGunNorm is Chicago, if so top 3, and Kirk). And probably top 10 midwest, best Wario likely.

EDIT: Forgot BOX7, top 4 for all of them lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
To make it simple, the way they designed the character jigglypuff SHOULD NOT have been in brawl. Her entire game relied on hitstun and a combination of vertical and horizontal airspeed. She only has horizontal left. Meanwhile wario's aerials have much more combo potential than ours, higher priority, he moves fast vertically and fast enough horizontally, and frankly these are the main reasons why he has a better air game.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I wrote this over at the Diddy Kong Boards so its gonna be in Diddy's Perspective.

I know a bit more than usual about this matchup since I main diddy and am really good with Jiggs.

Summary of character: If you thought Kirby and Mk were hard for Diddy, Jigglypuff will be your worst nightmare. In this matchup, Jigglypuff will HARDLY EVER touch the ground. She has the second fastest aerial speed, has 6 jumps, and has the slowest falling speed. She also has this move called Pound where she can attack you on the ground with a huge amount of priority w/o having to worry about getting hit by your bananas. The most banana combos your going to get in this match will be no more than 3 if your lucky when playing a good Jigglypuff. The good thing about this match is that shes the lightest character in the game and you can easily kill her which makes up for not being able to hit with your smash attacks.

Air Game: The ground is your best friend in this match because if Jigglypuff gets you off the stage theres a good chance your screwed regardless off %. Whatever you do stay ABOVE Jigglypuff when she knocks you off. Jigglypuff has a super long sex kick which completely stops your b foward and gaurentee the kill if it hits your rocket barrel .

Ground Game: If at any moment your somehow able to catch her on the ground immediately use your dash attack. Jiggs' ground game is super slow and she can't do **** especially out of your dash attack. Don't let her grab you though because she has some of the most damaging grabs in the game (each do 11% and a pummel does 3% each). Another thing to worry about is her d air, she can quickly jump and hit you with it and you better know how to DI it because if your at high % your going to get hit by rest. At lower %'s she'll mix her dair game up by either grabbing you after it or DI away after to make you do a U smash thinking that she'll try to combo you after it. The d air has diagonal hit boxes and its out there for a long time. Jigglypuff may not have a glide toss but shes very scary when she has a banana in her hands. If you try sheilding the banana she will follow up with pound which if your shield is less than 50% it will break giving Jigglypuff the chance to do a free fsmash or dsmash. If your near the ledge and you are playing against a smart Jigglypuff they will use the d smash and when that thing is charged your sent flying away and downards from the stage and trust me after that you won't be able to recover. Jigglypuff can also follow up with Rest but that dosn't happen much since its to risky. I haven't mentioned this much because it shouldn't be something to worry about but don't forget about rollout. Although Jigglypuff will slip on a nana out of rollout and thowing a naner at her will stop her also if this hits you you will die if your above 60% and thats something you don't want. Jigglypuff can also reverse b the startup in the air so it might look like shes charging towards you but actually shes going to go the opposite way and then hit you after you mis timed your attack or jump. The safest thing to do here is stay in the air the whole time. If she's still charging and your out of jumps quickly fall and then jump again. Don't sheild this because she can turn it 3 to 4 times which will either sheild poke you or break your shield.

What to avoid: Basically being off the stage. Also some Jigglypuffs have masterd this but not many. This is going to be scarey but Jigglypuff can rest out of multi hit combos. Meaning she can rest you out of your Fsmash, U smash, and AAA jab. Never ever use these smashes against them if your at high % and you know your playing a good puff. I wouldn't be surprised if some even tried to trick you by purpously missing a rest just to hit you with rest easier.

What to use: Fair fair fair. It out priorities Jigglypuffs fair and all of her other moves. Of course its going to be much harder for you to time it correctly since you don't have the arieal mobility that Jigglypuff has. But you CAN beat her in the air.

Counter picks: Jigglypuff is bad at stages with short ceilings or stages where she can't gimp you. Bring her to places such as FD, Castle Siege, Halberd, and SV. Jigglypuff on the other hand, has a ton load of cps against you such as Japes, Brinstar, RC, Norfair, Lylat, YI, BF, and Frigate. Don't be afraid of Jigglypuff if she cps' with Delfino, its not THAT good for her and most of the time its very hard for them to hit with rest in the water. You have a dair which will kill them regardless of % and you have a better chance at hitting them with it.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
The Diddy and Wario boards haven't been informed yet, right?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
A half waft from Wario kills you at about 30% or so if its perfect, so you have a very short lifespan.

I really dunno the matchup, but Wario is basically a heavier Jigglypuff who has an easier time killing and has the almighty chomp.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Diddy: Easiest matchup.

Wario: Second-hardest matchup.

Not really much of a mystery. And were people still complaining about Falco? Sheesh.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I'm not entirely sure about gw completely decimating us anymore, people who had horrendous matchup numbers against him are starting to go even because they've figured him out.

Metatitan

Smash Master
From the looks of peach vs gw (who used to be 35:65), the matchup now looks even after praxis when ballistic on leepuff. Point being I've played decent gw's with my jiggs and 2 stocked them before, and mind you they were DECENT. Not pro, not horrendous but decent. According to the matchup every talks about, even a bad gw should beat us and I normally 3 stock mediocre gw's.

Framerate

Smash Lord
From the looks of peach vs gw (who used to be 35:65), the matchup now looks even after praxis when ballistic on leepuff. Point being I've played decent gw's with my jiggs and 2 stocked them before, and mind you they were DECENT. Not pro, not horrendous but decent. According to the matchup every talks about, even a bad gw should beat us and I normally 3 stock mediocre gw's.
Haven't I been saying this since....... forever? I might kiss you for this post :D

Metatitan

Smash Master
Take some breath spray first and put on some chap stick.

Anyways GW is still horrible for us, just I have a hypothesis that he might be winnable now. Of course I need to get ***** by leepuff before confirming anything.

Framerate

Smash Lord
All his kill moves sans the fair are easy to see coming. Just stay away from him when he charges a smash. You might even want to run into his fairs early on so he can't kill you with it later. That's probably a terrible idea. Anyways if you just avoid his smashes that leaves his fair and a lucky Judgement9 to kill with. Also, shouldn't we be talking about some other characters or something?

PND

Smash Champion
I'm going to bed. For all intents and purposes, consider the discussion now on Robotic Operatic Buddy and bLucario.

I'll edit the OP tomorrow when I get back from sushi.

Top Bottom