• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Framerate

Smash Lord
Haha!

I got something right.

Well I did a little playing and I noticed, playing as Marth, that the dair is a little slower than expected. But it still is a little quicker than Jiggs uair. I'd say just avoid the dair and punish its terrible ending lag.

Edit: Oh! I think what you meant was that the Uair is faster than Marth can pull out a dair after hit stun. This could be very true, so Uair juggles would work against a stubborn Marth. Smart players will start air dodging.

PND

Smash Champion
One thing I love to exploit about Marth, his air dodge is terrible. if he uses it, you can hit him out of it just past the halfway mark.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm surprised, I'm seeing better summaries than I expected with this.....

Just remember he does have a decent air dodge and he can avoid our juggling if he's careful, but he can't easily punish us. Dair..... blows.
One thing I love to exploit about Marth, his air dodge is terrible. if he uses it, you can hit him out of it just past the halfway mark.
Who do I believe? lol

∫unk

Smash Master
Lol, this matchup isn't 65:35. It's honestly a 60:40 match that sucks on paper. Marth is not a character that gives me trouble. He's easy to juggle, easy to grab, easy to gimp, and pound works surprisingly well. Whether or not our fair is stale, we can gimp you with it from 1 far to more if it's stale. Jigglypuff has 5 jumps, and her uair's come out quicker than Marth's dair's, and usually we can predict airdodges. A really high level puff could rest you out of these airdodges (Mike is probably the only one with enough balls to attempt that, maybe Spoon. Lawl)

Marth can out space us though, with his fair being fast and somewhat comboable. For me atleast, it's easy to get by his fair's. I switch to bstick for this matchup, and b-reverse pounds work wonders for getting around Marth's sword range, letting you switch up the timing of your pounds to keep him guessing. Like I said, juggling is good on marth, and pound gets them in the air. Oh and bair chains really well on Marth. He's like the perfect weight.

Theres no doubt in my head Marth will win the majority of the matches, but Marth doesn't shut down Jiggly. The best Jiggz don't consider the matchup that bad, and they don't lose that often to Marths.
I remember when Metatitan used to make these posts... before he played me. A good Marth is really, really hard to get inside with Jiggs.

PNDMike said:
I'm basing my opinion off of frame data and experience, so believe whoever you want.
I thought Marth's air dodge was standard frame data wise? Regardless a good Marth doesn't rely on airdodge.

And if you're making match up discussions with personal experience, then it's pretty much a worthless post. Read Steel2nd's guide on how to properly discuss matchups in Brawl tactical.

I don't like giving matchup ratios but good Marths should never lose to Jiggs in a set...

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I have a decent amount of experience here thanks to Thinkaman. Here's what the Mr. Game & Watch side looks like (you are discussing him too and not just Marth, right?).

Jigglypuff is one of my easier matchups, but it's not completely hopeless for her. My baseline strategy is to throw a wall of turtle at Jigglypuff and let her crash on the priority, but she has some answers. For one, her attack speed (in the air where she should always be) is a lot higher than Mr. Game & Watch's. If we are both in the air next to each other in a neutral position, just quickly throwing something out will hit me. Because of this, there's a funky spacing thing. You are fine if you're really close to me and fine if we're mutually out of range. That middle zone where I can turtle you safely is very, very bad. Stay out of it or lose. If you can define the match in terms of your speed instead of my range, you will like it a lot more.

Pound is your friend. Pound beats out everything except my up special (which, if this comes up, you are seriously terrible at positioning). Pound is also pretty damaging. I really don't get devastatingly much out of you landing Pound on my shield (just a grab, and I take a lot of shield damage); don't be shy about it.

If you are on the ground (and this should be seldom), you can enjoy that your grab game is much better than mine... provided you know how to tech the dthrow. Use it to punish misspaced turtles and inappropriate keys.

Rollout is a crazy move that with proper timing goes through all of my attacks. It's not the safest thing, but mixing it in gives me cause to worry. G&W likes to charge smashes in general; charging Rollout in response is a pretty nasty thing to do.

Over the edge is your biggest point of triumph. You destroy my attempts at planking with your mobility and Pound, and if you are really relentless you can rack tons of damage by hitting me out of the start up of up special (my only answer to this kind of pressure is to (S)DI away and mash out up special). You probably won't gimp me, but you can cause me pain.

Don't hang out below me unless getting hit by the key sounds fun. You probably won't land a lot of uair because of this.

Don't worry about being blasted upward by uair. My kill moves don't really have a chance to get stale against you anyway, and taking risks to prevent me from refreshing will only hurt you.

If you start getting hit, trying to pull in and pull a shenanigan is likely to result in you eating a fishbowl. That's really hard to land against Jigglypuff in general, but if you make it easy on me...

Um, don't jump into usmash, especially if I'm charging it. Everyone does it, but you die lower to that mistake than everyone else.

Float over the ground just so in your approaches so it's tricky for me to land dsmash. If I start spamming dsmash, be ready to punish since your mobility makes you very capable.

This hasn't come up in my games, but I could see it being plausible. If you run into a G&W who gets kill hungry and starts using a lot of fair, see if you can catch him in the landing lag. I'm pretty sure that's a free Rest.

As per stages, against most G&W players Jungle Japes will be your best bet. You can use Rollout there really safely, and the blast zones favor your attack style a lot. G&W can attack through the narrow platforms well, but you can uair through them too so it's a fair trade. In general if you play for the side platforms the stage leads to us both jumping around with more limited spacing options... that's your cue! Thinkaman has taken me to Norfair a few times; it's alright for her but it's one of G&W's best stages too so I don't think it's the greatest help.

I know most G&W players are in love with Rainbow Cruise, but I personally would be a bit anxious if a Jigglypuff took me there. That's totally speculation since I've never done it, but it seems to play to your strengths a lot more than mine. I also have this funky feeling that PictoChat might be one of your better stages in this matchup, but I can be crazy sometimes so take it with a grain of salt.

If Green Greens is legal in your region, don't let me have it. Corneria is about the same way but in my radical opinion not quite as bad for you. After those, personally, I'd go Halberd on Jigglypuff. If you have your ban after dealing with worst case scenario, that's what I'd use it on.

I see this as about 70-30. You can win; you just have to know the matchup and generally outplay me. Despairing over it won't help you anyway...

I hope this helped you guys out.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I like most of this except for two things:

Green Greens

and Rainbow Cruise

Rainbow Cruise really kills Jigglypuff early, and she has to play a constant hide and seek game for everything but the bottom, but even there, she dies very early and so 1 smash = 1 death for almost all situations.

Green Greens however has a high enough ceiling so with practice, you can actually do fairly well here. The layout is fairly good for her and for some reason or another, especially its unpredictability, I like to go there.

SDC

Smash Lord
I have a decent amount of experience here thanks to Thinkaman. Here's what the Mr. Game & Watch side looks like (you are discussing him too and not just Marth, right?).

Jigglypuff is one of my easier matchups, but it's not completely hopeless for her. My baseline strategy is to throw a wall of turtle at Jigglypuff and let her crash on the priority, but she has some answers. For one, her attack speed (in the air where she should always be) is a lot higher than Mr. Game & Watch's. If we are both in the air next to each other in a neutral position, just quickly throwing something out will hit me. Because of this, there's a funky spacing thing. You are fine if you're really close to me and fine if we're mutually out of range. That middle zone where I can turtle you safely is very, very bad. Stay out of it or lose. If you can define the match in terms of your speed instead of my range, you will like it a lot more.

Pound is your friend. Pound beats out everything except my up special (which, if this comes up, you are seriously terrible at positioning). Pound is also pretty damaging. I really don't get devastatingly much out of you landing Pound on my shield (just a grab, and I take a lot of shield damage); don't be shy about it.

If you are on the ground (and this should be seldom), you can enjoy that your grab game is much better than mine... provided you know how to tech the dthrow. Use it to punish misspaced turtles and inappropriate keys.

Rollout is a crazy move that with proper timing goes through all of my attacks. It's not the safest thing, but mixing it in gives me cause to worry. G&W likes to charge smashes in general; charging Rollout in response is a pretty nasty thing to do.

Over the edge is your biggest point of triumph. You destroy my attempts at planking with your mobility and Pound, and if you are really relentless you can rack tons of damage by hitting me out of the start up of up special (my only answer to this kind of pressure is to (S)DI away and mash out up special). You probably won't gimp me, but you can cause me pain.

Don't hang out below me unless getting hit by the key sounds fun. You probably won't land a lot of uair because of this.

Don't worry about being blasted upward by uair. My kill moves don't really have a chance to get stale against you anyway, and taking risks to prevent me from refreshing will only hurt you.

If you start getting hit, trying to pull in and pull a shenanigan is likely to result in you eating a fishbowl. That's really hard to land against Jigglypuff in general, but if you make it easy on me...

Um, don't jump into usmash, especially if I'm charging it. Everyone does it, but you die lower to that mistake than everyone else.

Float over the ground just so in your approaches so it's tricky for me to land dsmash. If I start spamming dsmash, be ready to punish since your mobility makes you very capable.

This hasn't come up in my games, but I could see it being plausible. If you run into a G&W who gets kill hungry and starts using a lot of fair, see if you can catch him in the landing lag. I'm pretty sure that's a free Rest.

As per stages, against most G&W players Jungle Japes will be your best bet. You can use Rollout there really safely, and the blast zones favor your attack style a lot. G&W can attack through the narrow platforms well, but you can uair through them too so it's a fair trade. In general if you play for the side platforms the stage leads to us both jumping around with more limited spacing options... that's your cue! Thinkaman has taken me to Norfair a few times; it's alright for her but it's one of G&W's best stages too so I don't think it's the greatest help.

I know most G&W players are in love with Rainbow Cruise, but I personally would be a bit anxious if a Jigglypuff took me there. That's totally speculation since I've never done it, but it seems to play to your strengths a lot more than mine. I also have this funky feeling that PictoChat might be one of your better stages in this matchup, but I can be crazy sometimes so take it with a grain of salt.

If Green Greens is legal in your region, don't let me have it. Corneria is about the same way but in my radical opinion not quite as bad for you. After those, personally, I'd go Halberd on Jigglypuff. If you have your ban after dealing with worst case scenario, that's what I'd use it on.

I see this as about 70-30. You can win; you just have to know the matchup and generally outplay me. Despairing over it won't help you anyway...

time for me to start despairing about this matchup. its hopeless. ****ing hopeless :urg:
rofl jk jk :chuckle: but i still hate this matchup with a passion:mad:

thanks for the advice, but you didnt tell us how to stop judgement 9s?!?! lol

Framerate

Smash Lord
I think 70:30 sounds reasonable for G&W. I'd rather play a G&W over a Snake any day...

Metatitan

Smash Master

Normally jigglypuff should be in the air. Against GW however this is suicide. GW's turtle beats out jigglypuff's aerials, including pound. Pound is as effective on GW as any other character, don't think it is a magic tool because of it's high priotiy.

Now I have mentioned that jigglypuff cannot fight GW in the air due to his superior priority and range, how are you exactly supposed to fight him? The answer is that you will be fighting this entire matchup with out of shield aerials and backwards shorthops (for spacing or for the spacing needed to land a Fair in)). Bair is almost completely useless in this matchup, GW's aerials give it a very tiny window where you can hit with it so when you find room to hit with it, use it. Most of this matchup should consist of your spaced Fairs, spaced grabs, and Nairs (preferably retreating and OoS). Rollout is useless in this matchup as it should be in every, don't use it.

Now from what I've mentioned, wracking damage up on GW is difficult. So with Fair stale, jiggs is left with four kill options, dash attack, rest, f smash and Dacus. Drill rest should be one of your main kill moves, it kills early and the risk is worth it because you're gonna die at like 80% anyways, why not go for it? Note that uptilt can be used as well. Dacus is used for its massive disjoint, punish his Dairs with it if you can. Dash attack is the surprise KO and f smash is meant to read his roles. I'll write more later when I have time.

GW is such a weird matchup for us because he forces us to play completely different. You have to hide in your shield from his aerials and do your best to counter them with OoS and AMAZING spacing. Idk about numbers exactly for this one, I've heard stuff ranged from 40:60 (burntsocks' opinion b/c of my jiggs) to 20:80. I'll do my best to play leepuff and see how that goes (lmao I'm gonna get *****) and mabey then I'll have a solid number.

Also green greens can be AMAZING for jiggs against gw. Just run the entire time and try to lure his retardedly big hitboxes into the exploding blocks. The low kill zones will mean you die early but so does he. This stage really is russian roulette because you don't know what the outcome will be.

Remilia Scarlet

Smash Cadet
Something you guys might want to try:

As you know, SDI out of turtle into punishment is easy and possible with many characters. Find out if and when you can do this into a rest.

And if you're making match up discussions with personal experience, then it's pretty much a worthless post.
I dunno, personal experience is pretty important, especially for specific details... (such as the one mike was refering to)

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
*Big post*
What are you talking about with OoS? Don't tell me you have tap jump on for jigglypuff! If you do, please tell me that just means you botch all moves with 'U' preceding them and you use a button to make her jump.

Something you guys might want to try:

As you know, SDI out of turtle into punishment is easy and possible with many characters. Find out if and when you can do this into a rest.

I dunno, personal experience is pretty important, especially for specific details... (such as the one mike was refering to)

I'm not sure if we can perfect rest the turtle. If we can, it would tip the matchup more in our favor for sure. Do any of you guys know?

So, did you stop using you Retlaf account completely, or what, lol?

PND

Smash Champion
And if you're making match up discussions with personal experience, then it's pretty much a worthless post. Read Steel2nd's guide on how to properly discuss matchups in Brawl tactical.
A) I was referring to the air dodge discrepancy that we were discussing. Yes, I *did* base that off of frame data and personal experience. What else would I base that off of, competitive air dodging? There's nothing else I can possibly base that off of.

B) Secondly, matchup ratios should be determined by the tools the character possesses, I've read that topic and I completely agree. . . but when I give the PND's Take section, yes, that is my personal experience. It's not meant to influence the matchup, instead kick start discussion.

C) Due to Jiggs high air speed and mobility, baiting and punishing IS a tool rather than an abstract "mind game" with her, as she can drift into range of moves and drift out during the startup. It has tangible results, you can see it happen. I'm not saying getting into the range of a Marth is easy, but it is possible. Seriously, Wario can get in your range. We're faster than him, albeit a bit lighter. If you can generally accept that Wario can get in your range, you have to accept that Jiggs can too.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Jiggernaut, no offense, but are you stupid? Because that latest post was really really dumb. Out of shield means jumping out of shield, whether you use an aerial or not is your choice and tap jump has no relevance to it whatsoever. No I have tap jump off, it would screw yoshi if I had it on. And there is nothing wrong with people who have tap jump on.

Here is what I have fought the matchup as based on my knowledge as a yoshi main.

Yoshi cannot perform true Out of Shield options due to his inability to jump out of his shield. So we do our best to rely on spotdodges. We do however HAVE to use our shield because shielding is very important. So what do we do? We shield the first part of the attack and spotdodge the rest. Against gw's turtle, this is just a perfect method to do it by because yoshi's shield cannot be as easily pierced.

Jigglypuff has a normal shield so how exactly is this relevant? Simply do the same thing. If you find gw has eaten your shield just spotdodge some of the turtle as much as you can to take less damage than you normally would. You must realize that because of gw's priority you will not be able to always replay with an OoS Fair. Just try and stay clear of his wall of super priority aerials and look for openings.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Rainbow Cruise really kills Jigglypuff early, and she has to play a constant hide and seek game for everything but the bottom, but even there, she dies very early and so 1 smash = 1 death for almost all situations.

Green Greens however has a high enough ceiling so with practice, you can actually do fairly well here. The layout is fairly good for her and for some reason or another, especially its unpredictability, I like to go there.
Green Greens however has a high enough ceiling so with practice, you can actually do fairly well here. The layout is fairly good
Green Greens however has a high enough ceiling
high enough ceiling
This. This is the problem.

Green Greens has the lowest ceiling of all legal stages. Only Corneria is lower.

Jigglypuff should never, ever want to play on Green Greens.

Normally jigglypuff should be in the air. Against GW however this is suicide. GW's turtle beats out jigglypuff's aerials, including pound. Pound is as effective on GW as any other character, don't think it is a magic tool because of it's high priotiy.
No, it really is quite magical. You need to use Pound as much as possible agaisnt G&W.

Rollout is useless in this matchup as it should be in every, don't use it.
Actually this is one matchup where it is vaguely reliable. Against mediocre G&Ws who spam turtle, it can be used to punishing the landing lag of turtle. It shouldn't work against G&W mains, but the ability to prevent random Joe Nobody from counter-picking G&W agiasnt you and winning is a really important skill to have.

Also green greens can be AMAZING for jiggs against gw. Just run the entire time and try to lure his retardedly big hitboxes into the exploding blocks. The low kill zones will mean you die early but so does he. This stage really is russian roulette because you don't know what the outcome will be.
That only works against NOJ.

Green Greens is G&W's best stage, Jigglypuff's worst stage (if Corneria isn't legal), and should always be banned against all G&W players at all time.

K?

∫unk

Smash Master
A) I was referring to the air dodge discrepancy that we were discussing. Yes, I *did* base that off of frame data and personal experience. What else would I base that off of, competitive air dodging? There's nothing else I can possibly base that off of.
Show me frame date where Marth's air dodge is bad. My point was I doubt you have any idea what you're talking about, nor does it matter. Air dodging with Marth isn't even his best defensive option.

B) Secondly, matchup ratios should be determined by the tools the character possesses, I've read that topic and I completely agree. . . but when I give the PND's Take section, yes, that is my personal experience. It's not meant to influence the matchup, instead kick start discussion.
Ah sorry I didn't know you were posting your personal opinion.

C) Due to Jiggs high air speed and mobility, baiting and punishing IS a tool rather than an abstract "mind game" with her, as she can drift into range of moves and drift out during the startup. It has tangible results, you can see it happen. I'm not saying getting into the range of a Marth is easy, but it is possible. Seriously, Wario can get in your range. We're faster than him, albeit a bit lighter. If you can generally accept that Wario can get in your range, you have to accept that Jiggs can too.
I'm not good at discussing what tools each character has and matchup ratios, but it's not easy for Wario's to get inside either, and they **** way harder once they are.

I don't really care for the actual matchup discussion because Jiggs will never be a tournament contender, and really you can play the matchup like you're fighting Wario and do fine even with little Jiggs experience.

You can discuss all you want but... in the end some things are hard to understand until you experience it at a high level (ex. the value of Marth rarily messing up spacing and having stage control).

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team

Now I have mentioned that jigglypuff cannot fight GW in the air due to his superior priority and range, how are you exactly supposed to fight him? The answer is that you will be fighting this entire matchup with out of shield aerials and backwards shorthops (for spacing or for the spacing needed to land a Fair in)). Bair is almost completely useless in this matchup, GW's aerials give it a very tiny window where you can hit with it so when you find room to hit with it, use it. Most of this matchup should consist of your spaced Fairs, spaced grabs, and Nairs (preferably retreating and OoS). Rollout is useless in this matchup as it should be in every, don't use it.

Now from what I've mentioned, wracking damage up on GW is difficult. So with Fair stale, jiggs is left with four kill options, dash attack, rest, f smash and Dacus. Drill rest should be one of your main kill moves, it kills early and the risk is worth it because you're gonna die at like 80% anyways, why not go for it? Note that uptilt can be used as well. Dacus is used for its massive disjoint, punish his Dairs with it if you can. Dash attack is the surprise KO and f smash is meant to read his roles. I'll write more later when I have time.

GW is such a weird matchup for us because he forces us to play completely different. You have to hide in your shield from his aerials and do your best to counter them with OoS and AMAZING spacing. Idk about numbers exactly for this one, I've heard stuff ranged from 40:60 (burntsocks' opinion b/c of my jiggs) to 20:80. I'll do my best to play leepuff and see how that goes (lmao I'm gonna get *****) and mabey then I'll have a solid number.

Turtle doesn't really "beat out" her aerials, and it certainly doesn't beat out Pound. Here's the thing you need to know about turtle. It has ridiculously huge range and hits a bunch of times. It doesn't come out until frame 10. Actually, here's the first frame all of his aerials hit on:

nair: 7
fair: 10
bair: 10
uair: 6
dair: 12

Now, here's Jigglypuff:

nair: 6
fair: 8
bair: 8
uair: 8
dair: 5
Pound: 13

You have higher attack speed in the air and more mobility. Seriously, you can challenge Mr. Game & Watch in the air. His moves do NOT beat yours if you hit him first or even at the same time (particularly Pound!). The only reason they SEEM to beat yours out is because he's outspacing you and generally exploiting his range. Match his spacing with your timing. You are basically suggesting defining the game in terms of spacing. If you do that, you lose really badly. His spacing is better than yours; all he does is space. Of course you should still strive for good spacing, but you seriously do not want to allow the match to be defined in those terms. To put it more clearly, slow play seems rewarding to you at first since you don't lose as fast, but Mr. Game & Watch has inevitability on his side. If you slowly chip away at each other, he wins every time. You need to get in his face and press the attack. Seeing as you're Jigglypuff, that means taking to the air. Before you learn the matchup you'll lose a lot, but this is really the way to win.

Mr. Game & Watch has the best shield pressure game out of the entire cast. I'd rethink any strategies that involve heavy shield seeing as you don't have grenades or a frame 1 invincible up special or even a tether grab. Running from me in general is pretty useless; the more time you spend away from me the more time I have to set up optimal turtle spacing. It would be different if you had a projectile or something, but you don't. You don't even have a good move to stop my approaches like Shuttle Loop. In Jigglypuff's case, running is just delaying the inevitable.

All of your ground moves except a well timed Rollout are trivially stuffed by dtilt. DACUS is never going to hit me, for instance. Dash attack is decent as a surprise, but if you are ever predictable with it I am going to sit back and let my dtilt do the talking. Given that Jigglypuff has the single worst ground speed out of the entire cast, you don't really get many opportunities to be unpredictable unless you are in the air.

Rollout does punish me for charging smashes (it's actually probably the best punishment that any character has), and it's your only real hope of killing me under 100%. It does a lot of damage to the point where even if you only land half as many Rollouts as get punished (ones that just whiff and do nothing don't count, and if you do it right that's most likely anyway), you are winning. It's obviously a situational move, but I can say from the perspective of playing against Jigglypuff that it's one of the few things she has that makes me actually worry. I actually ban Final Destination when playing Thinkaman just so I don't have to deal with Rollout if I don't want to (I like playing on all of his reasonable CPs).

What doesn't worry me is Rest. Drillrest isn't a combo and isn't reasonable to land anyway since landing dair requires you to be right above me which is prime territory for my usmash, uspecial, nair, uair, and to a lesser extent utilt. Like, if you try this, I'm just going to uspecial you out of dair until you get the hint, and when you whiff Rest I'm going to punish you so hard with a fully charged smash that you'll wish you died as high as 80%. Really, just risk-reward wise, Rest is a terrible, terrible move. My fully charged usmash is pretty much the same thing except mine isn't really very punishable while yours lets me do literally anything for free. The only time I would seriously use Rest would be in situations where the stage is going to cancel the ending lag for you (water like on Delfino or something funky like springs on PictoChat). Otherwise it's a lot of risk with not nearly enough reward.

Your utilt isn't really practical since it doesn't really chain well against me (I'm light and floaty too!) and more importantly requires you and me to be right on top of each other on the ground which is pretty much never going to happen.

A note about my dair. I will really only use this into a platform or when we are both in the air. I'm not going to randomly dair into your shield or the ground within your DACUS range or anything unless you manage to legitimately fake me out which probably requires you to have been in the air in the first place. It's just not something you can rely on; good G&W are judicious with dair use since we know it gets punished otherwise.

That is... a great misrepresentation of Green Greens. Do you really think good G&W players are going to be lured into hitting exploding blocks? Russian roulette? You have to understand that good G&W play is all about being careful. The character is all spacing; I'm sure our huge hitboxes seem unwieldy to you, but we can maneuver that turtle like surgeons. If we hit those bombs, we won't be hurt. We will hit them deliberately when we are out of range. You also have no hope of outcamping us here. G&W is a ridiculously efficient camping character on Green Greens; only Snake can really match him. Basically, I'm going to sit on one of the side platforms when I'm up. You can either go through the blocks which makes it easy for me to turtle you or go over and around them which makes it easy for me to up special through you and then run to the other far platform. If you get the lead and try to do the same thing, the platforms are positioned almost literally perfectly for Chef. The low ceiling helps me more than you since my usmash is so good and you are forced to approach me from above so much. I have a ton of other little tricks on this stage too like how good the side platforms are for me, invincibility frames through blocks from below, dtilt locks on the blocks as walls, dsmash on the small platforms being just plain ridiculous, glide tossing apples... The thing furthest from the truth is that you never know what's going to happen on the stage. The stage is probably the single stage G&W is best at controlling.

I really think I know this matchup well, and I'm just trying to convey the things Jigglypuff can do that make it harder on me. It's uphill regardless, but that's really all the more reason you have to play actively and force your strengths.

PND

Smash Champion
Show me frame date where Marth's air dodge is bad. My point was I doubt you have any idea what you're talking about, nor does it matter. Air dodging with Marth isn't even his best defensive option.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236133

Take a look at the last section. Correction, second worst. Right above Peach. 19 frames at the end of your dodge where you're completely vulnerable. 19 frames is a long time. It's enough to medium charge a rollout, not that I'm proposing doing so. So no, I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about.

Without air dodges, how do you propose stopping uair juggling? And don't say dair, it won't work on a good puff. If you DI to either side, you're completely vulnerable when you use it to either a bair or fair, and if you use it straight above us can poke in at your far rear or front during it.

You can discuss all you want but... in the end some things are hard to understand until you experience it at a high level (ex. the value of Marth rarily messing up spacing and having stage control).
You know, I had a huge angry post written up about my credentials, etcetera, but you know what? I don't need to prove myself to you. I could list off all the top / high level players I've faced, but there's no point in turning this into an experience shouting match. So "**** you" will suffice.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The thing is from the footage I saw of you and Thinkaman, you BOTH played the matchup terribly.
For a moment there you had me going, thinking that someone had actually recorded me and Ampharos's matches, that they were on the Internet somewhere, and that you were qualified to have an expert opinion on them the community would value.

Then I remembered that none of those things are true, and you are probably talking about some doubles match.

Edit: Well cross my eyes and call me a Sonic main, it seems someone did record that set and put it on YouTube. I'm going to give you a shot to go 3-for-3 then, and share with the class the terrible flaws that me and Ampharos did in those matches? Did he perhaps not do enough 9 hammers or fully charged buckets against me? Or did I just not use enough nado and nades? (I make both mistakes frequently it appears.)

ON TOPIC: G&W destroys Jigglypuff. He shuts us down on the ground *totally*, has too much mobility and priority in the air for us to space around his aerials and counter-attack, and kills at a low percent. There is frankly almost nothing to debate, because all of G&W's advantages are rather absolute. This matchup would be at least 90:10 for him if it were not for Pound...

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
That's a lot of smack talk coming from someone who doesn't know how to use the character's ground game :)
What are you talking about? I'm totally pro at Jigglypuff's ground game!

By that, I mean that I can roll and grab.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
When will this discussion close?

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So the Falco ratio hasn't been figured out yet, right?

Metatitan

Smash Master
We're debating somewhere between 35:65 and 50:50. Honestly I've seen a lot about ducking and jumping from your duck. Now tell me something, falco forces you into a controlled position and has a lot more on us (movewise) than we do on him. What is is about jiggs that makes the matchup even?

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, updated for Wario and Diddy. I vote 55-45 Falco, but don't feel like discussing it right now. . . . maybe later. Thoughts?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Not experienced with diddy but wario ***** us. He's one of the few characters in the game with a better air game than us (****!) and he has a fantastic ground game to screw us over even more. He has massive disjoint, massive priority, his aerials do a ton of damage and frankly we stand about as much of a chance against him as gw. 30:70 wario

Glick

Smash Lord
You can gimp wario really easily. Can you gimp G&W easily?
G&W can kill you with every single smash he has at OBSCENE numbers and has dair and fair.
Wario can fsmash, clap and fart once every minute.
G&W can box you out with bair and out space you and out prioritize you with nair (For everything).
Wario has smaller range on forward movement attacks. Relies on pokes and you are faster then him in the air.

It isn't good for jiggz but it certainly isn't the LOL wrong numbers you have.

Fix your extremly wrong numbers.

PND

Smash Champion
Honestly, after playing some good air camping Warios I firmly believe that those numbers are correct. I used to think it was about 60-40, back before Warios got all airdodge happy.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The problem with wario isn't his ground game, jiggs has to deal with a lot of chars with good ground games (namely every char but her). Wario actually does have a much better airgame than her, and with that she just simply does not stand a chance.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The problem with wario isn't his ground game, jiggs has to deal with a lot of chars with good ground games (namely every char but her). Wario actually does have a much better airgame than her, and with that she just simply does not stand a chance.
Not really, he has a much better ground to air game, and he has a strong air game, but she has a better air game. Unfortunately, he ***** in approaches by using it in tandem with his ground game so we lose.

Top Bottom