• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
GGs all. I'll get my router issues sorted out and hopefully won't suck as bad next time.

M@v

Subarashii!
Sorry I missed it guys. Turns out my first day of work was the busiest day that restaurant they have had in a while, resulting in me being there late :(. If anyone is still on I'm down for some matches.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Alright we got our own forum up.

But just make sure we still keep this thread active. We'll use this thread for setting up matches and adding new FC's and such.

No advertising!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I know many say that we shouldn't make rules this early in the game, but we should do something in my opinion. So for the first tourney, (should be in about a week or two) this is the rule set I propose, please make comments, I'm trying to keep it consistent with what I've heard from others.

Weapon sets:
Human
Near/Far
Long range

Game type:
Quick Match

Maps:
All

For simplicity, we'll start with 2 v 2s I think, and probably go on to 4 man teams in later tourneys since that seems to be the format larger tourneys will be using.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Great, Another place where I still have problems going to since I'm not logged in or anything.

I'm still gonna post here, only because I don't want to have to sign up for yet another forums without my parents permission (I am only 17 to be fair).

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not gonna sign up to that forum, but I'm staying in this thread. Sorry, I just don't like registering for a lot of boards. (I have like 10 right now. XD)

Cool Xat chat, I'll go to it at least.

Also, I tried to get into that game last night, but it was full whenever I tried. Oh well, at least it let me have some of my best matches EVER. Lol. In one I had 29-11 kill/death with an 8 kill streak, a 5 kill streak, and a 6. Oh, and this was all in the last 6-7 minutes.

Best. Match. Ever.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
So I'm thinking tonight around 10:30 ET again we get some matches going. I should be able to make it. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I know it was talked about last night that some could. Just meet on the Xat chat around 10 or 10:15. We might break into small 2v2 or 3v3's to test some things out.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

bad picture I know, but somehow I managed to glitch through the floor, and I looked up and the floor just kept getting further, and I landed. I could still walk around, shoot, jump, and everything normal, but it said I died, so i just kept walking in a straight line and I reappeared on the level like a re spawn, and at the end of the mission, it said that my deaths were 0.
Just something weird I found.
Oh, and this happened when I was right in front of one of those doors that open and when you keep going they close.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I had something similar happen to me. :o A section of the hallway on one mission was black for some reason, presumably because it hadn't loaded or whatever, and I decided to walk on it to see what would happen (it had happened before, but by the time I reached it it had loaded). I fell through and got the mission failed message even though I hadn't technically died, but I didn't attempt to walk around or anything and just restarted, so I don't know if I was in the exact same position as you.

Another bug I found was when enemies were phasing into the floor and could still move around and shoot. It happened once to some mites in the hatchery room on the level where you go under the library (they were running underneath the top floor, but parts of their bodies were sticking out so I could still shoot them, and they could still attack me), and it happened again to a Medi-Mite in a sewer area that was probably on the seventh mission (this time I couldn't even see or shoot the Mite while he could shoot me with his Warp pistol. It was kinda freaky actually, I thought I killed all the enemies and was moving on to the next level, when suddenly I'm shot from behind, turn around, and I don't see anyone. I eventually saw the shots were coming from under the bridge, but I couldn't do anything so I just left him).

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Also, another thing that happened, was I was in the Pentagon mission, in one of the stairwells, and I opened a door, and then decided not to go through so i keep going upstairs. There were no aliens that got in the stairwell, but somehow I was getting shot at by shriekers and strike riffles O_o The bullets were just randomly appearing in the stairwell. Another time, i was under a bridge, and there were some Drones with Strike riffles (duh) and the rounds were just exploding under the stairwell.
I think I like making my game glitch =] not on purpose though...

RDK

Smash Hero
We need to enact the genius idea of challenging AiB's sub-par Conduit team to a clan match.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Could someone give me their honest opinion on the game? I've played the demo from last year and it does look great, but I'm wondering if I should hold back for Red Steel 2.

Anyone wanna recommend it?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
No. OK, the game is again, a classic shooter, whose main advantage is the console it's on. However, the Multiplayer does well and the single player still holds (although digging for the story is partially required, as the back story is where much of the effort went to). Just watching and playing the game kinda leaves it bland, but I can make the same argument for Metroid prime (I like Metroid and all, but without scanning everything [and giving incentive to scan everything], the story would be kinda shallow [explore, shoot up the stuff that gets in your way, backtrack, and repeat in random order] [actually deep story doesn't come until echoes]). If you look deep enough (and look some stuff up), then the story becomes amazingly deep.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Could someone give me their honest opinion on the game? I've played the demo from last year and it does look great, but I'm wondering if I should hold back for Red Steel 2.

Yeah, I recommend it.
Reviewers may call it "generic", but it's story isn't like a lot (If any) FPS out there.

But if you have a friend who has this game, test it out and see for yourself if this is the right game for you.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord

Read this review: http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/the-c.../a-20090623124854618043/g-2008041813828831009

It pretty much sums up my opinion on the game, and is quite entertaining. But if you're too lazy to read it and just want a quick summation, if:

a) the only 3rd gen console you own is a Wii
b) you like FPS games (which I assume you would, all considered)
c) you like IR gun games or want to try them out, and/or are tired of dual analog FPS's
d) you are okay with having an only mildly interesting and quite short campaign in favour of stellar online multiplayer
e) you want to support 3rd party games for the Wii which it desperately needs
f) you like explosives on Pentagon

...then this is the game for you.

You don't need to have all of the above. I would say the only one that is truly mandatory is a), but this game can still be enjoyable without it if you are any variation of c). d) is quite important too, so if you're only buying this game for the story/single player experience, get Red Steel 2.

M@v

Subarashii!

bad picture I know, but somehow I managed to glitch through the floor, and I looked up and the floor just kept getting further, and I landed. I could still walk around, shoot, jump, and everything normal, but it said I died, so i just kept walking in a straight line and I reappeared on the level like a re spawn, and at the end of the mission, it said that my deaths were 0.
Just something weird I found.
Oh, and this happened when I was right in front of one of those doors that open and when you keep going they close.
This happened to me on the Library of Congress level once.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Somebody needs to step up and make a forum for this game that doesn't suck. Any takers?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I don't think i will be able to make it on tonight. I will give a try but it is giving me some issues connecting.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I got the conduit the first day it came out. Felt like I was playing halo with bad matchmaking. I traded it in for 25$ and bought the minish cap. Best desicion I've ever made :D

Darkslash

Smash Master
I got the conduit the first day it came out. Felt like I was playing halo with bad matchmaking. I traded it in for 25$ and bought the minish cap. Best desicion I've ever made :D
Lolwut?

This has got to be the most lol worthy thing I have read this week. Thank you for making me laugh.

Top Bottom