• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Tonight may not work for a lot of people since it's the 4th :/

I know it won't work for me.

WOW I just had an amazing game. Led my team in kills (14 lol I know it sucks) and my teammates were trash, the other team was running around in 3 person teams, it was a 6 on 3 for most of the match. This one time team came at me, I had a SCAR and a Pistol, 2 of their guys had pistols, one had a shotty, I headshot the 2 pistol guys then pistol the shotty guy in the head a few times en route to a 6 kill streak before someone on the other team notices how I'm screwing up their plan and nades me. After that they started traveling in 5 or 6 person squads, and yeah that just sucked for my team.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Wii speak muffles the ingame sounds, and the wii speak owner didn't actually use it to talk. At the beginning of each match there was an echo effect from wii speak picking up the start match sound.
Was that me, or are you talking about a different set of games?

Regardless, sorry about yesterday guys, I know you were annoyed at my Wiispeak since I popped in upstairs to see you asking how to Mute. <.> I'll try to adjust my volume/Wiispeak sensitivity (or, better yet, get a headset + Skype), so you can hopefully unmute me when we play again.

Anyways, those were some fun games last night. I believe I also got my best score yet, with 18 kills and 7 deaths, an unprecedented +11 overall. :bee: Of course, it was Objective and it wasn't KO (Killing Overdrive), but I'd like to think my elimination of the opposing players was what helped us win in the end. :p

That Explosive KO on Bunker game was so close, we were one kill away from losing. I was just planning on riding our 2-1 ASE lead until timeout, but I forgot it was KO and the deaths were mounting up fast, and when both teams were at 74 I said "Just kill someone!" and we got M@V who was sneaking into our base. :laugh: Speaking of which, I think M@V and I are the only ones who know the true power of the TPC launcher, since I never see anyone else using it on a regular basis. People seem to think they're totally defenseless after they shoot a rocket and just try to take cover even if they take off half of the opposing player's health, but there's nothing stopping them from taking out their TPC and draining the last bit of life from them. I usually just use the TPC from the get go, I am absolutely horrible at using rockets. >.> TPC pride!

Oh, and last night had the largest amount of rad stickies I've ever gotten. It's amazing how accurate crouching and throwing a grenade where the opponent is about to be is. :laugh: I got a double kill from one too lol. I know I had at least 3 of them, and at least two of those were on RDK. Sooo...should we up it to 80:20 NEDM advantage? :p

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I will probably use tonight to train a bit since there isn't an official practice. Maybe one night we need to set up skype and have the top players try out leading teams.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Speaking of which, I think M@V and I are the only ones who know the true power of the TPC launcher, since I never see anyone else using it on a regular basis. People seem to think they're totally defenseless after they shoot a rocket and just try to take cover even if they take off half of the opposing player's health, but there's nothing stopping them from taking out their TPC and draining the last bit of life from them. I usually just use the TPC from the get go, I am absolutely horrible at using rockets. >.> TPC pride!
The TPC is obviously a grenade launcher.
I'm a grenade Launcher *****.

I can't wait to play you guys. My wii, if all goes to plan, will be playable on Tuesday.

any one also feel that the Conduit is a huge tech demo? The story, while "short" is expanded way beyond the game. I have a feeling that a Conduit sequel will be fought in Iraq AKA that patch of land in Mesopotamia.

SPOILERS...?

It also seems that the characters are possibly who they are.
John Adams is ACTUALLY John Adams, the second president of the United States. 1772 was the technical starting point of the American revolutionary war. John Adams cousin Samuel Adams was one of the leaders of the American civil war. Who's to say that Samuel Adams was not a puppet? John could of used Samuel to start the American Revolutionary war, and started the country which would become the dominate superpower. His plan was over 240 years in the making.
2012-240=1772

Remember the attack on the Jefferson memorial? Adams and Jefferson were huge rivals. Makes sense to put a huge concentration of your troops to easily defile your rival right?

2012 is 4 years from the last presidential election(2008), there was the assassination of a presidential candidate/senator on September 11. Its possible Obama doesn't want to become president any more, and the new president is Thompson.

I also got 2010 from pieces of reading material around the place.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
M@V go to the chat... me and B-run are there. Also. If anyone is interested I'll be playing for a bit tonight right now. Come to the normal spot.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Though I doubt I'll play today, I just bought the conduit today, its really fun, My FC is 1934-8662-0270, My profile name is Mr.Grey <.<

comboking

Smash Master
I am not making a new file for this clan. My Tag will stay as ComboK.
Also where is the link to the forums?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I have too much stuff to make a new file (all secret messages, a lot of achievements, gold ranks, etc), so I am also not changing my account.

RDK

Smash Hero
If you don't make a new account then you're not going to be part of the Gamebattles group. Sorry.

And the new account is only for GB; you don't have to delete the old one.

RDK

Smash Hero
Who put you in charge?
Um, maybe because I am in charge?

Listen, I'm just telling you how it's going down. If you don't make a new tag for our Gamebattles clan, which is mandatory and everyone else has to do it, then you're not going to participate in the clan battles.

Charizard and I might have to make our own clan then.
Have fun with that then.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You don't have to delete your old one to make a new one. You just need a new account for the battles online. I already explained this once, but I guess I'll do it again:

You can't LOCK a private game in the Conduit. So anyone on your friend's list it capable of joining your game. So if you are playing a clan battle, you need to have a tag with only the other clan members in the friend list. That way you can't have a match screwed up.

You get three accounts on Conduit, so just make a bonus one to just use for clan battles. You don't lose anything by making a new one sillyheads.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Um, maybe because I am in charge?

Listen, I'm just telling you how it's going down. If you don't make a new tag for our Gamebattles clan, which is mandatory and everyone else has to do it, then you're not going to participate in the clan battles.

Have fun with that then.
Why do we need a clan tag for clan battles?

Nothing wrong with them, but I don't see any real need for them. We do know the current tags of everyone in our clan after all, so organizationally they seem kinda unnecesary.

Incidently, my clan tag is tB_Hcapt.

EDIT: while M3D makes a valid point, I disagree. Clan battles are still quite easily to screw up unless all members of both clans are aware that a clan battle is occuring and deletes the old friend codes of previous clan battles for both clans. While clan tags can help, it doesn't really solve that problem, especially for friend code pack rats who want to keep all the friend codes they aquired from previous matches (like myself).

RDK

Smash Hero
Why do we need a clan tag for clan battles?

Nothing wrong with them, but I don't see any real need for them. We do know the current tags of everyone in our clan after all, so organizationally they seem kinda unnecesary.

Incidently, my clan tag is tB_Hcapt.

EDIT: while M3D makes a valid point, I disagree. Clan battles are still quite easily to screw up unless all members of both clans are aware that a clan battle is occuring and deletes the old friend codes of previous clan battles for both clans. While clan tags can help, it doesn't really solve that problem, especially for friend code pack rats who want to keep all the friend codes they aquired from previous matches (like myself).
The new accounts are to be used for clan battles only. Once you're done with a match / set, you delete the old FC codes. If you delete somebody's code, they can't join your matches anymore; both parties have to have each other entered into their FC lists in order for friending to work.

That's why you need to make a spare "GB" account.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
But I need two files open for a speedrun.
If there is any other way I would do that.
Why do you need two for a speed run? Don't you just use one?

BTW, we're playing as a team tonight around 10:30et. I'll be hosting, on our non clan tag names.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Sure.

I Also edited my in game model to have the colors of Charizard (15 basic [Mid orange, like Charizard], 115 secondary [blue, somehow, Charizard's eyes are blue])

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Well than i don't know what you would do ComboK. And I still don't understand why you can't use your main file for speed run, or make a file for your clan tag and use it to speed run too.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The new accounts are to be used for clan battles only. Once you're done with a match / set, you delete the old FC codes. If you delete somebody's code, they can't join your matches anymore; both parties have to have each other entered into their FC lists in order for friending to work.

That's why you need to make a spare "GB" account.
That's no fun. It makes it painful to battle individual members of other clans, if not impossible. I love saving the friend codes of particularly tough players so that I can pwn them with shotguns later. But they won't have my non-gamebattles account, which makes deleting them from my gamebattles account somewhat unacceptable. :(

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
That's no fun. It makes it painful to battle individual members of other clans, if not impossible. I love saving the friend codes of particularly tough players so that I can pwn them with shotguns later. But they won't have my non-gamebattles account, which makes deleting them from my gamebattles account somewhat unacceptable. :(
No it doesn't at all? You have two accounts. You can add any cool clan guys that you like to your non GB account. In their chats, you just give them your regular fc as well. And if Ranks is the reason, then thats just stupid. It's so easy to level up. I went to the first level of silver on my new GB account in like an hour or so.

RDK

Smash Hero
By the way: Odinwolf, Engel, and B-Run. Be prepared to get owned in Team Reaper tomorrow by LJ and myself.

That is all.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys what time (pacific) do you all play, need to get my game on, kinda sucked yesterday, redeemed myself in the end.

Right now its 10:37 so depending on your time zone let me know.

Btw what's the name of the clan? is it still Bureau?
*coughwannajoincough*

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
People usually start playing around 10-11 ET and end around 1am ET

http://www.time.gov/

Find ET. Look at your watch. Convert.

You can join. The first step is to join the forums. There you can identify how to join pretty easily. (or read through the last few pages on here...)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
The Bureau.

You can find out more information about the clan, such as our plans for A and B teams, and such at the clan website.

Top Bottom