• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I've already talked to Cashed about this, he gave me the heads up on making an official thread. This is the one spot for all news on the Conduit, with E3 in the past, we now have alot more footage, alot more info, and it sounds like it's shaping up pretty well.

Published by: *TBA
Developed by: High Voltage Software
Release Date: Q1 2009
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Washington D.C. finds itself the epicenter of an extraterrestrial attack and it's up to gamers, as the secret service's Agent Ford, to discover the truth hidden behind the invasion

For Registering in the clan send me a PM with this info

Title of PM should be : tB Registration

I need

SWF Account :
Tag (Example tB_Lone) (Tags only fit with 8 characters on wifi)
FC:
AIM, Skype, MSN (optional)

I'll have an official roster in the OP.

The only way to join is through PM so get those PM's going. Once you're in, I'll send ya more info.

FC List

Dy17: 0603-4036-4144
RDK: 3266 - 2832 - 1954
Skyler Ocon: 5070-1695-0363
DarkSlash: 1247-6485-1009( subjective to change)
The Halloween Captain: 5456-7169-0635
Brawler1432: 0045-0577-2121
BengalsRZ: 4168-2265-5279
Darkurai: 3609-8817-1746.
Unseen Killa: 0045-0579-5731
LoneJedi: 3180-3879-4795
Stryks: 4597 7271 9790
Zrky: 2063-6937-8193
ZoidsRaven: 2965-6420-5320
Comboking: 0088-0116-2990
Metalmonster: 3094-4889-1799
ChrisLionheart:5456-7214-6867
Engo: 4340-0252-9988
Faithkeeper 4297-0751-1183
Solid 3609-8905-0801
PGH 0474-5619-0609
Werekill 2278-4406-9843
M3D 5456-7242-3765
Mr Victory 1677-1554-0909
Sir Bedever - NEDM - 1247 6489 5618
SMOOM 2149-6037-8248
Char92 2278-4469-1178
Engel 3695-7804-4512)

Official Clan Roster

Lonejedi

M3D
B-RUN

Engel
S.O.L.I.D

SkylerOcon
Mr. Victory
SirBedevere

M@V
RDK
MetalMonstar

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Customizable controls coupled with smooth detection sounds amazing. I hope they manage to fix the occasional hiccup like they've stated but if they don't, no big deal. That's interesting about being able to redesign your interface. This really is shaping up to be one of the best games on the Wii, and perhaps even on any console.

Hopefully The Conduit will result in more effort being put forth by 3rd party developers. We can only hope and wait.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Indeed, it is good to see some actual effort being put into a Wii game by someone other than Nintendo themselves. And Namdai, but that's a Tales game, so what else is to be expected?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The graphics are alright, I'm a bit worried about AI being too scripted to be any good though, in one video I saw the player run straight pass some enemies like they weren't even there and all they did was stay in the spot and shoot. The lack of physics bothers me too, I like to see bodies and objects fly in different directions based on what hits them and what direction it came from. Hopefully the multiplayer is the focus rather than the single player so these problems wouldn't show as much.

I'll probably still buy it but it's not a must have for me.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
The graphics are alright, I'm a bit worried about AI being too scripted to be any good though, in one video I saw the player run straight pass some enemies like they weren't even there and all they did was stay in the spot and shoot. The lack of physics bothers me too, I like to see bodies and objects fly in different directions based on what hits them and what direction it came from. Hopefully the multiplayer is the focus rather than the single player so these problems wouldn't show as much.

I'll probably still buy it but it's not a must have for me.
The difficulty was set to easy, so that's why the AI seemed to just walk by.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm only worried about the online. The last huge game to come out with it was Brawl, and we all know how that turned out. Mario Kart Wii improved on it, but I would still get lag sometimes.

Hopefully, the Conduit will be mostly lag free.

Deception

Smash Ace
Lag shouldn't be much of a problem. Brawl's problem was that there was a lot of actions that have to be inputted. Mario Kart Wii proved that Nintendo could make a game virtually lag free.

The Conduit doesn't seem to have as much input as Brawl, so lag will be rare.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I'm only worried about the online. The last huge game to come out with it was Brawl, and we all know how that turned out. Mario Kart Wii improved on it, but I would still get lag sometimes.

Hopefully, the Conduit will be mostly lag free.
There really shouldn't be a lag issue. Medal of Honor Heroes 2. Plays 32 people online, and is a FPS, I never have lag on there.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Is there any word about using other controllers? Sometimes my rechargeable batteries die so I can't play my Wii until they recharge [these crappy ones take a whooping 18 hours to recharge] so it'd be nice to be able to have something to fall back on.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Is there any word about using other controllers? Sometimes my rechargeable batteries die so I can't play my Wii until they recharge [these crappy ones take a whooping 18 hours to recharge] so it'd be nice to be able to have something to fall back on.
I doubt it since, it wasn't an existing title or a port. But why don't you buy that NYKO charger, it works good for me. And if i know the charge is going to run out, i leave them charging while i'm in the shower or running some type of errand. So yeah i bought the charger when it first came out and i can say that it works good. Rechargeable batteries, are usually a drag. Just saying from my own experiences.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The NYKO charger is great. I picked up two on Ebay for $20, but the MotionPlus won't work with it.

As for lag? No idea to predict that. MoH:H2 only works lag free because it's a EA servers, not Nintendo. Sony is pretty much the only one who did online right, honestly. Instead of having all their games just supported by the individual game, Sony has a ton of dedicated servers for first-party titles like Warhawk and such. This makes Online **** near lag free. XBL doesn't use dedicated servers, but their servers are still good for most games so it various from game to game.

With Wii, we'll have to wait and see.

It looks a lot better than I originally though, but I think the AI and aiming looks awful.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
But in all honesty everyone buying the game is buying it because it was voice cha-... i mean "Wii Speak" and online. Thats not say that the game play (AI, story, graphics) aren't important, it's just that it's not going to be given to much attention.

And what do you mean about the motion plus not working with the NYKO, does it need batteries too or what?

Puddin

Smash Lord
It reminds me of another franchise involving shooting aliens with high tech alien guns...oh yeah Metroid. Is a flame shield required? I know someone has to agree with me.

It's not that I'm not excited for 16 player online with Voice Chat, this is a big thing (for Nintendo...) that I can't wait to try out, I'm just worried that it will suffer Brawl lag and make online play...well unplayable. Graphics are top-notch, though I wouldn't say passable for 360 graphics, anyone who confuses that for 360 graphics...well I can't come up with something witty to say...because those just do not pass as 360 graphics

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
It reminds me of another franchise involving shooting aliens with high tech alien guns...oh yeah Metroid. Is a flame shield required? I know someone has to agree with me.

It's not that I'm not excited for 16 player online with Voice Chat, this is a big thing (for Nintendo...) that I can't wait to try out, I'm just worried that it will suffer Brawl lag and make online play...well unplayable.
Ummmm.... What?
Metroid Prime and this, are on opposite of ends of the fps table. If anything, ANYTHING, it's Halo with a modern feel, and it ends there. And as mentioned before, Sakurai isn't involved with this game, and neither are the people from DBZ:BT3 (wow that was horrible) so for the most part, you shouldn't worry about it to much. I mean it's going to be able to support wii speak so go ahead and hold your breath.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Graphics are top-notch, though I wouldn't say passable for 360 graphics, anyone who confuses that for 360 graphics...well I can't come up with something witty to say...because those just do not pass as 360 graphics
Oh, Puddin. Don't make me like you.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm just comparing the fact that all FPS games are basically the same on the Wii :ohwell: I mean it's pretty hard to come up with a completely original game idea nowadays.

Oh, Puddin. Don't make me like you.
Hahaha, I can tell you're not a very big fan of the Conduit hype from your post in the E3 thread.

Anyway like I was saying, and many will argue, I just don't feel the Wii is a very good console for FPS's because they will all have the same generic feel, and the motion sensitive controller probably takes away a lot of the competitive aspect that exists in PS3 and 360 shooters. *Flame Shield ACTIVATE!!!*

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ummmm.... What?
Metroid Prime and this, are on opposite of ends of the fps table. If anything, ANYTHING, it's Halo with a modern feel, and it ends there. And as mentioned before, Sakurai isn't involved with this game, and neither are the people from DBZ:BT3 (wow that was horrible) so for the most part, you shouldn't worry about it to much. I mean it's going to be able to support wii speak so go ahead and hold your breath.
Metroid Prime is an FPS, therefore it can easily be compared. Seriously, this bull**** that it's a First Person Adventure game is laughable. It's a first person game where you shoot people and things, that's a shooter. Adventure Games, true adventure games, have minimal or no combat.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
What i meant was that MP and MoH are both FPS, but they aren't reminiscent of each other.

Watching some of the clips reminded me of War of The Worlds, or Starship Troopers. Also the SFX of this game are pretty bleh. Can you say PEW PEW PEW!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Metroid Prime is an FPS, therefore it can easily be compared. Seriously, this bull**** that it's a First Person Adventure game is laughable. It's a first person game where you shoot people and things, that's a shooter. Adventure Games, true adventure games, have minimal or no combat.
Meh. Metroid Prime is a lot more puzzle based than shooter based, so I consider it an FPS/Adventure mix. Not an FPA, or an FPS. Somewhere in the middle.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's a mix of FPS and Adventure. It's not bull, really. It sounds really stupid, but it's not an FPS. While Adventure games have minimal combat, FPSs also have minimal puzzles. Skyler's right--it's not really FPA, but it's not FPS either--it's a mix.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I know Cashed isn't a fan of this game, but I honestly believe this game is going to be amazing. I could care less of the story, I want a Online FPS that with good graphics, and great gameplay. Just got done reading IGN's wrap up on E3 for Wii. They continued to praise this game. They clearly stated the hype around this game is real. Unlike Red Steel which as soon as they played, doubts were already starting to form. After playing the game, they feel it's a 1st day buy.

I'm not expecting this to defeat Halo, but if it's controls are top notch, and the online is amazing, Wii is going to put a dent into 360's FPS arsenal. And from the sounds of it WiiMotion is going to only make these type of games even better.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
My only problem with the game is it's being hyped to all hell. If the game were on any other console it wouldn't be getting any attention, but because it looks to be an okay game in the Wii's current massive drought of solid titles, it's getting too much attention.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
My only problem with the game is it's being hyped to all hell. If the game were on any other console it wouldn't be getting any attention, but because it looks to be an okay game in the Wii's current massive drought of solid titles, it's getting too much attention.
This is true, it's a medicre game at best on the 360, but that's the novelty on the Wii. But the Wii needs a overly hyped game like this toactually work. It's the only way people are going to hear about it. If there was a perfect world where the 360 and WII could be one, that console would dominate. Seriously, the Wii was made for FPS, it's just sad that the Wii doesn't have the graphics of the 360.

I own a 360 as well, and as much fun as Cod4 and Halo are, I get more enjoyment with the Wii's FPS controls over those games, as bad as the graphics are.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I've heard some overhyping, but for the most part I've missed that. In any case, you're right, it's getting a lot of attention because Wii owners are getting mostly crap. So yeah, we're kind of desperate for a nice game. I'm witholding most judgment about the game for now, but right now it looks pretty good.

In any case, Halo gets a ton of attention that it still doesn't deserve, in my opinion--it's a generic FPS. So I'm not sure what's so different here.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
In any case, Halo gets a ton of attention that it still doesn't deserve, in my opinion--it's a generic FPS. So I'm not sure what's so different here.
Obviously, I'm posting to disagree. Halo 1 for the Xbox nailed console FPS controls. It also had LAN support, which I'd say is the reason Halo got so big. A console game where you can have 15 of your friends over and all play together? Outrageous! Halo 2 was mostly a fan service. Halo 2 was incredible to play online when it was released. There was nothing else on a console like it. The game had an excellent matchmaking system, a very easy to use lobby system, and of course, the party system, which nearly all online console games now use. Halo 3? Nothing in terms of innovation in my opinion, just giving people what they want- more Halo.

edit: And this doesn't help. This game seems to get compared to Halo around every corner. It's ridiculous.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Halo 1 might've been great, but no one even plays it anymore and all of the great things I hear are about 2 and 3. So if 1 was good and the others weren't as much so, that might be why I'm thinking it's overrated. The final two titles are certainly overrated.

I'm not comparing the game to Halo at all. I'm simply saying that Halo gets a lot of hype as well, so I don't see why hype is such a problem for you here.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Halo is overrated because it has a strong following and community. Just like Smash, whose last iteration also happens to be overrated. I, personally, can deal with an average game if it promises near infinite replay value.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, this is Halo Wii in terms of:
- gameplay
- hype
- and over-rating?

Sounds adequate. *follows news with mild interest*

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm not comparing the game to Halo at all. I'm simply saying that Halo gets a lot of hype as well, so I don't see why hype is such a problem for you here.
At least Halo can back it up. Can't say **** about that<_<. Besides, having to compete with CoD4 and BF: Bad Company isn't as easy as well...what FPS competition would The Conduit have for the Wii? Exactly.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Let's not have this turn into a Halo vs Conduit argument. We can't even compare the two right now, because the Conduit isn't even out yet. We'll wait till the game actually comes out to make those comparisons.

But as for hype, a game like this needs one. This game is not going to get the advertisement Halo got, so it needs people to hype this game as much as possible to get the word out. It's smart advertising by the company to hype it up, but if game testers from notable companies test it and really like it, than I don't think it's overhype.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It's a mix of FPS and Adventure. It's not bull, really. It sounds really stupid, but it's not an FPS. While Adventure games have minimal combat, FPSs also have minimal puzzles. Skyler's right--it's not really FPA, but it's not FPS either--it's a mix.
Half-Life 1 and 2 were LOADED with puzzles. FPA, as a genre, does not really exist. For true adventure games play Secret of Monkey Island and Sam and Max. Adding combat, reduces the games "adventure value." ALL FPSes require exploring and solving things.

But as for hype, a game like this needs one. This game is not going to get the advertisement Halo got, so it needs people to hype this game as much as possible to get the word out. It's smart advertising by the company to hype it up, but if game testers from notable companies test it and really like it, than I don't think it's overhype.
No. no. no. no. Two words: Red Steel. Hype for a game by a company that has no previous endeavors is so bad, this its worse than if everyone said the game was awful. Hyping a first time game is so risky, you run into things like Advent Rising. The game was fun and unique, but it was so over hyped, that I was glad I was done with it, because it wasn't that good overall. There are MANY examples.

Hype will destroy this game. Ask fans of Halo 3 about that one.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I'm really glad that this game seems to have included difficulty modes, that'll definitely give it more legs as a single player experience while not scaring off the casuals.

Hype seems to be a double-edged sword for this one. It might destroy the game just as CK said, but on the other hand it would be completely off-radar (and likely sell like a turd) without it. With no massive marketing campaign or multi-billion dollar publisher yet behind it, the hype train is all that's pushing the community reaction to this game so far.

Luckily the game hasn't had nearly as long to be scrutinized as some BioWare games or Blizzard titles. You can really never seemingly live up to expectations when the public has been examining every detail for 4 or 5 years.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Must be hell to be on the production team of an FPS these days.

"We could do this..."
"Um, a gun that looks kind of like that is in Halo, so obviously, that's copying, douchebag."
"But what about the plot? There's aliens-"
"Halo copycat."
"I'm pretty sure Ridley Scott did it long before Halo."
"Doesn't matter. It has aliens and first-person viewpoint, therefore it is like Halo."

Top Bottom