• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I played MPH online, and lets just say that the only thing good is..nothing.

Trace is over used as heck becuase he can turn invisible. People use Noxus for his shadow freeze. Thats like the only characters i seen. quite unbalance if you ask me.

And how the heck did you get the Conduit copying CoD4? Just because it has modern weapons doesn't mean it copied it...

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I played MPH online, and lets just say that the only thing good is..nothing.

Trace is over used as heck becuase he can turn invisible. People use Noxus for his shadow freeze. Thats like the only characters i seen. quite unbalance if you ask me.

And how the heck did you get the Conduit copying CoD4? Just because it has modern weapons doesn't mean it copied it...
U got that right. I just bought MPH. And I've played online and sooooo many people hacked. And the people that don't are just Trace and just headshot or go into the alt. form.

Now to the Conduit. I actually think it looks like a really solid game for wii. Better than overrated crap like halo. Go flame me all you want but that doesn't improve the quality of the game.

Where did people find out that it doesn't have splitscreen? I haven't seen that anywhere.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
It's a shame, but I can't vouch for how well splitscreen works for Wii FPSs. Did anyone play Red Steel so you can fill me in as to whether or not it would've been a viable option at all?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I worked fine. I had no problems with it, outside of the glitches that were already in the actual game.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I worked fine. I had no problems with it, outside of the glitches that were already in the actual game.
Hmm. Shame then that they've chosen not to include it. Ahh, well, I guess it's just a case of trying to work out all of the kinks in the core engine for the first go 'round. Apparently they're not against making this into a franchise if the sales justify it.

I hope High Voltage licenses this engine out after this game launches. It'd instantly up the quality and quantity of Wii FPSs, because developers wouldn't have to build their own from the ground-up or port PS2 engines. Plus, there's a lot of potential in the engine that's just waiting to be exploited.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
They don't want to put anything half-***** into the game. They haven't ruled out splitscreen, and they're looking at LAN connection.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That screenshot makes Conduit look really bad, jaggies everywhere and poor textures. The explosion looks nice though.

I'm just hoping they reveal more about online play.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
That screenshot makes Conduit look really bad, jaggies everywhere and poor textures. The explosion looks nice though.

The GC video that screen was likely taken from looks MUCH better in motion. Like, 2 or 3 times as good....

I hate that nothing has been said about online play. I guess that's going to hinge on the publisher, really. If Nintendo actually IS publishing it, I hope they can do it justice by providing real, honest-to-God servers instead of just linking 16 Wii's together peer-to-peer style.

Darkslash

Smash Master

That screen shot was more of a Physic Standpoint then the Graphical Standpoint.

It seems that Human enemies have Ragdoll while Alien enemies don't.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's probably a canned animation in that case. If ragdoll was implemented, it would be across the board.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
The GC video that screen was likely taken from looks MUCH better in motion. Like, 2 or 3 times as good....

I hate that nothing has been said about online play. I guess that's going to hinge on the publisher, really. If Nintendo actually IS publishing it, I hope they can do it justice by providing real, honest-to-God servers instead of just linking 16 Wii's together peer-to-peer style.
I think they just began focusing on online play a few months ago, so details won't be much until things solidy more...i guess...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hate to change the subject, but as of now, what rating do you think this game will receive? As of now, I think it's a T-rating. I've seen blood, but that was also present in Metroid.

Any thoughts/ideas of the rating?

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
As of now, T is all we can be sure of, M seems less likely.

That video seemed to be just a more in depth descripton of the customization they showed off at E3, but s it just me, or are the human models lookng better?

derek.haines

Smash Ace
As of now, T is all we can be sure of, M seems less likely.

That video seemed to be just a more in depth descripton of the customization they showed off at E3, but s it just me, or are the human models lookng better?
I'd say the rating hinges on the level of swearing in the game. We know the blood/violence is already there, but that's not a guaranteed "M" unless it's super-gratuitous. In combination with high levels of profanity, however, you get a much more "mature" product.

As for the human models, they definitely look to be animating better. It's a shame the AI isn't there to the point where they would give chase through the door though. :ohwell:

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I really want this game to be awesome. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up and be disappointed if it sucks. If it's good, I'll finally have more than two Wii games.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1820

-The Conduit will use WiiMotion Plus
- You can customize the HUD
-10 Hr campaign
The 10-hour campaign is a bit of a letdown (I'm primarily a single-player and I don't normally do online). Still, it's on par with Halo and Resistance, so it makes sense if High Voltage is trying to make the Conduit the Wii's entry in that field.

Vehicles in the Conduit 2. I demands it!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
The 10-hour campaign is a bit of a letdown (I'm primarily a single-player and I don't normally do online). Still, it's on par with Halo and Resistance, so it makes sense if High Voltage is trying to make the Conduit the Wii's entry in that field.

Vehicles in the Conduit 2. I demands it!
I don't mind if it's 10 hours..as long as it is good...
Plus, it's becoming pretty clear it is focusing on the multiplayer aspect.
*It's a little early to be talking about Conduit 2 >_>*

derek.haines

Smash Ace
*It's a little early to be talking about Conduit 2 >_>*
High Voltage has already said they're willing to make this into a franchise, and that the first game is meant to build the brand. We already know most of what is going to be in this game, so where's the harm in a little baseless speculation into the next and beyond?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
High Voltage has already said they're willing to make this into a franchise, and that the first game is meant to build the brand. We already know most of what is going to be in this game, so where's the harm in a little baseless speculation into the next and beyond?
I hadn't heard them say anything about a franchise. Apologies.
Also, no harm speculating for the sequel. The 1st isn't even out..oh well.

What are the difficulty level settings of this game?

Darkslash

Smash Master
I hadn't heard them say anything about a franchise. Apologies.
Also, no harm speculating for the sequel. The 1st isn't even out..oh well.

What are the difficulty level settings of this game?
Easy(e3 build, looks like the same difficulty of Halo 1 normal Mode), Normal are the confirmed ones at the moment.

Plus using Wiimotion plus is going to open up questions. Like what the heck is it for? IGN said that with out WM+ its aiming is excellent and better then MoHH2 and MP3. So what is it going to be used for?

derek.haines

Smash Ace
IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat Podcast has an interview with HVS, and apparently they'll be able to announce a publisher in less than a month. It's a larger company who's in line with what HVS wants to do on the Wii.

Maybe THQ? The guy didn't say "the largest", but a "large" company, so I'm going to hazard a guess that it's not EA. THQ has been publishing a bunch of quality 3rd party stuff for Nintendo consoles as of late, and I wouldn't call it outside the realm of possibility.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I still have my fingers crossed for Nintendo, so that there's a higher chance for Ford in SSB4.

Top Bottom