• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
A lot of people have mentioned what their favorite weapons are... What about maps, and why?

For me, it really depends. Anything with a shotgun is streets, going inside the buildings gets me up close and personal for a shot>beatdown. For anything with the SR, I like the sanctum the best. The top "square" is great for sniping and ducking into one of the rooms for cover if needed. Explosive.... warehouse. I don't like this set, but for some reason I like it better here. Trust... warehouse, I find myself getting more opportunities to get all three shots on someone here with killing myself in the action of going out in the open at the same time. Human/close combat. I don't like either of the close combat weapons much at all, and I haven't played the human enough to make a preference. So let's just go with streets, I know that map pretty well.

Also, how are you guys liking the grenades? I think they have their uses, especially in the streets, but they are by no means a free kill. Although I stuck a jumping guy with a radiation grenade and got a very high feeling of self-accomplishment, so that has redeemed them for me. Is there any way to tell if your flash grenade worked?

RDK

Smash Hero
RDK, just saw you online.... now you're gone... sigh
Sorry, my internet crapped out on me for a minute lol. I'm back on and I started a private room so you and Ocon can join. If anyone else is on, join the room.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
my internet is being lame now too, give me like 5 mins

(edit, everyone whose everyone, join RDK's room. I'm looking at you Ocon.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Sorry. I AFK-ed online.

Anyway, I'm on now and joining the public game you're in, if that counts for anything, haha.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Oh man, i just beasted you two, for two rounds... though I did get owned pretty badly 1v1 with RDK.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah that last game was possibly the worst I've ever done, although everyone was lagging and flying around like crazy. Was the connection bad for you two also?

I'm also having trouble connecting to matches; it takes me forever, and usually it just times out and kicks me to the main menu. I did some reading up on it and on it and apparently the router I'm using sucks with the Wii for whatever reason. I'm gonna go grab one of my friend's routers and see if I get a better connection.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
This game really is a solid game. The multiplayer's customization with levels, and choosing what type of game and weapons is something that the Wii was lacking. I definitely agree that we should start some sort of clan, and look into competing. Had a lot of fun tonight, but am very tired. See ya all tomorrow.

RDK

Smash Hero
Okay, I figured out what the problem was; apparently if you have a Netgear router it's nigh incompatible with certain Wii games. So I just switched out routers and I have a flawless connection; no more sitting there in the lobby wondering why the hell it's taking so long to authenticate.

This game really is a solid game. The multiplayer's customization with levels, and choosing what type of game and weapons is something that the Wii was lacking.
Normally I really only play on Xbox Live, but now that they've actually released an FPS with such tight controls and fun gameplay my Wii' stopped becoming a dust collector. Plus, HVS said that if the game sells enough then they'll come out with a sequel. If you think this is good, remember that this is basically just a tech demo for what could come out in the future.

Wiimote for shooters kicks dual analog in the ***.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
So far the matches have been pretty solid on my end. Though I have seen some people lagging around. My first match though I appeared outside of the map and couldn't participate but after that everything has been smooth. So far I have been doing pretty terrible.

my friend code is 3094-4889-1799

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Dude first of all SPOILER TAGS. Some of us didn't finish the game yet.

You sniper rifle is also called the Strike Rifle. Achievements are for unlocking art and single player cheats.
Unfortunately, I do not know how to use spoilers, so essentially I just kept the entire text relatively ambiguous, outside the plainly obvious. (and you spoilerd my missing of the sniper rifle)

Engo

Smash Ace
Alright, lately I've been having constant glitches online it's getting very annoying. One is when I spawn and I cannot move at all(not even the weapon) and no one shows up in the radar. I can't pause to exit or press home so I have to turn the wii off.

The other happens when I die. The respawn time goes from 10-4 then goes up to 19 to 0 then back to 19 and it just kept going back and forth and I never respawned.

Anyone else getting these? The firs glitch I mentioned I've been getting ALOT.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I've been frozen maybe once, and the respawn glitch happens once in a great while, but other than that I've been pretty much glitch free.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people have mentioned what their favorite weapons are... What about maps, and why?

For me, it really depends. Anything with a shotgun is streets, going inside the buildings gets me up close and personal for a shot>beatdown. For anything with the SR, I like the sanctum the best. The top "square" is great for sniping and ducking into one of the rooms for cover if needed. Explosive.... warehouse. I don't like this set, but for some reason I like it better here. Trust... warehouse, I find myself getting more opportunities to get all three shots on someone here with killing myself in the action of going out in the open at the same time. Human/close combat. I don't like either of the close combat weapons much at all, and I haven't played the human enough to make a preference. So let's just go with streets, I know that map pretty well.

Also, how are you guys liking the grenades? I think they have their uses, especially in the streets, but they are by no means a free kill. Although I stuck a jumping guy with a radiation grenade and got a very high feeling of self-accomplishment, so that has redeemed them for me. Is there any way to tell if your flash grenade worked?
My favorite is the Streets stage. Its small and get a decent amount of kills there.

HEY YO! I ADDED EVERYBODY ON THE LIST. ACCEPT MY REQUEST PLEASE!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Name: Sam
5456-7214-6867

I'm a noob, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. :p

By the way... is the netgear router really THAT bad for this game?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I'll get back to the friend code some other time, but for now, I'll tell you my most, and least, favorite weapons:

weapons I like:
SCAR: As I already mentioned, this is like the BR, and like the BR, it is pretty powerful, Although it's power weakens start with it in multiplayer ( Although that's with EVERY weapon). It is pretty powerful when only a few people have it. Now if Only I can use it more often.

Deatomizer Mk4: Probably the only starting weapon (under most game types) I like, if the SCAR was a modified BR, this is a modified Carbine with a charge power. I Typically keep one in handy due to how good this is. Kinda annoying to get killed by, but that's with any weapon.

SPAS 12 (the shotgun): It's a shotgun, I find it useful, even when you start with it.

SMAW (rocket Launcher): The first (and currently only) game I won (I think) was in a round with explosive weapons, need I say more?

Hive Cannon: Extremely powerful, nuff said.

Strike Rifle: now that I know how to use it, it does quite well.

Weapons I hate:

Warp Pistol: It isn't that it's bad, it's that there's no point to it. You almost never start with it, and there are more powerful weapons out there.

Shrieker: never learned how to use it.

USP45: you start with this, and as soon as I find a better weapon, I ditch this.

MP5KA4: Outside being ridiculous to pronounce quickly, it just doesn't do so well. If this thing can Dual wield (and you can dual wield) maybe, but in this game, skip or ditch.

Flash Grenades: The trust's non-lethal grenade that you always get when you stock up at a Trust weapon restocker, I find it annoying, and I rarely (actually, I never) see it working for me, even when the opponent is human(ish).

Weapons I can't really whine about since I rarely use them:

Every Trust weapon except the Deatomizer thingy: OK, so a grenade launcher and a flamethrower are kinda cool, but I typically look for other stuff when available, and I didn't even use the TPC launcher in the explosives match

Every grenade except the Flash: I don't really use grenades, so I can't really say what I think about them (plus I can't seem to aim them right, the Frag grenade may be the only one I got kills off of).

I would like tips on the weapons I hate/Have no clue about, and maybe some with the ones I like, I'm doing moderately well, and would like to do better.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
BTW, I hate ASE mode... especially with 12 people in streets, kinda defeats the purpose. Would be nice if you could shoot while you have the ASE.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I think you can punch someone with the ASE, but this is from The story mode, And I have no Idea about multiplayer.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I hate free for alls. Too many times I have my kill stolen, and then am killed by the kill stealer when I have low HP. Only teams for me, from now on.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I lack Wii Speak (and don't know where to get it), so I stick to free for all (when you don't get pentalized for not being able to speak).

Lily

Smash Cadet
I lack Wii Speak (and don't know where to get it), so I stick to free for all (when you don't get pentalized for not being able to speak).
Best Buy sells it for 30 bucks. :D

You can probably get it at GameStop for cheaper though. Being a Best Buy employee, I don't think I should tell you that.. >_>

Stryks

Smash Hero
I hate free for alls. Too many times I have my kill stolen, and then am killed by the kill stealer when I have low HP. Only teams for me, from now on.
Welcome to first person shooters.

Ok I'm starting to like the deatomizer, it's hilarious hitting the middle energy ball and see the other 2 surround the enemy before his death XD.

Scar and Stryk rifle are still my favorites.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
What's OP?
Basically the fist post made. I always thought it was original post, but it doesn't really matter.

The stealing my kill>killing me is annoying, but it doesn't happen enough to bug me really bad. About as often as not I kill my person and the person who came to try to steal my kill. What gets me is when they go after me first, I usually die there.

I've really started to use the handgun. I still like SR and Shotgun better by all means, I like the deatomizer better as well, but the handgun is my go to in the human set. With headshots you can take people down very quickly. I'm not at the point where I headshot consistently, but even without that I do nearly as well as I do with the automatic wep in that set. But I use the handgun because I see it having more potential in the long run, so I may as well learn to use it now.

ASE in the streets is dumb. I go after it for the first couple mins, but if I'm not pretty sure I'll win, I just turn it into practice time with weapons I don't use well.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, can somebody please tell me how to use the strike rifle properly? I can't seem to use it right, and I get few kills off it. I do much Better with the SCAR and Deatomizer.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Battle rifle killa ova here.
Try not to use those TO much if ur sum1 always on his feet CONSTANTLY.

Stryks

Smash Hero
OK, can somebody please tell me how to use the strike rifle properly? I can't seem to use it right, and I get few kills off it. I do much Better with the SCAR and Deatomizer.
Spam that ****
lol I don't use it was much online, even though it's one of my better weapons.
I've been getting 2nd place all day, I was only 2 kills from getting number 1 >.<

Top Bottom