• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Maybe it's my connection speed, but the Shotgun always seems a little too slow for the lag on online. Long range weapons, especially like the assault rifle weapon, seem more powerful to me. For the best though, I'd have to vote for that rocket-launcher thing, the one which has 8 ammo and shoots one round per clip. It's really good on stages that have lots of thin corridors, especially if there are windows.
I was talking about the weapons you get on default, not the things like the THC Launcher that you find once in a blue moon. These will obviously be more powerful, but much more rare.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Never played Halo 1 heh?

Stupid Chiron/Shotguns only/no shields servers.

Now that I think about it, it was still mostly grenade spamming. Halo is so stupid.
I have, in halo a shotgun isn't a 1 hit kill.

Wait, you were one of the two guys who had a tie that match?

What's you Conduit username?

Oh, and don't worry about beating me. I only play online because it's fun, I'm not big on the competitive side of it.
MDRocker, I'm not sure what match you are talking about though.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I was talking about the weapons you get on default, not the things like the THC Launcher that you find once in a blue moon. These will obviously be more powerful, but much more rare.
You obviously have never used the explosive weapons set ;)

I have, in halo a shotgun isn't a 1 hit kill.

MDRocker, I'm not sure what match you are talking about though.
In Halo the shotgun is a one-hit kill if you are in range for a melee attack.

And we only did one Bounty Hunter match together, so I was talking about that one.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
You obviously have never used the explosive weapons set ;)

In Halo the shotgun is a one-hit kill if you are in range for a melee attack.

And we only did one Bounty Hunter match together, so I was talking about that one.
That was a good match, you should get on, ill play you privately

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well before my Wii and The Conduit ****ted out on me, I managed to finish the single player. It was actually challenging and at some points I was actually emotionally attached to the characters and the story, which means it was doing its job telling a story.

Also if you didn't get the special edition some one on youtube manage posted the codes for the Secret Agent skin and the ASE skin

Secret Agent= SuitMP13
ASE=NewASE11

Now some one needs to post the rumored "druge" skin as well.

From what I'm reading, seems that you guys are having tons of fun. :(

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
If you have a friend in s different region, and you join their game, and it's regional, what happens?

That sucks darkslash, my condolences, Prometheus was pretty awesome, did you see the end with the ASE head bash?

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I know, thats why I'm excited for the sequel
How whenever you use the ASE, it will be like he's right there, like a pocket pal, lol. That was just hilarious, I wish they would have added his voice for that, imagine: You are pulled back, you turn around, and you take out the ASE, and Prometheus is like, "Eat this B****" and you slam it into the alien.
That was where HVS really let me down in the game.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Use spoiler tags, dammit.

EDIT: Meant to post this in reference to the ASE headbash, but now you guys ARE using spoiler tags, haha.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Imagine Conduit 2:
At the ending you are immobolized, and disarmed, and Adams is standing over you, and he's like "ready to die Mr. Ford", and the ASE flies out of your pocket, and Prometheus is like "RAWR" and decodes his face, and he's really A WOMAN, and then he cries and runs off
I'm putting my bets down on that one now.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Imagine Conduit 2:
At the ending you are immobolized, and disarmed, and Adams is standing over you, and he's like "ready to die Mr. Ford", and the ASE flies out of your pocket, and Prometheus is like "RAWR" and decodes his face, and he's really A WOMAN, and then he cries and runs off
I'm putting my bets down on that one now.
Adams is over 250 years old, and seems to be in league with the Drudge/ is a drudge. I also find it Ironic that Adams is voiced by the father of the voice of Agent Ford. And Prometheus is Hurcules...I actually have his autograph some where.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I love that set.
I have a very bad first impression of that set....

Bounty hunter...
Infirmary...
Lots of noobs shooting everyone...

Need I say more? (That was one of three bounty hunter matches I've played I haven't won. One I can second, the other I was top 4. But I've won the other 3... IDKY I'm better at bounty hunter than FFA....) I'm actually pretty good with the explosive set, but I never pick it because if we go anywhere cramped I'll cry.

My experience with "capture the ASE". Tons of useless firefights in unimportant areas, just avoid them and get the ASE yourself because only one person guards it 1/2 the time. (and 1/2 the time that one person is me...)

shanus

Smash Hero
I hate this online bug where u spawn and can only move your gun and you have to reset or wait for the game to end...

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
My idea of a AAA game is a game that could hope to contend for game of the year. Not Wii game of the year, but rather game of the year across all the systems.

And Nintendo IRD does not sound like a 3rd party developer to me. Sure there's also Next Level Games, but developers with the word Nintendo in their name are not third party.

I don't have Tiger Woods 10 yet, but it's out. I'm cheap, patient, and like to buy things at discount, so I'm waiting for Red Steel 2 to come out. Everything I know about the game I heard from someone else - be it reviewers, random fans, or the 5 star rating it recieved on amazon.

I submitted all the friend codes from this thread, but no one ever seems to be on at the same time as me.
Then I guess there aren't a lot of AAA games out there.

They made games on other plats, isn't that what a 3rd party does? I get what you mean when you say that.
But non-the-less, it's still a 3rd party developer.

Ok then.
As for "Red Steel 2", I really hope it has multiplayer.
It would be just wrong if they didn't put it in.

Maybe they are in different time zones.

--------------------
@Brawler: What do you mean by that?

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Man, my Wii is still broken so I don't get to join in the fun yet. Although I still picked up the special edition anyways. Slick looking boxart.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Man, my Wii is still broken so I don't get to join in the fun yet. Although I still picked up the special edition anyways. Slick looking boxart.
Lol In the words of somebody on this board

"The conduit is so epic it Broke VX's *me* Wii"

I can't wait to join the battlefield.

EDIT: This maybe the Drudge skin for The Conduit MP

Its the other druge model that supposedly never managed to get into the game. I have a feeling this could be the drudge we are looking for. The other Drone is in the game, what other drone can there be?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I was playing this for the first time last night and thought, "man the controls are glitchy as hell," but then I realized the wiimote's battery was dying and it kept turning off.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I was playing this for the first time last night and thought, "man the controls are glitchy as hell," but then I realized the wiimote's battery was dying and it kept turning off.
OMG the same thing happened when I was playing with Halloween Captain, and I was like "WTF!"

BTW for you Halo players, the pistol online can be dominant, I took down a guy is 3 easy hits once.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
The best matches i've had have been Near/Far on Infirmary, and explosive on sanctum.

The only major multplayer glitch (which is one I am experiencing right now, and that is why I am here, and not playing) is the glitch where you spawn outside of the stage, and you can't pull up the multiplayer menu, or the pause menu. You either restart your Wii, or you sit there for 5 minutes.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I don't have much experience with the pistol, but I'm loving the shotgun and strike rifle.

Shotgun: I jump>shoot in face>beat down for easy kill.

Strike Rifle: Scope. Need I say more?

I've gotten a lot better at FFAs and **** people when one of those weapons is on default.

My favorite match was near/far at streets, marathon. There was only 5 people and everyone was silver ranked. It was really close. I came second, and the top three all had 34 kills. Although winning marathon with Drudge at sanctum was pretty nice too. That SR is too good there. The scope lets you get easy kills on people who decide not to use the scope. (which at this point is pretty much everyone... I've only played one person who I could tell used it. People will wise up soon enough though...)

I don't jump spam anymore because it's pointless. I'll jump when I';m running from someone in bounty, and right before I shotgun you in the face, but just jumping around makes it harder to kill and gives more time for people to run and steal your kill and kill you.

So were those 3 shots headshots? I don't think anything can touch a well timed shotgun>melee, but a pistol could be really nice when you don't have a shotgun. I can't get headshots too well with it atm, but practice makes perfect. Do you have any advice for training accuracy?

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Good matches HC, I let my brother play a few rounds during that time. The beggining and the last match, were me though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think its the handgun you get on the second stage. I forgot the name but its an instant kill and has a scope.
I'm talking about things you can get in Multiplayer, not single player.

I think that the best (and most commonly used weapons) are the SR and Shotgun, because not only are they default weapons, they're obviously the best. Things like the THC Launcher don't count because they're rare, and neither does the explosives set because... well, duh, of course that's going to have the most powerful weapons.

Also, I'm starting to always rank top 2 in every FFA and I'm always best on my team (which nearly always wins). It's fun.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Explosives are great I love rocket Free4all.
I don't know what rank number I am, but I'm silver, and I have the triangle, and the eye filled in.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I hate the explosive matches.
I share your animosity.

I always get stuck with garbage like explosive ASE football and explosive bounty hunter.
I don't really like the explosive set at all. But I really don't like it when you are playing a game with a purpose like those, and noobs go around shooting everyone. My bro was playing team Capture the ASE and some noob from his team went around spawn killing his whole team. We were both pretty pissed. FFAs seem to be the only way to effectively isolate the annoyance of idiots who don't know how to play the game. I did, however, play a good game of team capture the ASE with explosive set, but that is my only positive experience with that set.

I wish the learning curve was higher. It doesn't have to be really high, or even like SSBM high, but something to make people who are too new to understand the rules of the game ineffective. (These people must be 8 though, I understood and won my first bounty hunter match...) Instead we get these people running around with rocket launchers shooting anything that moves for a one hit kill (often). But then again, it is a Wii game, so the probably made it low learning curve on purpose to appeal to the younger audience.

/rant

All in all, I agree with SkylerOcon's assessment of the best weapons.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Just rented the game, I plan on buying it, but I'm going to wait another week or so when I get some more money. I'll post my FC later tonight. Is anyone going to be on at 11:30 central time?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I love the shotgun, but it seems REALLY laggy on most matches. I'll shoot right next to them, then see the kill a few seconds later. Same for other people. They'll shoot, I melee them, then I get killed by the earlier shot and they get killed by my fists.

Very annoying. lol.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Anyone know if using the Wii Zapper helps at all? Or is the standard Wiimote combo best? I'd love to finally put the zapper to use.

Top Bottom