• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Darkslash

Smash Master
I really hope this isn't a big let-down; I have a 360 and am a major fan of FPS's, but I have been looking forward to this for a long time because the Wiimote and Nunchuk are useless for basically anything except shooters, and in that department they really shine. The Wii's control system for COD WaW kicks the 360 and the PS3 in the pants.

That being said, I have obtained a copy of this (don't ask how), and can't wait to play it. To all of those who plan on pirating this, or are a fan of FPS's, or maybe you just have a passing interest in it, please put some money towards buying it. It lets High Voltage and other 3rd party developers know that there's a market for games like this on the Wii, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm tired of shovelware bull****. If Nintendo wants to be taken seriously it needs to start encouraging serious play. If it lives up to its hype, The Conduit is a step in that direction.

Yes I actually told some pirates at my school if they're going to like the game, buy it, so more games like this come out on the market.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I really hope this isn't a big let-down; I have a 360 and am a major fan of FPS's, but I have been looking forward to this for a long time because the Wiimote and Nunchuk are useless for basically anything except shooters, and in that department they really shine. The Wii's control system for COD WaW kicks the 360 and the PS3 in the pants.

That being said, I have obtained a copy of this (don't ask how), and can't wait to play it. To all of those who plan on pirating this, or are a fan of FPS's, or maybe you just have a passing interest in it, please put some money towards buying it. It lets High Voltage and other 3rd party developers know that there's a market for games like this on the Wii, and I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm tired of shovelware bull****. If Nintendo wants to be taken seriously it needs to start encouraging serious play. If it lives up to its hype, The Conduit is a step in that direction.

Yes I actually told some pirates at my school if they're going to like the game, buy it, so more games like this come out on the market.
You know, if all the core players are pirates, then there isn't any actual insentive to make games that appeal to the core. Even if they buy The Conduit, the pirates' long term plans are to simply pirate core games in the future after establishing a demand for them.

@RDK: Define "living up to the hype." What do you expect The Conduit to be?

RDK

Smash Hero
You know, if all the core players are pirates, then there isn't any actual insentive to make games that appeal to the core. Even if they buy The Conduit, the pirates' long term plans are to simply pirate core games in the future after establishing a demand for them.

@RDK: Define "living up to the hype." What do you expect The Conduit to be?
If you think that the game's core audience are piracy advocates then you're seriously deluded. Pirates make up about less than 1% of the entire gaming population. If you took every pirate everywhere and dropped them into a crowd comprised of all Wii owners, it would literally be a needle in a haystack.

And I'm not expecting the game to be Halo, but it should at least be on par - if not better than - the latest CoD already available for Wii.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Well according to almost all reviews, it is the best wii FPS to date. The wiimote just feels so right for FPS it is really a shame that it hasn't gotten the attention until now. If we support the conduit, then maybe other developers will put more effort into wii FPS games.

Someone on another site wrote up an entire article about why Red Steel ruined the core possibilities for the wii. It was a pretty good read, although I disagree that you could put that much blame on one game and one company.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Did I miss something?
Anyway, bad news. (For me)
I'm not gettng the conduit when it ships.
I have to wait 5-12 days after it ships. Sucks for me.....

@Brawler: That's just your opinion.
Yeah, I know, I'm just saying that is one of the reasons I'm buying the conduit, and why it is more special than any fps IMO.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If you think that the game's core audience are piracy advocates then you're seriously deluded. Pirates make up about less than 1% of the entire gaming population. If you took every pirate everywhere and dropped them into a crowd comprised of all Wii owners, it would literally be a needle in a haystack.

And I'm not expecting the game to be Halo, but it should at least be on par - if not better than - the latest CoD already available for Wii.
Then piracy is a non-issue.

Any review says it is the best FPS on the wii. Still, you said you have the game, and the IGN review says it's a five hour game. You tell me - is it better than CoD: WaW for the wii?

Well according to almost all reviews, it is the best wii FPS to date. The wiimote just feels so right for FPS it is really a shame that it hasn't gotten the attention until now. If we support the conduit, then maybe other developers will put more effort into wii FPS games.

Someone on another site wrote up an entire article about why Red Steel ruined the core possibilities for the wii. It was a pretty good read, although I disagree that you could put that much blame on one game and one company.
Link please?

Honestly, I don't see how a core launch title being bad and still selling a million copies would translate to no core titles. If anything, the message is that even mediocre FPS's will sell on the wii.

RDK

Smash Hero
Then piracy is a non-issue.

Any review says it is the best FPS on the wii. Still, you said you have the game, and the IGN review says it's a five hour game. You tell me - is it better than CoD: WaW for the wii?.
Well I haven't played the single-player mode on the Wii version of WaW, so I really couldn't tell you. The only thing that matters to me is how the multiplayer stacks up, and I haven't gone online yet because A) there's literally no one on, and B) going online with a leaked game is stupid. Anybody who remembers what happened with Gears should know better. :)

And about Red Steel, that game was pretty awful. It bombed in pretty much every respect, which is doubly bad because it was the first of its kind.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I'm glad that RS2 is supposed to be great, it looks pretty fantastic, I wanna use my sword whenever, and I'm glad they figured that out

But until then, and even past that point, conduit will keep me busy.
No other game has ever seemed so epic that I wanna play it this bad since my brothers bought halo, and I saw them playing it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Gamepro review is up. It's lower than the others, but when you read it you realize the reviewer didn't touch the multiplayer, didn't take advantage of the customizable control layout, and didn't realize you can re-map grenade throwing and melee atttacks to a button press (while he did complain about how those were mapped to motion controls).

He also complains that the graphics are muddy, but to be honest, I can't tell if he's right or not. Although I haven't noticed this in the in-game trailers, the screen-shots are admittedly not that great to look at. http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210916/the-conduit/

RDK

Smash Hero
Gamepro review is up. It's lower than the others, but when you read it you realize the reviewer didn't touch the multiplayer, didn't take advantage of the customizable control layout, and didn't realize you can re-map grenade throwing and melee atttacks to a button press (while he did complain about how those were mapped to motion controls).

He also complains that the graphics are muddy, but to be honest, I can't tell if he's right or not. Although I haven't noticed this in the in-game trailers, the screen-shots are admittedly not that great to look at. http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/210916/the-conduit/
Lol, the reviewer openly admitted that he didn't check out multiplayer. Gamepro is a complete joke; everybody knows that. Not to mention they're so far up Sony's *** that they're chewing on the same piece of gum.

That being said, the single player mode of the game is predictable and kind of generic, but that's not what I bought it for anyway. When I get a chance to try online I'll let you guys know, but by then you'll probably have it already.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I totally ignored them when i saw they gave Wii music the exact same score. Nobody should take that site seriously until they take out 99 % of their staff.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I never took them seriously, if you want proof: they gave Wii music the same score as the conduit.

Lol, the reviewer openly admitted that he didn't check out multiplayer. Gamepro is a complete joke; everybody knows that. Not to mention they're so far up Sony's *** that they're chewing on the same piece of gum.

That being said, the single player mode of the game is predictable and kind of generic, but that's not what I bought it for anyway. When I get a chance to try online I'll let you guys know, but by then you'll probably have it already.
He disagreed with everything everybody said, good or bad: other reviewers said the story was too generic, while he says it's to complicated: the opposite. He skipped through the cut scenes, that's why you don't understand, or his brain couldn't comprehend it. It's like walking into a movie theater and watching half the movie and complaining about the storyline as one guy on gamepro put it.

EDIT: OH NO I posted and wanted to quote RDK to edit into the post, but my post was on the other page, so i thought there was a mistake and double posted, my bad.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know, I'm just saying that is one of the reasons I'm buying the conduit, and why it is more special than any fps IMO.
Who said it was?
But other then "Metroid prime 3", did the wii really have it's own FPS? No.
Not all Wii owners have the ps3/360. (And they might not want to, if they saw the upcoming wii games.)

But it's so funny when I'm in an argument with people who give the wii alll of this crap, but when I bring up the conduit they say "oh, I'll give you that because it's a FPS".

The world of gaming was (is.) doing find without shooter games.
Shooter games are not all that. (Try telling that to MLG.)

Deception

Smash Ace
Who said it was?
Not all Wii owners have the ps3/360. (And they might not want to, if they saw the upcoming wii games.)

But it's so funny when I'm in an argument with people who give the wii alll of this crap, but when I bring up the conduit they say "oh, I'll give you that because it's a FPS".

Metroid Prime 3 is a first person adventure game, not an FPS.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Who said it was?

In their defence, the wii deserves to be criticized. Not because of the graphics - a technical quality that I feel lost relevency with the PS2 personally - nor because of waggle, as motion controls done well are brilliant (wii bowling).

The problem with the wii is that High Voltage is the best third party developer on the system. A company most closely associated with "Go Diego, Go!"

We know gamecube and PS2 games can run perfectly well on the wii. And yet, there are no (3rd party) titles than come close to matching the quality of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or Kingdom Hearts 2. Zack and Wiki is not a substitute for kingdom hearts.

The saddest thing is that I would bet the biggest fanbase for a Kingdom Hearts game would be on the wii. Disney fans are much more closely associated with Nintendo than Sony (I would think).

Metroid Prime 3 is a first person adventure game, not an FPS.
Close enough.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hate to say it, but there is quite a difference.

Anyone else notice how sega is saving it's old rival by publishing so many hardcore wii titles?
Sega isn't saving anything. It's publishing titles to address a demographic that has yet to be targetted by rival companies. It's first attempt was a rail shooter, and it's second attempt appeared to be a budget title (MadWorld is really short). It's third title is a relatively mediocre FPS that is getting attention on the basis of not being a port. That is the power of untargetted demographics.

Sorry, but if Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS, then it is simply a better genre of game than the FPS (IMAO). It takes the FPS formula, simplifies it into a pick-up-and-play format, then adds lots of boss battles and puzzles many FPS's lack. The only criticism I have of Metroid Prime 3 as an FPS is the lack of online multiplayer. And the nausia it induces.

RDK

Smash Hero
Uh, Madworld was a good game; better than MP3 in my opinion. MP3 is quite possibly the most overrated game on the face of the earth.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Uh, Madworld was a good game; better than MP3 in my opinion. MP3 is quite possibly the most overrated game on the face of the earth.
Uh...how is MP3 overrated? It wasn't a perfect game at all, but except for Nintendo Power praising it as the first game ever to get a perfect 10 from them I haven't heard that much hype for it.

If you want the most overrated game ever, look at Super Mario Galaxy.

Sorry, but if Metroid Prime 3 isn't an FPS, then it is simply a better genre of game than the FPS (IMAO). It takes the FPS formula, simplifies it into a pick-up-and-play format, then adds lots of boss battles and puzzles many FPS's lack. The only criticism I have of Metroid Prime 3 as an FPS is the lack of online multiplayer. And the nausia it induces.
It's first-person and you shoot, but Nintendo's right...it's an adventure, not a shooter. I wouldn't call Super Metroid and other 2D Metroid games shooters, I'd call them Action/Adventures. People just see a gun and a first-person perspective and automatically say "FPS".

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Sega isn't saving anything. It's publishing titles to address a demographic that has yet to be targetted by rival companies. It's first attempt was a rail shooter, and it's second attempt appeared to be a budget title (MadWorld is really short). It's third title is a relatively mediocre FPS that is getting attention on the basis of not being a port. That is the power of untargetted demographics.

You think the conduit is s mediocre game? Having CoD 4, CoD WaW, Resistance 2, Battlefield Bad Co. I know the Conduit is on the lower tiers of generally well received FPSs, but I would not go to say it's mediocre.

BTW you made a comment about how the graphics weren't as good as people hyped them to be. They aren't the best, but I think they do the console some justice.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Madworld was good, but it was short. I can say it was much more fun for me than MP3, but I can't say it's the better game because of the puzzles and the backstory of Metroid Prime 3.

MP3 gave me motion sickness every time I played it. However, I appreciate the controls as being quite impressive. The many interesting puzzle including the boss fights themselves, and the emphasis on gameplay over story makes this FPA a genre I can appreciate much more than the FPS, as rather than relying on story and using the basic shooting mechanics in many different environments and situations, it relies entirely upon gameplay, unique gameplay mechanics that are introduced incrementally and used over and over in unque, creative puzzles. I honestly can't say MP3 is overrated, although I would have given it a lower than average score because a game shouldn't give you motion sickness.

I wouldn't say it is overrated though. I might say it was overrated if I didn't know that the scan visor can be used to find boss weaknesses if getting stuck was your problem, and I could see you believing it overrated if you dislike huge amount of backtracking - which I admit was a bit of a pain.

What in particular about MP3 do you believe has been overrated?

EDIT:
You think the conduit is s mediocre game? Having CoD 4, CoD WaW, Resistance 2, Battlefield Bad Co. I know the Conduit is on the lower tiers of generally well received FPSs, but I would not go to say it's mediocre.

BTW you made a comment about how the graphics weren't as good as people hyped them to be. They aren't the best, but I think they do the console some justice.

I don't know if the graphics are muddy - the gamepro review said they were. I know the screen shots are always ugly, but I never noticed a problem in a gameplay video.

Because there are a lot of games in the upper tier, it seems like an FPS game is either superb or mediocre. Maybe that's too strong a dichotemy? The problem is the sheer number of amazing FPS's (on other consoles) tend to make anything less than them seem like... less. There's also Fallout 3, MP3 (because it's close enough (for me)), Portal, Bioshock, adding up to more than I can remember.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
That second gif makes me dizzy for some reason. :p

Anyways, a guy on Youtube uploaded a bunch of online matches he had. Not like we haven't seen Conduit footage before, but it gives us a good look at some of the maps we haven't seen and a better one at the ones we have. Also, judging by the videos, there does not appear to be too much (if any) lag except for the first match (well, it's actually the second vid which is part of the first match) and the 6th vid where one guy blinks around a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0FyEDrp7ec&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DnoLhnULrY&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vU8KjWfOG8&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M5tfxNAtUw&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNnHvEzhz6U&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YMv1aYm0qQ&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46TakMQtYLo&feature=channel_page

Found some by another person, considerably better quality, though the first vid is almost all just setting up and such, so you might want to skip most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WSjZCtiiOU&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZwziyq3qGE&feature=channel_page

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
In their defence, the wii deserves to be criticized. Not because of the graphics - a technical quality that I feel lost relevency with the PS2 personally - nor because of waggle, as motion controls done well are brilliant (wii bowling).
Then I believe it's the developers that should be criticzied, the Wii can do more than it's been shown. (Many people thought the Wii could not do voice chat but then they come out with Wii speak.)

The problem with the wii is that High Voltage is the best third party developer on the system. A company most closely associated with "Go Diego, Go!"
That again is the fault of the developers, not the wii or nintendo.
But if we look around, we will see games being made like "monster hunter 3", "capcom VS tatsunoko", "resident evil: darkside" that are NOT made by HVS.

We know gamecube and PS2 games can run perfectly well on the wii. And yet, there are no (3rd party) titles than come close to matching the quality of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas or Kingdom Hearts 2. Zack and Wiki is not a substitute for kingdom hearts.
That's opnionated, for you see.
Some of those games may not match up to some of the wii's games.

The saddest thing is that I would bet the biggest fanbase for a Kingdom Hearts game would be on the wii. Disney fans are much more closely associated with Nintendo than Sony (I would think).
Spectrobes Wii...............
------------------------

Deception: What!?
You are in first-person and you are shooting.............
That's like saying just because you drive a car in a part of the game, it's no longer a FPS.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Then I believe it's the developers that should be criticzied, the Wii can do more than it's been shown. (Many people thought the Wii could not do voice chat but then they come out with Wii speak.)

That again is the fault of the developers, not the wii or nintendo.
But if we look around, we will see games being made like "monster hunter 3", "capcom VS tatsunoko", "resident evil: darkside" that are NOT made by HVS.

That's opnionated, for you see.
Some of those games may not match up to some of the wii's games.

Spectrobes Wii...............
------------------------

Deception: What!?
You are in first-person and you are shooting.............
That's like saying just because you drive a car in a part of the game, it's no longer a FPS.
While I admit that it is a developer problem, it is also a wii problem because the laziness of the developers becomes the mediocrity of the system. People buy systems for software, and if certain software doesn't exist on a certain system, the system is lacking that software. Not that it makes it right, because it doesn't.

To be completely honest, I can't actually count any of those games because they aren't out yet. I can, however, count Tiger Woods 10 for the wii as a triple A title, because it appears to be such.

At the risk of starting a flame war, I don't think there is a single piece of triple-A 3rd party software on the wii prior to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. Please, please prove me wrong, as I am very bored and would love to play a phenominal wii game.

EDIT: Is World of Goo and the Boom Blox series triple A?

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
While I admit that it is a developer problem, it is also a wii problem because the laziness of the developers becomes the mediocrity of the system. People buy systems for software, and if certain software doesn't exist on a certain system, the system is lacking that software. Not that it makes it right, because it doesn't.

To be completely honest, I can't actually count any of those games because they aren't out yet. I can, however, count Tiger Woods 10 for the wii as a triple A title, because it appears to be such.

At the risk of starting a flame war, I don't think there is a single piece of triple-A 3rd party software on the wii prior to Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. Please, please prove me wrong, as I am very bored and would love to play a phenominal wii game.

That is still a problem with the developer, if people make gaems for Xbox, or PS3, or wii that are terrible, that is not the console's fault. If you need me to back up Nintendo, than it's obviously not their fault, because they have release WM+ and all(and I mean all) of their hardcore titles have been AAA titles.

Now onto you're question about AAA games
Zach and Wiki is not very public, and I don't understand why, it's the most fun I've had with puzzle games since portal (and in it's own way it is better than portal). While not famous, it is a AAA title (i like AAA better than triple A, lol) Tiger is good 3rd party game, deserving of AAA status.

the Conduit is also, in most respects, a AAA game, it's a breakthrough in wii FPSs, and .4 points off from tiger,which is a superb sports game.

And I know you aren't asking, but seriously, I need to emphasize how great Tiger is. Not juts best golf game, not just best sports game on the wii, THE best sports game. It took EA some time, but they discovered how to make irreplaceable games that could only be done on the wii.

World of Goo is AAA (though it is wii ware, so overall AAA could be questionable)
Boom Blox (original) was great, but not AAA, Bash Party is amazingly fun, but still not AAA material.

As a side note, are you even getting conduit?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
That is still a problem with the developer, if people make gaems for Xbox, or PS3, or wii that are terrible, that is not the console's fault. If you need me to back up Nintendo, than it's obviously not their fault, because they have release WM+ and all(and I mean all) of their hardcore titles have been AAA titles.

Now onto you're question about AAA games
Zach and Wiki is not very public, and I don't understand why, it's the most fun I've had with puzzle games since portal (and in it's own way it is better than portal). While not famous, it is a AAA title (i like AAA better than triple A, lol) Tiger is good 3rd party game, deserving of AAA status.

the Conduit is also, in most respects, a AAA game, it's a breakthrough in wii FPSs, and .4 points off from tiger,which is a superb sports game.

And I know you aren't asking, but seriously, I need to emphasize how great Tiger is. Not juts best golf game, not just best sports game on the wii, THE best sports game. It took EA some time, but they discovered how to make irreplaceable games that could only be done on the wii.

World of Goo is AAA (though it is wii ware, so overall AAA could be questionable)
Boom Blox (original) was great, but not AAA, Bash Party is amazingly fun, but still not AAA material.

As a side note, are you even getting conduit?
You have a kind of funny definition of AAA...

I don't think Zack and Wiki is AAA partially because it was such a neglected project. Generally, the super high quality games are so big that no publisher would dare not marketting them, because such a large monetary investment has already been made in these games. I haven't played The Conduit yet, so no comment. As a point of reference, Resident Evil 4 seems to be AAA by a lot of people, but it's a AAA gamecube port, and not what you would call a wii game.

And yes, I am getting Conduit. I'm pretty sure this is the forth time I said I was getting it in this thread.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice

That's not the Wii's fault if developers go lazy on it, it's the Wii's problem but not it's fault.
If you are saying the Wii is lacking software, what kind if software do you mean? (If that's what you are saying.)

If you saw their gameplay (which is out now), yes you can count on them.
If you don't have "Tiger Woods 10" or it's not out yet, how can you not count on the games I listed?

What risk? It will only turn into a "flame war" if you make it one. (And you don't seem to be doing that, now do you.)
Hmmmm, let's take a look at "Punch out" and "Madworld". They both are selling good, they have good reviews (Which I don't really care about.) and are 3rd party Wii games. The 3rd party support is not as good as the PS3's and 360's, but it is still good. But let's say the 3rd party support was crap, that proves my point even more about the developers. Don't you think?

@Spoiler: You tell me.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
That's not the Wii's fault if developers go lazy on it, it's the Wii's problem but not it's fault.
If you are saying the Wii is lacking software, what kind if software do you mean? (If that's what you are saying.)

If you saw their gameplay (which is out now), yes you can count on them.
If you don't have "Tiger Woods 10" or it's not out yet, how can you not count on the games I listed?

What risk? It will only turn into a "flame war" if you make it one. (And you don't seem to be doing that, now do you.)
Hmmmm, let's take a look at "Punch out" and "Madworld". They both are selling good, they have good reviews (Which I don't really care about.) and are 3rd party Wii games. The 3rd party support is not as good as the PS3's and 360's, but it is still good. But let's say the 3rd party support was crap, that proves my point even more about the developers. Don't you think?

@Spoiler: You tell me.
Well, I consider a large budget essential to the definition of a AAA game. I don't believe Punch Out! is third party. I can't count a game that's not out because I don't buy systems for "potential." I buy systems because they have great games. If I was buying something for it's potential, I would have bought a PS3.

EDIT: The wii is lacking (3rd party) software that has the same amount of effort and money put into it as a top tier Xbox 360 or PS3 game. Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are accounted for and are in that top tier league, but there isn't anything outside of Nintendo games at the level of Grand Theft Auto 4, MGS4, Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Oblivion, etc. Sparsity is one thing, but what I saw on metacritic would indicate that there is not a single third party game at the same level as any of these games that is not Nintendo made. Except maybe Tiger Woods 10, a game that gets much higher reader reviews than critic reviews for some reason. And possibly Rock Band 2. It almost makes me wish I liked sports and music games.

RDK

Smash Hero
I decided to venture onto wifi today, and I have to say that while the online isn't CoD4, it's still a great game. Not to mention the controls are amazing.

I'll post later once I've been able to play multiplayer more thoroughly.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I took a leap of faith (ho, ho, ho) And bought this game today. (the day it came out) I must say, it's excellent. I did the first mission on story, it seemed alright, and then I went to multiplayer. Two hours speed by in a flash. It was great fun, and I'm still working out the kinks in my controller setup, but it's a great experience none the less. I'm also doing quite well considering I'm no FPS player, and I don't like some of the maps, they seem "campy", but others are the other extreme, with those in between, I think everyone can find some map they love. All in all, undoubtedly the best FPS on the Wii.

I highly recommend it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The online is good, but I had a couple laggy matches after a couple good ones. It might have something to do with using Xbox 360 voicechat over wifi while also playing Conduit on the same network. Or not.

Story mode isn't special so far, although it's fun. I'm only on the second mission though, so it's impossible to fairly judge.

This is one of the very few times I will say that the graphics are good enough that I noticed them. It must have something to do with owning a wii as my system of choice. The music seems good. The controls are so good, I didn't notice them. Absolutely no learning curve past knowing what the buttons do. Although the melee mechanic feels a little off and I might reassign it to something other that waggle, the grenade throws are perfect. Surprisingly much more easy and accurate than most console shooters.

Is a headache something I would get from FPS's, or is that just because of screens in general? Unusually, I got this nasty headache after playing for a few hours and had to stop.

My first impression is that The Conduit is a good FPS made great by superb controls.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Love this game.
Levels are long, thought that might have to do with me sitting and listening to all six radio transmissions at every radio every single time.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yeah, the single player is like Perfect Dark Wii, but nobody got it for the single player anyway. The multiplayer is solid and that's all that matters.

Faithkeeper and Halloween Captain, trade FC's with me so we can play later.

3266 - 2832 - 1954

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the single player is like Perfect Dark Wii, but nobody got it for the single player anyway. The multiplayer is solid and that's all that matters.

Faithkeeper and Halloween Captain, trade FC's with me so we can play later.

3266 - 2832 - 1954
what about me yo?

Top Bottom