• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I think along with FC's we should have listed whether or not you have WiiSpeak, so just let me know so I can add that. BTW, I'm adding everyone that is on the first page.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'll post my fc/add everyone when I get home tomorrow.

By the way, what's everyone's opinion on the main music? I personally think its generic, but it could sound much much worse.

M@v

Subarashii!
So I just got this, and this game has the best online I've ever seen in a wii game by far. Good game :)

My FC:

0474-5619-0609

Engel

Smash Journeyman
So apparently the only map in this game is The Streets >_>

And everyone seems to love voting for the explosive set (okay the occassional rockets match on the Streets is fun but people voting for this type of thing over and over and over gets real lame real fast :\ )

I'm loving the shotgun though... shotgun + small halls = too good.

My FC is 3695 7804 4512
I don't have WiiSpeak though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Next Friday, lets have a giant SWF TC tournament. How about we split everybody up into teams of two (I know the game randomizes teams, but we could work around this somehow) and have two person teams play against each other? I think that would be fun.

Either that, or just a giant FFA with all of us against all of us.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
Next Friday, lets have a giant SWF TC tournament. How about we split everybody up into teams of two (I know the game randomizes teams, but we could work around this somehow) and have two person teams play against each other? I think that would be fun.

Sounds good but we need to know everyone's time zone.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I am going to be gone Friday. For the 4th of July.
Ditto.

@engel:

I totally know what you are saying. I love the streets with near/far, but it does get old after having over half of your matches there... there are places I don't even think I've been to yet and I'm top rank of the silver triangle.

Also, explosive noobs are annoying. I don't like that set much at all. Sometimes I get stuck with a group of people who continually pick the explosive set... I end up quitting, that stuff is too annoying. The funny thing is, I remember playing halo 2 with friends back in the day and I loved the rocket launcher because that was about the only wep I could use to kill people with.

I thing I've found with myself (have you guys noticed it as well?) is that my performance depends to a point on which weapon set and map I get. If it's near/far, drudge, or chargeable, I win/maybe close second almost every time... unless it's at a stage I don't like. But with worse weapons, I don't do as well. (I do well regardless, and sometimes win anyway, but not as frequently) So if this community has essentially decided that the best weapons are the shotgun and Strike Rifle, what does it mean when someone does very well with the good weapons, but with worse weapons does not live up to his otherwise normal standard of performance? (the same thing is applied similarly to maps)

Darkslash

Smash Master

At this point of time I want to hurt my self because I don't have 84$ to shell out. Even if I get a job it's not going to be enough.

-Sigh-

Darkurai

Smash Master

There's more than 12 of us though. A single FFA wouldn't work.

I've actually thinking about something like this. A way I thought of it was we could split players up so that each match had the same amount of players. We'd start out doing teams, with the winning team advancing. We could keep doing teams, with the teams getting smaller and smaller as the game goes on until they were small enough to start doing FFA's.

Just a thought.

Also, the day before Independence Day sounds self-destructive since a lot of people go away for Independence Day.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
There's more than 12 of us though. A single FFA wouldn't work.

I've actually thinking about something like this. A way I thought of it was we could split players up so that each match had the same amount of players. We'd start out doing teams, with the winning team advancing. We could keep doing teams, with the teams getting smaller and smaller as the game goes on until they were small enough to start doing FFA's.

Just a thought.
Good thinking. A similar way that might work is to have "pools". Set up some random FFAs, and the top 3-6 advance. You could continue something like this into brackets until you get to the final 12. That way there would be no "I got a crappy team" johns.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
There must be some way where you can set teams in a private match. Gamebattles has a 4v4 ladder on their site, so you would think if they have a ladder, there is a way to set teams.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Gamebattles all ready has The Conduit? O_o

wow, I wonder when MLG ill add Conduit to the circuit if they do.

I'm open for about an hour, so if you want to play just VM me or AIM.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So I've heard that this game is selling rather well. I'm shock considering this is a third party game. But it's all good though.

And I've a feeling that the popularity of this game is to determine if other 3rd parties made core games for Nintendo again.

Darkslash

Smash Master
So I've heard that this game is selling rather well. I'm shock considering this is a third party game. But it's all good though.

And I've a feeling that the popularity of this game is to determine if other 3rd parties made core games for Nintendo again.
The game is backorded on gamestop. That's a amazing feat to be honest, especially from a company that made licensed games.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The game is backorded on gamestop. That's a amazing feat to be honest, especially from a company that made licensed games.
Would you expect anything less from Halo? :)

EDIT: I finished Conduit today.

I'm not sure it's fair to
not give you any cover
entering the final stage, but it was still awesomely hard.

And they clearly plan on a sequel. I hate when a sequel is obvious, but the multiplayer is still awesome.

Anyone else notice that an entire hive clip = two shotgun blasts to the face?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Would you expect anything less from Halo? :)
O_o huh?

Anyway, I work at Gamestop (Assistant Store Manager at my store), and it's been selling really well. I'm very curious to try it. It also helps that High Voltage is down the street from me (well, in the area. Probably a ten minute drive). They stop in all the time. So it's kinda cool. :shrug:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Fighting aliens with modern, near future, and alien weaponry. Great online multiplayer with regenerative health and sticky grenades. Character models that look like something straight out of Halo 3, with a campaign that is about as good as Halo 3's campaign.

Except for the somewhat low-poly environments, Conduit is what I would expect from a Halo game.

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
oh man i really cant w8 to try it out..... it really sucks that games come over here last..... ill have to w8 till july.... well at least ill have a new decent fps... if the controls are nearly as good as MP3 and CoD5 which ive heard they are and there is a tolerable amount of lagg online ill really be busy for a while.....

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Yeah from the ending I definitely think they are setting us up for a sequel. Hopefully they will ask the fans what we would like to see in the next game.

The story was alright. It didn't pick up until about the fourth or fifth mission then kind of dropped of at the end. Now to go back to multiplayer and get owned.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Yeah from the ending I definitely think they are setting us up for a sequel. Hopefully they will ask the fans what we would like to see in the next game.
They've said already they're trying to make The Conduit into a whole series.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yea, I bought my copy (special edition) from gamestop the day it came out, 2 hours after it opened.... I got the 2nd to last one.

I find it likely tactics will be used/necessary once the general level of online play increases... very few people are any good right now. I have almost no FPS experience and I do very well. For a person with so little fps experience to be doing so well, to me, indicates a very low level of skill exhibited by your average random online player. I think the skill level will go up with time, requiring smarter playing.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yea, I bought my copy (special edition) from gamestop the day it came out, 2 hours after it opened.... I got the 2nd to last one.

I find it likely tactics will be used/necessary once the general level of online play increases... very few people are any good right now. I have almost no FPS experience and I do very well. For a person with so little fps experience to be doing so well, to me, indicates a very low level of skill exhibited by your average random online player. I think the skill level will go up with time, requiring smarter playing.
How do you play?

Personally, I find that the tactic that works best (for me) is to keep moving - follow the red dots, but don't ever slow down or camp. When I find an opponent, I charge while shooting and locked on, and if I catch up I use locked-on beat downs.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I think the only place that tactics will really shine is in Team Objective.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
How do you play?

Personally, I find that the tactic that works best (for me) is to keep moving - follow the red dots, but don't ever slow down or camp. When I find an opponent, I charge while shooting and locked on, and if I catch up I use locked-on beat downs.
As a person whose skill is almost entirely based on being some distance (note why I like the far ranged weapons), it is pretty similar to yours, except I only bum rush when I don't think. The weapons I use aren't that great at bum rushing.

With organizing the team, yes, it will likely just be mostly in team objective (maybe a little in the slayer), but seriously, I (who doubt my own FPS skill) should not be racking up a 9 kill streak with human weapons in a mid sized map. And this is without the SMAW (I got another over 5 kill streak with the SMAW, but that's not the point)

comboking

Smash Master
Z=Crouch
C=Jump
A=Target Lock
B=Fire
↑=Scope
↓=Melee
→=Change Weapon
←=Change Grenades
Wiimote Shake= 180º Turn

Controller Sensitivity
TS=30
CS=30
HV=100
VV=20-100

Radar= In the middle of the screen

HUD Transparenty=75%

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
How do you play?

That doesnt require the wii speak. In team reaper mode everybody spreads out.

ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY ME ONLINE???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I got the game today and am still tweaking my controls. What do you guys have your controls like?
My controls are almost exactly like the default ones. I don't really change the controls or anything around (except for rare occasions). I am typically fine with the way the HUD and stuff is set up. The only difference is that all the D-pad controls are inverted (switch weapon is left, switch grenade is right, scope is up, and turn is down).

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
For my controls, I kept everything the same as default (Mr.Ford) except I put Melee on Z, Target lock on Up on the control pad, and spin on the remote thrust. I had melee on thrust for a while (the whole campaign, actually) but decided to put it to something more reliable since I've sometimes failed at meleeing due to me spazzing out and not thrusting forward properly. Had to move target lock as a result, and decided to put it on up since I never use spin and I've been thinking of using more lock in my game.

Also, I'll get my friend code up later tomorrow, right now I'm too lazy to connect my wifi lol.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Z=lock on
C= Grenade
Nunchuck shake = ASE
Wii-mote thrust= 180 (everyone seems to do that)
up D-pad= melee
donw D-pad= zoom
left= grenade switch
right= weapon switch
A= jump (duh)
B= shoot (duh, would be stupid if it wasn't for me)
+= crouch
-= reload/pick up

Im still not sure how the lock on works, does it prevent you from losing your target, or what?

Top Bottom