• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
As a person whose skill is almost entirely based on being some distance (note why I like the far ranged weapons), it is pretty similar to yours, except I only bum rush when I don't think. The weapons I use aren't that great at bum rushing.

With organizing the team, yes, it will likely just be mostly in team objective (maybe a little in the slayer), but seriously, I (who doubt my own FPS skill) should not be racking up a 9 kill streak with human weapons in a mid sized map. And this is without the SMAW (I got another over 5 kill streak with the SMAW, but that's not the point)
I like to think that my nine kill streaks are entirely skill, along with all those team objective matches where I have 5 out of 6 of my team's captures, and those ASE football matches where I have 70 points and second place has 25.

Incidently, I use the default except I made up on the d-pad the ASE, down the melee attack, + the zoom feature, and wii-mote shake the 180 twist. I love that nun-chuck shake for grenades, but it has killed me while I was scratching my nose listening to the radio.

Aparently there are two Conduit clans on gamebattles. RtS, a Conduit exclusive clan, and Sons of Liberty, who are incumbents in that they've been around since Metal of Honor: Heroes 2. Also they hate eachother, because RtS claimed a false win against Sons of Liberty.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Z=lock on(may change to scope)
C= crouch
Nunchuck shake = Grenades(GASP!)
Wii-mote thrust= 180
up D-pad= jump(lolwut)
donw D-pad= Melee
left= grenade switch
right= weapon switch
A= scope(lol i may change it to Lockon)
B= shoot
+= ASE
-= reload/pick up

I remember my Dead Box being 74X73. May make it smaller.

Aparently there are two Conduit clans on gamebattles. RtS, a Conduit exclusive clan, and Sons of Liberty, who are incumbents in that they've been around since Metal of Honor: Heroes 2. Also they hate eachother, because RtS claimed a false win against Sons of Liberty.

I plan on registering SWF into game battles. Well..as soon as i get my wii fixed :mad:

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Last time I checked, they had 3 clans in the ladder, so another clan must have got on. I definitely think we should form some sort of 4v4 or 5v5 person team. Im thinking by the end of july, the ladder should have a lot of clans.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I know double post, but I thought I'd post my controls. I love em.

Z=scope
C= melee
Nunchuck shake = ASE
Wii-mote thrust= 180
up D-pad= lock on
donw D-pad= grenade
left= grenade switch
right= weapon switch
A= jump
B= shoot
+= Acrouch
-= reload/pick up

Almost 30% of my kills come on melee finishers, so I keep melee handy at C. Never use lock on.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
1677-1554-0909
Finally decided to go on wifi after playing the 1p for a few hours (although I'm only on the 5th mission, the last part of the 3rd mission took me forever -_____- )

Stryks

Smash Hero
Got a 10 kill streak yesterday, I was owning in one of those houses in the Streets map.

I love this game

BTW cleared campaign... yeah It lacked some stuff, didn't feel like I was connected to the main character, this would have been so much better if there were cutscenes.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I know double post, but I thought I'd post my controls. I love em.

Z=scope
C= melee
Nunchuck shake = ASE
Wii-mote thrust= 180
up D-pad= lock on
donw D-pad= grenade
left= grenade switch
right= weapon switch
A= jump
B= shoot
+= Acrouch
-= reload/pick up

Almost 30% of my kills come on melee finishers, so I keep melee handy at C. Never use lock on.
I don't know about that. Using melee without locking-on seems suicidal to me, but whatever works for you.

the pistols are so beast in this game : D
But can you make milkshakes with them?

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I've had a couple 8 streaks, but I get a 5 streak once or twice a match, and 3's about every other life. I don't put up the big numbers, but I'm fairly consistent.

My playstyle entirely depends on my weapon and where, but around 1/2 of my kills are melee finishers.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Got a 10 kill streak yesterday, I was owning in one of those houses in the Streets map.

I love this game

BTW cleared campaign... yeah It lacked some stuff, didn't feel like I was connected to the main character, this would have been so much better if there were cutscenes.
Someone obviously didn't sit down and listen to the radio transmissions.

Also, winning combo = Shotgun blast + melee strike. Single handedly stormed Red Base during a Team Reaper match and killed ten guys.

And I vote for forming a GameBattles team. Hell, I'd have done it myself already if it wasn't glitching when I try to make an account.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Also, winning combo = Shotgun blast + melee strike. Single handedly stormed Red Base during a Team Reaper match and killed ten guys.
QFT.

I was raving about that a few pages back. It's so good. I think perfect accuracy handgun can kill faster/safer though. (I've heard 3 headshot=kill?) But yes, that "combo" is why shotgun is my favorite weapon. It's not hard to do either.

Anybody know if the SR gets a bonus for scoring a headshot?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I don't know about that. Using melee without locking-on seems suicidal to me, but whatever works for you.
Just ask Zoids or zyrky, I have no problem landing melees haha. We played an ASE, and i had a kill streak of over 6 with the three them only using melee while holding the ASE.

EDIT : Faithkeeper, I keep trying to find your FC, but you haven't posted it.... whats your FC?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Incidently, I use the default except I made up on the d-pad the ASE, down the melee attack, + the zoom feature, and wii-mote shake the 180 twist. I love that nun-chuck shake for grenades, but it has killed me while I was scratching my nose listening to the radio.
Well, I keep Melee with thrust because I find it reliable enough for me (I don't typically have problems with motion control, something the game critics clearly do), and the same with grenades (even though Frag grenades are the only ones I find working constantly). The tweaks to the controls I made were because sometimes (during my first play through with default [Ford] controls) I made button errors, like calling up the ASE when I wanted to switch weapons and turned around when I wanted to zoom. This was answered by inverting the D-pad, and I have a better time (I also temporarily switched reload with ASE, but it didn't last long).

RDK

Smash Hero
What? No lock-on? Lock-on is essential; you have to know how much life your opponent has left, and plus it makes aiming 100% easier. The only time I don't lock is when I'm using the SMAW, because oddly enough it's easier to no-scope people.

And just letting everyone know I finally got around to adding everyone's FC.

Edit: Faithkeeper says he can't post his FC because his parents won't let him. :(

Darkurai

Smash Master
What? No lock-on? Lock-on is essential; you have to know how much life your opponent has left, and plus it makes aiming 100% easier. The only time I don't lock is when I'm using the SMAW, because oddly enough it's easier to no-scope people.

And just letting everyone know I finally got around to adding everyone's FC.

Edit: Faithkeeper says he can't post his FC because his parents won't let him. :(
His parents don't have to know.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

I'm working on it, I should get permission in 24 hours.

His parents don't have to know.
#1 I'm more respectful than that. Maybe not all parents, but my parents are the kind that deserve respect. Much of what they do is for my benefit, and they are extremely unselfish, making personal sacrifices to make sure I can get to college and so many other things. I wouldn't betray their trust over something like a FC.

#2 You obviously don't know my parents, they would know. :chuckle:

RDK

Smash Hero
Dude LJ, we just kicked *** in Bounty Hunter, despite random people just walking up to me and killing me for no reason.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'm working on it, I should get permission in 24 hours.

#1 I'm more respectful than that. Maybe not all parents, but my parents are the kind that deserve respect. Much of what they do is for my benefit, and they are extremely unselfish, making personal sacrifices to make sure I can get to college and so many other things. I wouldn't betray their trust over something like a FC.

#2 You obviously don't know my parents, they would know. :chuckle:
I respect reason #1. Reason #2 I still doubt.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Ugh... what the heck, just got disconnected when we were both tied for 1st in that marathon. Uber lame. Now I can't get back into the game...

RDK did you see that guy named Altf4 haha.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ugh... what the heck, just got disconnected when we were both tied for 1st in that marathon. Uber lame. Now I can't get back into the game...

RDK did you see that guy named Altf4 haha.
A bunch of people got kicked from that game, like half the lobby, so it could've been the lag.

And yeah, I did see that guy! I thought maybe it was actually Alt, so I went and checked the social group to see if he had joined lol.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I saw a guy named mowai... He was a little below average skill.

Darkrai, I'll save you the explanation, just take my word on it. Either way, it's not needed, I should get permission soon.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread or in the social group online though... I'm "Faith" btw, (Faithkeeper wouldn't fit. :( ) if anyone sees me.

EDIT: I got it. I'll post it in the social group.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
How did we get three strike when like only one person voted for it? I got third because I camped this room that had health in it.

The free falls were pretty fun. Lone scored higher than I did but I usually killed him when I ran into him. I have to work on my aim. Though my grenade tosses are getting better.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
how Did We Get Three Strike When Like Only One Person Voted For It? I Got Third Because I Camped This Room That Had Health In It.

The free Falls Were Pretty Fun. Lone Scored Higher Than I Did But I Usually Killed Him When I Ran Into Him. I Have To Work On My Arm. Though My Gernade Tosses Are Getting Better.
Thay Have That Mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
The longest streak I've gotten was only 4, I always seem to die too quickly to get a streak. Right now I've only played Team but am gonna play FFA soon,. My least favorite stage right now is Streets, because it always turns into a campfest between the two houses. And yeah, the pistol is beastly.

1677-1554-0909 ;)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Ok, how do you use the close combat set? I'm terrible with this set and haven't won a single match with it. I can't seem to do enough damage to approach while shooting and melee for the KO. Anybody have any decent tips for me, anything at all that might help?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
QFT.

I was raving about that a few pages back. It's so good. I think perfect accuracy handgun can kill faster/safer though. (I've heard 3 headshot=kill?) But yes, that "combo" is why shotgun is my favorite weapon. It's not hard to do either.

Anybody know if the SR gets a bonus for scoring a headshot?
YES. The bonus for headshots the SR (that's the rifle with the three shot burst, right?) is insane; I think you take out 75% of the opponent's health if all three shots hit.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
A fellow BRoomer pointed me back here so I wanted to make an appearance and share my thoughts:

The Conduit is not everything I hoped it would be, but its good enough for a Nintendo fan that is craving a good shooter to play. It feels like the spiritual successor to Perfect Dark for the N64. The environments, enemies, theme and pace all feel very similar. Likewise, without REALLY tightening the turning area, movement feels just a little slow and clunky, which reminds me of the good 'ol N64 FPS games.

But I'm more interested in the multiplayer modes... And this is where I was both disappointed AND satisfied with my purchase. I was disappointed by the lackluster customization options, the limited map selection and the lame party system that doesn't let you join random battles with a team of friends. However, the weapons seem to be really well thought out, there seems to be some skill required to be successful and it is def fun to play with friends with voice chat.

I am curious what you all think good, fair competitive rules should look like?

Weapons? Maps? Modes?

So far I've really only played the team deathmatch stuff, FFAs and 1v1, and no objective games. Is the objective stuff good?

If we can work out some good settings, I think a little 2v2 tourney might be in order. Thoughts?

Darkslash

Smash Master
The conduit isn't some alien invasion story. Looking through the messages, its a ****ing 2012 doomsday story, with Greek myths.

Cliche my ***, the story just went up many notches.

The conduit implies that Roswell and Shag Harbor were human puppet plane hijacks, or human puppets shot down their masters. lol

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I've only played Team Reaper online so far, and I've only had the game for 2 days, but I also think it'd be interesting if SWF made a custom ruleset and then had a tournament, and it would be fun.

Is it possible to make a custom weapons pack, like picking and choosing weapons from different sets?

strike42

Smash Journeyman
YES. The bonus for headshots the SR (that's the rifle with the three shot burst, right?) is insane; I think you take out 75% of the opponent's health if all three shots hit.
wait are u thinking of the scar? thats the battle riffle type gun. if u land all the shots as head shots it kills in one hit.

RDK

Smash Hero
A fellow BRoomer pointed me back here so I wanted to make an appearance and share my thoughts:

The Conduit is not everything I hoped it would be, but its good enough for a Nintendo fan that is craving a good shooter to play. It feels like the spiritual successor to Perfect Dark for the N64. The environments, enemies, theme and pace all feel very similar. Likewise, without REALLY tightening the turning area, movement feels just a little slow and clunky, which reminds me of the good 'ol N64 FPS games.

But I'm more interested in the multiplayer modes... And this is where I was both disappointed AND satisfied with my purchase. I was disappointed by the lackluster customization options, the limited map selection and the lame party system that doesn't let you join random battles with a team of friends. However, the weapons seem to be really well thought out, there seems to be some skill required to be successful and it is def fun to play with friends with voice chat.

I am curious what you all think good, fair competitive rules should look like?

Weapons? Maps? Modes?

So far I've really only played the team deathmatch stuff, FFAs and 1v1, and no objective games. Is the objective stuff good?

If we can work out some good settings, I think a little 2v2 tourney might be in order. Thoughts?
I'll put it into perspective. Being a big FPS player who owns both a 360 and a Wii, the Conduit is a decent FPS, made better by the Wiimote + Nuncuk setup, which is perfect for shooters. Is it any reason for people to leave the Xbox or PS3? No. Is it a must-have for Wii owners? Yes.

There are plenty of better shooters out there on other consoles, but if you're stuck with the Wii or you want to ditch dual analog, then get the Conduit. Yes, the graphics aren't up to par, and the online could use some work. But if this is any indication of what HVS is going to do for the sequel, then that's probably a good sign.

And plus I can't get over how smooth the controls are. Playing Conduit right after COD4 or Halo 3 makes dual analog seem strangely outdated.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Sorry pal, but no, there isn't a custom weapon set ability. The limits of wifi prevents this. Human or near/far will likely be the typical ruleset, but that's just a guess.

Oh, and Halloween, the 3 shot burst weapon is the scar, and it saps around 1/2 of a person's health bar if it connects, meaning you only need two head shots (or 4 body shots). In this game, the headshot mechanic is apparently weapons that can achieve head shots do double damage if they connect with the head as opposed to another part of the body (The Pistol, Scar, & Strike Rifle [what you said] are the only weapons that can do so [that I know of]) (In Halo, the head shot mechanic is that the shot that depletes the shield will Kill if it hits the head [1 for the sniper weapons, 5 for the Magnum, 8 For the Carbine, and 12{4} with the BR])

Some time, somebody (probably me) should write up some guide to the weapons with details like power and how to use [properly will come later]). Of course I'm going to ask you guys for help.

Top Bottom