• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Conduit (FC's First Page)

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I added you Stryks :)
So did I.

On a different note, I think with perfect accuracy, the SCAR might be a better sniper than the SR.

Fireing speed:
SCAR~SR

Fireing rate:
SCAR>SR

We are talking about the ability to continually headshot one hit kill people here, the SR must recharge to get that function, therefore it is slower.

Ammo:
SCAR?SR

I think the scar can deliver more heashots in one clip, but am not sure.

Reload speed:
SCAR>SR

I am pretty sure about this one, but I haven't timed them or anything.

What do you guys think?

RDK

Smash Hero
So I've been playing some 1v1 matches this week with a friend who lives just a few miles away and I am noticing some pretty serious host advantage. We both have solid connections, but he seems to be killing me much more quickly than I am killing him. If this game ever makes it past people screwing around on swf in some serious tournaments, its something to consider.

Question: is there a way to turn off radar for private games? Radar is sooooo anti-competitive that its painful. It totally eliminates all lot of strategy and mindgames that the opponent can't be caught off guard. If it can't be turned off somehow, then I don't think this game has a life for serious competition.
It's just like in Halo where if you crouch, you disappear from the radar. Although AFAIK there's no way to actually disable the radar system, which sucks, because it is fairly anti-competitive and totally eliminates any strategy from the game.

About the shotgun glitch everyone keeps talking about; I haven't had a chance to use it yet - and I'm still ****** without it so I don't think it's time for me to try it yet - but is it significantly game-altering? When you say it only still ***** at short-range, are you saying it's like a nifty counter against people who overuse the shotgun?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Yeah I've been destroying near/far games in places like infirmary with the shotgun tricks, and it makes it signifigantly easier to kill someone with this trick. The shotgun already only takes about two hits to kill people with the shotgun anyways and with this AT you go *boom**boom* instead of *boom* , *reload**boom*, killing them in about 1 1/2 sec. if both hits connect (use lock on for best results)

And btw I've added you Stryks

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I don't think that's host advantage. If I'm correct, then here's what happens. When you kill him, it has to register on his console first, and then send data of his death to your console before he goes down. When he kills you, he's already sent the data of the shot to you, and your game already knows that you're dead, so you go down immediately. Then, any resynching needed is done during respawning.

If I'm right, your friend would perceive you as having the same "advantage", when in reality there is none.
You are not right. Have you ever played an FPS competitively before? The host box is the console that resolves all the shooting, damage, death etc. Each box cannot do that for themselves, otherwise there would potentially be irresolvable discrepencies. So one box needs to be "the boss" and make all the final decisions.

So, whichever person is on the host box has an inherent advantage. When he shoots, his box "sees" exactly what he does. There is no latency to resolve for him, so his shots are more accurate. For everyone off host, they see something that may or may not be exactly as the host box sees it. They shoot and the info about those shots has to travel over the network to the host box to resolve. If the host box, because of lag, sees someone in a slightly different location than you do, your shots can miss.

The better the network code and the connection, the less this is a problem. I am saying that the netcode or perhaps the servers aren't great for this game, causing a steeper-than-I'd-like advantage for the host.

That is a MAJOR bummer about the radar. That was an awful decision by the design team. It would have taken less than half a day to implement that feature and it would given this game waaaaay better legs. Its still fun, but radar just begs for camping, especially in team games. :(

Superstar

Smash Champion
RDK said:
"Acceptable things"? LMAO, Supe you're a robot.
It's a very long list. That I haven't told anyone. My BDay is July 8, which is very close but I haven't dropped any hints to anyone. Other than a DSi or an IPod/Zune would be nice to have if I had a source of income, but I said that like a month ago.

So, I expect nothing or something off the list, likely clothes, but sometimes the clothes look very good [I'm more interested in shirts than pants].

So, the Conduit uses host boxes, no 3rd party servers? I can see why they'd do that though, it's not a PC game so the whole aspect of hosting your own servers is "less effective", and it's a Wii game so hosting your own server ISN'T effective [or popular]. Given Ninty supplies piss, the best they can do is a host box that acts as a server, but it invites way too much lag.

RDK

Smash Hero
You are not right. Have you ever played an FPS competitively before? The host box is the console that resolves all the shooting, damage, death etc. Each box cannot do that for themselves, otherwise there would potentially be irresolvable discrepencies. So one box needs to be "the boss" and make all the final decisions.

So, whichever person is on the host box has an inherent advantage. When he shoots, his box "sees" exactly what he does. There is no latency to resolve for him, so his shots are more accurate. For everyone off host, they see something that may or may not be exactly as the host box sees it. They shoot and the info about those shots has to travel over the network to the host box to resolve. If the host box, because of lag, sees someone in a slightly different location than you do, your shots can miss.

The better the network code and the connection, the less this is a problem. I am saying that the netcode or perhaps the servers aren't great for this game, causing a steeper-than-I'd-like advantage for the host.

That is a MAJOR bummer about the radar. That was an awful decision by the design team. It would have taken less than half a day to implement that feature and it would given this game waaaaay better legs. Its still fun, but radar just begs for camping, especially in team games. :(
Obviously the game is far from perfect, but it's good for a demonstration of what HVS is capable of, which is basically what the Conduit is. I'm assuming they'll fix all of the problems in the next installment.

It's a very long list. That I haven't told anyone. My BDay is July 8, which is very close but I haven't dropped any hints to anyone. Other than a DSi or an IPod/Zune would be nice to have if I had a source of income, but I said that like a month ago.

So, I expect nothing or something off the list, likely clothes, but sometimes the clothes look very good [I'm more interested in shirts than pants].

So, the Conduit uses host boxes, no 3rd party servers? I can see why they'd do that though, it's not a PC game so the whole aspect of hosting your own servers is "less effective", and it's a Wii game so hosting your own server ISN'T effective [or popular]. Given Ninty supplies piss, the best they can do is a host box that acts as a server, but it invites way too much lag.
From what I heard, HVS stated that they use Gamespy servers, so I'm not sure how accurate the idea that they use hosting boxes is.

M@v

Subarashii!

The best thing I can suggest about the radar is to make your hud transparency 100%

Also, Im getting online to play now. Im gonn add all the fcs on the main page. Heres mine:(I asked op to put it there soon in a pm)

0474-5619-0609

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I'm starting to love the SCAR... I kill in 3 hits almost every time, and if you move around while you are doing it, and let the other guy approach you, you usually don't get killed first. (That's what I did to you and the other guy, ComboKing) I've been getting some good practice with it in private battles, loads of fun. (ggs btw) I've added most everyone, add me.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I'm starting to love the SCAR... I kill in 3 hits almost every time, and if you move around while you are doing it, and let the other guy approach you, you usually don't get killed first. (That's what I did to you and the other guy, ComboKing) I've been getting some good practice with it in private battles, loads of fun. (ggs btw) I've added most everyone, add me.
I was the other guy ;) GGs

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
No hard feelings mate, I have no intention of offending or insulting you with this.

Done it plenty of times on street across the map.
A fully charged Strike Rifle is not a one hit kill "anywhere where you hit them." Now if you headshot, yes. But I myself have hit with it before and not killed. Right in the torso, takes out over half their health, but kills them? No. If you did indeed do it from "across the map" you wouldn't have locked on, since they would be out of range. With this in mind, there is no way you could know whether they have full health or not. Now I am willing to accept that the SR could potentially one hit kill in areas other than the head, I haven't tested the weapon thoroughly enough to determine this, but it is not "a one hit kill anywhere you hit them. "

[/topic]

Ah, victory, I didn't recognize the name since it is different from the smashboards username.

RDK

Smash Hero
Yep. Faithkeeper, and anyone else who's on, join my private room.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
GGs RDK and M@v. I guess we can't really play quick match or marathons when I am around because the winner gets decided by who can kill me the most XD.

RDK

Smash Hero
GG's, but holy **** Mav, you need to do something about your lag. Throughout those entire matches you were slingshotting all over the place lol.

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
The choice of characters and character customization for online multiplayer is trife. Theres only one alien and there 4 humans.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
That is unless you got the special edition stuff. In full reality, the Special edition special stuff is actually NOT programmed straight into the game. You need to punch in a code to unlock the stuff. I have the special edition, and can give you the code for suit model, but that's if I don't get any hate responses.

Oh, and by the way, I finally got down to writing my friend code.

Char92
Friend code: 2278-4469-1178

Please PM if you want to add me on your list of friends, so I don't have to strain over adding an entire list and have like half of them not want to.

Actually, don't PM me, I kinda get scarred by the PMs, since that's how you get messages of infractions (and since I'm a good little boy [despite being 17], I don't want to get and am scarred of getting infractions, even for slip ups). Just post if you want to add me to your list.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah kinda wish we could use the scarabs or the skimmers, without the flying of course.

BTW the promo drone code: Drone4SP

instead of michael ford you'll be using a drudge drone skin, everything ford says is translated in drudge language, only in game, the 'cutscene' dialogue stays the same.

Yeah was hoping for a new skin for multiplayer too, the suit promo kinda sucks also.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
So the drudge thing was only for SINGLE PLAYER! I THOUGHT IT WAS A NEW MODEL FOR MULTIPLAYER!

****!!!

Although it would be interesting to be a Drudge drone who was stopping the drudge invasion (although...)

Anyway, the ASE promo skin (single player only) is: NewASE11
The Suit model is: SuitMP13

Dy17

Smash Apprentice
They had all those cool looking drones in the special edition art book and they decided to put just one, that is also a rip-off of a Space Pirate from metroid PRIME.(thats for DARKSLASH)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Looking for a 2v2 right now. I've got my partner. Hit me up on AIM: j3stripes for a match

edit friend code: 5456-7242-3765

Engel

Smash Journeyman
ugh I joined a game tonight and it was on explosives.... as soon as I get in some loser named Tyler team kills me. He kept tking me so I tried rocketing him back and he wouldn't die even after direct hits.... laaaaaame. edit: apparently it's some kinda glitch >_>

And now I enter a new game to the wonderful brown screen of death >_<

fc: 3695-7804-4512

RDK

Smash Hero
Looking for a 2v2 right now. I've got my partner. Hit me up on AIM: j3stripes for a match

edit friend code: 5456-7242-3765
You still up for a match? You're not on AIM.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Dang I was just beastin in this random Team Reaper game, these 2 guys gang up on my in one of the buildings on Streets, and I had a SCAR, so I headshot one of them just as he's throwing a Flash Grenade at me, so then I start shooting in the direction that he was most likely in, and then I get lucky since he's an idiot and just stands in the same place so I shoot him too, and then get 2 more kills within like a minute, and I ended up only getting a 9-6 k/d ratio since I started off like 1-4 LOL.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
I am not sure if friends of friends can join a private match, but if anyone is interested I am setting up a match with VGchartz if anyone would like to join.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Alrighty Im getting on in like 5 mins, just have to add those fc's. RDK if you read this, get on aim and message me.

lonejedi77777

Top Bottom