• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Smoom77

Smash Master
I looked the Captain Falcon guide, but I couldn't find any frame data. I only need one thing. How many start-up frames does his airdodge have? I would really appreciate if you could VM me instead of posting here because I'm doing a mass search of airdodge data.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm going to make a new General Discussion Thread right now. I'll go ahead and post it with some basic guidelines, then alert the... ZSS boards?

Might as well start with her. Since I know how to use her as well. lol

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
WOOT WOOT
My buddy plays sonic, and on fd, after 100% I CANNOT GET ONTO THE STAGE. He keeps predicting me... Any tips?

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I suppose I should now say that Knee is spelling Chakra wrong.

n//n b

o **** ace good read *cums* 8=====D~~~

n//n

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I suppose I should now say that Knee is spelling Chakra wrong.

n//n b

o **** ace good read *cums* 8=====D~~~

n//n
U suck dood, its spelled the way the kyuubi says it. On purpose, as internet sarcasm/humor is hard to define I thought I'd help you guys bbq.

Also stop posting penizes and ******* on my board you make it all sticky and homo-sexualish.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
U suck dood, its spelled the way the kyuubi says it. On purpose, as internet sarcasm/humor is hard to define I thought I'd help you guys bbq.

Also stop posting penizes and ******* on my board you make it all sticky and homo-sexualish.
Ya but its still spelled wrong so

8=====D~~~~ n//n

Edit: When I use to watch naruto (3-4 years ago lol)
I thought naruto called it Chakka :/

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
WOOT WOOT
My buddy plays sonic, and on fd, after 100% I CANNOT GET ONTO THE STAGE. He keeps predicting me... Any tips?
Like you're edgehogging and whatever you do (attack, roll, drop jump, etc.) he predicts you ?
Have you tried drop jump to first hit Nair to shield/grab/jab/etc. ?
Have you tried using the wall jump to land a Bair ?
Have you tried to use falcon dive's hacked range to keep him away from the ledge ?
Or maybe simply do some planked Uairs if he's too close ?
And yeah, have you tried being less predictable :O ?

Zeallyx

I hate to be the bringer of terrible news, but..our leader, guide to salvation and the man who ***** quite some noobz in his swf carreer, known by the name Willz, is..

is..

is..

is..

is banned. :(

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
WILLZ?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE WILLZ COMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
MY LIEF IZ FLASHING BEFORE MY EYEZ

WHY WILLZ BANNED?!
SPAM IS THE PRIDE OF THE FALCON BOARDS!

and the willz combo of course

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Have you guys seen GSM's new crew video?! 5/5 WAREVOLUTION!+Faved

These dudes get down like no other. Their combos are amazing! Youtube it nao!

PJGLZ

Smash Journeyman
WHY IS ZEES UNSTICKIED?!

also

Sooviet Rrussia we lock you up in dungeon for seventy six year. Then we kill you.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Would also require a severe case of awesome to pull off. :p
I have a few questions, since I'm doing kinda good with Falcon right now but my mixups don't have much in them, so I'm worried people will realise what I'm doing. That being said, what are the best options off of jab other than more jabs and grabs? Also, at the moment I'm using Falcon Kick for medium range punishes, but I've been told that's not a very good way to do so. What should I be using instead?

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Aerials, aerial cross ups or shield

If you know they are going to attack you then shield>shield grab, also this allows you to punish them if they do one of their dodge actions, all you do is wait and punish accordingly.

If you know they won't attack and will shield then go for more shield pressure instead of grabbing as a mixup. Ex) SH FF one hit nair, SH weak hit knee, (these options also take care of spot dodges which counter grabs) Also cross ups work even better for shield pressure as you can't be shield grabbed. Ex) SH nair (both hits) while landing behind the opponent followed immediately by a buffered turnaround jab would be great shield pressure.

You can also use upB after jab, as it goes through shield. IMO just as good as grab b/c of more damage output and if you miss you can DI away from the opponent and not be punished, although that's very dependent on how fast the other guy is. Still go for grab b/c it's not as punishable as upB and while not as much damage can set up for some psuedo-combos.

Clarification on my question: Can AC dair combo into knee? I have a feeling it doesn't or the opponent can hit you out of it but I need to be sure.

Zeallyx

Dair can be autocancelled, you know.
Dair doesnt autocancel.
Autocanceling is what (for example) Falcons Nair does when landing inbetween the two kicks of falcons Nair (More specific: during the move/during the frames of the move) resulting in no lag.

Dair can be executed in a way one doesnt endure landing lag while SHing by executing the Dair right after the you start said SH, making the move end just before you land, resulting in you not enduring landing lag because the move already ended in the air so there is no reason to resceive the Dair's landing lag when executed in the way described in this part of this post.

2 Different things :bee:

Top Bottom