• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
......no

one char may have things that makes him bad agaisnt one top tier char but good agaisnt another
Yes.

Because comparing them will lead to seeing what that thing is, thus further understanding of why each individual matchup has the rating it was given.

And if this leads to mistakes, than one matchup ratio is incorrect, meaning comparing leads to further understanding in this situation, too.

Again, comparing matchups is the skeleton of the matchup chart.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yes.

Because comparing them will lead to seeing what that thing is, thus further understanding of why each individual matchup has the rating it was given.

And if this leads to mistakes, than one matchup ratio is incorrect, meaning comparing leads to further understanding in this situation, too.

Again, comparing matchups is the skeleton of the matchup chart.
I fail to see why that makes any comparison between the matchups invalid.
oh

i thought you meant like

the ratios should be according to tier position

my bad guize

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Snake's best neutral is matchup dependant. In most cases it's BF. But if you take a Marth/MK to BF over FD/SV, something is wrong with you.

Snake can destroy Falcon with literally ftilt and utilt only. Knee isn't joking. None of your OoS options are good enough to save you due to bad fair/dair, and nair/uair lacking the range needed to actually punish a properly spaced Snake anything... Your hope is that Snake doesn't with just two tilts.

You can sneak in on him in a few openings if he tries to grenade camp. That's about it.

When you are in on him, if you try to juggle him the Snake should just bair/uair or pull a grenade. So.. you got one aerial in, and now you have to wait for Snake to make a mistake again.....

Player-3

Smash Hero
lol wut

no you dont
bait a tilt and punish

bait a something and punish

DO NOT ROLL

use uthrow alot

doesnt activate nades, easy to land the grab

etc

get him offstage, knee him

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I pretty much started this argument saying Falcon is decent against Snake on Battlefield.

People have different play styles and perspectives. If you guys who disagree don't know how to punish properly and use platforms to your advantage, than so be it. Some people just see things differently. It really all depends on a players ability to use a certain character's physics on platforms or not.

Captain Falcon is a character who's airgame is a LARGE part of his overall metagame. The ability to utilize fastfalling with lagless attacks makes it easy for him to tech chase people on a stage with so many platforms.

No, I'm not saying that this puts the match in Captain Falcon's favor, however, I am implying that it's one of his better stages since he can bait Snake into multiple combos and setups by using the platforms to his advantage.

-Dropzone knees off the platforms.
-SH Fastfall Uair or Knee setups on the platforms.
-Aerial mobility + Platforms increase the range for Cypher punishing.

Not only those, but if you know how to fastfall and follow up properly, it's not hard to keep offensive against Snake while staying below him so you won't get tilted.

The only real thing to watch out for is uptilting through platforms and grenades. Which, since the stage is small and covered in platforms, the only time that the grenades will prove too effective is when Falcon hits Snake while hes pulling it out, or Snake just happens to be holding it while approaching.

I don't know about anyone else, but the match-up just seems fairly easier to me when I'm on Battlefield with Falcon. :ohwell:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Snake's best neutral is matchup dependant. In most cases it's BF. But if you take a Marth/MK to BF over FD/SV, something is wrong with you.

Snake can destroy Falcon with literally ftilt and utilt only. Knee isn't joking. None of your OoS options are good enough to save you due to bad fair/dair, and nair/uair lacking the range needed to actually punish a properly spaced Snake anything... Your hope is that Snake doesn't with just two tilts.

You can sneak in on him in a few openings if he tries to grenade camp. That's about it.

When you are in on him, if you try to juggle him the Snake should just bair/uair or pull a grenade. So.. you got one aerial in, and now you have to wait for Snake to make a mistake again.....

Wi-fi or not I fair well against Snakes with Falcon, though the matchup is insanely hard.

I fought Suasa on AiB and got destroyed on SV, from rolls and such, and so I had to change up when I CP'd him.

I took his Snake to Lylat, where I felt way more comfortable, and was doing much better due to the low platforms catching him, and forcing a tech, and whether he did or not would still get him caught be another attack due to the small horizontal length of the platform. I won that round, by the smallest margin in the world, and because I recovered from hitstun off his grenade or C4 or whatever it was faster than he did, finishing him with a Uair.

Next round on his CP(I forget), I got *****(no caps needed), end of story. [/Suasa + Snake = Too Good]

Zeallyx

Thanks, I completely forgot about the grenade pull shenanigans.
Snake ***** falcon. Due to so many reasons it just isnt funny.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I know, and can you play some Wi-fi P-3?
no his wiis broken and cant play wii discs only gc discs for some reason, plus im not even at his house, he was o ver here last weekend and signed on to like all of my internet accessing devices

Thanks, I completely forgot about the grenade pull shenanigans.
Snake ***** falcon. Due to so many reasons it just isnt funny.
susa i need to play you
but wifi will have to do when i can

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
no his wiis broken and cant play wii discs only gc discs for some reason, plus im not even at his house, he was o ver here last weekend and signed on to like all of my internet accessing devices

susa i need to play you
but wifi will have to do when i can
BEWARE: He *****! Taking one round from him on Wi-fi isn't bad, so yeah. I always approach with grabs on Snake, due to the grenade pull techs.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
>_>

How can you underate your own main in a matchup thats clearly closer than you may think.

Again, I'll show you as to why its closer than whatever ratio you think it is.

As for wario 65-35 is exactly what it is.

PS: Is there a Falcon tourney placing thread? there should be one if not.

Player-3

Smash Hero
there is but its buryed somewhere ill go bump it, since like me and lionman were the only ones posting in it
<_<

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Like you obliterated the Snakes and MKs in that tournament on AIB a few months back?
Too good. Ultimate Razor got me kicked out of it though. :C

Most people think Falcon in tournament placing is just 'lulzy'.
He needs more tournament representation. :/

EDIT: Fight the Power, Player-3.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Like you obliterated the Snakes and MKs in that tournament on AIB a few months back?
Too good. Ultimate Razor got me kicked out of it though. :C

Most people think Falcon in tournament placing is just 'lulzy'.
He needs more tournament representation. :/

EDIT: Fight the Power, Player-3.
o_O wich tourney? remind me about it

and :( Falcon is a character like anyother except more sucky
we need a tourney placing thread! Or use the already dead one and let p3 bump it

Player-3

Smash Hero
there IS one

for some reason its not letting me search

try to search captain falcon tournament results and see if it lets you search nothings happening when i do it \:

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
AceDude: The SBR Tournament.
You got first in it, I got knocked out by DULLRazor.

Or were you using someone else other than Falcon?
I know there was a lot of MKs in that tournament though.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
AceDude: The SBR Tournament.
You got first in it, I got knocked out by DULLRazor.

Or were you using someone else other than Falcon?
I know there was a lot of MKs in that tournament though.
OOHHHH that

I went all falcon really.

when I came up to dull I used falco round one (at this time I thought I couldnt do anything at all to his rob as falcon, and I side mained falco at the time)

Got ***** badly. Went falcon and did lots better and ended up winning. Proud moment ;-;

oh and Ignore me beating hot arms rooooffll he sandbagged as snake and only used tilts. then falcon dittod

Zeallyx

>_>

How can you underate your own main in a matchup thats clearly closer than you may think.

As for wario 65-35 is exactly what it is.

I don't underate my main. I know the matchup, and I would let words like 'clearly' out of this discussion if i were you. You overrate your main. Which is one of the worst things you can do.
As people who overrate their main are the people who should stay out of match up discussions. But don't.

Also, so I was right about wario. What a surprise.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I don't underate my main. I know the matchup, and I would let words like 'clearly' out of this discussion if i were you. You overrate your main. Which is one of the worst things you can do.
As people who overrate their main are the people who should stay out of match up discussions. But don't.

Also, so I was right about wario. What a surprise.
I don't overrate him. I wouldn't be seconding top tiers if I did.

I'll use clearly, because it really IS clearly closer a matchup then you think.

What matchup ratio do you give it, btw?

Player-3

Smash Hero
we do need a new tourny thread since the old one is run by noodle unless i can get VIRGILIJUS to transfer thread control to me

Acedude55

Smash Ace
ehhh fack it
let's just organize a new one. Who wants to be OP so they can update and type alot? It's fun! ^_^
>_> I could do it if my pair comes back out

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
when I came up to dull I used falco round one (at this time I thought I couldnt do anything at all to his rob as falcon, and I side mained falco at the time)

Got ***** badly. Went falcon and did lots better and ended up winning. Proud moment ;-;
You know, it's sad. I did the same thing against him, but I went with my ZSS instead of Falcon.
I didn't abuse the Downsmash Infinite on his ROB though, so I lost.
Then I went Falcon and got the score 1-1, and lost the final round.

Should have went all Falcon. :x

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Guys, Ganon beats Falcon, 'cause Falcon has got one of these:

- While Ganon's is made of Metal ;)

Player-3

Smash Hero
Guys, Ganon beats Falcon, 'cause Falcon has got one of these:

- While Ganon's is made of Metal ;)
well sir i would like to point out to you

that is just a PICTURE of captain falcons genetalia, he actually does not wear anything

Zeallyx

I don't overrate him. I wouldn't be seconding top tiers if I did.

I'll use clearly, because it really IS clearly closer a matchup then you think.

What matchup ratio do you give it, btw?
No. the opposite of what you think is clearly true.
And even Mid/low high tier character mainers need to second a top high/top tier character in brawl, so that doesnt prove anything.

falcon vs snake: 30-70, snake's advantage.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Why isn't this in the Falcon Matchup Thread? I've never seen a discussion so serious, and off topic at the same time... lol.

Top Bottom