• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I would help you, but i'm not constantly at a computer, which is easier to edit stuff, and plus i don't have photoshop. I use my Wii's Internet Browser to post most of the time.

Koorikou

Smash Apprentice
mmm noob question but... how can i auto-cancel a dair? i cant seem to do it right and always get punished after landing a dair >_>

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
mmm noob question but... how can i auto-cancel a dair? i cant seem to do it right and always get punished after landing a dair >_>
hold down and slide your finger from jump to attack in one fluid motion. Eventually you should get quick enough that you don't have to hold down and can just tap it with correct timing, but holding it is the right way to start. Alternatively, you can hit jump and down cstick as quick as you can, but thats dumb so don't :)

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Dear Falcon Boards.

Falcon < Snake. Shut the **** up.

my milkshake brings all da boiz 2 de yawd
Stop stating the obvious....

Of course Falcon < snake. JUST It's closer a matchup then you may think. Thats what I've been saying.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon < Snake is a given. No one said that he didn't.
But Ace is right, that match-up is underestimated.
It's not really as difficult as people stress it out to be.

Snake holds an advantage because he can force Falcon to approach with Grenade camping, and his tilts do get through most of, if not everything Falcon has. But that same applies for any character going against Snake without a projectile, it's not impossible to get around.

Things can be punished, and moves can be shown- - and personally, I don't find Snake even remotely difficult as this board stresses it out to be.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Okay, serious question now guys...

How many nipples does it take to screw in a light bulb?

and [...]

When Captain Falcon swims, does he nipple stroke?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm going to be making it.

Are any of you helping me do it? :/
We need a basis for each character, and who we're starting with.

Then I'll make it.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Alright. As long as I have two or three people willing to help on the Falcon side, then we can just get members from the other character boards to visit and give their feedback on the match-ups.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm going to be making it.

Are any of you helping me do it? :/
We need a basis for each character, and who we're starting with.

Then I'll make it.
What do you mean basis?

Just make the thread and reserve two more posts for yourself, and place the characters' emoticons vertically or use pictures, and we'll go around the list randomly.

How's that sound?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
What do you mean basis?

Just make the thread and reserve two more posts for yourself, and place the characters' emoticons vertically or use pictures, and we'll go around the list randomly.

How's that sound?
By basis of each character, I was talking about the basic discussion for them.

I might make a chart, first of all. Have a thread that's the directory for each match-up.
Individual links to each character thread.

Whatever way seems neater and people can agree on, then I'll do.
For now, I'll just go ahead and start on the chart and make the thread very soon.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Yes, we need a match up chart with the match up ratio numbers for simplicity, and then links for each character disscussion
Should we just discuss all the match ups in one thread or make seperate threads for each characters (just what the falco boards did)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
My thread was going to be a directory with the chart and ratios, providing the main details for each match-up with links to each individual thread (in case people wanted to read up on the entire match-up discussion).

Koorikou

Smash Apprentice
My thread was going to be a directory with the chart and ratios, providing the main details for each match-up with links to each individual thread (in case people wanted to read up on the entire match-up discussion).
this sounds pretty good having the match-ups simplified in a single thread and the links to each discussion for a more in-depth analisis >_<

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Zero Suit Samus?

Well, we're going to have to do all of the match-ups anyway.
Since I main/second her next to Falcon, I have no problem with that.

Anyone else propose another match-up to start with?
Once we decide, I'll make a new "General Discussion" thread for the Match-ups.
Hopefully, it will be the FINAL one we need.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yes, the Index I made will provide 'Character Specific' discussion threads.
But we need a General Match-Up thread first. One where we can direct the members of other character boards to whenever we're discussing match-ups.

Once a character's basic discussion is finished with other character board members, I'll add a link on the General Discussion's thread to whichever character we discusses thread. From there, we can continue the evaluation and fill in the Index Chart for Character Specific Match-Ups.

Sounds a bit more organized, since the other character board members might not know their way around here. (Man, even I have trouble finding my way around here sometimes.)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Maybe I misunderstood you but isn't that something that could be done in the index ?

Something like :
-OP stays as it is
-Second post tells what we're discussing now (with link to the character topic) and contains the history so that everyone can know when the matchups were last debated
-following posts used for summaries.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
The Match-Up Index should stay as it is, really.
It's going to be updated with links to each character discussion once it's underway.
I provided a link to the General Character Discussion Thread in the Index OP.

The General Character Discussion Thread (when we make the new one) will have a minor discussion about each character, the basic details that will determine the match-up's ratio and the overall metagame compared to Falcons. That will be added into the original post of the General Discussion Thread.

When we decide we want to discuss a character's moveset and other properties, then we'll start up a Character Specific Thread for whatever character, and discuss their attacks {Benefits/Weaknesses} and details of the match-up in depth against Captain Falcon.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Falcon chain grab
0% - ???
D-throw, wait for reaction
If they airdodge then d-throw them again
If they jump or use a random move then follow with an U-air

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon has a Pseudo-Chaingrab with his Forward Throw at 0%, but it's possible to escape it. Larger characters and fastfallers have more difficulty avoiding it though, so it's always worth trying if you think you can catch your opponent off guard.

Top Bottom