• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If we're splitting hairs, then Falcon and Ganon are the same character.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Dair doesnt autocancel.
Autocanceling is what (for example) Falcons Nair does when landing inbetween the two kicks of falcons Nair (More specific: during the move/during the frames of the move) resulting in no lag.

Dair can be executed in a way one doesnt endure landing lag while SHing by executing the Dair right after the you start said SH, making the move end just before you land, resulting in you not enduring landing lag because the move already ended in the air so there is no reason to resceive the Dair's landing lag when executed in the way described in this part of this post.

2 Different things :bee:
This basically says that you have to be able to DJ after the aerial move for it to be autocancelable. Idk, cause I always thought autocanceling was executing an aerial move early after a SH so you don't get any landing lag.:026:

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This basically says that you have to be able to DJ after the aerial move for it to be autocancelable. Idk, cause I always thought autocanceling was executing an aerial move early after a SH so you don't get any landing lag.:026:
No it doesnt.
It clearly states it is all executing during a, and only a, at that, SH.

And you were wrong about thinking that the definition you thought was the right one, is the correct one.

And@Mad:

Nah they aren't.

Different effect of moves+difference in overall mobility = clear differnce.

Not much of a difference, I'll give you that, but still, a clear difference.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Autocancelling is the universal name for cancelling landing lag, or at least that's how it's used on the site.

My fault then, thanks for clearing that up.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Autocancelling is the universal name for cancelling landing lag, or at least that's how it's used on the site.

My fault then, thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah, some phrases are thrown around while some may not know the exact definition of /about one of said phraise(s).

But the exact definition is what I posted in the post where I explained the exact definition. (yeah, I'm too lazy to copy->paste. :ohwell: )

No biggie, duwde.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i'm having trouble doing the jab>jab> grab setup. after I do two jabs, i usually miss the grab. do you guy walking grab or a dash grab?

Only on occasions do I manage to pull this off. Anyway, after i pull off a grab, i try to dthrow into a knee, but opponent seems to get out of the hitstun before i reach them. At about what %age will the hitstun last long enough for me to follow up with a knee?

Psychoace

Smash Champion
i'm having trouble doing the jab>jab> grab setup. after I do two jabs, i usually miss the grab. do you guy walking grab or a dash grab?

Only on occasions do I manage to pull this off. Anyway, after i pull off a grab, i try to dthrow into a knee, but opponent seems to get out of the hitstun before i reach them. At about what %age will the hitstun last long enough for me to follow up with a knee?
Dthrow to knee doesn't work anymore, at any percent I think..

As for your jab grab setup issue. Your probably spacing your jab to far back to be able to grab. His jab range is farther than his grab range. You have to be in closer for jab>jab>grab.

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
I feel like im the only one still trying to master the kyuubi combo. I can bring many of Falcon's moves into the falcon kick, i just can't ledge cancel kick. Am i missing any specific button presses. He always stops at the ledge and I get the ending animation. Plz Help.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I guess you're the only one because the falcon kick has a stupid property that makes its speed decrease when you hit something.

That makes the fact that if you want to LC a falcon kick, you must start said kick at different places depending how far the opponent is from the ledge.
That means the closer the opponent is from the ledge, the farther you have to start the kick from.
It's so annoying nobody really tries to perfect it.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Guys

I think Ive stumbled upon something that I just cant explain

I was messing around in training mode, and when I was recovering, I was already pushing up FDs ledge in the middle of falcon dive - but then... I was put back into neutral air falling animation as if Up-B was canceled.

Meaning someway we can avoid edgehogs better. It's like a double recovery

I've done it a bit now & will try to get a video up.
Even though I've done it some, I still have no idea how its properly done.
Will look into it more tommorrow

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Yes, it's similar except this one seems harder to pull off.
>.> Jiggly boards can have their aerial filth & fun
So far I can only say that in order to make it work you have to:
Push up on FD's ledge (the gay recovery killer part) with Up-b
and then during the ending animation slide towards the actual ledge
and uhhh what can I say it gets renewed just like Jigglys. It gives him his jump back too

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
IMO, the usefulness of this technique depends on if it still works when the opponent is edgehogging.
If so then it may become one ****ing useful tool to avoid gimping. Else it'll still be a good "wtf" move to use every now and then when you want to stall :D

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I've done this on accident a bunch of times XD

How exactly do you do it though? This has good potential if it can be mastered.
I'm still looking into how it's properly done.
Right now it's looking like
Slide up to ledge mid front flip -> cancel

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I remember seeing a video on Samus cancelling her up-b on the lips of FD as well. This can really help you guys out with edgeguarding. I've done it a few times with CF but it'd be really amazing if you could figure out how the actual process works. Then, you can exploit it AND since you have your second jump...

Dive cancel pro? This could also mean you guys have a legit under-edge edgeguarding tool with that infinite jump (?). Hype. loljk

Also, hai Acedude =D

Acedude55

Smash Ace
LIMIIIIIIIIIT

o: hi

and yeah, I mean it's only a start right? When this gets summed up new options will be everywhere (or so I think >.>)

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm too lazy to look at the video, but that sounds old. IIRC you basically land instantaneously, which allows you to jump and do stuff again. If you can find any sort of consistent way to pull it off, let us know.

And why was this thread unstickied?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I'm too lazy to look at the video, but that sounds old. IIRC you basically land instantaneously, which allows you to jump and do stuff again. If you can find any sort of consistent way to pull it off, let us know.

And why was this thread unstickied?
:mad: became falcon dictator and decided in a grand decree to unsticky this as it was an unnecessary sticky
*insert sacrasm here*
wit <3

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
^This and a lot of spam too.
This thread had became social #2.
Thanks Falcon everything's better now.

Also I really want to know if it works with someone edgehogging. I'll try to do some testing.

Player-3

Smash Hero
all you *****es missed it

me red-blue willz and guest star P-1 (because i was using his wii and we needed a 4th) player all items on high, banned stages only, free for alls

yeyeayeyeyeyey 2 gud

i got double starlyed, to oli final smash grounded, to vertical bomb omb, to horizontal olimar final smash 0-death

2 epic

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Is captain falcon's explosive nipples move(up B), the breast move in his arsenal?

Sorry I like bad puns.
His best move is probably his jab or his uair. I like his up-B though. Uncounterable kill move (and by uncounterable I mean it can't be countered with a counter move, not the opponent can't do anything about it)

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
all you *****es missed it

me red-blue willz and guest star P-1 (because i was using his wii and we needed a 4th) player all items on high, banned stages only, free for alls

yeyeayeyeyeyey 2 gud

i got double starlyed, to oli final smash grounded, to vertical bomb omb, to horizontal olimar final smash 0-death

2 epic
vids or it didn't happen

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Is there a thread that shows all the silly Falcon ATs he has in the game? Even the ones that are deemed useless? I remember seeing a video of Ninja Link using some weird Raptor Boost to slide UP the Smashville edge into a ledge-grab. Although, I do know how to do this and it only works on certain stages....but things that are cute and useless like these that NOBODY talks about....? My Falcon needs moar Flash. If I can't beat them in 1vs1....I'll at least look sexy doing it....THAT'S THE FALCON WAY AFTER ALL.

Do you know if anyones made a thread with all his AT tricksies (albeit probably useless)?

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Is there a thread that shows all the silly Falcon ATs he has in the game? Even the ones that are deemed useless? I remember seeing a video of Ninja Link using some weird Raptor Boost to slide UP the Smashville edge into a ledge-grab. Although, I do know how to do this and it only works on certain stages....but things that are cute and useless like these that NOBODY talks about....? My Falcon needs moar Flash. If I can't beat them in 1vs1....I'll at least look sexy doing it....THAT'S THE FALCON WAY AFTER ALL.

Do you know if anyones made a thread with all his AT tricksies (albeit probably useless)?
ToKneeOrNotToKnee made a bunch of those ATs but they were swallowed up by spam >.<

Punisher93

Smash Cadet
Will the damage and knockback off an sweetspotted fair reduced if i hit the enemy just a moment before with a flubbed knee?
Sry for bad englisch XD

noradseven

Smash Lord
Gosh I am dissapointed in you guys, you should of replyed with your favorite move and a bad pun.

Also in all seriousness u-air is his best move by far.

Also Im just going to say alot of people who play falcon complain that they can't beat anyone in 1v1, except in a few matches, I can still win about 30-50% of the time like 7-3 means you win 30% of the time man, so stop whining, especially cause ZSS is only like 6-4 against you its not like your fighting ****ing luigi, why does his n-air trade/beat everything falcon has except falcon punch, and u-tilt.

Just saying falcon is kinda legit, you just have straight bad matchups and a few near winnable hell your not ganon lol so stop acting like it.

Will the damage and knockback off an sweetspotted fair reduced if i hit the enemy just a moment before with a flubbed knee?
Sry for bad englisch XD
Someone answer this question I would like to know as well. I think it does but im not sure.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
need help...i went to a friend and he owned me with his ******* link.I need some advice to beat him :x
Falcon has a CG on Link that goes up to 15%. If you are able to get offstage, gimp Link as Link's recover sucks bad. Link's bombs and arrows are easily dodge and watch out for boomerang mindgames. Also watch out for Link's DACUS/boostsmash (a sliding Usmash)
Link is a pretty easy matchup against Falcon. Bait and punish works really well :)

@Punisher: I don't think so since they are two different hit boxes. :smash:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Flubbed and sweet knee are the same input, so yes a flubbed knee stales the sweet knee.

Use knees wisely.

And Link is annoying as **** with all his bombs and arrows and swords but his moves are slow as hell, so pressure him with some jabs and stuff, then put him offstage then do a flubbed knee and watch him fall to his death. The only thing you have to watch out for is the range of his swprd and Zair.

Top Bottom