• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

noradseven

Smash Lord
Why does the falcon social keep getting closed :(, its called social cause its supposed to be the whatever discussion topic.

Also why is ToKneeOrNotToKnee such a ***?

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Gosh I am dissapointed in you guys, you should of replyed with your favorite move and a bad pun.

Also in all seriousness u-air is his best move by far.

Also Im just going to say alot of people who play falcon complain that they can't beat anyone in 1v1, except in a few matches, I can still win about 30-50% of the time like 7-3 means you win 30% of the time man, so stop whining, especially cause ZSS is only like 6-4 against you its not like your fighting ****ing luigi, why does his n-air trade/beat everything falcon has except falcon punch, and u-tilt.

Just saying falcon is kinda legit, you just have straight bad matchups and a few near winnable hell your not ganon lol so stop acting like it.
where is this coming from

Player-3

Smash Hero
and yes
luigi is a ****ing horrible matchup i will never play falcon agaisnt him ever ever never ever

sry ace didnt have time sunday to play >: maybe this wednesday or this weekend?and i pulled off a kneegalize on a super scrub

it was pro even though it was brawl

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Okay, I'm fighting my brother's Ness, offline, and I pull off a grab release to KoJ... multiple times. I asked my brother could he escape it, and he said he couldn't. I tried performing it again, against a friend of mine, but online this time, and he still couldn't escape it.

My question is, is it a true grab release combo on Ness?

Grab Release - Buffered Dash/Jump - Knee of Justice

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
i posted that a while ago sacred

its a true combo
Ah, okay. It's satisfying to know, either way. I must've missed when you did post it. Do you know who all you can Grab Release to KoJ? I think I'm going to compile a new list of grab release methods, using everything, including SV's moving platform, which changes things a lot.

Anyone wanna help me compile the new list? Us Falcons need to get some work done, and make Falcon somewhat easier to play, by knowing what he can and cannot do against his opponents.

Landing a few KoJs and Punches apparently doesn't make you pro anymore, since the metagame is above you being epic, and still losing, lol.

Seriously though, anyone wanna help me?

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Falcons grab release game is the BEST in the game, honestly. I always knew it was great but a friend made me realise it was alot better.

and uhhh I'll help ya out

Player-3

Smash Hero
marths would be right behind falcons then b/c of dash speed + stupid range

falcons got him on the speed part tho

gg cp, plus taller

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Falcons grab release game is the BEST in the game, honestly. I always knew it was great but a friend made me realise it was alot better.

and uhhh I'll help ya out
I wanna help too.
All right. Here's the deal. We each just choose a character we want to test the grab release possibilities on, and simply post it in a new Grab Release thread that I would like for Knee to head, since he's good at keepin' stuff organised. Anyone can jump, just let someone know who you're doing so we're not doing the same character.

I suggest starting with characters that have not been listed on the old Grab Release thread, so we can at least complete that, and update it with anything else we find.

Sounds good? Feel free to place ideas.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Hum what's the safest way to test grab releases ? I'd go to training mode to be able to look at the combo counter but I'm afraid it might be a bad idea because of the lack of move decay.

I guess that's the first thing to do before starting to collect data : agree on the method to collect data, so that we don't end finding different things with the same character.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I tried the grab release on CPU ness and I get the Knee of Justice 75% of the time. Still have to try it online/offline. Sounds and seems Legit though.
Thanks to who ever found this ^.^

btw, do you think this will significantly change the Match up ratio between :falcon: and :ness2: ?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
btw, do you think this will significantly change the Match up ratio between :falcon: and :ness2: ?
Yes it will. Knockback on the KoJ is drastic and if we grab Ness from 70% he'll get KO'd most of the time, unless he's not near the edge or center stage or has good DI.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Jump release to run off knee is inescapable on MK if you do it from the good distance.

I think I'm gonna do all my grab release tests in training mode.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I tried the grab release on CPU ness and I get the Knee of Justice 75% of the time. Still have to try it online/offline. Sounds and seems Legit though.
Thanks to who ever found this ^.^

Well, grab release into knee on Ness has been known for...quite the while now. Has it not been said around here?

Jump release to run off knee is inescapable on MK if you do it from the good distance.
I'm pretty sure this isn't inescapable, as I've tried this before. Considering MK's release animation ends before he passes down the stage. Unless you can prove me wrong or something lol.

Also don't Knee him at 70% that's a tad too low unless you're at the edge. Just grab release into U-air and play the matchup normally until at a decent percent of 90-and up. Since you'd want that guaranteed kill and all. Falcons grab game is **** good

Acedude55

Smash Ace
see. >.> it's been known for a long time now

Also I forgot to mention I had a tourney last weekend. =o

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I'm pretty sure this isn't inescapable, as I've tried this before. Considering MK's release animation ends before he passes down the stage. Unless you can prove me wrong or something lol.
Well I only tested with the MK trying to shuttle loop, but I see Nair and Fair are faster. I'll have some tests against those two.
But the knee's sweet hitbox is big enough to hit MK, you just have to know the exact distance.

Also I'm currently doing some tests to see how far/high the different characters air release.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Champ
Ally
Rebaz

are top 3

rebax doesnt play, champ do esnt play falcon, ally rarely plays falcon

so atm top 3 i can pull off my head are:

Ally when he plays
Reflex
Me/Acedude
acedude may be better but we seem to place around the same at each tourny we go to :v

Roager

Smash Ace
PSSH. Everyone knows I'm a top Falcon.

Ok, no, I'm just being a ****. Serious question time!

I've been playing me some Brawl+, and Dash attack to Utilt is usually a pretty decent followup.

Since I havent had the chance to try it out yet, how well does that hold up in vBrawl?

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I love delaying
or like uair followed by uair, they usually can't dodge the second uair.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
PSSH. Everyone knows I'm a top Falcon.

Ok, no, I'm just being a ****. Serious question time!

I've been playing me some Brawl+, and Dash attack to Utilt is usually a pretty decent followup.

Since I havent had the chance to try it out yet, how well does that hold up in vBrawl?
Dash Attack to UpB is much better, especially since we don't use UpB to kill to often, as it does rack up good damage.

Someone tell me if my idea about the infinite on Wario is correct or not. I've tested it, and found no flaw, but I need some backup. Check the metagame in detail thread.

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey guys. I'm working on this project Brawl-, where pretty much the idea is "Break it until it's balanced"; it's pretty stupid and everyone is meant to be ridiculously overpowered. I've worked out most of CF's moveset but I honestly don't know what to do with fsmash. Just buffing the power seems like a weak way out, and I can't think of anything good to do with it.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hey guys. I'm working on this project Brawl-, where pretty much the idea is "Break it until it's balanced"; it's pretty stupid and everyone is meant to be ridiculously overpowered. I've worked out most of CF's moveset but I honestly don't know what to do with fsmash. Just buffing the power seems like a weak way out, and I can't think of anything good to do with it.
Make it not suck.

Less start-up lag, less cool-down lag. More KO power.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
but sacred

what if they airdodge
P3, I've tested this against one of the best Wario's in Indiana/one of the best Wario's on AiB.

His name is Krystedez, and he's really good. I played him offline this passed Sunday, in a best of 3, losing the first two matches.

Even he couldn't get out of the Grab Release to Buffered DJ to Footstool, and when I didn't land the Nair, it created a tech chase situation that allowed me to grab him and try again, or follow up with something different.

The matchup wasn't that hard since we have a guaranteed knee out of Grab Release on Wario as well. So once they're at 80% or more, be an aggressor on grabbing and release to a knee.

Top Bottom