• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
i wasnt talking about that
xD

dash-dive

kystedez is good
Oh. There are cases, where some can escape it with Air Dodging or some form of attack, but Falcon's weird super armor frames, when he clings to someone can make it inescapable. Even if they do Air Dodge it, you'll be safe from punish, as most Air Dodges take a while to recover from, and Falcon has great movement after his UpB.

Who all have you fought that has managed to air dodge it?

Player-3

Smash Hero
almost everyone

i use it as a surprise but not much at all maybe once a match if that, people like to airdodge

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Well, there's two different knockbacks to Dash Attack, and I'm sure you're smart enough to use it on the one that pops them up, insead of further away. Air Dodging is a fool's way out, and if they air dodge after your Dash Attack, then they should eat a knee. I honestly, have yet to see someone air dodge their way out of the Dash-Dive when I'm fighting.

xYoh

Smash Cadet
I find it really hard to do, the timing is really strict. But, its worth the kill.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
I made a few stupid posts. I don't know what else has been happening. Congrats on your 1000'th post.
I finally beat my sister's boyfriend with Captain Falcon...that was a few days ago.

Logic? ROFL

Smash Rookie
You know that place... the place over there.
Possible combo/ possibly already found:

d-air and go through the opponent and grab them then do any throw combo and such...

or d-air turn around quickly and grab them.

Has to be at a low percent obviously.

Is this inescapable? I was testing it and it seems like it.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
bump

Did any of you know

Falcon has more grab release fun on MK besides the usual, up-smash, regrab, u-air, and dash attack?

Has to be on SV's moving platform, while its moving obviously.

He can Knee, d-smash, u-tilt, regrab, up-b etc

its like wario O:

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just went to LasT. Though I knew I wasn't getting out of pools and I was training my pikachu when the wierdest thing happen. My Falcon did better than my pikachu. Also I bought a Chuck Norris fact book and My Schools book fair. It is Awesome. Should I start doing my minor spam again.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
There's no secret : train more until you get the timing down.

Start with right-left and left-right, then try right-left-right, then left-right-left-right etc. until you can do it as much as you like.

Btw welcome on the Falcon boards, where frustration (along with awesome manliness) is a key word.

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
Dashdancing, just alternating left right so start a dash animation then stop then go to the opposite way.
I just started using this and I did better than expected. But I still can't do it like 20 times in row, I somehow shorthop out of it.
If you're in the Baton Rouge area, come to the Chinese Inn Monthly. Brawl

Kishin

Smash Ace
I have just come to notice that the slide lag animation thing after falcon dashes can be canceled into a grab and therefore increase his grab range. I do say that this may come in handy at times. Which character(s) can actually benefit from this? I know Ike keeps quite some momentum after he dashes but then he keeps the momentum by shielding so that's a better option in itself since it doesn't even increase the range but when Falcon shield dashes, his momentum slows down by a large amount.

Also, people usually see that slide as a sign to punish so yeah, mind games?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
When is Knee coming back to make this place a better place? I miss his amazingly creative combos, albeit them being two-hitters. They're hard as hell to pull off, but still amazing.

I think we should all give Knee a call and tell him how much we miss him. I for one do. Until he come back, I'm typing my posts in red, in his honor.

For the KNEE!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Ftilt has a name now: the bouncer kick.

Should I use it more often just because it has a name now?

Also, a serious question: what are the stages that SHOULDN'T be picked by a :falcon: ? Depends on the match-up, I know, but what are the generally BAD stages for a captain falcon?

lordhelmet

Smash Master

Also, a serious question: what are the stages that SHOULDN'T be picked by a :falcon: ? Depends on the match-up, I know, but what are the generally BAD stages for a captain falcon?
Ftilt is underrated, it really is a good move

†Slader7†

Smash Ace

lol I thought ftilt was chuck norris's round house kick :laugh:

in your serious question: I woulds say Final Destination would be Falcon's worst stage
no uair-happy platforms = sad :falcon:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Final Destination versus Bowser = Happy :falcon:

At least in my book, lol. But I think there are some stages that REALLY can't be picked by a :falcon: . For example, Metaknight's stage?

And what do you mean, it's Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick!? It's obviously a bouncer kick!

Yes, it's a snapshot I took myself, cut me some slack ._. it's not pub, I'm using it to prove a point

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Ok Captains! How well does the cap fair on battlefield? good - neutral - bad? I think he would do well but I want a better opinion.
well, read the above posts first

against a spammy character(:falco::metaknight:) its horrible
against a top character (:marth::rob:) its difficult but win-able
against a non-projectile character (:dk2::ike:) its fair
against a ganondorf (:ganondorf:) its pretty good
:bee:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
If you're up against a good Captain Falcon, and if you main DK, just be careful when you pick Battlefield. Up-smash, easy-knee, etc

Helioz

Smash Rookie
You gotta love the way Rebaz uses his Captain Falcon.
When I saw his combo video for the first time, I was amazed and thought to myself that I might have a chance to be good with him! :D
He was such an Epic guy with an Epic character.
To bad he quit Brawl :(
Now he's going for Melee at the moment :o
Well.
I can't believe they nerfed Falcon so bad.
But still, if you learn to play quick with him, then you have a bigger chance to win.
I've seen Rebaz's matches, and I can say that he's up for mindgames 24/7.
It takes time to be good with Falcon.
Less rushing and more mindgames though :D

PS: I main Falcon too.
Finally got my Wii for christmas ^^
(I feel so ******** to get a Wii so late) xD
But I'm glad I finally have one though!

Top Bottom