• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
You have to be at a very specific distance from the ledge.
And this distance changes if you hit someone with the kick.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon Kick has to end directly over the ledge so he slides off it. It's difficult to use in a real match, but at least you can cancel it into a knee, stage spike or anything else, just to look pro. LoL.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Of course it's a fake, the title says TAS.
TAS means tool assisted speedrun.

@XkaruX : good **** man. I liked your first team video, but this one having both FF on and double Falcon makes it even more perfect. So much ****.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Even if it's a fake... hoooly cow, that was so awesome. So **** good. So... MANLY!

That Falcon PAWNCH at the end ;_;

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Sorry for double posting but... I was reading this thread and read the posts above... what's your opinion on the Dash attack? The move itself and its usefulness, I mean. I use it all the time, maybe I shouldn't?

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I'm curious to what motivation you guys have to not switch to a high tier character

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Because I'm too much used to Captain Falcon's style... plus he's fun to play.

Also, if I really want to win, I'll use my secondary:
Metaknight

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Looks like all the real man falcon mains went extinct.
You main Marth.

And you can't always go Falcon, you're gonna get gayed to hell and you're gonna have to CP, it's just a fact.

Don't get me wrong, I use Falcon 99% of the time but it's just those certain people that are ***S and you have to CP.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Irrelevant yes but I main Marth.

Just saying that there are people who go 100% Ganon and place top 10 in tournaments with good players. Falcon's a better character than Ganon but no one goes 100% Falcon and gets that placing, is all that I'm pointing out.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Irrelevant yes but I main Marth.

Just saying that there are people who go 100% Ganon and place top 10 in tournaments with good players. Falcon's a better character than Ganon but no one goes 100% Falcon and gets that placing, is all that I'm pointing out.
Ok, yes you're right. If Falcon had more rep then that wouldn't be a big problem. Hopefully Ally will step it up and rep Falcon for us more.

But ehh, once I get rid of my ride, mom, and money johns I'll be attending more tournaments myself.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Captain Falcon just lacks tournament representation in general. The few people who do represent him use other characters in tournaments and the others who do use him are below-average players. So yeah, I can see where Kishin's going with that.

In my honest opinion, if you're at a skill level where you have absolutely no problem with reading your opponent and punishing them WITHOUT playing like an aggressive Melee-styled player, then you'll do great with Falcon. Using Falcon at a high, possibly tournament standard level is seriously strict s***.

Take a look at how brawl has to be played at a professional level. Although it's nice for bragging rights, you can't go for a bunch of flashy s*** with Falcon and expect to get away with it constantly against a good player. I think that's where most of our board members are going wrong. Those seeking improvement, drop the aggression, play defensively and learn to read your opponents and combo based on that factor alone.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
You main Marth.

And you can't always go Falcon, you're gonna get gayed to hell and you're gonna have to CP, it's just a fact.

Don't get me wrong, I use Falcon 99% of the time but it's just those certain people that are ***S and you have to CP.
But how manly it is to go CF 100% :bee:

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
Falcon vs Falco is ****ing gay.
Falcon vs Samus is too gay

Getting CP'd when playing as Falcon makes me sad. Falcon hates projectiles and spacers obv

I hope rebaz still plays Brawl.....he's also the best Falcon.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
so In the last couple days I've been drawn more and more to cfalcs awesomeness and Im thinking about seconding him. I really dont even know who the best Cfalc player is so..educate me, any techs to learn?

inb4scrubssaythey'rethebest.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
so In the last couple days I've been drawn more and more to cfalcs awesomeness and Im thinking about seconding him. I really dont even know who the best Cfalc player is so..educate me, any techs to learn?

inb4scrubssaythey'rethebest.
I'm probably the best

Best CF would probably be Ally, best CF main would probably be Lionman from Spain.

If you want to learn how to play Falcon, read the Metagame Guide or go to the compendium.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I'm probably the best

Best CF would probably be Ally, best CF main would probably be Lionman from Spain.

If you want to learn how to play Falcon, read the Metagame Guide or go to the compendium.
thanks fellow michigan smasher.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^I laughed my *** off when you started to spam U-tilt (The axe kick?)

I consider myself a bit above average... Last tournament I actually SHOULD have gone full Captain Falcon, it would have worked better for me. So yeah, I think I'm going to try and go 100% Captain Falcon, completely focusing on training as him.

Oh man, this will be tough. There's a Falco, a Snake, a Luigi, a Sonic... >_<

Top Bottom