• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Captain Falcon Q&A Thread

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
can I get more opinions? I want to make **** sure.
You know how momentum cancel works right ? It's all about how fast your aerial ends.

So just Uair. Bair works too because it's only like 3 frames longer than Uair, but it's not the best.

Player-3

Smash Hero
uair if your back is towards blast zone

bair if your back is towards stage (ness bthrow, other weird moves like that)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Uair -> Dair.
Bair -> Dair.

Uair and Bair are certainly the best bets for momentum canceling since they come out the fastest, then you should Dair afterward to give yourself a bit more recovery control.

Personally, I recommend the Uair though. It usually keeps me alive around 180%+.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Same here. After getting used to DIing with the Uair, it got me out of very hard situations. I was blasted with a Fsmash from a bowser (non-charged) at like 120% and I survived thanks to Uair.

Never thought about Uair -> dair dair dair dair, though...

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You're suppose to use an aerial to cancel your momentum, then another to lead you back to the stage. Going downward is much better that another direction once you've slowed down. For most characters, especially Falcon, dair helps a lot for canceling momentum. It's a slow aerial though, so using something else first is best since the first aerial cuts the momentum down by more than a half.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Momentum canceling is jumping after you do an aerial. You use the quickest aerial (U-air) because you can jump earlier to cancel horizontal momentum. All D-air (with smash stick) does is fast fall you instantly which helps slow down some vertical momentum. The best DI is U-air -> fast fall -> jump unless you're sent too vertical in which case just D-airing would be best since it fast falls you instantly. I'm not sure if U-airing -> c-sticking down would fast fall you but you might d-air late and be unable to jump.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Which is exactly why I use the Claw Style.

- C-Stick for an aerial to slow down the momentum.
- Jumping, it somewhat depends on what direction you're being knocked and how far. Sometimes if you're knocked diagonally upward and off the stage, if you jump while you still have knock back momentum, you'll end up killing yourself on the boundary arc and lose a stock.
- Dair // Fastfalling. If you're mashing the C-Stick down to Dair, you'll fastfall anyway. Plus, it's an aerial so it'll help with control, as well as pushing you away from the boundary. It'd be safer to jump AFTER you do that at higher percents.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Falcon's Down B is Falco?
since its priority is decent in the beginning, i gets you from one point to another, and it doesn't stop whether you damage your opponent or not

i would use it to run away

because if you go towards them instead, you can get punished either in the middle of the move or in the ending lag

and thats tough ****

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Pros, guise guise, stop trolling, mmkay?

About the best Falcon mainer, I have no idea, but it's sad, so very sad, that we have a pretty busy board over here and yet only Ally shows up in that list.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I consider Ally the top Falcon.

Even though there's people on these boards that could have more knowledge about the character than him, Ally actually knows how to play this game properly. He knows what he's doing with the character, knows how to read opponents like a professional and he's perhaps our highest ranking offline representation.

That's more than enough reason to give him that title for now.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Indeed. But he's not a Falcon mainer, he's a Brawl mainer, I think he should main the "?" character :p

In any case, Lionman quit? WAT. TELL ME MORE!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
*pictures Lionman's sig*

"Problem tiers?" was followed by its natural conclusion: "Get the **** outta here" :( we kneed more good ssbb falcon mainers...

Here's an interesting question: who's Ramzeh?

Laem

Smash Champion
Ramzeh is currently holland's best ganon until he is kicked off his throne in a best of 5 BF only ganon ditto

Top Bottom