• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike222

Smash Cadet
Yea I dont understand that at all... isn't the handicap in-game the handicap that adds % damage on you from the start of a match?? or am I just missing something. Or if someone can just direct me to a GCT file where this is already adjusted I would appreciate that a lot.

-______________________________- !

Eaode

Smash Champion
Is ROB's down-smash still being discussed?

The nerf that was put on it in Beta 4.0 is ridiculous.

In Vanilla Brawl it was a spammy GTFO move that you could use after a spotdodge. It was a MAJOR staple of his game. In Brawl+ it lost its focus because ROB has a great aggressive game (he had this a little in vB but its just a defensive game), but now it could be used as a low % combo starter. It was still a staple of his OoS game and a part of his character.

With the horrid nerf it's been given in 4.0, it's really neither of these things. It's very situational and borderline useless. At low %'s you'll get ***** for using it, and most of the time it won't link into anything because of the lag, at mid %'s it's lost its combo ability so it's pretty useless, and at high % it's just a laggy weak move that won't kill until 160+. Overall it's a really high-risk, low-reward move, and I feel this does great injustice to ROB, seeing as it was once a staple of his metagame and was so carelessly nerfed. I thought we were to preserve the flavor of one's character....

Although I utterly despise the way this nerf was done, I do understand th motive behind it. ROB's dsmash was fast on the startup and fast on the cooldown, it was a spammy move. I agree that it should be toned down a bit, but the degree to which you've done so has destroyed the move, and part of ROB's character along with it. I suggest putting the speed at a more reasonable value such as 0.85x

Hopefully this is still being discussed and won't just be forgotten as it affects a minority.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

In Vanilla Brawl it was a spammy GTFO move that you could use after a spotdodge. It was a MAJOR staple of his game. In Brawl+ it lost its focus because ROB has a great aggressive game (he had this a little in vB but its just a defensive game), but now it could be used as a low % combo starter. It was still a staple of his OoS game and a part of his character.

With the horrid nerf it's been given in 4.0, it's really neither of these things. It's very situational and borderline useless. At low %'s you'll get ***** for using it, and most of the time it won't link into anything because of the lag, at mid %'s it's lost its combo ability so it's pretty useless, and at high % it's just a laggy weak move that won't kill until 160+. Overall it's a really high-risk, low-reward move, and I feel this does great injustice to ROB, seeing as it was once a staple of his metagame and was so carelessly nerfed. I thought we were to preserve the flavor of one's character....

Although I utterly despise the way this nerf was done, I do understand th motive behind it. ROB's dsmash was fast on the startup and fast on the cooldown, it was a spammy move. I agree that it should be toned down a bit, but the degree to which you've done so has destroyed the move, and part of ROB's character along with it. I suggest putting the speed at a more reasonable value such as 0.85x

Hopefully this is still being discussed and won't just be forgotten as it affects a minority.
I completely agree, ROB's dsmash is completely unusable now :ohwell: There is always a better option than dsmash in every conceivable situation.

Maybe instead of adding absurd endlag to it (making it extremely punishable and uncomboable), you could leave the lag how it was and instead make the hitting part of the move a bit slower, making it easier to SDI out of. I think this would make it more "skillful" and less spammable against quality opponents if they're expecting it.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Yeah, a combination of a little less of what we have now and JCaesar007's suggestion could work pretty well.

pikpikcarrotmon

Smash Rookie
Wow, it's still crashing even with the codes that were just posted. I wonder if I have a bad texture that's only acting up now - it worked perfectly before 4.0.

kupo15

Smash Hero

Another thing that made the Dsmash really stupid was ROBs fast spot dodge. That in conjunction with the fast start up of the dsmash is too good. I don't know what they did to it, but maybe an overall side step slow down and a slow down of the cool down lag on the dsmash would be fine

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
If anyone ever told me that the game feels like melee I would just say "Well atleast it doesnt feel like brawl"

:) jk

Spike222

Smash Cadet
So I tried Wolf with a 100% handicap, and it felt phenomenal. The thing that sucks though is that this setting is only available in a real match and not in Training mode, which I spend most of my time in when I'm messing around with combo's/characters and such. Is there another way this can be implemented in the next update? or just make Wolf at 100% or so :p

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
I think we should add in just a tad bit more shieldstun. Just make the game slightly more offensive based than it is now. Fighting games where defense prevails are rarely any fun at all.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
got it and i'm lovin it. but the cpu AI needs improvement with trying to recover. they try to recover too late.

Clever_Sleazoid

Smash Apprentice
If we increase the shieldstun any more, there won't be a defensive game to speak of. xD

I'm good where we're at right now.
Hmmm, I highly disagree. In my opinion the game is about balanced between offense and defense right now as it is. And I think the metagame should be more offensive than defensive in fighters. Of course the defensive characters will stay defensive, it's not like it's gonna force every character to be offensive. There will just be less reward for staying back and playing it safe.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think it has something do with jabs locking people in their shield. Your only choice is to drop the shield and take a hit or wait for your shield to get stabbed through.

Hmmm, I highly disagree. In my opinion the game is about balanced between offense and defense right now as it is. And I think the metagame should be more offensive than defensive in fighters. Of course the defensive characters will stay defensive, it's not like it's gonna force every character to be offensive. There will just be less reward for staying back and playing it safe.
Offense has the edge right now from what I've seen. Unless you've got a character with a godly grab range or a tether, shieldgrabs are almost useless most of the time unless your opponent doesn't space correctly.
OoS attacks in general are pretty bad. The only defensive moves that are greatly useful at the moment are a few scattered counter moves, power shielding, and spot dodges.

If we were balancing Street Fighter or something like that, I would agree. The difference being that in a game like Brawl+, we have many more options available to us at any given time than any other fighter. Defense can actually work, as attacks can be used to play defense as well.

In other fighters, you basically have a block move, and maybe a situational counter move.

tl;dr: Offense and Defense should be balanced so that neither strategy is always the go to strategy. I believe this balance is achieved through the shieldstun values and ALR we have now.

Sukai

Smash Champion
But that's not balance between offense and defense.
It will definitely hurt the more defensive characters by giving offensive characters less to worry about upon advancing on a defense, thus causing unbalance. The system of bait and punish will also suffer as baiting requires a defensive front.

I say it's poifect as is.

maticMan94

Smash Cadet
I would like to see shield gain slowed a bit. Just a tiny bit, ya know, just to see a shield break once and a while. Since I mostly play cpus I'll never see a shield break, but even on all the matches of Brawl+ posted online I've yet to see a shield break.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I would like to see shield gain slowed a bit. Just a tiny bit, ya know, just to see a shield break once and a while. Since I mostly play cpus I'll never see a shield break, but even on all the matches of Brawl+ posted online I've yet to see a shield break.
Okay, again, this throws off the balance between offense and defense.
Shield breaks primarily serve as punishment for guarding too much, and not making use of dodging, the Achilles Heel to being overly defensive.
However, a fluent defense more than likely never suffers shield breaks, so it's fine.
If they guard too much, grab them.

Watch more Marth matches. xD

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I've broken shields with peach. Her sheildattack game is too good. i can basically jab to nair to jab to nair over and over and u cant get out of it unles su just drop the shield and take the hit.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I've broken shields with peach. Her sheildattack game is too good. i can basically jab to nair to jab to nair over and over and u cant get out of it unles su just drop the shield and take the hit.
GOOD JOB SIR!

I have broken sheilds with Jigglypuff. Unfortunately, those sheilds were mine, so I died. someone sig this. Please.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I know we all know about a chain grab that works to a certain percentage, but have you ever heard of a chain grab that only works at a certain percentage?

Yeah, from like 10% to like 90%, Peach can chain grab Fox with her downthrow.
It takes timing, but it's something that can be perfected.
The reason it doesn't work from 0% is because Fox is too low and falls too fast, but after like 2 throws, Fox can easily be chain grabbed.

Not complaining, or asking for a change, just saying.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I know we all know about a chain grab that works to a certain percentage, but have you ever heard of a chain grab that only works at a certain percentage?

Yeah, from like 10% to like 90%, Peach can chain grab Fox with her downthrow.
It takes timing, but it's something that can be perfected.
The reason it doesn't work from 0% is because Fox is too low and falls too fast, but after like 2 throws, Fox can easily be chain grabbed.

Not complaining, or asking for a change, just saying.
i think its good some characters can cg others. i believe counters characters should be introduced. besides, fox can camp her out and its easy to not get grabbed by peach

Starscream

Smash Ace
So is Samus being unable to transform into ZSS via Final Smash or taunt an intentional addition? Vice versa, ZSS cannot transform into Samus via Final Smash?

Dan_X

Smash Lord
If anything, a hacker should make it easier to transition from Samus to ZSS. Maybe L+R, or some other combination of buttons that are more reliable...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom