• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
It's like a sudden epidemic.

I actually cant wait for the New Gecko Brawl (Or was that B+ Tweaker) that HOPEFULLY allows for gct swapping on the go while mid game. It'll make online to offline and back an easy switch.
Maybe you can try using the snapshot code, and using it to switch to an online codeset?

It's worth a try.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Well, my "loader" GCT has the following codes only:

Dynamic SD Loader
SD Files
GCT Loader
Execute GCT

In that order.

My "codeset" GCT has all the 4.0 codes, plus the File Replacement and Disable Custom Stages codes, which I might add were put at the very end of the text file. Maybe that's why they work?

If you want me to, I can send you my text files and my gcts.
If you could send me your text files that would be awesome. I also have the File Replacement and Disable Custom Stages codes at the bottom of my "codeset" GCT and it still freezes. :ohwell:

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
awesome! can't wait to try it out!

also, I found something that made me laugh a bit:

Default Settings Modifier [9 lines]
24494A98 80000000
20523300 00000000
04523300 DEADBEEF

Erion

Smash Cadet
zephyrnereus said:

Default Settings Modifier [9 lines]
24494A98 80000000
20523300 00000000
04523300 DEADBEEF
LOL

So I was testing the new features out and find out that if you play Pikachu vs Ness on Luigi's Mansion, the game will crash 95% of the time. At least that's what happens to me. I have done some testing, but I'm not sure if there are other specific conditions.
Just thought you would like to know.

Anyway, very nice job guys.
This codeset is great.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

Yeah, we all noticed that a while ago and had a good laugh when the code was first released. But can it beat... CAFEBABE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qd6YQNZ-q4&feature=channel_page

Code:
Growth/Decay Modifier[Igglyboo]
20524440 00000000
80000000 ZZZZZZZZ
80000001 3F800000
04524440 [b]CAFEBABE[/b]
E0000000 80008000
24AD76C0 XXXXXXXX
80000001 BF800000
88A00000 00000001
E0000000 80008000
26AD76C0 YYYYYYYY
80000001 BF800000
88A00000 00000001
E0000000 80008000
82210002 00AD76C0
88900002 00000000
84210002 00AD76C0
This isn't in the plussery set for obvious reasons.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Just want to say good job on the codeset, guys. The handicap buffering is brilliant. Teching seems legit so far. Can't wait to get some real matches in, but it'll probably be after the weekend.

Start uploading some videos, fools!

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
LOL, Cafebabe. Epic.

I have a idea for a code but idk if it would be possible. Could you make it where if your z-button is set to grab it will ONLY trigger the grab ID. I hate the fact that sometimes it will do stupid stuff, like jab or shield. I get in a bad habit of doing it too much, one game i did it 6 times. It really cost me.

I dont know anything about coding but it seems pretty simple.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
LOL, Cafebabe. Epic.

I have a idea for a code but idk if it would be possible. Could you make it where if your z-button is set to grab it will ONLY trigger the grab ID. I hate the fact that sometimes it will do stupid stuff, like jab or shield. I get in a bad habit of doing it too much, one game i did it 6 times. It really cost me.

I dont know anything about coding but it seems pretty simple.

Lol @ Z Button == LP/MP/HP equivalent.

You could just use another button for grab. D:

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
If you need to grab right after using a jab, then use shield+A. If you need to grab right after doing some action besides running (ie. landing from an aerial), again, use shield+A. It's much more reliable. I think about the only time I use Z for grabbing is for JC grabs in melee or dash canceled grabs in brawl. Everything else is with shield+A, since it's so much more reliable, and always has been.

Starscream

Smash Ace
PM me your e-mail addy.
It's in my profile.

And kudos to the folks that worked on Beta 4. It truly is remarkable how far Brawl+ has come, especially if you've been following it since the very beginning.

I do think that a character specific friction code should be added. C. Falcon sliding around is pretty annoying.

Also, why is Scar Jumping being omitted? I would also like to show my support for the inclusion of the tumble codes.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
If you need to grab right after using a jab, then use shield+A. If you need to grab right after doing some action besides running (ie. landing from an aerial), again, use shield+A. It's much more reliable. I think about the only time I use Z for grabbing is for JC grabs in melee or dash canceled grabs in brawl. Everything else is with shield+A, since it's so much more reliable, and always has been.

Button Set to Grab > Shield + A Grab > Z Button Grab.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
I feel that the momentum capture data code isn't working properly. in 3.4, when you tilt ROB's side-B it travels the same distance it did in vBrawl, but if you smashed it, it would send ROB flying forward at an increible speed, traveling 2/3 of FD from one of the edges. in 4.0, it only flies, despite imputing a tilt or a smash. I felt that it gave more deph to ROB's playstyle, as well as helping in mindgames (not to mention, it can save from suicides from flying off screen)

Link_enfant

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to test the latest 4.0 codeset, that looks amazing :)
anyway, I wanted to know if there was a way to use custom textures (and CSPs) while using this codeset at the same time ? If yes, how shold I do ? Thanks ^^ !

Xavenger

Smash Rookie
I'm going to test the latest 4.0 codeset, that looks amazing :)
anyway, I wanted to know if there was a way to use custom textures (and CSPs) while using this codeset at the same time ? If yes, how shold I do ? Thanks ^^ !
^I was about to ask the same question, I want to use my textures also

Almas

Smash Lord
I feel that the momentum capture data code isn't working properly. in 3.4, when you tilt ROB's side-B it travels the same distance it did in vBrawl, but if you smashed it, it would send ROB flying forward at an increible speed, traveling 2/3 of FD from one of the edges. in 4.0, it only flies, despite imputing a tilt or a smash. I felt that it gave more deph to ROB's playstyle, as well as helping in mindgames (not to mention, it can save from suicides from flying off screen)
I don't believe this was ever the case.

ROB gains momentum from his Over B when he does it immediately following a shorthop or whilst on the ground. I suspect that you noticed more momentum when you "smashed" the analogue because this initiated a dash, causing a larger proportion of momentum to be transferred. By comparison, when you tilted into it, you were not moving very fast when it activated, so less momentum was transferred.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
4 stock?

anyway, i'd try it when pal is released.

looks like meta got nerfed, hmm. Maybe he should get his crappy attacks like BV and up smash buffed.

-MK Downsmash it now at .85x speed

huge nerf

-Standing tether GRABS (standing ranged grab) have had their end lag sped up:
- Lucas Standing Grab is now 1.5x faster after hitbox
- Samus 1.6x wind-down
- Link 1.5x wind-down
- Toon Link 1.5x wind-down
- Lucas 1.5x wind-down
- Yoshi 1.5x wind-down
- Ivysaur 1.2x wind-down

that include Zero suit samus? her grab is ****.

GPDP

Smash Ace

ROB gains momentum from his Over B when he does it immediately following a shorthop or whilst on the ground. I suspect that you noticed more momentum when you "smashed" the analogue because this initiated a dash, causing a larger proportion of momentum to be transferred. By comparison, when you tilted into it, you were not moving very fast when it activated, so less momentum was transferred.
Actually, it was. I believe it was the version right before v4, the one on which Sonic got sick momentum, but all sorts of stupid crap happened, too (you'd jump backwards at breakneck speed, among other things). With that version, you could not only do that stuff with ROB, but Ganon's choke worked with momentum only if you ran and then jumped. If you didn't run, it would not get the momentum it does now.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
So far I only have 1 problem, Pokemon Trainer. If wild pokemon are being used, why does the trainer get no fatigue and no auto swap? The point of the Wilds is that you can play as one Pokemon the whole time, but you can't switch. Why would anyone play as wild if Trainer is 100% better? I'd suggest removing the codes involving Trainer next time around.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521
Sorry for the question, but whats the difference between offline and online codefile? I'm guessing the buffersystem is different?

auroreon

Smash Ace
I have a question about the online and offline GCTs also...
I assume the difference between the 2 codesets lies in the buffer, is this to combat online lag?
What is the exact difference in the codes between the two files?
If the difference between online and offline is the buffer, then would your opponant have to have the code as well for your buffer to be different?

EDIT: Also, whats the exact line count?

EDIT2: Just my oppinion... but this has become Melee 2.0

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Trojan, I think we're going to be taking out independent pokemon soon, and just having an all-in-one PT. We might put individual icons for each pokemon though, like Zelda/Sheik.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
looks like meta got nerfed, hmm. Maybe he should get his crappy attacks like BV and up smash buffed.

-MK Downsmash it now at .85x speed

huge nerf.
No, MK does not get any buffs because he is not only not bad, but he's actually still one of the best characters in the game.

D-smash nerf was simply adding ending lag so that if you miss, there's more time to punish you. Startup lag is unaffected.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450

point is, in 3.3 momentum would only transfer if you "smashed" side b (it works anytime as long as ROB is running, but it seemed that the beginning of the dash gave him a little extra boost) it actually felt like 3.1,
but it only affects ROB, since I remember falcon hopping forward as if he dashed when he was standing still and now works just fine.

Actually, it was. I believe it was the version right before v4, the one on which Sonic got sick momentum, but all sorts of stupid crap happened, too (you'd jump backwards at breakneck speed, among other things). With that version, you could not only do that stuff with ROB, but Ganon's choke worked with momentum only if you ran and then jumped. If you didn't run, it would not get the momentum it does now.
well, i guess even though the old code helped out ROB, it messed up other characters... well now I also find it harder to dash> dair with ganon. its like sometimes he keeps floating forward and hits the opponent, sometimes he stops right in front and gets easily punished. I guess I'll have to practice with the c-stick now...
IVYSAUR IS AWESOME! his leaf is spammable now, almost like pit's arrows, but not as accurate. also, I feel that you guys made ZSS to be a bit too floaty for my taste now... maybe a shorter SH might help...but I don't know, I rarely play her.

shanus

Smash Hero
No, MK does not get any buffs because he is not only not bad, but he's actually still one of the best characters in the game.

D-smash nerf was simply adding ending lag so that if you miss, there's more time to punish you. Startup lag is unaffected.
Actually its the whole move with framespeed modifier 3.1

Zephyr, most of those things you mentioned were in 3.3 including Ivy's leaf, and ZSS gravity :p

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
really? cause I felt that you guys increased them...it was like, "what? I dont remember them like this..." o.o

also, how does the GTC in the codes file work? does it replace itself with the one in pf? and what's the line limit now? I want to add the texture code...where would that go?

osh77

Smash Cadet
any reason why the auto jab fix wasn't included in the set or did I just miss it?

edit: and the ledge invincibility code? unless that was also modified...

shanus

Smash Hero
any reason why the auto jab fix wasn't included in the set or did I just miss it?
Pika's jab and a few others got so weird without it, I just couldnt get a good fix for em cooked up. Its definitely not something being tossed away, just wasn't included yet. It seems there are a lot of mixed feelings on the code too.

osh77

Smash Cadet
Ok well that does make sense. But what about the ledge invincibility code? Did you guys feel ledge invincibility frames weren't bad enough to warrant its inclusion?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ok well that does make sense. But what about the ledge invincibility code? Did you guys feel ledge invincibility frames weren't bad enough to warrant its inclusion?
Basically yes. We're afraid that longer invincibility might cause excessive stalling (some stalling methods are already a pain to get around), so we're very wary to include the code. We may include it, but as of right now we haven't agreed an a value to set it to so we left it out.

osh77

Smash Cadet
Ah, well at least you guys are considering it, I thought you may have had an oversight in the final code but you guys continue to amaze me with your constant insistance on balancing and consideration with codes included. I am thoroughly enjoying the new codeset thus far, keep up the good work!

And before i forget, I heard that you can actually turn off certain codes for certain characters in another thread, this is how sonics momentum from his spindash is no longer carried into his jump momentum. I was wondering if the coders could possibly try to include that kind of process into the auto jab code.
but I know the brilliant coders would come up with something.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ah, well at least you guys are considering it, I thought you may have had an oversight in the final code but you guys continue to amaze me with your constant insistance on balancing and consideration with codes included. I am thoroughly enjoying the new codeset thus far, keep up the good work!

And before i forget, I heard that you can actually turn off certain codes for certain characters in another thread, this is how sonics momentum from his spindash is no longer carried into his jump momentum. I was wondering if the coders could possibly try to include that kind of process into the auto jab code.
but I know the brilliant coders would come up with something.
That would be the best way, characters like Falcon perform better or at least feel smoother without auto jabs, but the code ruins Snake's and Pikas jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom