• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanus

Smash Hero
No, that's being worked on. In the online set, the buffer is default 10. In the offline set, just choose a handicap value/10 to give you a value between 0-10 buffer window. Its awesome. If its off, I believe spunit said itd default to 0

supersonicridley

Smash Cadet
YEAH! Samus is back! I love the super misles and charge shot! she is so dangerous at long range now!

although i noticed a glitch, when samus grabs bowser and pummels after about 3 or 4 hits every time you push A she will hit but it wont do damage.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
YEAH! Samus is back! I love the super misles and charge shot! she is so dangerous at long range now!

although i noticed a glitch, when samus grabs bowser and pummels after about 3 or 4 hits every time you push A she will hit but it wont do damage.

We know.

Not a glitch. It's a side effect of the "Bowser Dont Care" code which reduced damage dealt to bowser. Her hits happen to start doing under 1% of damage with that code so he isnt hurt.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it was still cool, would he be overpowered if he had that and all the new buffs?

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
4.0 is really cool. Jiggly is almost perfect (until throws can be modified). The many hitbox and speed buffs are awesome as well.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Bowser has received a truckload of buffs, to the point where he didn't need the thick skin code anymore to be able to compete.

However, the samus grab attack thing is interesting. Doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless that always happened and it's a bug in the stale moves code? Does it happen on other characters, too?

Revven

FrankerZ
samus' grab attack does .5 damage, i thought.
Something like that and because of Bowser's animation when he gets hit, it takes a bunch of pummels to actually do ANYTHING to Bowser. Also, this is not only in Brawl+, it was originally in vBrawl so, it's not any codes causing it Trojan, it's been in the game since day 1.

auroreon

Smash Ace
I have a question about the online and offline GCTs also...
I assume the difference between the 2 codesets lies in the buffer, is this to combat online lag?
What is the exact difference in the codes between the two files?
If the difference between online and offline is the buffer, then would your opponant have to have the code as well for your buffer to be different?
Also, whats the exact line count?
Anyone have these answers?

osh77 said:
im a metaknight main, i like men. i also enjoy touching myself to ZSS snapshots and captain falcon ones too
Fixed... sorry, couldn't resist. I know... Im a terrible person.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Anyone have these answers?
All of those questions were answered throughout the past couple pages of this thread except the line count, which hardly matters anymore (it's probably something over 500, though).

The differences between the two codesets is that the online set has no buffer code - it's set to its default of 10. The offline set has the handicap = buffer code, allowing you to set your own buffer for offline matches. An increased buffer online helps to mitigate lag since you will frequently have frames where no input is going through, thus making the higher buffer allow for more fluid playing, although it is recommended to use a lower buffer (ie. around 2) offline, for more precision in your actions.

Revven

FrankerZ
And again, whoever says this is closer to Melee 2.0 it isn't. Just because the CSS looks a lot like how Melee's was set up, doesn't mean it will be like that in the final version. We're just testing stuff out, we WERE going to have a completely NEW CSS but, there were tons of bugs with it (not being able to select some characters on the CSS etc.) So, don't complain, please.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Is there a screenshot of the new CSS anywhere? I'm using the 4.0 set but I'm still using the same CSS we've been using since the beginning of B+ (with the Pkmn, Sheik, and ZSS) but Id like to see the differences without having to reapply the codes again.

Thanks in advance!

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I mentioned the Samus pummel thing like two months ago and no one cared lol The only answer i got was everyone (including me) making Bowser dont care jokes. I dont really see it as a problem.

edit: Also, i havnt played with ganon in a while but i remember with the old buffer code he couldnt auto-cancel his dair at 0 buffer. Does this still apply with the handicap code? If so i say we just make the default number 1 buffer.

auroreon

Smash Ace
All of those questions were answered throughout the past couple pages of this thread except the line count, which hardly matters anymore (it's probably something over 500, though).

The differences between the two codesets is that the online set has no buffer code - it's set to its default of 10. The offline set has the handicap = buffer code, allowing you to set your own buffer for offline matches. An increased buffer online helps to mitigate lag since you will frequently have frames where no input is going through, thus making the higher buffer allow for more fluid playing, although it is recommended to use a lower buffer (ie. around 2) offline, for more precision in your actions.
Thanks, sorry I didn't see them answered.

If I set a higher buffer for online play, but my opponant doesn't have the code on, will it desync?

shanus

Smash Hero
I mentioned the Samus pummel thing like two months ago and no one cared lol The only answer i got was everyone (including me) making Bowser dont care jokes. I dont really see it as a problem.

edit: Also, i havnt played with ganon in a while but i remember with the old buffer code he couldnt auto-cancel his dair at 0 buffer. Does this still apply with the handicap code? If so i say we just make the default number 1 buffer.
I can thunderstorm at 0 frames with it consistently as his SH is *slightly* higher

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Thanks, sorry I didn't see them answered.

If I set a higher buffer for online play, but my opponant doesn't have the code on, will it desync?
The online set has the highest buffer setting allowed by the game (10 frames, aka the vb default). If you were to set your own buffer setting to be lower than that, you would indeed encounter desyncs.

mofo_

Smash Ace
Does the B+4.0 GCT come with the texture codes?if not, can i use the .bin = .gct for the texture codes?or is there a better way?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Does the B+4.0 GCT come with the texture codes?if not, can i use the .bin = .gct for the texture codes?or is there a better way?

4.0 has no textures. You have to use the text to include textures and then convert the .gct to .bin.

But hey, why not just use the double .gct method. ;D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
They are not for textures, the second gct is the B+ code set, the first gct is what's used to locate and swap the gct out for more lines.

Just copy the codes folder from the premade package to your SD Card, overwriting the old one, and then go into private/wii/app/RSBE and drop the pf folder from the premade package into the RSBE on your SD Card. Done, now boot Gecko OS and it should work. It really isn't that hard, people.
That's actually quite amazing. Kudos to the B+ team.

I'll try this out later on tonight.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
This just came to me. Wouldnt it be wiser to use the online set with the handicap buffer? Offline you could just use it and set it to whatever, and only, you just turn off handicap.

Almas

Smash Lord
We'll probably update in a couple days with spunit's new online handicap disabler code. That is the main reason why a distinction between sets was necessary.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, we'll just need to advise people that they need to set their handicaps identical online or they will desync.

Also, in our update we'll supply one with texture hacks included.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yeah, we'll just need to advise people that they need to set their handicaps identical online or they will desync.

Also, in our update we'll supply one with texture hacks included.
Does this text hack come with shadow skin on sonic and roy skin on ike?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Does this text hack come with shadow skin on sonic and roy skin on ike?
The hack they are including is one that allows you to change the textures, you have the find the proper texture changes yourself.
There is a thread in the workshop that takes you through that, discuss answer ask questions about it there.
Those two do exist however, and are rather overpopulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom