• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
They are not for textures, the second gct is the B+ code set, the first gct is what's used to locate and swap the gct out for more lines.

Just copy the codes folder from the premade package to your SD Card, overwriting the old one, and then go into private/wii/app/RSBE and drop the pf folder from the premade package into the RSBE on your SD Card. Done, now boot Gecko OS and it should work. It really isn't that hard, people.
Just to clarify, you might have to make some of these folders yourself. If there is no app folder inside the private folder, make it. Then inside that folder, make the RSBE folder. In that folder, dump the pf folder.

what's in the second gct? i thought that had the texture codes in it or something but i dont see any of my custom textures
You're gonna have to copy the codes in the OP and make a txt out of them. Once you do that, add the File Replacement and Disable Custom Stages codes. Then, open up Code Manager 1.0 (the one that doesn't count lines), and make a GCT to save in the pf folder.

That is, the texture codes DO NOT go in the "loader" GCT. They go in the actual Brawl+ codes GCT.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys talking about something beyond just the basic codes for beta 4.0 or do I have to get this package too? I only downloaded the SD 4.0 set and offline set. I don't care for using the textures so just placing the SD gct in the dir is enough correct.

Almas

Smash Lord
Okay, sorry. I had to tweak a couple of things.

The website should now be functioning properly, and I added instructions for how to get the double GCT method to work.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Whats the difference of the online and the offline version?

Sorry if that's posted somewhere.
And also, thanks!

Xavenger

Smash Rookie
whoa brawl + is pretty sick. Thanks.

If I wanted to play with friends on wifi, would we get deysnced badly?

GPDP

Smash Ace
Almas, may I suggest you edit the Default Settings code so as to have the Handicap option on by default?

Sukai

Smash Champion
Some good things, some not-so-good things.
Okay, first, bravo guys, this is a bit of an improvement.
I main everyone, but Fox is my trump, and for him I must say he has a deep Achilles Heel, the buffering prevents him from fluidly moving from one move to another, the hitstun is offsetting, but that just takes some getting used to.
Jab cancels are out, I find them harder to achieve, and are escapable.

Now I'm starting to see a glaring resemblance to Melee without directional airdodging.
The custom character select screen, seemed to cross the threshold between Brawl+ and "Melee 2.0"
I do like how Sheik, ZSS, and the Pokemon are all individually selectable, but it's a small time convenience.

Everything else is grand, however.
I lightly suggest super armor somewhere in Ganon's Warlock Punch.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
JYES. It's out.

I wish the bridge of eldin code was in here. *pouts in a corner*

LOL guess I'll wait till we discuss stages hardcore.

Almas

Smash Lord
Knux, using the new buffer/handicap code you can choose how much buffering you have. Simply turn on handicaps, and slide your magical scale to what you'd like to have buffering on. For example, 50% would give you 5 frames buffer. It caps out at 100% (10 frames) or anything above it.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
whoa brawl + is pretty sick. Thanks.

If I wanted to play with friends on wifi, would we get deysnced badly?
Only if you don't have the same codeset. If you have the exact same codeset you can play online just fine.

cookiemonster said:
which is better, in your opinion? IDK right now...
The buffer handicap code lets you set buffer to be whatever you want, anywhere from 0 to 10.

knuxrouge said:
I main everyone, but Fox is my trump, and for him I must say he has a deep Achilles Heel, the buffering prevents him from fluidly moving from one move to another, the hitstun is offsetting, but that just takes some getting used to.
You can adjust the buffering however you want with the buffer = handicap code. If it's messing with you feel free to set it to 10. We didn't touch jab cancels. You're probably just feeling the effects of a low buffer.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

Now I'm starting to see a glaring resemblance to Melee without directional airdodging.
The custom character select screen, seemed to cross the threshold between Brawl+ and "Melee 2.0"
I do like how Sheik, ZSS, and the Pokemon are all individually selectable, but it's a small time convenience.

Do you use the online/offline GCT file? can some1 tell me how to set this up? I already have a RSBE01 file in codes, someone help!!!

BTW, to leafgreen, I meant offline GCT or online GCT. LMK!!!

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I must express my gratitude. The GCT loading another GCT not only is a method I like more but it runs more smoothly for me.

Way to go guys. You just won life.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is what the handicap option is for in the first place, so you can chose your own buffering for each character.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
@Almas
Don't know if you've noticed, but right clicking and saving the txt file on your webspace always add this line to the bottom of the text:

var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-5231884-1");

Looks like it's something your page adds to it's files. I'm guessing copy/paste avoids this, but that also puts everything on one line when viewed in the web browser. Might want to look into that.

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
what do you guys mean by buffering? like you say increasing the handicap adds more buffering frames, what does that do?

Starscream

Smash Ace
You're gonna have to copy the codes in the OP and make a txt out of them. Once you do that, add the File Replacement and Disable Custom Stages codes. Then, open up Code Manager 1.0 (the one that doesn't count lines), and make a GCT to save in the pf folder.

That is, the texture codes DO NOT go in the "loader" GCT. They go in the actual Brawl+ codes GCT.
I did exactly this and I'm getting a black screen freeze after Gecko OS launches the game. I've got Beta 4.0 working perfectly but whenever I try adding those 2 codes I get a freeze. What am I doing wrong?

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I did exactly this and I'm getting a black screen freeze after Gecko OS launches the game. I've got Beta 4.0 working perfectly but whenever I try adding those 2 codes I get a freeze. What am I doing wrong?
Did you save the file to the codes folder or the pf folder? If you did the former, then that's your problem.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
what do you guys mean by buffering? like you say increasing the handicap adds more buffering frames, what does that do?
Buffering is basically this.

Move A is 30 frames. The buffer is 10 frames. So 10 frames at the end of those 30 frames is the buffer window.

When ever you do a command within the buffer window. That single input get stored until the move ends completely.

So you store Move B in the buffer, so on frame 31, Move B comes out automatically and instantly. Ya feel me? Move B gets carried out on the first frame possible because it was stored in the buffer.

Brawl uses a buffer of 10 frames. B+ uses 2 frames. Melee used 0. People complained about the buffer so this was thought up and made a reality, so everyone has their own buffer they're most used too.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Buffering is basically this.

Move A is 30 frames. The buffer is 10 frames. So 10 frames at the end of those 30 frames is the buffer window.

When ever you do a command within the buffer window. That single input get stored until the move ends completely.

So you store Move B in the buffer, so on frame 31, Move B comes out automatically and instantly. Ya feel me? Move B gets carried out on the first frame possible because it was stored in the buffer.

Brawl uses a buffer of 10 frames. B+ uses 2 frames. Melee used 4. People complained about the buffer so this was thought up and made a reality, so everyone has their own buffer they're most used too.
Actually, melee used 0 buffer. Although people often referred to "buffering" rolls with the cstick and shield, it was a different kind of buffering that was not limited by frame count, and only worked with the cstick and the shield button, so the only things you could buffer were rolls, spotdodges, and jumps.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Buffering in brawl works like this.

Let's say you have a buffer window of say...10 frames. This means that if you input a command while you are unable to preform that action (like say, you press A to jab, but you are in lag from landing while doing an aerial), the game will wait up to 10 frames to register that jab. If you are out of lag before those 10 frames are up, it will preform the jab on the very first possible frame. If you're not out of lag,that command will be ignored. It only buffers the most recent command (meaning if you input another command, the first will be overwritten and it will try to do the latest command instead).

This can lead to very good precision if used intentionally (as it essentially extends the window for frame perfect attacks), but it also has some nasty side effects. If you're holding down when you land during a shffl, it will buffer a crouch (even if you let go of down before your lag is over). If you drift back before landing, it will buffer a turnaround. If you get pushed off the stage while trying to do something involving the A button, it will buffer a nair. These things can be worked around, but can also be completely eliminated by simply using a lower buffer setting.

And that is buffering in a nutshell.

@GHNeko-melee had 0 buffering. There were many animations that could be canceled (like if you Shine before Fox leaves the ground in his jump animation, he will not do the jump), but there was no buffering.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Well, my "loader" GCT has the following codes only:

Dynamic SD Loader
SD Files
GCT Loader
Execute GCT

In that order.

My "codeset" GCT has all the 4.0 codes, plus the File Replacement and Disable Custom Stages codes, which I might add were put at the very end of the text file. Maybe that's why they work?

If you want me to, I can send you my text files and my gcts.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Much thanks for the heads up guys, I was kinda confused about the handicap, but I've gotten used to it as is.
I'd like to omit what I said about Fox, he flows greatly.

Sukai

Smash Champion
use offline if you're playing B+ offline and online when playing on wi-fi lol...

edit: i got ninja'd.
What about the wifi ban?

I'm gonne definitely try to get a tourney going here.
But with the 4.0 update, that may be an issue now, especially since it'll definitely be small, I can't expect people to bring Brawl+ ready sets, not in Detroit.
Well, I'll see, but I have to know for sure, before anything.
Either that or wait for a way to install homebrew on 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom