• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Okat that can not be true. When did I ever argue for anything above 10?
I don't see a good reason to keep buffer mod on at all. It just makes things unresponsive and awkward, and I felt that way about it in Melee too. Except in Melee I didn't attempt to do most the things I do in Brawl, and I learned to take advantage of buffer now. Why take it away? How are frame perfect moves not fluid?

Also its not precise timing, its just different timing.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but did you not say just get rid of the mod all together and go with vB buffer?

Didn't mean to be rude, I just can't understand what you actually want :/

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I like 10 frame buffer and don't have a problem with it, but I can see why people would want it lowered. Thats why I asked multiple times for 3-5. If 2 solves all problems I'll be okay with that too.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
1-3 just sounds like the greatest compromise. Personally I want 2-3 but 3 is glitchy...... and I here plenty of good things about the 2 buffer code and with some minor testing I like it too.

and Cape. personal opinion but I love Item Standard Play. (I know it will never be used competitively but it sure is fun for lolz)

*respect thy opinions. Don't bash just because*

Rikana

Smash Champion
1-3 just sounds like the greatest compromise. Personally I want 2-3 but 3 is glitchy...... and I here plenty of good things about the 2 buffer code and with some minor testing I like it too.

and Cape. personal opinion but I love Item Standard Play. (I know it will never be used competitively but it sure is fun for lolz)

*respect thy opinions. Don't bash just because*
What does that mean? Items are removed or something..?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Moves in general cannot be slower/faster, unless specifically modified in the Frame Speed Engine. I think you're seeing things.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I think we shouldn't go above 2 imo. 2 is starting to feel a little sloppy. I don't like when my character performs when I don't tell it to do so. Even if I tell it to do a command and it performs it 2 frames later, its yuk and I feel out of control
That doesn't make sense, unless you're playing at 1/60th of the normal speed. How the heck does allowing you to chose your movements 1/30th of a second before they are able to be created feel sloppy? I mean, it sounds like your button mashing, or just plain exaggerating.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That doesn't make sense, unless you're playing at 1/60th of the normal speed. How the heck does allowing you to chose your movements 1/30th of a second before they are able to be created feel sloppy? I mean, it sounds like your button mashing, or just plain exaggerating.
That makes even less sense. Button mashing is not a valid technique to precise controls when you are that low or want lower.

The Night Cat

Smash Cadet
That is what I was thinking, I think there are only a dozen people in the world that can react to 1/60th second events. I don't mean timing moves for 1 frame windows I mean reacting to something someone else does, selecting the right move then physically inputting it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That is what I was thinking, I think there are only a dozen people in the world that can react to 1/60th second events. I don't mean timing moves for 1 frame windows I mean reacting to something someone else does, selecting the right move then physically inputting it.
I'm just that good I guess. I like 1 buffer.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I think it's physically impossible to react to something in 1/60th of a second. That is roughly 17ms. 1/30th of a second is 33ms.

zxeon

Smash Lord
It's not that tough to do your moves yourself. You'd be amazed at what you can pull off if you stop doubting yourself.

Btw I've clocked my reaction time at 132ms consistently before playing Mario Party. Average reaction time means nothing here. That isn't even counting the amount of anticipation skillful players use in their strategies.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I suck, so I can represent the little guy, and I say less buffer is better, honestly, it doesn't make you suck more, you are as good as you have always been. That part doesn't change.

I think it's a big scare, if you actually try the code it's not like it kills your game at all, it's just more immediate, you just have to relearn some timing which doesn't take long.

The Cape

Smash Master
Zxeon I agree with you.

Anticipation counts for ALOT while playing smash.

@Swordplay:
If we considered the little guy in everything this game would honestly play offer. Its still easy to pick up and be competitive, but it takes time, patience and practice to get truely formidable.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Zxeon I agree with you.

Anticipation counts for ALOT while playing smash.

@Swordplay:
If we considered the little guy in everything this game would honestly play offer. Its still easy to pick up and be competitive, but it takes time, patience and practice to get truely formidable.
but when your back room comes to a decision even if there is so much opposition against it the point becomes nullified.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Playing with the two buffer tonight, I felt most characters play just fine. Took a whole night to get decent with the 2 buffer but we got it. What sucks is trying to Thunderstorm and full jump n-air with Snake (among other things). On 2 buffer most character feel great but a few characters and techniques are just a little too restrictive.

Either way my vote is a 2 or a 3 buffer. 2 is great for about 90% of the cast but a few characters were a chore to play tonight.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Playing with the two buffer tonight, I felt most characters play just fine. Took a whole night to get decent with the 2 buffer but we got it. What sucks is trying to Thunderstorm and full jump n-air with Snake (among other things). On 2 buffer most character feel great but a few characters and techniques are just a little too restrictive.

Either way my vote is a 2 or a 3 buffer. 2 is great for about 90% of the cast but a few characters were a chore to play tonight.

I don't have a problem with low buffer whatsoever but I want every character to be able to function exactly the same way like they did in their default buffer.

zxeon

Smash Lord

It's not a chore to have to know your character. Those two things are feats of perfect timing they will require some practice to pull off.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
It's not a chore to have to know your character. Those two things are feats of perfect timing they will require some practice to pull off.
I know. It was a jarring change but I got better as the night went on. Still there is no denying it's a whole lot tougher.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
A quick PSA as I've heard it mentioned around the forums a few times:

At this point in time, we will not be using the size modifier code. If you still use this code, it is recommended that you remove it from your set, as in its current form it will never be implemented into the official brawl+. The dealbreaker was that B moves do not scale, thus serving as a buff to most recoveries, among others (buffing mk's tornado is a good thing, right?).

As for the buffer discussion going on here...

I support a 2 to 3 frame window as long as we're not experiencing any glitches with it.

BEES

Smash Lord
I tried 1 buffer for a while, but I got some serious fatigue after a few hours. It feels like pressing down on the buttons, moving the analog, I have to do it more forcefully to get things done.

Reminds me of the fatigue I used to get after several hours of Melee.

Went back to 2 buffer, and I think I'd prefer 3 if we had it. Sorry, guess I'm not much of a masochist.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^I never got tired of playing melee. Then again, I play Marth (a very technical Marth though).

You don't have to be any more forceful...you just have to wait until you can actually do the moves.

Although admittedly, I think a lot of people would prefer 3 buffer (I love 2 buffer though)

kupo15

Smash Hero
It's not that tough to do your moves yourself. You'd be amazed at what you can pull off if you stop doubting yourself.

Btw I've clocked my reaction time at 132ms consistently before playing Mario Party. Average reaction time means nothing here. That isn't even counting the amount of anticipation skillful players use in their strategies.
Wow I can actually agree with you! So anticipation of counter moves plus the start up lag from moves gives you a pretty big window to be efficient at 1 buffer. I tried 2 buffering went back to 1. I love 1 buffer, too bad I need to use a 16 liner.

kupo15

Smash Hero
It works pretty good. I still like 1 buffer but if we need to save lines, I "guess" I'll go to 2 but I don't want to because it feels less accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom