• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I can do the claw consistently at 2 frames. The flashing really helps. Wow the claw is really easy. I can jump like a whole olimar height and it works

zxeon

Smash Lord
People just like being sloppy and having Brawl hold their hands when things get difficult. Learn to actually do your attacks. Don't rely on AI assistance.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
If actionID=tumble, set buffer=10. Voila.
Could we use this method to do a makeshift tech window mod? (by setting buffer during tumble to 20)
it would, of course, have some side effects

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
People just like being sloppy and having Brawl hold their hands when things get difficult. Learn to actually do your attacks. Don't rely on AI assistance.
So lets make things harder for the sake of making it harder? Right, I'm sorry a lot of my tactics are based around buffer and I have to change because people don't want to get used to it.

Learn to not mash.

zxeon

Smash Lord
So lets make things harder for the sake of making it harder? Right, I'm sorry a lot of my tactics are based around buffer and I have to change because people don't want to get used to it.

Learn to not mash.
Because ducking after shines with Fox is so much fun not to mention ducking after SHFFLs and turning around.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^If you press down within 8 frames of landing (neutral landing lag is like 2 frames or something), then you'll duck when you land. You can counteract this by holding another direction as you land, but you'll just do that action instead (if you hold back you'll turn around, if you hold shield you'll...shield. If you hold forward you'll start walking forward, but that can be canceled by any action anyway).

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I don't think I've ever ducked after s shff, and I'm using 3 frame buffer on the one liner code. Someone told me that it works great. Would anyone try it?

It's be nicer to use that code since it conserves lines.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Can people try this code and provide feedback? It would preserve lines if it works out. I don't get the crouch after a sffl problem unless I really try.

0485B784 38600002

GPDP

Smash Ace
I tried it, kupo. I don't crouch after shffls.

Thing is, this code is weird. I can thunderstorm, but sometimes it doesn't work out, at least not as consistently as with the 16 line code. However, I can do Marth's double fair much more easily with this one than with the other one.

This is with 1 buffer, btw.

Finns7

Smash Ace
You dont have to turn around and crouch with 10, Maybe its because I play brawl more than melee or 64 so idk. Brawls buffer doesnt make the game uncompetitive. You can say it takes less skill to just input something then learn your attack length or w/e but cmon....i mean cmon is that a skill thats needed, honestly

When I played 64 it felt smooth...because I had 64 nothing else, in order to be good I had to learn the timings

In Melee it felt smooth...because it was all I had, I adjusted and got used to melee's buffer

Brawl...I had brawl and I would switch back and forth but utimately gave in to brawl because of having no scene (johns) any way I adjusted and develouped techs/movements/w/e that feel the best with brawls system. In time Brawls system actually felt better.

I dont see how this "skill" of learning your move timings is worth it. I could very well say learn your fast fall timings with 10 just dont buffer in a crouch, tap it at the right frame. Maybe im testing wrong but im sure i did a shff nair with mario the other day and didnt crouch.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Kupo, do you think you'd be able to send me a GCT File with the 2 frame buffer code in it to try out with the current code list? Or someone else? I currently can't modify my codes to test it out for myself.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I dont see how this "skill" of learning your move timings is worth it. I could very well say learn your fast fall timings with 10 just dont buffer in a crouch, tap it at the right frame. Maybe im testing wrong but im sure i did a shff nair with mario the other day and didnt crouch.
Do a fair with Marth while DIing backwards as you land (you'll turn around) Do a FFl'd fair as well, landing during the fair (you'll crouch). This is with tapping the control stick btw.

With 10 buffer, you can't press down or back within 10 frames of being able to move when you land, or you will get the buffered action (unless you cancel that action with another action, like holding forward to walk before your buffered action comes out).

I mean really, do you really need a full 1/6 of a second of leeway for timing attacks?

izzy24

Smash Ace
Hey guys i showed B+ to some vB players and they liked it exepct for some small stuff. My friend that plays peach says she falls to fast since her 2nd jump doesn't help much and everyone hated the buffer time since they couldn't punish out of shield.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Hey guys i showed B+ to some vB players and they liked it exepct for some small stuff. My friend that plays peach says she falls to fast since her 2nd jump doesn't help much and everyone hated the buffer time since they couldn't punish out of shield.
Punishing out of shield...is shield stun. Not buffering.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Do a fair with Marth while DIing backwards as you land (you'll turn around) Do a FFl'd fair as well, landing during the fair (you'll crouch). This is with tapping the control stick btw.

With 10 buffer, you can't press down or back within 10 frames of being able to move when you land, or you will get the buffered action (unless you cancel that action with another action, like holding forward to walk before your buffered action comes out).

I mean really, do you really need a full 1/6 of a second of leeway for timing attacks?
Most the times I will cancel the action by walking/dashing, I don't see what the big deal is with crouching if you're plan is to stay stationary anyways. It just seems really minor.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^And if I change my mind and want to actually do something?

I don't see what the big deal is with lowering the buffer either. After all, if you know how long your attacks last it really doesn't make a difference (lol @ actually practicing), other than that you now have the flexibility to change your mind and react to things without being stuck in an action that you hadn't intended in the first place.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Once again, I think most of us agree that a 10 frame buffer is too lax but I think a lot of us and many of the newer players we will adopt will feel that 0-1 is too strict. If this 2 buffer works it's a start, I feel 3 or 4 will be best. Time will tell...

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
At the same time it makes it awkward to do things that you do intend to do. Its unnecessary and if you're smart the game doesn't feel any less reaction-based with a few more frames.

And even if you do practice its doubtful you'll get the same frame-perfect aerials. Its noticeable when you play with buffer how much more height you can gain with an aerial pattern, while without buffer you're forced to mash and probably still won't get that same height that you could with frame-perfection.

kupo15

Smash Hero
At the same time it makes it awkward to do things that you do intend to do. Its unnecessary and if you're smart the game doesn't feel any less reaction-based with a few more frames.

And even if you do practice its doubtful you'll get the same frame-perfect aerials. Its noticeable when you play with buffer how much more height you can gain with an aerial pattern, while without buffer you're forced to mash and probably still won't get that same height that you could with frame-perfection.
Bolded. Are you saying that you should restrict yourself to the moves and situations that the buffer doesn't screw you up?

Practice makes perfect. 1 frame is not awkward to me at all. I can do flying knees off the stage so that falcon is out of camera view and still know when to time the recovery perfectly to make it back without seeing an animation change. Heck, if some of the scrub players at my gamers club can handle it, no one has the right to complain.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^You're not forced to mash at all. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about when you mention all this mashing bull****. Just time your aerials.

It's no different than Marth's SHDF in melee, or Fox's upthrow->uair (Fox could jump much earlier than most people think. You don't even have to wait for the lasers to get to them), or attacking after getting hit by a laser, or shining when you get up from the ground, or a bunch of other little techs in melee. Mashing doesn't work, so you just don't. Instead, you sit down, play some matches, and try out different timings where your move does come out, slowly working your way towards faster speeds until it stops coming out, at which point you slow down a little and start the process. It's called practicing.

Why should frame perfection be easy? Frame perfection isn't even possible in most fighting games (even the ones with buffer), you just kinda get close to it.

It's noticeable when you play without buffer how much more you get to react to changing situations, without limiting yourself to an action that you input a long time ago, while with buffer you're forced to sit through this undesired action and probably won't get the same results that you could if you were just in a neutral position like you had wanted in the first place.

Removing buffering does have small benefits, but it has absolutely no costs (assuming that you're willing to...learn your character), so I don't see why we shouldn't remove it. If certain things are litterally impossible (not you just being lazy), then maybe we could find a medium buffer setting (I personally think anything higher than 4 frames is just being lazy. Fox's SHDL had a smaller window than that and people seem to do that just fine)

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol darksonic, you always time your ^^ at the wrong time or I just keep getting in your way.

I think anything above 2 is being lazy. I already feel sloppy at 2 frames

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'm somewhat confused -- does the most recent one liner work consistently for 2 frames? Thanks.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The only button mashing that I know of that comes out of low buffering is when your trying to attack out of hitstun. Sometimes, I'll press the button too early and nothing happens, but that isn't really a problem that can be correct by simply pressing it again. Also, actions out of Fox's shine require more timing.

I wouldn't go over 3 buffer frame window.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
I think most everyone can agree that a 2 buffer is the best starting point, it will make all the 1 people and 3 people happy and that way adjusting from a 2 to a 1 or 3 is not a huge step and vise versa.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
^^You're not forced to mash at all. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about when you mention all this mashing bull****. Just time your aerials.

It's no different than Marth's SHDF in melee, or Fox's upthrow->uair (Fox could jump much earlier than most people think. You don't even have to wait for the lasers to get to them), or attacking after getting hit by a laser, or shining when you get up from the ground, or a bunch of other little techs in melee. Mashing doesn't work, so you just don't. Instead, you sit down, play some matches, and try out different timings where your move does come out, slowly working your way towards faster speeds until it stops coming out, at which point you slow down a little and start the process. It's called practicing.

Why should frame perfection be easy? Frame perfection isn't even possible in most fighting games (even the ones with buffer), you just kinda get close to it.

It's noticeable when you play without buffer how much more you get to react to changing situations, without limiting yourself to an action that you input a long time ago, while with buffer you're forced to sit through this undesired action and probably won't get the same results that you could if you were just in a neutral position like you had wanted in the first place.

Removing buffering does have small benefits, but it has absolutely no costs (assuming that you're willing to...learn your character), so I don't see why we shouldn't remove it. If certain things are litterally impossible (not you just being lazy), then maybe we could find a medium buffer setting (I personally think anything higher than 4 frames is just being lazy. Fox's SHDL had a smaller window than that and people seem to do that just fine)
Timing your aerials isn't going to get you the same height. I'm through arguing as its just annoying when nobody understands your playstyle.

Kupo, I'm not saying to restrict yourself. Buffer in no way restricts you. You just have to be mindful of what you mash.

You guys aren't as affected by it because you don't use the same techniques I do in a practical manner. Obviously good players can learn to take advantage of both buffer and no buffer but theres no reason you should have to mash to get your moves out the instant you want them when you can do it effortlessly with buffer. Learning to time your aerials is not the same no matter whats possible, its just not practical and won't give you the same results 90% of the time.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Then you need to explain these techniques that we apparently don't know. What do you mean you don't get the same height?

If you can't control when the buffer works, it restricts you. When you have a system where your character does stuff when you and only you tell it too, then you are unrestricted. Buffering is like the middle man when trying to relay a message to a friend. The wrong message gets sent when circumstances change.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
How are you not telling your character what to do with buffer? You pressed the button, the character performs the move. You are the one directly controlling it, whether you make a mistake is your fault alone, not the games. Having to deal with controls rather than your opponent is different though. If you can plan ahead your moves you should be able to do them.

I'm talking about simple aerial patterns, the ones I mentioned earlier. Buffer is essential to my Ivysuar. Bair Uair can gain nice height with buffer, and I can then buffer that into a dashdance or pivot grab. Its fluid, its seamless, and its great mindgames when I can actually gain decent height from it. Without buffer I felt like I was mashing the button to get Uair to come out at the right time and I still couldn't pull off the Uair as early as I could before.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
Blank Mauser what he is saying is what you tell the character to do is delayed, if you tell it to do something and then your opponent does something you didn't expect, you have already put in your input for that future moment.

This way your input is much closer to your action so you don't have to anticipate as much and your moves are more real time, in relation to when you press it.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Doing frame perfect instant aerials is impossible with 0 buffer for some odd reason. Even on 1/4 speed, it's impossible to auto-cancel Ganon's Dair. I don't believe anyone has looked into why 0 buffer does this but if it could be fixed I would most definitely use it. Hell, I'm using 0 now anyways, and I'll probably keep using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom