• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Air, Hilt agree's with that statement :p

MLG was super fun! The peach mains were really awesome and most of the others were awesome too. Mikehaze left my area of the midwest maaaaaad after he lost to ook and was like "Wow, I lost to someone this bad? blah blah blah."

Thanks a lot to the peach mains haha. I'm really sorry if I was reeally socially awkward hahaha >.<; and it was really fun talking to you all and watching you play when I could.

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
Hi all! For those I met at MLG this weekend, I'm sorry we didn't get to play more! Even if I didn't learn all I could, I learned a lot. A-lot-a-lot.

For those I did not meet at MLG, here's a profile dealy!

Mothuzad 'Peachy' Keen

Tournament/Casual Player
(right outside) Columbus, Ohio

My name is Cory, and I am 22 years old. I have a hard time taking anything seriously, but I often overreact ridiculously when I'm having fun. This happens lots with Smash Bros. I've been Smashing since the 64, but I had no main until Melee, where I picked up Peach. I've stuck with her in Brawl, and over the past year I've started to get decent. My favorite move is definitely Vegetable. I love all the AT's associated with it (though I do not know them all--yet!). Plus, I got so many Stitchies and Bomb-ombs this weekend. It was beautiful. Anyway, I've been out of mainstream Smash until recently, and more than anything, I'm eager to learn.

Thanks for reading!

gantrain05

Smash Master
when is the next MLG? i reaaaaally want to go and it sucks i missed this one, i just have no transportation lol, so if anyone plans on going (cook/nicole) i may bum around with u guys if u are going lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
About 20 different people thought I was gay. This is getting ridiculous... T.T

And Loli is mean to me. xD

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
congrats to Mikey!

Hi all! For those I met at MLG this weekend, I'm sorry we didn't get to play more! Even if I didn't learn all I could, I learned a lot. A-lot-a-lot.

For those I did not meet at MLG, here's a profile dealy!

Mothuzad 'Peachy' Keen

Tournament/Casual Player
(right outside) Columbus, Ohio

hey honey! welcome :3

And Loli is mean to me. xD
lol

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
when is the next MLG? i reaaaaally want to go and it sucks i missed this one, i just have no transportation lol, so if anyone plans on going (cook/nicole) i may bum around with u guys if u are going lol.
Raleigh, NC - August 27th-29th

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Nice to see everyone had fun at mlg. Just wait for APEX when me, hiROI, Peachkid, Mikey and hopefully White Peach are in the same area. Its gonna be the loudest ***** fight ever! For anyone that thought we were loud before at pound. And Ihop sounds like quite a plan.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Interesting true fact: you look a lot better without the hilarious trucker hat.
heh, well i would have been wearing it but i forgot the bag with all my clothes in columbia, so i had to stop at my parents house in STL and grab some - said hilarious trucker hat is not kept there, because my parents would probably be mortified by it or something...

also, @jlo, me and andrew are going to the dallas MLG. I don't think we're going to raleigh but I guess it's a possibility.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Guess I'll test out my abilities and start my smash training. First what I am gonna do is start playing melee. Just chill with the CPU and do all the techincal stuff as fast as I can with mutiple characters. Once it is second nature, I will go on to brawl and do the same thing just with Peach. Then play the CPU Level 3. Then move on to Level. Then to complete the day, play people on wifi. Then go back to my usual training of the body and mind. I'm running from my house to the pier at night. Then back. But I think I might chill at the pier and check out the river and boats. Work out some more then finish the day off with the anime I am watching.

plus5keen

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the welcomes! This is fun!

Huh. Is it because you play Peach? (By the way, I was the person trying to ditto match you, but never found the time. It's fine, you'd have toasted me anyway. Someday though. Someday!)

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Question~

How do I know if I have the LAG SETUP? I have the sneaking suspicion that the TV I've been playing brawl on since day1 might be the bad kind :( I was playing at my friend's house and things were a little wonky (he still couldnt beat my peach <3). Usually, I always thought I had "nervous fingers" so things felt different (my heart always POUNDS in a tournament match) and I feel jittery. But I was over his house and the game still felt different, and I was not nervous in the least around him of all people so~ how do I know? My friend's TV was just the big old kind, and the one I play brawl on at my house is a really big flat kind (not superflat, the thing is huge). Is there a way to find out if it's the bad kind to play smash on?

In other (somewhat related) news, I can UAir string in matches. At least against my friend :p It's so sexy just wrecking the **** out of a little lag.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Question~

Usually, I always thought I had "nervous fingers" so things felt different (my heart always POUNDS in a tournament match) and I feel jittery.
Wow, that sounds exactly like me. It really ruins the way I play in tourny and I keep trying to find ways around it. It really annoys the eff out of me though :(

About the laggy tv though, NL told me that 1080i for HD TV resolution is laggy and 1080p is non-laggy.

This may be able to help too: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=558125

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Mikey is AMAZING! And surprisingly KB is straight. @_@

Nice photo's! xD You guys should've done this pose...

My fav Peach taunt! xD

Top Bottom