• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
heeeeeeeeey guys! to everyone i met at MLG i love you all btw guys...Nicole won't agree with me but PERSONALLY i thought she was sooo amazing and beautiful <3 and I loved you all!!!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i have to miss apex but and i miiiiiiiiiiiiight go to mlg raleigh but if I don't I am for sure goin' to mlg dallas and I just have to hope you pplz go

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Anyone up for wifi before I end my day of smash and go to my training for the night?
Sure I'll play some. I have a character in mind who I want to get back into practice with.

Hint: it's my old main, newly inspired by someone who did extremely well with that character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This area and it's wifi blows. I so wish I could set up DSL here. Can't wait till I move out and get an apartment next year.

Guess my day of smash is done. And I could not even test out my execution against people thanks to wifi around here being stupid. Well I am gonna head on to my training then and give smash a rest. Later boys.

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I miss you :(
I miss you too <3 I wanna play you again btw at the next ZP cuz i played ironboots and she was rlly good i kind of wanna see what you guys do differently besides you getting luckier with bombs :-p tho she pulled out a sword i think it was O_O scary lol but yeah also with my MLG lvl up i wanna see how i do against u :D love u

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I miss you too <3 I wanna play you again btw at the next ZP cuz i played ironboots and she was rlly good i kind of wanna see what you guys do differently besides you getting luckier with bombs :-p tho she pulled out a sword i think it was O_O scary lol but yeah also with my MLG lvl up i wanna see how i do against u :D love u
But when I play with you im usually having fun.... you want me to put on my try pants?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I was kind of wondering if I could request the revival of the secondary thread or start my own. After MLG, I realized that I really really need a secondary. I want to choose someone that I enjoy and that actually helps Peach. I think that the thread could help if anyone ever feels like I do right now. The thread we have right now is old and is probably outdated, so with the advancing metagame, I'm sure there are new things that would both help and harm a character when it comes to secondaring them with Peach.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't see a problem with it Joey but there are players like myself that use just Peach. You can make the thread but its if people will go in and post is what the real question is.

And yes Bri I will try my best to play my best. But I can't promise. Your one of the friends I could have fun outside of smash. =)

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
I know I am thats why after we play we should go to the hard rock cafe lol or to a club xD but i know the hard rock is across the street :-p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was kind of wondering if I could request the revival of the secondary thread or start my own. After MLG, I realized that I really really need a secondary. I want to choose someone that I enjoy and that actually helps Peach. I think that the thread could help if anyone ever feels like I do right now. The thread we have right now is old and is probably outdated, so with the advancing metagame, I'm sure there are new things that would both help and harm a character when it comes to secondaring them with Peach.
The thread is a waste of time for a subject like this. No one should be telling you who to play. You decided who you like and wanna play. Not forced by opinions. It is you're own preference.

I don't think anyone told you to main Peach. You most likely did it cause you like her style of just the character. No one told you when you got the game to just pick Peach out of thier opinion. If you wanna use someone that is fun for a secondary, no one can tell you that. You and your taste decided what is fun. Not someones opinion. It's your decision. For no one holds the controller for you and does the work for you.

But I tell you this. If you really wanna win that bad, the best secondary is Meta Knight. And this is not an opinion. It is a fact.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
How as in my playstyle or how as in "How in the hell does this guy even use her if he would say something like that?"

I play a more airial Peach to say the least. I don't use as many turnips as I should because I spend most of my time in the air.

I use Peach because she's my favorite and personal best right now. I really enjoy her playstyle and her airial ability, and her turnips are really fun to abuse and she's just really really fun. It may just be me that want's the thread then haha. Sorry for bringing it up.

Metatitan

Smash Master
A little aggressive there Dark.

Actually Joey this is actually the perfect place to ask since bumping an old thread isn't necessary and this is a GENERAL DISCUSSION thread.

It really all depends on the matchups you feel weak against. Peach can handle most of the cast except for mk, so most characters that go even/slight disadvantage against mk are probably best. Or mk himself (but if you second mk you may as well main him). I guess from that list of characters, pick the one you have the most fun with/have advantages against characters you struggle against as peach.

Purple

Hi guys!
So basically this is what i'm hearing from you.

• You like abusing your turnips, however you don't use them often because you're in the air often.
  • You enjoy her playstyle ; i'm assuming that her playstyle is racking damage, being aerial, and having items to throw.
Perhaps you can try Toon Link? He has a great aerial game from what I last remembered, and as well as a great projectile game. I find you'll come across the same problems you have as Peach that you would as Toon Link though. You could also try falco and abuse his jab, aerials, and damage racking via chaingrab (however his aerial maneuvering isn't as good as Peach's).

However you're also looking for more wins. Since you're looking for a character who fits Peach's play style of spacing out your opponent, and having good aerials and such, Metaknight WOULD be your best choice, then maybe Falco. However you have to understand that wins don't immediately come just because you switch your character. Using MK will make wins come faster or easier, however you will reach the same plateau that you are reaching with Peach. Perhaps you should try to learn more with Peach. Considering you actually enjoy Peach as a character, you have no reason not to play someone you enjoy the most out of the roster.

tl;dr - I recommend that you keep using Peach, and try to learn different ways to play Peach, before you decide that changing characters is the best option.

P.S - I do whole-heartedly agree with Dark.Pch and his message. However in a kinder way of saying it, the idea that you're asking people to help you find a secondary, kind of means that you don't know much about the game yourself. In a sense, I'm saying perhaps you should play the game for yourself, and find a character that's fun, then learn how to play them, instead of the other way around.

Purple

Hi guys!

Oh look, something I don't care about ♥. But seriously, this video is really long. I'm watching it right now. So far, the video itself is really cool. I like the gay guy army thing going on :|.

As usual, Lady Gaga looks barbaric

...Okay seriously, is she going to sing any time soon? Two and a half minutes of intro is ridiculous.

Nice accent Lady Gaga. Oh, now the the song is on, I actually know this song. It sounds so much different then how Lady Gaga usually sounds, I'd be surprised that it was even made by Lady Gaga. I'd like to see Lady Gaga do something different, like her songs always have a sort of depression to them, and she always does that thing where she rubs her face slowly in a vertical motion. I also hate that hair-style she has when she is half naked, it look disgusting to me in mix with her pale skin.

my song :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4InIiRDnhLA&feature=related

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I asked for an opinion because I go through this phase a LOT. I have fun with the game when I have more than 1 character to choose from. Metaknight makes me feel like I don't have any other character to choose from besides him, so I don't use him. I've tried MANY characters to secondary with Peach, but I can't really tell which ones work and which ones don't. Toonlink would make a lot of sense. I was honestly thinking Pit or ZSS at first, but I don't really know how those two would work. I'm not really looking to win, I'm looking for another option to have fun to go along with Peach.

Top Bottom