• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

hiROI

Smash Lord
I'm a bit homophobic, less so when I'm around the Peach boards, none of my friends in real are gay so it's kinda scary to be around gay people. Again nothing against gays I'm not a heterosexist just homophobic.

G-Virus ftl, Peach boards are still win thou.
Wha..Wha...What is this?

I'm going to turn to a lurker now~

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Phobia is an irrational Fear of something, like Arachnophobia, It doesn't necessarily mean you hate Spiders. I just don't socialize with any gay people (anyone openly at least) because I don't know anyone that's gay. So it's a kind of irrational fear for people I haven't met before.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm a bit homophobic, less so when I'm around the Peach boards, none of my friends in real are gay so it's kinda scary to be around gay people. Again nothing against gays I'm not a heterosexist just homophobic.

What what would be the need to be afraid of gay people? I really see no need to unles you are afraid of being hit on by one.

I use to be homophobic. But then realized.....it is stupid to be like that. gay people are just people who like the the same sex as them. Some might come off as a lil effimente (how ever you spell that) girly, or more sensitive. many ways a guy gay would act from a straight guy. But I ask you this. where in the law or w/e the laws that people live by state it is a crime to be like that? That is is wrong to like thwe same sex or act a way you want to.

Gays can't be who they are cause people think it is wrong. Ok, **** those people, they don't run the others. They can't sit here and tell you what to be attracted to or how you act. You create who you are, not let other fools do it.

You fear your friends would make fun of you if you talked to gay people and think you are gay? Ok, guess what, they really not your friends and are immature fools. I have a few gay friends.And I think about 2 of them irl hit on me. I told the dudes that I don't swing that way. I don't mind being friends with them cause he was ****** as a person. But I like girls. He understood and we are still cool as to this day.

Gay people make act a lil different then what we are use to with our gender, but who gives a damm? The hell with what people might think and as strange asthis sounds, the hell with what you think. If you are seriously afraid one will hit on you, just be a man and tell them that you are straight and not into them like that. Most gay people are mature about it and just let it be. And will still be good friends. I give gay people more respect and maturity points much more then straight men cause......they seriously just dont give a **** and do/act/feel/say/express what they want. They just don't care. And nether should you.

Thought I raised you freaking kids better than this.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Phobia is an irrational Fear of something, like Arachnophobia, It doesn't necessarily mean you hate Spiders. I just don't socialize with any gay people (anyone openly at least) because I don't know anyone that's gay. So it's a kind of irrational fear for people I haven't met before.
but your comfy on the peach boards? :O

mind=blown

<3 Dark. Pch

ADHD

Smash Hero

U r really hot.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I was homophobic a couple of years ago, but that was more due to thoughts of disagreeing with the act rather than anything else. Unfortunately, I don't do gay people many favours, since I conform to practically every gay stereotype except for the camp voice...

When it comes to homophobia, I'm just glad I don't live in Sudan, Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia, Iran or Yemen. In those countries, gay people are executed!

It's very sad that there are more countries which kill gay people than there are which have gay marriages....

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
So I actually read the last couple of pages. Usually I can never keep up with these discussions, but I just had to quote a line from this book I'm reading for my Foundations of Social Justice course.

The author wrote: "There is nothing inherently frightening about what we don't know. If we feel afraid, it isn't what we don't now what frightens us, it's what we think we do know." -Alan G. Johnson

He goes on to talk about how we create our own images in our minds that basically impairs us. People think the worst sometimes when they stereotype. In the case of homosexuals, it's like Drk. Pch said, perhaps homophobic people are frightened they will get hit on or whatever. So they stay away from them and avoid any contact. So yes, they create this nasty image of that gay guy, when in reality, chances are the guy is calm and acts like any normal person.

The book is called "Privilege, Power, and Difference" by Allan G. Johnson in case you guys are interested in reading on about social issues. Social Work FTW! ^_^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Here is a quote my doctor told me the other day to add to that.

"Don't believe everything that you think"

One of the best quote/advice I have ever heard.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Homophobic people aren't ever hot anyway. KB is my baby <3

But yeah, alot of gay people freak me out. I guess homophobia is sometimes allowable.

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
I added you Dark, Mike L. If your wondering who.

Btw guys I get gay jokes thrown at me all the time for playing Peach. Am I the only one?

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Don't worry about it Kyon, I know it's a compliment and I can change my point of view in time :).

Friendship comes first.

Top Bottom