• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
mmm pp wants to prove he's the dern best.

whiscash >>> mewtwo.

CATFISH BABYYYYYY

edit: i think this was my 3000th post.

what a drag.

CATFISH FOR LIFE!

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Mango wins Pound 5.
Ranks 2nd.
MIND IS BLOWN.
Seriously though, I think that's fair, it's pretty much the biggest thing since Pound 4 anyway ^^

GREENTHUMB

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango
2-6. Armada, Dr PP, M2k, HBox, Amsah
7-10. Jman. Axe, Wobbles, Lucky

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
1. rubyiris
2. rubyiris
3. rubyiris
4. rubyiris
5. rubyiris
6. rubyiris
7. rubyiris
8. rubyiris
9. rubyiris
10. eikelmann

Merkuri

Smash Lord
ummm...you do know that lucky 3-0'd zhu at DGDTJ :embarrass:
Lucky may win the head to head, but Zhu outplaces or pulls even with him at every national tournament. The best examples are probably Genesis and Apex, with Zhu at 4 and 7th and Lucky 17th and 17th respectively. Zhu > Lucky. Lucky only out places Zhu at some California tournaments.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
"some" california tournaments

some major recent regional/national tournament where he 3-0'd zhu

get at the kid.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
pp i dont know if im entering pound5 cuz it makes me suck at brawl but its annoying to hear when i lose to someone once they are suddenly better. They did it with KDJ immediately, PC (sometimes), Chu occasionally, Amsah, you, Armada, Hbox, Mango, like anyone that beats me or outranks me at a big tourney even if i have a great tourney record before then is now better but I have to outplace them many times to ever be considered better and i think that's unfair
Sorry..? I have out placed you at the only tournament we've been together, beat the person that kicked you out of the tournament and I have a better tourney record..

I'm not saying anything, just saying..:redface:

GREENTHUMB

Smash Apprentice
zhu has been losing it recently, he ain't as raw as he used to be. maybe he is just rusty or it's a mindset problem.

strawhats

Smash Master
Sorry..? I have out placed you at the only tournament we've been together, beat the person that kicked you out of the tournament and I have a better tourney record..

I'm not saying anything, just saying..:redface:
head to head....i wonder who'd win you or m2k.

time will tell.

lwouis

Smash Cadet
I read Wobbles post, and felt sad that he didn't get recognized enough. So I went to Youtube to find this amazing match I remembered of him playing so beautifully.

But I found this instead lol. Don't take it bad though, I just found the end dead funny. I love you Wobbles if you read me. Keep up the unique and intellectual playstyle.

When I want to watch complex matches, I always turn to Wobbles, the amazing Hugs, or even HMW—this guy is not praised enough too. He's really a thoughtful player. A little defensive sometimes, but very clever playstyle. Oh and the three of them play lower-tiers characters, so thanks for entertaining the rest of us with interesting matchups :)

Oh God I almost forgot to thank HMW for his Youtube channel and commentary. He's helping Melee live outside of the US a great deal.

Amide

Smash Lord
Lol I think the PP>M2k argument is kinda different from the Amsah>M2k one. M2k beat the guy who sent PP to losers at rom 3, and lost the tournament by like one match, and this is like the only time he's been beaten by him. Not enough to change ranks yet I think, even if PP's control in the matches makes it look like he'll be placed above m2k soon.

strawhats

Smash Master
Plank is thinking about making Losers Semis a Round Robin affair so say its down to Armada, Amsah, PP/M2K, Hbox, and mango is in GFs they'll play whoever gets taken out in WFs.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Lucky may win the head to head, but Zhu outplaces or pulls even with him at every national tournament. The best examples are probably Genesis and Apex, with Zhu at 4 and 7th and Lucky 17th and 17th respectively. Zhu > Lucky. Lucky only out places Zhu at some California tournaments.
I think I actually outplace him in socal tournies but he sandbags wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hard at locals. imo he has a lot more potential than I do and you see it come out at bigger tournies like gsg2 where he loses to Fly, then beats a him back / other people including Taj / Hbox / etc that I'm not too confident against.

But yeah Lucky > me because honestly he has a better chance of beating the other top 10. He's beaten Amsah / Hbox / PP and... I don't think I can =(

That said, I think I've finally overcome my fear of ICs (at least a little bit) and I'm gonna relearn spacy / sheik / whatever other problem matchups I have. I decided on not going to Pound but maybe I'll randomly change my mind or something loool.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
aw zhu i am sad you cant come to pound..... it will be too good. no zhu is definitely a huge hit on everyones entertainment value, including my own. hopefully next time.....oh wait =(

guess we will have to end our tourney record at 1-0 ohyeahhh

lol2008

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
aw zhu i am sad you cant come to pound..... it will be too good. no zhu is definitely a huge hit on everyones entertainment value, including my own. hopefully next time.....oh wait =(

guess we will have to end our tourney record at 1-0 ohyeahhh

lol2008
You know I've been very moody this break, but I think I kinda wanna go again.

a;skfja;ksfja;sfas;lkjesk;fajs;

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL zhu, no one sand bags at locals except for mango.

They just play bad or show up under-prepared. No one wants to lose on purpose, except mango. Lucky isn't an exception. If he does insanely well at a national, it's because he went in prepared. When he does well at a local, it's because he was prepared.

When he does poorly at a national, no one just says "well he sandbagged". So why do we do make that an excuse at locals?

I don't like this distinction you continue to make between locals and nationals. Our locals are nearly national caliber competitions. So if you, or anyone, loses there, it's because you went in unprepared or you were playing awful. There isn't some magic force behind locals that causes you and lucky to do poorly. Lucky loses to fly and macD at locals the same way he can lose to them at a national. You think he really wanted to lose to fly, macD, me?

If it takes a larger stage for one to be motivated enough to prepare, then OK. Locals don't motivate some players enough to prepare, so as a result, they don't do that well at locals. But it's a lack of preparation that causes a ****ty performance, not the fact that it's a local. So when a big name player loses to a lesser known at a local, it's the player's fault for not preparing or playing awful, not the fact that it's a local, that would be silly. If someone got ***** at a local, I promise you they would have gotten ***** at a national if it took place on the same day.

Everyone cares to win even if they don't care to prepare.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
good post hugo, i totally agree

between practicing, sleep, good nutrition, how warmed up you are, and your ability to handle the stress of the tournament it is INSANE how much things can change. its not necessarely always sandbagging :)

edit::: well this IS the smash community, so i guess what drug you are on and/or suffering from the next day makes a big difference too

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
LoL zhu, no one sand bags at locals except for mango.

They just play bad or show up under-prepared. No one wants to lose on purpose, except mango. Lucky isn't an exception. If he does insanely well at a national, it's because he went in prepared. When he does well at a local, it's because he was prepared.

When he does poorly at a national, no one just says "well he sandbagged". So why do we do make that an excuse at locals?

I don't like this distinction you continue to make between locals and nationals. Our locals are nearly national caliber competitions. So if you, or anyone, loses there, it's because you went in unprepared or you were playing awful. There isn't some magic force behind locals that causes you and lucky to do poorly. Lucky loses to fly and macD at locals the same way he can lose to them at a national. You think he really wanted to lose to fly, macD, me?

If it takes a larger stage for one to be motivated enough to prepare, then OK. Locals don't motivate some players enough to prepare, so as a result, they don't do that well at locals. But it's a lack of preparation that causes a ****ty performance, not the fact that it's a local. So when a big name player loses to a lesser known at a local, it's the player's fault for not preparing or playing awful, not the fact that it's a local, that would be silly. If someone got ***** at a local, I promise you they would have gotten ***** at a national if it took place on the same day.

Everyone cares to win even if they don't care to prepare.
mmm ok, I'll think in terms of your last paragraph before johning for myself / others in socal.

Armada

Smash Lord
"I decided on not going to Pound but maybe I'll randomly change my mind or something loool"

Really bad descission man =(.
I wanna see you there.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Why must people even debate this topic.
It is too opinion based, and some people are just stupid fanboys....
My favorite smasher is ORLY's #1 fan though...

Renth

Smash Hero
Hello, you have never heard of me. This is my opinion I base nothing off of facts, it's completely biased and if you argue with me I will tell you that you're dumb.

I just summed up this entire thread you're welcome.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Hello, you have never heard of me. This is my opinion I base nothing off of facts, it's completely biased and if you argue with me I will tell you that you're dumb.

I just summed up this entire thread you're welcome.
This is exactly how these threads always go, but people ****ing make them anyway

Top Bottom