• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
@NeutralDamage

No, Ken is rusty and does not play the game as well as he used to. Mango clearly retains his skill as he ***** at friendlies during the course of current tournaments. If you want to argue about something interesting, do not include Mango in the discussion, admit he's the best, and commence arguing about the other 10 or so.

I know you were trying to prove a point, but it's going to fall on deaf ears, and people that "care" will read it the wrong way.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Also, it doesn't matter if Mango actually supposedly "tries" for once

even if he did he has all his SoCal buddies to John for him.

Hence he has achieved

RANKING IMMORTALITY

Lmao, if I beat his Puff at Pound 5 AND won the tournament there would still be people johning for him, saying Falco's his best character or that he was hungover or that WELL MARIO'S BY FAR HIS BEST COUNTER etc, etc, bull****, etc.

cool stories brahhhh

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer

Hence he has achieved

RANKING IMMORTALITY
His friends aren't the ones handing out titles. When someone does surpass him, that person will be crowned best in the world, but *I* don't think we're there just yet.

Lmao, if I beat his Puff at Pound 5 AND won the tournament there would still be people johning for him, saying Falco's his best character or that he was hungover or that WELL MARIO'S BY FAR HIS BEST COUNTER etc, etc, bull****, etc.
Oh I'm not doubting that at all. But those people would be ********.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
mango not trying makes tournaments way more exciting. instead of him just beating everyone, them fighting it out in losers, and him beating them again..

there are interesting sets for the entire tournament in both losers and winners sides of bracket.

if mango never tried again i wouldnt even be mad.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
somehow i didn't expect that much salt/sarcasm from the winning player.

he really has attained ranking immortality.

i guess i'd be frustrated too...

strawhats

Smash Master
lol, this is exactly the response from hbox that mango prob hopes to get....what a troll (mango)

Youngling

Smash Journeyman

Hence he has achieved

RANKING IMMORTALITY

cool stories brahhhh
Thank you so much hbox. Honestly I keep saying this and everyone is like "OMG OMG NO NO MANGO2GOOD."

Honestly there is no way anyone can ever be better than him, because if he loses then of course he just didn't try.

I ****ing hate that.

Pengie

Smash Lord
LOL who gives a **** about Mango, Juan'll just keep beating him and as the old adage goes, haters gonna hate.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I think it's for interesting and exciting when Mango does try, because we can see how well other players do vs him, plus if someone beats him. People went crazy when Kage beat Mango.

Also it would be frustrating for HBox I imagine since he wants to be the best, but he can't be if Mango gains "ranked immortality".

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Hasn't he already beaten everyone else?
You mean when he lost to M2k and that IC player? Or when he placed lower than Jman, Lucky and Zhu...?

I love Hbox, but he hasn't claimed anything yet (in my opinion).

I might change my mind after playing both him and Mango at Pound V
though, but we'll see..:redface:

Velox

Smash Ace

Hence he has achieved

RANKING IMMORTALITY

cool stories brahhhh
lol, Hbox just got +10 cool points in my book :D (for the "cool story brah")

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Nah, peeps still give mango credit as the best because he wins teams so convincingly and has such a good record. Everytime he loses, more people will come around

S l o X

Smash Champion
the closest ones to mango is pp m2k and hbox in that order.

its like comparing lebron and kobe to jordan homie, even though he doesn't play you know if he were to get serious he'd be up to par or better.

loool not really kobe is that ***** but still

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

makoforce

Smash Ace
Thank you so much hbox. Honestly I keep saying this and everyone is like "OMG OMG NO NO MANGO2GOOD."

Honestly there is no way anyone can ever be better than him, because if he loses then of course he just didn't try.

I ****ing hate that.[/QU now you see why i dont like when ppl say isai only loses when he sandbags

Stev

Smash Ace
now you see why i dont like when ppl say isai only loses when he sandbags
That's different tho because Isai wasn't indisputably the best player at this game by a wide margin and never did literally every possible accomplishment at this game. He didn't switch to weaker characters and STILL do extremely well at national tournaments.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
That's different tho because Isai wasn't indisputably the best player at this game by a wide margin and never did literally every possible accomplishment at this game. He didn't switch to weaker characters and STILL do extremely well at national tournaments.
Mango has never done extremely well with a weaker(mid-tier or lower) character at a national tournament.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
i personally think Mango is doing the the whole "i won't try at nationals for a year" thing on purpose. if i were him, i would probably lose motivation too after owning the world for 2.5 years straight. Mango probably wants to take a year to sandbag, and then create a situation where he can prove himself again. maybe pound is when he'll take things seriously.

but if Mango is doing this consciously, it's a hell of a gamble. if he loses, he'll be perceived to have lost a step or two. If he wins, he can only re-confirm that he's the best in the world, which many already believe he his.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I mean Ken basically won everything back in his day, then he just stopped.

Mango is young and I'm sure he loves the game and doesn't want to stop.

At least until he's old enough to get on survivor

Stev

Smash Ace
Mango has never done extremely well with a weaker(mid-tier or lower) character at a national tournament.
I said weaker characters anyways. CF is a weaker character. He still beat chops and got, what, 9th at ROM 3? I suppose he used some Marth, but it's not like his Marth is amazing or anything. He may have done better as Mario at APEX had he not faced Eggz who actually knows how to play Mario, but that's pure speculation

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I personally think Mango is afraid to try again in a national again because he doesn't want to lose his title as best. He could not even attend Pound 5 or Genesis 2 and people would still say he's the best. It's kinda ******** actually.

Top Bottom