• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
No.

Mango owes the community.

If we let him play how he wants, the way he wants, and we don't apply pointless pressure to him constantly to force him to do what *we* want instead... then who will?

We as the community have cumulatively become his overbearing father, and we will ****ing ACT LIKE IT.

(I really do love watching Mango play at his best though. But I also like HBox's playstyle so wtf do I know).

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
If somebody has a large amount of characters that they can play well, and they decide to choose one of their "worse" characters but still try to win, is that still sandbagging?

I still to this day don't properly understand what sandbagging actually is (the only thing I know for sure is that it happens whenever I beat craig at 64), but the above doesn't seem like it to me. I'm sure some people will beg to differ/correct me.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That's not good enough.

I'ma call him right now and tell him to go all Puff for all time. My eyes will be filled with tears as I realize he is currently drunk and playing Yoshi in a fifty dollar MM against Lucky and Zhu 2v1, and I will rage, screaming "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME" while the thunder and rain accompany an academy-award winning soundtrack.

Then he will hang up, and I will be alone.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
god damn let him do what he wants
I'm not saying mango needs to play seriously, I'm just saying that its dumb for the community to believe that he's the best simply based on faith. Then again, I pray before I go to bed at night so w/e I guess.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm not saying mango needs to play seriously, I'm just saying that its dumb for the community to believe that he's the best simply based on faith. Then again, I pray before I go to bed at night so w/e I guess.
it's not on faith

it's the fact that almost all the top players say he's the best

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I thought Mango ***** all the top players anyway.

Where's the faith?

lol what Dark Hart said.

strawhats

Smash Master
if m2k says mango's the best then you know he's the best. lol

Mike G's sig is truth.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
it's not on faith

it's the fact that almost all the top players say he's the best
Yeah and if all your elders told you god was real and that you're going to hell you'd unquestioningly believe them.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
^No but if the scientists did and used government backed funding, I would.

and even if god turned out to be not real (when I died) who was I to say any different at the time?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yeah and if all your elders told you god was real and that you're going to hell you'd unquestioningly believe them.
omg worst analogy ever

1. I'm Jewish, so no hell

2. don't get me started on religion

3. Here's why your analogy is really bad: When people are told of religion and god and hell, they're vulnerable. Normally they're very young, so they also believe in Santa and the Easter bunny and Noah's Ark and Jonah and the Whale and the 10 plagues and all that nonsense, so they'll undoubtably believe in heaven and hell as well.

When M2K, PP, Amsah, ect., the top players, who are very smart and understand this game in ways we can't imagine, say that Mango is the best player out there over and over, I think we should take their word for it.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
we should quit this analogy while we're all behind.

so does anyone think that KK has real potential in keeping his performance at rom3 a norm?

Divinokage

Smash Legend

so does anyone think that KK has real potential in keeping his performance at rom3 a norm?
I believe he can do it, he played really well.. and I think he can only get better with practice of course.

I also believe I can achieve a greater potential.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

I'm not sure about KK himself, but I think he may have advanced the Shiek metagame a bit. Most shieks end their combos with uair or fair. At rom 3 (in particular his first set against PP) KK ended most of his combos with Usmash, and Shiek's sweet spot usmash is roughly as strong as Fox's, it's really an unexplored killing device.

Kingbuilder

Smash Rookie
Mango most definitely. He may lose a match every now and then, but he's still amazing. Keep up the work, and don't listen to the haters. <3

rhan

Smash Hero
You're saying that you paid no attention to Genesis?

The biggest tourny ever (at the time)
the most hyped tourny ever (at the time)
the tournament where Armada **** on top of everyone in this country except Mango
the tournament that truely revived Melee
the tournament that M2K finished outside of top 5 for the first time in forever
the tournament that showcased Darc's incredible doubles skills

Ya... cuz uh... nationals are irrelevant when they're on the west coast
LAAAAATE but idgaf.

But that definitely wasn't a West Coast Tourney.

That was a DBR tourney.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
But it's true.
lol no

no it's not

by your logic

The HERB series were not NC tourneys, but Bro Love tourneys

The ROM series were Alukard tourneys, not Tristate/EC tourneys

And the *Pound* series were not MDVA/EC tourneys, but they were Team Arlington tourneys

The SMYN series are not MidWest tourneys, but Champaign tourneys.

sorry Anderson, you're wrong. Genesis and Genesis II are WC tourneys

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
lol no

no it's not

by your logic

The HERB series were not NC tourneys, but Bro Love tourneys

The ROM series were Alukard tourneys, not Tristate/EC tourneys

And the *Pound* series were not MDVA/EC tourneys, but they were Team Arlington tourneys

The SMYN series are not MidWest tourneys, but Champaign tourneys.

sorry Anderson, you're wrong. Genesis and Genesis II are WC tourneys
I think you just got trolled....

Top Bottom