• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

Wake

Smash Master
If Mango enters Pound 5, I hope he tries. He's so awesome when he actually tries to play. Pound is gonna have so many good players, and the vids'll be awesome. I want to see the real Mango in some of those... maybe he'll try in some friendlies and they'll get recorded...

Linguini

Smash Master
Mango has spent up the time he's been given to fvck around, basically. If he doesn't prove himself at pound 5 he will definitively not the best player anymore.

That being said I don't mind too much and I hope I play him in bracket at pound because i'm pretty sure I can destroy any of mango's non puff characters lol

Fly was pretty tricky to play from what I remember, if your not ready for the icy shenanigans you can get *****.....

PP going hard in the paint! We gotta play at pound man, we've postponed this for so long haha

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Imo Mango is by far and away the best player still (basing this on playing his competition for that spot a lot and then playing him for an extended period of time recently).

Also yeah Linguini sorry I've been lame about playing I'm just hard to catch at tournaments and I always forget to play whoever asks me lol. We'll do it at Pound for sure. =)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
If Mango enters Pound 5, I hope he tries. He's so awesome when he actually tries to play. Pound is gonna have so many good players, and the vids'll be awesome. I want to see the real Mango in some of those... maybe he'll try in some friendlies and they'll get recorded...
if he doesnt try armada will make sure he'll regret it, me and other manly europeans wont forget to constantly remind you inferior flopmericans who are truly the best at smash after that tournament...

that said even if he actually does try europe will still win, and mango will fully lose his title... knowing this, he wont, the ******* ******. lol

LLDL

Smash Hero
Oh no. falco is winning pound 5. PP started the revolution. We'll let up in 2012 some time. Unless Armada goes falco lol.

strawhats

Smash Master
mango won't try until GENESIS 2.... thats what he said "I'll come out of retirement for Genesis 2"

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Mango has no reason to try it seems. Everyone still believes he is the best, especially the good players, so he isn't proving them wrong. Who gives a **** about the randoms? So he isn't proving them wrong. And Europe, well he has beaten them before as well and probably just doesn't care.

By not trying he has more fun, no pressure, and there is nothing on the line all the while still remaining the best player.

At the end of the day, he may not even care if he gets beat by the best. It would probably involve too much effort for something he isn't even driven to do anymore. PP is one of the best because of his drive/skill, Mango because of uncannyskill/drive. Without the drive he won't remain on top.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
hes only beaten europe once and it was close as ****, so shut up. unless off course you count friendlies at pound 4, in which case you should also count the friendlies at apex, in which case armada>mango.
and how does a bunch of idiots being ******** mango fanboys with their heads stuck up his huge ******* change anything?
if he wants to keep on having the title he should prove it.
what youre saying is as if i would say that ek is still the best player in the world, but he still doesnt win because he doesnt care (he doesnt). but hes still the best because he proved it in the past! noone beats this logic, it is impenetrable.

Hax

Smash Champion
tier list:
God: Mango
Top: Dr. peepee, hungrybox, armada
High: Mew2king, Jman
Mid (in no order): Zhu Lucky SS Darkrain Fly Amsah
Low (in no order): Hax Hugs Darc Colbol.. prolly forgetting a lot of others

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hopefully Armada's presence will inspire Mango to actually try, but I bet he'll just go mostly falcon/marth or some **** and just root for PP after someone knocks him out that normally shouldn't. Trying but purposely playing your 3rd or 4th best character isn't really trying. I wouldn't be surprised if Armada won, but I'd be less surprised if hbox or pp took him out.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Mango has spent up the time he's been given to fvck around, basically. If he doesn't prove himself at pound 5 he will definitively not the best player anymore.

That being said I don't mind too much and I hope I play him in bracket at pound because i'm pretty sure I can destroy any of mango's non puff characters lolFly was pretty tricky to play from what I remember, if your not ready for the icy shenanigans you can get *****.....

PP going hard in the paint! We gotta play at pound man, we've postponed this for so long haha
Lol no. Forget his spacies or falcon, TBH Mango could probably beat you with mario or link,

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
that said even if he actually does try europe will still win, and mango will fully lose his title...
this wont happen because we have this one player. he goes by the name of "Hungrybox"...

he has many hobbies that include:

-bairing

-resting

-3-0ing Armada in WF and then again in GF

Get *****

Charlesz

Smash Champion
this wont happen because we have this one player. he goes by the name of "Hungrybox"...

he has many hobbies that include:

-bairing

-resting

-3-0ing Armada in WF and then again in GF

Get *****
I thought it was 2-0 in qf?

Armada

Smash Lord
It´s a bit fun actually that a lot of people seems to think we from Europe proves way to few times when we actually are the only ones how are going to US (and not US players coming to Europe).

Not like it´s possible for me to attend more often.
Well let´s see what happend at Pound =).

Luma: Maybe Falco only against you next time :p

strawhats

Smash Master
tier list:
God: Mango
Top: Dr. peepee, hungrybox, armada
High: Mew2king, Jman
Mid (in no order): Zhu Lucky SS Darkrain Fly Amsah
Low (in no order): Hax Hugs Darc Colbol.. prolly forgetting a lot of others
I'd say that Amsah deserves to be in that high tier, possibly top (same with a no brawl playing/good controller/warmed up m2k). Even Jman can reach that top level player status if he's motivated and actually practices (hasn't happened too often, but after DGDTJ you bet our *** he's ready to take names and kick *** at Pound V).

Funny thing is any of these players can beat each other at their best on any given day with exception of mango.(he's on some next level **** when he actually gives a **** and is actually motivated to play).

Amsah is right, PP has ascended to another level because of his motivation. I'd dare to say that he's much like m2k was in his early days, "A genius of hard work". He's very methodical and studies mu's like its a science. Once again I've never seen anyone study the game with such in depth precision with exception of m2k. Its also why I believe why pp is destined to surpass mango.

I really wanna see Serious mango (puff) vs Dr. pp (falco)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I'd say that Amsah deserves to be in that high tier, possibly top (same with a no brawl playing/good controller/warmed up m2k). Even Jman can reach that top level player status if he's motivated and actually practices (hasn't happened too often, but after DGDTJ you bet our *** he's ready to take names and kick *** at Pound V).

Funny thing is any of these players can beat each other at their best on any given day with exception of mango.(he's on some next level **** when he actually gives a **** and is actually motivated to play).
do you realize what a contradiction that is?
imk gonna sleep now, but ill continue that post tomorrow, because god knows everything you just said is ****ing ********

also lol@ hax putting amsah in ****ing MID.... i guess getting 2nd at every major tournament in europe isnt enough (and first prior to armada stepping) and 3rd at his only american tournament. putting him in the same tier as a guy he DESTROYED and BELOW a player he beat, who also has a far less impressive track record of tournament placings then amsah.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
How would a new person rank if they did really well at the next big tournament?

Wake

Smash Master
It kind of seems like that when people make lists about who the best players are, they focus mostly (or only) on their achievements in America, and completely ignore their track record back in their own country.

Wake

Smash Master
Well exactly, I'm not saying that there's any other practical way... I just think it makes it hard to make a list with real meaning when there are so many players that can't even go to the U.S.

Stev

Smash Ace
How are people already putting Fly above Wobbles? Don't get me wrong, the guy's mad good, but Wobbles has accomplished a lot more. We just had a whole discussion on how Wobbles is underrated like a month ago. You guys are so ADD

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Swedish, British, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, German, Austrian and French players all recently played at Beast, just two weeks ago. Even a random American (who studies in Hungary) showed up.

Isn't that international enough?

Stop EXPECTING Armada, Amsah and other Europeans to travel to the US.

Stev

Smash Ace
Swedish, British, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, German, Austrian and French players all recently played at Beast, just two weeks ago. Even a random American (who studies in Hungary) showed up.

Isn't that international enough?

Stop EXPECTING Armada, Amsah and other Europeans to travel to the US.
Not to butt into the "international" argument, but you can't call anything within Europe international and not say stuff in the US isn't considering the size and population of the US. What you guys have been having is equivalent to our national sized tournaments. If you wanna make the argument on why we don't go there, do you guys have 300-400 entrants at a tournament? I haven't seen anyone be proactive about trying to get American players to come to those tournaments (although that could be from lack of interest in the American players to begin with). Are you going to wave entry fees for American players? Are you going to have a "good player fund?" None of these questions have been answered, to my knowledge.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
How are people already putting Fly above Wobbles? Don't get me wrong, the guy's mad good, but Wobbles has accomplished a lot more. We just had a whole discussion on how Wobbles is underrated like a month ago. You guys are so ADD
While I agree with this, I do understand where they're coming from when they say that.

Last time I checked, Wobbles hasn't beaten either HBox or M2K, and some beating both of those players does say something.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
There was a lot of talk about Wobbles being on about the same level as Jman, until he got 9th placed at Tipped Off 6(6?); Fly Aminita has now beaten both Hbox and Mew2king, he's been playing exceptional lately.

Its also why I believe why pp is destined to surpass mango.
Mango admits he was serious and PP still beat him. I'm not sure why you're convinced he hasn't already surpassed Mango.

Stev

Smash Ace
There was a lot of talk about Wobbles being on about the same level as Jman, until he got 9th placed at Tipped Off 6(6?); Fly Aminita has now beaten both Hbox and Mew2king, he's been playing exceptional lately.

Mango admits he was serious and PP still beat him. I'm not sure why you're convinced he hasn't already surpassed Mango.
If you go look in the tourny thread, there's 2 posts to take into account

1) PP saying Mango's still better

2) Mango played Falcon for the first 2 games, then switched to Falco (at Hugs' request). He went 0-2 as Falcon and 2-1 as Falco

Also, yes, Fly has been playing amazing lately, but keep in mind... LATELY. If he keeps it up for another few months, then sure, I would consider him there. I still think he and Wobbles are about the same.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
If you go look in the tourny thread, there's 2 posts to take into account

1) PP saying Mango's still better

2) Mango played Falcon for the first 2 games, then switched to Falco (at Hugs' request). He went 0-2 as Falcon and 2-1 as Falco.
to add to this:

In winners finals Mango was up 2-0 as Falcon, then dropped 3 straight games (also as Falcon).

According to PP and everyone else who was there, Mango tried the first to matches then stopped. PP even mentioned that Mango CP'd Pokemon Stadium and PP said, "why are you doing that?" or something to that effect and Mango just laughed.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Imo fly is about one great tourney performance away from being undeniably the best ICs, unless wobbles steps it up at pound and also ***** ****. Fly is so good!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I don't plan on going to Pound V since I don't want to travel in the middle of the academic quarter.

While it's flattering to see people view me as a contender for the best ICs, Wobbles has always been a stronger and more consistent player than I am.

D

Deleted member

Fly and Lucky are the wildcards of socal and can either do sorta poorly or beat top 5 players in the world. One day they will lose to crappier players and another they'll beat Hbox/M2k

imo while they are both amazing contenders they shouldn't be considered among the top elite, like PP or armada who are way more consistent

I watched M2ks match vs Fly also and i'd say its in between m2k straight up getting outplayed and him switching constantly between 2 games/ not having his own controller. still an AMAZING win though. When M2k played peach vs Fly's Icies Fly literally created an impenetrable wall of blizzards and ice blocks for like 90 seconds, keeping M2k stuck on the left corner of the stage

No doubt that Fly is at least #2 Icies
--

regarding amsah, i'd like to see him go to more American tournaments. Having 1 3rd place in a major national is very good but its only 1 tournament. People are divided between whether he's top 5 or whether he's just an extremely strong, yet overhyped shiek.

(i think hes overhyped)

Top Bottom